Dmin for nearest date

DMin ( expression, domain, [criteria] )

A column in my query calculates a due date for each record.
The report needs to show the nearest/soonest due date for each employee.

The report is sorted by employee so I figured I could put this into a text
box:
=DMin("DueDate","q_Inventory","DueDate")

But, under every employee is the same date, it shows the minimum date in the
query, but not for each person...

How can I make it reflext each Min date?

???

Try a Totals query and change DueDate from Group By to Min.
--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little

"Dan @BCBS" wrote:

> DMin ( expression, domain, [criteria] )
>

> A column in my query calculates a due date for each record.
> The report needs to show the nearest/soonest due date for each employee.
>
> The report is sorted by employee so I figured I could put this into a text
> box:
> =DMin("DueDate","q_Inventory","DueDate")
>
> But, under every employee is the same date, it shows the minimum date in the
> query, but not for each person...
>
> How can I make it reflext each Min date?
>
> ???

the dates on cell format make different dates.
Please, I'm just getting farther from the answer and I have to be up for church soon. First question. I'm obtuse but when I type in a date, eg jan 1 05 and then format/cell/date I select a date format and it morphs in to a completely different date. 2nd question: to change case, use UPPER or LOWER function. But, how does that work to use the cell itself or a group of cells. If anyone can help, I'll owe you forever. carrie, washington state carrieaa@hotmail.com 1) What does the date morph into? 2) Take a look at David McRitchie's macros: http://www.mvps.org...

Date in cell
If I enter 5/13/04 in a cell, how do I get the spreadsheet to format the cell to read: Thursday, May 13 Example 2: 5/23/04 = Sunday, May 23 Thanks in advance, -- ~Jeff~ [Microsoft Windows XP Pro,Office 2000] Hi Try setting it to Custom and putting dddd, mmmm dd in the box. -- Andy. "~Jeff~" <~Jeff~@~nomail~.com> wrote in message news:urWb0$OOEHA.3752@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > If I enter 5/13/04 in a cell, how do I get the spreadsheet to format the > cell to read: > > Thursday, May 13 > > Example 2: > > 5/23/04 = > > Sunday, May 23 &...

DLookUp And DMin Problem
Would you please tell me the problem of the following: DLookUp("OrderQty","[Current_Purchasing_Order1]","[Current_Purchasing_Order1].PN='"& Stock.PN &"' And [Current_Purchasing_Order1].IssueDate='Dmin("IssueDate","[Current_Purchasing_Order1]","[Current_Purchasing_Order1].PN='"& Stock.PN &"'")'") Hello "Shell". "Shell" wrote: > Would you please tell me the problem of the following: > > DLookUp("OrderQty","[Current_Purchasing_Ord...

Rounding to nearest quarter
How do you round numbers in a range to the nearest quarter so they all end in .00, .25, .50, or .75? =ROUND(A1/0.25,0)*0.25 -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Pencil" <pencil@unlisted.com> wrote in message news:Xns97F1B53478CBEpencilunlistedcom@208.49.80.124... > How do you round numbers in a range to the nearest quarter so they all end > in .00, .25, .50, or .75? > "Bob Phillips" <bob.NGs@somewhere.com> wrote in news:ep6H2O1mGHA.2252 @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl: > =ROUND(A1/0.25,0)*0.25 >...

Mail with special sending Date
Is it possible to send a mail automatically even though one is not fisically there, when a predetermined date has been reached? For example for birthdays or other information that is already available but should not reach the other one before a certain date.... Thank you so very much JFL <Jan-Frederik_Lange@gmx.de> wrote: > Is it possible to send a mail automatically even though one is not > fisically there, when a predetermined date has been reached? For > example for birthdays or other information that is already available > but should not reach the other one before a ce...

DMin, Dmax
How can I structure code or a query to find the minimum and maximum [Year] and [MthNbr] for each [CustID], one record per [CustID], e.g. Table1 [CustID] [Year] [MthNbr] 1 2004 7 1 2005 9 1 2006 3 2 2005 2 2 2006 8 2 2007 4 Query Results [CustID] [MinYear] [MinMthNbrForMinYear] [MaxYear] [MaxMthNbrForMaxYear] 1 2004 7 2006 ...

How do I convert US date with 12hr format to European date 24hr
I am using Excel. I have a mix of 24hr and 12hr AM/PM format pulling from a database. I want to reformat all dates with time to the 24hr clock so that I can then have 1 format to manipulate If the input data are formatted so that Excel recognises them as times, then it doesn't matter whether they are 12 hour or 24 hour format. If you want to change them all to one format, use Format/ Cells/ Number/ Time, and choose to suit your preference. You may have problems if your data are treated as text because they have spare spaces or non-breaking spaces. In that case you'd ha...

