display on first occurrence of a change in the value

How can I have a report display a text message upon the first occurence of a
change in the value of a field in the underlying table?  In other words, the
field in this table has the same value for many records in a row, but all of
a sudden that can change and I want to alert the report reader once that
subsequent records are now reflecting these changed values.  What I think I
need is some kind of switch that changes from say 0 to 1 when that first
change happens.
Thanks.
Alan

adgon,
   Use the Hide Duplicates propety set to Yes.
   Only the first instance of each value will display.
--
    hth
    Al Campagna

"adgorn" <adgorn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I have a report display a text message upon the first occurence of
> change in the value of a field in the underlying table?  In other words,
> the
> field in this table has the same value for many records in a row, but all
> of
> a sudden that can change and I want to alert the report reader once that
> subsequent records are now reflecting these changed values.  What I think
> need is some kind of switch that changes from say 0 to 1 when that first
> change happens.
> Thanks.
> Alan

0
Al
3/10/2008 9:55:56 PM
Doesn't work in this case since I am using IIF as the control source.  What I
want is IIF record=0, don't print anything; IIF record=1, print my text
warning, but just the first time.
--
Alan

"Al Campagna" wrote:

> adgon,
>    Use the Hide Duplicates propety set to Yes.
>    Only the first instance of each value will display.
> --
>     hth
>     Al Campagna
>     Microsoft Access MVP
>     http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html
>
>     "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your life."
>
> "adgorn" <adgorn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How can I have a report display a text message upon the first occurence of
> > change in the value of a field in the underlying table?  In other words,
> > the
> > field in this table has the same value for many records in a row, but all
> > of
> > a sudden that can change and I want to alert the report reader once that
> > subsequent records are now reflecting these changed values.  What I think
> > need is some kind of switch that changes from say 0 to 1 when that first
> > change happens.
> > Thanks.
> > Alan

Filtering depending on value of a cell
Hi to all, Is it possible to filtration according to a value that is typed in a certain cell? Colomn B contain month names: Jan, Feb, ... until Dec. Is it possible to filltering using VB Code or Macro.. depending on the value that I type in cell C4? After that to print the filtered range starting colomn C until colomn L after hiding colomns F,G,H,I . Colomn headings are in row 6 Yes, you can program the Autofilter. Have a look in the newsgroups here, that kind of question has been answered a lot of times of before. You can reference the value of a cell using: Sheets("nameoftheshee...

OWA problem with changing local path in IIS
I am migrating an Exchange 5.5 org to 2003 with 16 sites. We're about half way through the migration and have had a problem with OWA defaulting to the domain name of the site where the hub resides. In IIS on the Exchange virtual directory we can reset it to the local desired domain name, but it eventually resets back to the default domain. Example Exchange virtual directory local path \\.\BackOfficeStorage\domain1.edu\MBX is the initial setting. We change to the local domain \\.\BackOfficeStorage\domain13.edu\MBX . But it eventually resets to the first setting. ...

how do I get imported addresses to autocomplete first time out
I have just upgraded from Outlook Express and cannot now get addresses in my addressbook imported from Express to autocomplete without laboriously entering each address in full the first time I use them. It's taking me forever. Is there somehow I can introduce Outlook to my entire addressbook on a batch basis, or is it really necessary to do it one name at a time? You don't understand. Autocompletion has nothing to do with your Contacts. It uses a cache of names that will be populated as you send messages. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Frustrated user" <Frustr...

Change Brokerage user name and password
How does one change the login information (user name and password) for a brokerage to download info? I have gone around and around a million times and can't find it. I really hate 2007 -- David Schwartz Commack, NY Look up the following Help Topic: Update Money with a changed bank or brokerage password -Mark "David Schwartz" <who4ever@optonline.net> wrote in message news:HHTQh.29$E%2.19@newsfe12.lga... > How does one change the login information (user name and password) for a > brokerage to download info? > I have gone around and around a million times...

Dual Displays

Find cell which returned maximum value in formula
-- De De, try this, =CELL("address",INDEX(A:A,MATCH(MAX(A:A),A:A,0))) will show the first one if there are more than one -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "De" <De@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A17DFFDA-BE05-463C-B68D-65FE235E6098@microsoft.com... > > -- > De Thanks, Paul, but I found this hard to follow. Excel kept returning that I had disabled macros but yo...

Folder could not be displayed

How to create a 2 columns and 2 lines graph with non-related value
Hi, I am trying to create a graph with 2 columns and 2 lines. I am able to get the 2 colums ($000 value) and one line easily ($000 value), however the 4th data series is completely out of range (it's a percentage value ranging between 8 and 10%). I can see the line completely flat on the bottom axis but would like to be able to move it up so it kind of "hangs over" the columns. Any ideas that do not involve complexed programming? Thanks, Double click on the line, and on the Axis tab of the Format Series dialog, select Secondary. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Exc...

