Display multiple records from same ControlSource

I am trying to display multiple records in one text box on a report. I can
get it to work if I put the text box in the "Details" section of the report,
but I need it to be displayed at the bottom of the report.

Is there a way to move the "Details" Section to the bottom of the report?

Is there a way to get more than one resord to be displayed in one text box?

Thanks like always for the help...
-H-

Hello "H".

"SummitSeeker" wrote:
> I am trying to display multiple records in one text box on a report.
> I can get it to work if I put the text box in the "Details" section
> of the report, but I need it to be displayed at the bottom of the
> report.
>
> Is there a way to move the "Details" Section to the bottom of the
> report?
 No.

> Is there a way to get more than one resord to be displayed in one
> text box?

No.

> Thanks like always for the help...

The report header/footer or a form header/footer is a section that is
only not repeated, but in general all other sections like page header
or footer, group header or footer and also the details section is
ment to be repeated several times. Especially the details section is
repeated for every record of the record source of the form or report.
Therefore, if you see multiple textboxes displaying data from multiple
records, it's not one textbox that contains multiple records, instead
there are multiple copies of the details section, one for each record.
(In VB6, to achieve the same result, one had to create a custom
control for that section that was repeated in a DataRepeater control.)
The is a predefined order or hirarchy of sections in a report that can
not be changed. From what you describe, it seems to me that you want
to display a list of certain items in the report footer. To achieve
this, you may have to create a report that only displays your list
(maybe containing only a details section that repeats a textbox) and
place it as a subreport in the report footer of your report.

--
Regards,
Wolfgang

0
Wolfgang

Dual Displays

Folder could not be displayed

Dataset Merge / getchanges just adding records?
I'm using the following subroutine. The two different XML files are identical with the exception of three additional records in the second one. One has 450 records, and the other has 453. After merging, I get 903 records. I guess what I expected was 3 records; just the differences in the two. The two tables have the exact same structure, etc.... So am I misinterpreting how to do this? It seems to me that the merge should produce only three new records! Private Sub btnStart_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnStart.Click Dim dsOld As Data...

How to select & display distinct values

Purchase Order Generator
Customer would like to setup Order Multiples for PO Generator. There is an option on the Item Vendor Maintenance window (Cards-Inventory-Vendors) and on the Item Resource Planning Maintenance window (Cards-Inventory-Item Resource Planning). However when generating purchase orders the system does not look at either of these quantities. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link...

Display Time in Outlook

how do you save a multiple page newsletter in Publisher?
I have a 4 page newsletter I would like to email our clients. What format do I save it to? Convert it to a pdf file and send it as an attachment. Many folks here like the free Primopdf program which you can get at www.primopdf.conm If you have e-mail addresses and websites in your newsletter you may want a pdf creating program that will make them active in the pdf file. An excellent modestly priced program is PDF-XChange which you can get at http://www.docu-track.com/downloads/users/ -- Don Vancouver, USA "Insurancegirl" <Insurancegirl @discussions.microsoft.com>...

PK and FK Displayed

Formulas are displayed, results are not

Multiple email addresses #4
I recently went from Outlook Express to Outlook, importing my Address Book as I went. However, when I am in Outlook, I can only see one email address per contact. That is, if I have two email address for one contact, I can only see the primary one in Outlook. How do I correct? Do you have separate contact items for the several addresses or what? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.gr...

Stop displaying a line

Multiple Outlook.exe in Windows Task Manager
How do you stop this and why is it there. Sometimes I want to shut down, and I get error messages waiting for another outlook.exe to close >-----Original Message----- >How do you stop this and why is it there. Sometimes I >want to shut down, and I get error messages waiting for >another outlook.exe to close >. >I have the same problem, let me know if you get an answer. You are getting multiple instances of OL, showing in task mngr/processses, because OL is not shutting down when you Close/End it. Have you run Detect/Repair?, Any Com addins?; if so disable these and ...

Display or not display series

Multiple Calendars in OL 2003 don't stay checked
Am using OL 2003 and Exchange 5.5 w/SP4. Since this version of OL allows you to check and view multiple Calendars (multiple mailboxes, not same one), I select the ones I want to view (usually my own and one other). However, the selection doesn't stay checked, and, either in the same session, or, after exiting and reentering OL, the second Calendar is no longer checked (I NEVER lose the check on my own Calendar, just the others). Other users of OL 2003 are having the same issue. How can this be fixed? Thanks! It should remain checked within the same outlook session, but doesn't ...

Displaying an equation
I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have equations in them. I want to have a cell that displays this equation with the answers that are calculated from these other cells displayed as values in the new equation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Check out http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm#getformula In article <E4143E2B-360A-4B43-955F-73BF8EC60694@microsoft.com>, "hoising8" <hoising8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have > eq...

storing multiple list selections in access
i have 2 tables, table a and table b. is it possibile for a control bound to table a (a list box, with multiple selections eneabled) to be able to select multiple records from table b, and store them? i.e. table A record 1 has table B records 1,2,3,4,8,12, and so on selected while Table A record 2 only has table B records 3, 8 and 15 selected, and so on.. is there some way to store those selections within table A? for those curious, i'm making a character sheet for an RPG.. table A is the actual sheet, while B is the list of spells.. i'm looking for a way to store which spells each ...

records before 6 months
Hello everyone, Anyone know how to select records before 6 months? Basically I have a date field and I need to select records older than 6 months from the current date. So today is 03/29/10. I would need all the records BEFORE 10/29/09. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks, Himansu On Mar 29, 2:24=A0pm, "Himansu" <himansu...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hello everyone, > > Anyone know how to select records before 6 months? > Basically I have a date field and I need to select records > older than 6 months from the current date. =A0So today is...

Serialisation
A general query Im serialising a person object with the following member variables Class Person Private _forenames As String Private _surname As String Private _dob As Date Private _marital_status As MaritalStatus 'Public Get and Set Properties here for each of the above ' I'll not detail them all to save space but Ill show attributes <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="forename")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="surname")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="dob"...

New Email does not display
When new email arrives you don't know it. You don't know you have new mail until you click on an existing email in your inbox. Any ideas? It's a setting. But... 1. You don't tell us the program you're using. 2. We can't guess if it's Outlook or Outlook Express. 3. This is the Excel newsgroup; you're in the wrong place. :) ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Travis" <Travis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D864BC01-7D98-48DA-A132-614D02E45963@microsoft.com... > When new email arrives you don't know ...

Dynamic Chart Display
I have set up many dynamic charts using named ranges with the counta function. At times when reopened the data is not displayed properly - it will be skewed to the left with blank intervals although all data is there. It can be corrected by going to the data sheet and resaving the spreadsheet but this is very inconvenient and doesn't always work. This is particularly a problem when the spreadsheet is for distribution or to be used as part of a presentation. Does anyone know if there is a way to 'freeze' the display so this does not occur? Thank you! ...