How do I subtract todays date from range of dates
I need to make todays date as a constant so when I drag the formula down the cells used in calculating the cell with todays date does not change. Use =TODAY() USe absolute references as in =$A$1 We could help better if we saw you formula best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "AHD3" <AHD3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55C115F9-B1D0-430C-B628-B4604D5ABCBC@microsoft.com... > I need to make todays date as a constant so when I drag the formula down > the > cells used in calculating the c...

Text not date
How do I change the settings so that if a number like 1-10 or 1/10 is entered into a cell, it will stay like that rather than turning into 10-Jan for Excel 2007? I know I can add a space before the number (which affect sorting and alignments) or set the cell to text, but is there a way to change the defaults to always prevent this from happening. I rarely enter dates and if I do I would rather change it myself. Also, this can be problematic when doing pasting from one source into Excel while keeping links, etc. intact. Thank you. On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 11:53:01 -0800, Bio...

Gap Width Problem with Dates
On Excel XP, the column widths when graphing values has a problem when the x-axis labels are a date format. The gap width for a chart that uses numbers or text as x-axis labels can be set to zero and the display columns will touch each other. (i.e. the 'gap' between columns is removed from the view). When a graph is created using calendar dates in the x label fields, the visual gap is forced wide and the gap width control will not bring the columns together. Each column is significantly skinnier and the majority of the chart is occupied with the 'dead air' of uncon...

Can you automatically date stamp emails that you send out?
My emails need a date stamp on them as I send them. It does not appear that you can do this..does someone have an idea to do this? Thanks invest wrote: > My emails need a date stamp on them as I send them. It does not > appear that you can do this..does someone have an idea to do this? > Thanks Well, you'll get a timestamp in your message headers when they get to the recipient. What is it you're trying to do/track/see? ...

Date Formula
Please Help. I have two cells, A1, B1. In B1 I want the current date if A1 is populated. If A1 is not populated I would like the message "< Input" in B2. Here is my formula in B1: =IF(A1="","< Input",TODAY()) It should be so simple, but I can't seem to make it work. Can anyone tell me what is wrong?? Thanx for your help. I don't see anything wrong with the formula. Make sure you set your calculation to Automatic. "Grumpy" wrote: > Please Help. I have two cells, A1, B1. In B1 I want the current date if A1 ...

Outlook 2003 is printing date, even when headers and footers are 'clean'
Hello! I have a client with Outlook 2003. On some of the received emails, there's always a date printed on bottom left corner, no matter that I have cleaned all the headers and footers field, defined new styles, etc. While I'm writing this, my colleague found that only HTML emails are printed with date, on Rich-text formatted mails, there is no date printed. I've even tried to delete MSOHTMED.EXE, but after restarting Outlook, a new file is created and I don't think that there are any available settings. I've read that this file is used by Outlook to handle HTML messages....

can i see the date the last time a cell was changed?
I am trying to figure out a formulla to make the date appear in one cell everytime anouther cell's data is chaged. Use a worksheet_change event to copy the cell address and put in a date stamp. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "JohnNuTek" <JohnNuTek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5085A544-CBF4-4B81-A244-B03DE9A0E9E6@microsoft.com... >I am trying to figure out a formulla to make the date appear in one cell > everytime anouther cell's data is chaged. There really isn't a worksheet formula to do that. Typicall...

Rounding numbers to nearest 0.12
Hi, I need excel to round numbers to the nearest 1/8th, 2.6 becomes 2.62, 2.41 becomes 2.37 etc. Can one of you gurus point me in the right direction. Many thanks, Rick Rick Sanderson wrote: > Hi, > I need excel to round numbers to the nearest 1/8th, > 2.6 becomes 2.62, > 2.41 becomes 2.37 etc. > > Can one of you gurus point me in the right direction. > Many thanks, > Rick MROUND job done If you'd rather not depend on the Analysis Toolpak Add-in, you could use: =ROUND(A1*8,0)/8 In article <3fac310a@news.greennet.net>, "Rick Sanderson"...