How to disable auto-capitalization of first letter in Outlook eMail writing?
When I write new eMails in Outlook then always the first letter on new lines is automatically turned into a capital letter. How can I turn this "feature" off? Characters should be taken as I type them. Sven Tools, Options, Spelling tab, Auto Correct, turn it off or change the Auto Correct Options. If Word is your editor, see the instructions for auto correct in Word's Help. "Sven Claasen" wrote: > When I write new eMails in Outlook then always the first letter on new lines > is automatically turned into a capital letter. > > How can I turn this &quo...

How to select & display distinct values

Changing Codes
I have a series of product codes that all begin with a zero e.g 0455 0343, 0325. I want to change all the zeros to a 9 is there a quick way of doin this? Chri -- cj2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cj21's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2567 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=40144 Maybe using a helper cell and using a formula? ="9"&mid(a1,2,255) (255 is just a very big number to get the remainder of the text.) If these are numbers just formatted to show ...

Display Time in Outlook

My first post and 11 Hilarious videos
As the title says 11 hilarious videos I've gathered from the last week. Enjoy ;) '*Webcam singing goes wrong*' (http://tinyurl.com/aht7k) - '*The wedding slapper dance*' (http://tinyurl.com/75l8a) - '*Wedding couple runs into door*' (http://tinyurl.com/8vxxc) - '*Bloody skate crash*' (http://videos.humpingfrog.com/13392/2006/01/bloody-skate-crash.html) - '*5 car crashes in 55 seconds*' (http://tinyurl.com/cfnhg) - '*Woman attacked by Bull*' (http://tinyurl.com/bjhlf) - '*Granny gets run over by her own car*' (http://tin...

Hide rows with value "Hours"
I would like to toggle rows to hide/unhide based on the value "Hours" in column B. I think filtering is an issue to some blank seperator rows and merged cell headings. There are no merged cells involving Column B. Thanks. Public Sub ProcessData() Const TEST_COLUMN As String = "B" '<=== change to suit Dim i As Long Dim iLastRow As Long With ActiveSheet iLastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, TEST_COLUMN).End(xlUp).row For i = 1 To iLastRow .Rows(i).Hidden = .Cells(i, TEST_COLUMN).Value = "Hours" Next i End With ...

Ownership change
Anyone have experience with being acquired, but stayed on the current systems of MS Dynamics GP? We were just acquired by a new owner. Our companies and operations will stay the same, except we have a new holding company for the new parent. If we are going to stay on MS Dynamics GP, what would be the best way to transition to the new ownership and have a clean cutoff of the old ownership vs new ownership? We were considering two options - 1. start new company db's for each company acquired and copy over our old db to the new db, but remove all the historical tran...

PK and FK Displayed

Changing Constants in several macros in one go
Dear Experts: For a table macro (see below) I have defined two constants ... .... strConstantBlue: representing the RGB value for borders, .... strConstantBlue_2: representing the RGB value for background pattern color. I got SEVERAL similar table macros all with the SAME constants, i.e. .... strConstantBlue and .... strConstantBlue_2. How can I set NEW values for these two constants in all the affected macros in one go, using an InputBox? That is, after entering the new values for the constant <strConstantBlue>, say (44,33,22), the values for these constants have to ...

How to change default formatting
How can I prevent Excel guessing what it thinks I want to type in a cell (mainly text). If I type in 1/2 it thinks I want 1st February 2003, but I just want "1/2" If I type in MAR01 it thinks I want 1st March 2003 but I just want "MAR01" etc etc Its a real pain! I knew about that one thanks. However I want to avoid having to do that every time. Any other ideas? -- "Kevin Stecyk" <stecyk@nohotspammail.com> wrote in message news:OGhujJanDHA.2732@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Ian, > > Try preceding the "text" with a single ' (apost...

Pasting a value as an hyperlink
I have imported a list from a database of file paths to documents on our server, these data is currently formatted as 'General' Is there anyway of converting that value into a hyperlink to the said documents? If your list is the complete path and file name, then in an adjacent column you could just do: =3DHYPERLINK(A1) and copy this down. If you wish to you could fix the values and then you would not need column A. Hope this helps. Pete On Apr 20, 4:14=A0pm, The Rook <TheR...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have imported a list from a data...

Formulas are displayed, results are not

validation list--list depends on the selection of first list
I think this question has been answered before but i can't seem to find anything related to it. I wonder if this is even possible? I have about four items on the first validation list that i can choose from, and based on what is chosen on that list, the second validation list should only show the list of items that are related to what is chosen on the first validation list. For example, on the first validation list, there are these items: A, B, C, D. A has 1, 2, 3, 4 B has 5,9,30,2 C has 0, 12, 6, 10 D has 66,44,33,22 If i choose A, then the second validation list should only list...

Stop displaying a line

Change language event
Hi, Is there a message that I can handle when the user changes the language from the language bar ? Yoav. > Hi, > Is there a message that I can handle when the user changes the language > from > the language bar ? > > Yoav. Try WM_INPUTLANGCHANGE and see where that gets you. Eric ...