Date Format In A Report

I am writng a report to show assessments due on a weekly basis.  I created
the report but in the Header of the Report where it will havve the assessment
referencedate group together by the week it is showing up as a number to
represent which week of the year it is.  I want it to display the week as a
Sunday date to show the beginning of the week rather than a number to display
which week it is in the year.  Can someone give me the correct formula to put
in there to make it show this?  Thanks Julie

Julie Gilliam wrote:

>I am writng a report to show assessments due on a weekly basis.  I created
>the report but in the Header of the Report where it will havve the assessment
>referencedate group together by the week it is showing up as a number to
>represent which week of the year it is.  I want it to display the week as a
>Sunday date to show the beginning of the week rather than a number to display
>which week it is in the year.  Can someone give me the correct formula to put
>in there to make it show this?

	DateAdd("d", 1 - WeekDay(Date()), Date())

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

"Julie Gilliam" wrote:

> I am writng a report to show assessments due on a weekly basis.  I created
> the report but in the Header of the Report where it will havve the assessment
> referencedate group together by the week it is showing up as a number to
> represent which week of the year it is.  I want it to display the week as a
> Sunday date to show the beginning of the week rather than a number to display
> which week it is in the year.  Can someone give me the correct formula to put
> in there to make it show this?  Thanks Julie

producing a report via a keyword
help needed please........ I am not a formula expert so bear with me please. I know filtering is available but I am trying to save effort as data goes into a seperate report. Basically I have a skill matrix spread worksheet I need to extract data from using a keyword search so: the dbase sheet is designed as: Col a Col B through to Col Z Row 1 Skill title i.e. Excel Row 2 Name Knowledge level between 1 to 5 i.e. 2 Note there is about 100 rows of names. example therefore is: Excel word Colin ...

Non-Delivery Reports for External email senders
My Exchange 2003 Server only sends NDRs to internal email senders. External email senders who mis-type email addresses get nothing delivered back. My Bad mail folder is empty but the mail queue is full with stuff trying to leave the server. How can I make the external mail servers get their non-deliverable reports. I have Recipient policy set to check users in active directory and enabled in the SMTP virtual server. Make sure everything is enabled, use this article as a reference. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294757 Nue "David A" <DavidA@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Command button on a report
Is it possible to put a command button or another type of control that a user can hit to print or close that report? -- TIA No: you cannot have a command on a report that works in Print Preview. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "tsison7" <tsison7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA2CBCE4-8DA6-423B-9CF2-C3581961B358@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to put a command button or another type of control that a > use...

start date for query
I have two tables that I want to use in a query, or combination of queries. One is an attendance table, the other is a corrective action table. The start date for the quesry will always be 6 months prior, unless one of the representatives has an active write up in the corrective action table. If they do have a corrective action write up, then i want to use the date of the corrective action as the start date for that rep, not the 6 months prior (default). How would this be done? Thanks- Scott you might try using a DLookup() function that searches the corrective action table, something along...

Problem with extending list formats and formulas
Hey all- I'm having a problem with extending list formats and formulas using Excel 2000. I know there are limitations to what that feature can do, but I thought I'd check here, since I have a very simple example that isn't working. I create a sheet with two columns. In the column A, I just enter any arbitrary number in each of the first 10 cells. For column B, I want to calculate the difference between the last two values in column A. In other words, B2's formula is =A2-A1, and B3 = A3-A2, etc.. I copy this formula down the first 10 cells of column B (skipping the first r...