Inserting today's date in Word 2007 document
Such a basic problem.....Word 2007.101 for sure. I am very new to Msft 2007 Suite. I cannot figure out where is the icon or link to simply insert the date at the top of a document. "Mort" <Mort@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5091E35A-C90E-4429-8A4F-E3A0ECE20E0C@microsoft.com... > Such a basic problem.....Word 2007.101 for sure. > > I am very new to Msft 2007 Suite. > > I cannot figure out where is the icon or link to simply insert the date at > the top of a document. Errr "Insert" Tab (you want to INSERT some...

Date Calculation #3
I know you have probably answered this question before but here it is again. I have a document that I am trying to make easier to fill in (weekly we have to make upwards of 182 different documents). I have seven fields that I need to put the dates into starting with monday and ending on sunday. Is it possible to enter monday's date in the first field and Excel enter the next six days including it the last few days of the month and it makes that adjustment. Basically it looks like this: Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday ...

Rounding ages to nearest tenth
I am trying to get my database for my field hockey team to figure the players age by entering their brithdate. I can get it to round to the nearest tenth but if I tell it no decimals, it rounds to the nearest whole number. I just want it to drop the decimal places. If the player is 4 days shy of their 13th birthday, they are still 12. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks for your help, Deb On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 02:28:32 GMT, "Deb_B" <u57741@uwe> wrote: >I am trying to get my database for my field hockey team to figure the players >age by entering their br...

received date in saved items
Weekly I forward messages from work to my home e-mail address. When I used Outlook Express, messages that were moved from my inbox to my saved item folder would retain the original message date. Now in Outlook 2003, I am getting the date when I forwarded the message, not the original date. How can I retain the original date? Sorry, I wasn't really clear - I attach the e-mail messages to a cover e-mail. When I move the ATTACHED messages, they don't show the original date. They show the date of the cover e-mail. So if I forwarded messages from 11/1 through 11/7 but I forwar...

No dates
when ever i recieved an e-mail the date it was sent was always along side the e-mail, but know i dont get a date, why has this happenend, i like the date being printed as i know when i recieved them please help. Is there something i can do. "ANNA B." <bryla@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23htLYe01KHA.5828@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > when ever i recieved an e-mail the date it was sent was always along side > the e-mail, > but know i dont get a date, why has this happenend, i like the date being > printed as > i know when i recieved them...

Creation date
Hi, I would like a way to insert the creation date of worksheet, not the creation date of the template. -- Thank you in Advance Merci a l'Avance Martin Hi you'll need VBA for this. Find below a UDF for this task: Public Function Get_Creation_date() As Date Get_Creation_date = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Creation Date") End Function Enter the following in your target cell: =Get_Creation_date() and format the result as date -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Martin Racette wrote: > Hi, > > I would like a way to insert the creation d...

DMIN error
Hi Groupies I am on a sub sub form and I need to use the DMIN function to get the lowest date from a query. My syntax in the textbox is: =DMin([dtmDate],"qryBlockOpen","[lngBlockID]= " & [Forms]![frmProjectMaster]![fsubCompartments]![fsubBlocks]![lngBlockID]) The textbox is displaying the #Name? error. I have double checked the name of everything so I'm not sure what the problem is. The textbox just has the default name Text124 at the moment. -- Thanks for taking the time! CJ --------------------------------------------------------- Know ...

Wrong Date On Account Update
I am running Money 2004 Version 12.0 update 1. When I download my check book entries & I accept the download for each entry the date is changed from "your entry" in checkbook to "bank entry" That is if I date the check April 1, Money will change that date to the date that it cleared the bank. Is there any way to accept the download but keep the date that the check was written? Under Tools/Options/"On Line Services" tab - remove the check mark from the line that says: "Overwrite transaction date with date from downloaded transactions" Art marv...

Insert date in cell but ..
Hi, I have template for invoice that compile the cell date automatically =today() but it's a problem if I open the document in a different date because change cell contenent based on a function today. I want, if it is possible, a template that use a formula to calcutate a value but in a new document there're only the results not formula. Thank's in advice In the template you can have the function TODAY( ), but then when you set it up for a new invoice you should fix the value of this function. To do this, click <copy> Edit | Paste Special | Values (check) then OK and ...

Select dates in range
Good day to all, I've a table with some records of events for subjects and on certain dates, now I need to get a query that returns me the Subject, Subject creation date, 3 months after creation date, Value at 3 months, 6 months after creation date, Value at 6 months: This is for example: Table subject: ID Name Born 1 Jon 6/6/95 2 Betty 8/12/95 3 Rudolf 15/01/96 Table wheight Date subjectID Wheight 6/7/95 1 10 7/8/95 1 18 5/9/95 1 25 ................... (continue) 6...