Date parameters on crosstab report?

I am reporting on orders analysed by advertising source.
I have built my first crosstab query that works fine, and then a report
based on that which also works OK.
However, we need to select the date range (order date) for which it is
reporting.
In the past with ordinary select queries I have simply added Between [Enter
start date] And [Enter end date] to the appropriate date field column in the
design grid and it has worked fine.
But on this one it makes no difference - it either continues to display the
whole set of data, or nothing at all, depending on the syntax I use.
Is there something different about crosstab queries?
I assume I am correct in adding these parameters to the underlying query and
not to the report??
Could you please advise exactly what I should enter, and where, to achieve
what I want?
Many thanks
CW

First thing, with a crosstab query you MUST declare your parameters and if
any
other queries are used in the crosstab their parameters must also be
declared.

Open the query in design mode
Select Query: Parameters from the Menu
Fill in the EXACT name of the parameter in column 1
Select the data type of the parameter in column 2

--
John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007

"CW" <CW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am reporting on orders analysed by advertising source.
> I have built my first crosstab query that works fine, and then a report
> based on that which also works OK.
> However, we need to select the date range (order date) for which it is
> reporting.
> In the past with ordinary select queries I have simply added Between
> [Enter
> start date] And [Enter end date] to the appropriate date field column in
> the
> design grid and it has worked fine.
> But on this one it makes no difference - it either continues to display
> the
> whole set of data, or nothing at all, depending on the syntax I use.
> Is there something different about crosstab queries?
> I assume I am correct in adding these parameters to the underlying query
> and
> not to the report??
> Could you please advise exactly what I should enter, and where, to achieve
> what I want?
> Many thanks
> CW

0
John

filter by date and action

Unexpected feature when working with Reporting Services
Using a previous version of Internet Explorer (6.0.2800.1106CO) we generate a Report from an aspx page (using Reporting Services). Then the report was showed in a popup page. The Reporting Services can export a report to Excel, so we used to do this and an Excel sheet opened, and the previous page (the 'popup') kept open. Now we've upgraded the Explorer to the 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158CO version and when exporting the report to an excel, the popup closes... we don't know why... can anybody explain me how to resolve this? Thanks in advance. has IE enabled...

Transaction Date VS Business Date

Part of Report not printing
I am using Access 2003. I have a training database with a list of employees and the training they have completed. I have used this database for 5 - 10 years. Annually I update and print out the reports by job title listing the employees and what training they have completed. Now, for some unknown reason, one of the reports will only print out the names and not the checkboxes associated with the training. I can see the report on the screen and it is fine, but when I go to print it out, only the names listed print - the checkboxes do not print. I even when back to the report and re-s...

Post Dated Checks

strange date format problem

How to sort by name then date?

Transport rule Fails with "The specific recipient is invalid Parameter namd: Address" on know good address
I found a post about using transport rules to control the direction of mail to specific address. I have found alot if information and have tried many of the solutions and all are failing on the recipient address. the address are all good address. I can send to them from inside and outside the orginization. Below is the out put from the Transport wizard. Can some one see why this rule keeps failing on me? Daryl Summary: 1 item(s). 0 succeeded, 1 failed. Elapsed time: 00:00:00 mail review Failed Error: The specified recipient is invalid. Parameter name: Address Exc...

if statement with dates #2

zz report
Can I re-print the z and zz report? if I can't where can I find the information that I need from last month sales. Thanks -- Reynold Cycle Manager | Journal | View | Select the batch you need your Z report, hit end on your keyboard. Should take you right to the Z report for the batch you selected. You can use the same procedure from the journal in POS. Craig "Jose" <Jose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F326CD32-8EE9-422E-8ADC-669621818BB4@microsoft.com... > Can I re-print the z and zz report? if I can't where can I find the > information tha...

Counting Dates?

An expression for dates from and to

Returning only MAX(date) not all dates
I want to be able to list the most current date an item is checked out. As I was working through the query I used max as an aggregate function but I still can't get the simple result I want. I'd rather list the fields I have chosen and somehow select just the most current checkout date. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is my query: SELECT tblTerritory.TerritoryID, [TerritoryName] & " " & [TerritoryDescription] AS Description, tblTerritory.TerritoryTypeID, tblTerritoryType.TerritoryType, Max(tblTerritoryCheckout.DateCheckedOut) AS Checked...

System Date
Can anyone help me on how to force the system date to a member field of "Date" type? I could not find any help on msdn that comes with visual c++. Any hint or help will be appreciated. Thanks, Behrouzk Are you just trying to get the current date. You can use CTime::GetCurrentTime() or COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime() Tom "Behrouzk" <Behrouzk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8FA4B6B-73CE-4058-B50C-C9BEBAB67E68@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help me on how to force the system date to a member field of > "Date" type? I could not fi...

Track Serial # Report
Hi all, we have a serialized item delivered from more than one supplier, I need a report to track serialized item by Supplier & PO`s information. any help please. ...

Conditional Formatting
Hi, I have a spreadsheet that is for tracking work. I would like to have conditional formatting so that if the date in column E is between todays date and 4 weeks away then make it blue, if it is a date that is after 4 weeks away then make it yellow but if it is in the past make it red. Can this be done with conditional formatting or does it need vba? Also it would be nice if the whole row changes colour even if just the condition is on the date which is in column E - but if that can't be done then just the cell is fine. Thanks Assume the dates start in E2, select all dates w...

Time and date problem
Hello I have spreadsheet cell (B1) that contains a date and time: 05/11/2003 13:45:50 I have another series of cells (A1 to A100) that contain an increment of 30 seconds: 30.00 I would like to add the seconds to the date and time putting the result in column C, I have tried to do: =B1+(A1/100000) but the answer is wrong by 4 seconds and then gets worse the further down the column I go. Can somebody show me how to add the seconds to the date please. Thanks Tom Tom, Right method, wrong divider! 86,400 secs in a day.. change your 100000 to 86400 and you're there. Nikos Y. (nyannaco ...

Date subtraction -How to not show negative when 2nd date not entered
Hi, I have a section of a worksheet that just needs to show working days between two dates. For example, an order was entered on 9/2/07 and complete on 9/15/07 The formula =NETWORKDAYS(A1, A9) works perfectly except that until the "completed date" ise filled in, a negative number appears. Is there a way to have that remain blank until both dates have been entered? Thanks! Hi Edward, change your formula as =IF(A9="","",NETWORKDAYS(A1, A9)) -- Pranav Vaidya VBA Developer PN, MH-India If you think my answer is useful, please rate this post as an ANSWER...

Counting in a Report
I have the following entered for the Control Source in a group header text box on my report: =Abs(Sum([CountOfGoal])) Now in the footer of my report I want to add the result of those text boxes in another text box. What should I enter for the Control Source of that text box? Thanks, CEV "CEV" <chadv@advancebkg.com> wrote in message <evr8e50dpb@enews1.newsguy.com>: > I have the following entered for the Control Source in a group header > text box on my report: > > =Abs(Sum([CountOfGoal])) > > Now in the footer of my report I want to add the re...

PivotTable question
Thanks Debra, For some reason when on that Date field button in the Pivot table & choose the Group & Show Detail > Group I get a "Cannot group that selection" pop up message. I'll give the other tips a shot, I'm sure those will work. thanks again -- -= cj = ----------------------------------------------------------------------- -= cj =-'s Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1467 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26305 If the date column contains text, or blank cells, you'll see th...

Incorrect date in creation date field
I am having an issue when creating a template I am trying to use the date field called creation date but when it is inerted into the document it shows an incorrect date? For example the file was created and saved on May 26, 2006 but the creation date field show November 26, 2002. Has anyone else seen this problem? ...