[OL2003] Mark comments with fixed string AND date
Hi, is it possible that comments I write into an email are not only marked with a fixed string (e.g. my name or initials), but with the current date as well? Thanks for your help. Best wishes, J. no. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visiting http://www.microsoft.com...

percentages calculated for a report
I have a report for a query that pulls from 3 tables. The main table contains employee hours by month and budget code. The supplemental tables contain budget code descriptions and additional employee information. In the code footer, I calculate the total hours by code for the year-to-date. In the employee footer, I calculate the total hours by employee for the year-to-date. What I would like to add is column that shows the total hours by code as a percent of the total hours by employee. Is this possible? If so, how do I do it? Hello. C. Adamek wrote: > I have a r...

calculate 18 monts from a date
Hi I need to calculate from une date if 18 monts has past, if is false put a "X" on if is true livet in blank (no 0 ) ex Kevin start on 06 mai 2007 still no 18 monts = "X" Tony start on 03 fev 2007 hi pas 18 monts = " " tanks Hi =IF(DATEDIF(A11,TODAY(),"m")<18,"X","") -- Regards Roger Govier "Centauro" <Centauro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4DCE151-3C31-4975-85D9-0B49AC8742D6@microsoft.com... > Hi I need to calculate from une date if 18 monts has past, if is false put > a >...

Find & Replace formating
Any suggestions? Problem with Find & Replace and formating. Sally tried to do a find and replace with the following: find "US", replace with "United States." Instead of replacing it as she has indicated, it replaced it with UNITED STATES. When she undid this and tried to do it again, she looked at the more specific find/replace options (where you can search for a certain format)--in that section, all of the format boxes under "effects" were checked. (I'm not ever sure how that is possible. Superscript AND subscript?) She unchecked them, ran the find rep...

days to date
Howdy All, I have an expiration date in cell c1. example 03/13/2007 I want to have 'days until expiration' in cell b1. What formula will do this for me? Thanks, Brian Hi Brian =C1-TODAY() Format as General -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Brian" <treddderx@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eLL4pZ8sFHA.3452@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Howdy All, > > I have an expiration date in cell c1. example 03/13/2007 > I want to have 'days until expiration' in cell b1. > > What formula will do this for me? > > Thanks, > ...

Excel Cell Formatting question
I am using MS Excel 2003 SP1. I would like to have negative numbers display as red and in brackets ) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks To -- Tom Bradstree ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Bradstreet's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1578 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27296 Select the range you want to format and go to the Format menu, selec Cells. Then select the Number tab and select your number of decima places and the format for negative numbers ...

Reporting IRA distributions
I have an IRA account with corresponding cash account. I am trying to get the distribution from the IRA to show up as "Retirement Income" in the Tax-Related Transactions report. How to do it? The distributions are handled as a transfer from the IRA Investment cash acct to a checking account. Thanks for any help. Money 99, BTW. Do I need to upgrade to a later version? ...

Counting rage of dates in column
I am attempting to create a formula that will count the number of specifc dates in a column. There may be 20 rows but within that row there may be 10 dates that I actually need to know count of. How do I create that formula? Thank You LLegg@ford.Com Take a look in functions. There´s a function called Countif to count the number of occurs in a range. Countif(A1:A10;"12-04-2003") ...

PivotTable:cell formating
Hi, All! How can I tell to Excel EP PivotTable get cell's format from OLAP-cube? -- - wbr Andrey Savchenko ...

Definite HQ Time Clock Report?
Hi, Has anyone got a custom HQ time clock report? I'm having trouble customising the existing reports- the calculation to work out the difference between time punched in and timed punched out is throwing out odd figures! We're using 24 hour clock. If I had time, I'm sure I'd figure it out eventually, but hoping one of you good folks might be able to save me the trouble. Thanks a million. Tara ...

Word 2007: Create a referenced date control with a default date
I am trying to do the following for a client: A template for a letter has a locked (grouped, but not protected) section on the first page containing content controls for name, address and date. On the following pages there is a header with REF fields referencing bookmarks around the content controls on the first page. This works fine for copying the data to the header. Now I want a default date in the date control on the first page, so I add a CREATEDDATE field inside the control. This gets filled in automatically when the document is generated, and the user can change the d...

How do I format a chart in Excel, but not the rest of the info?
I am trying to format a chart in excel, but I have some other information in the document that I do not want formatted the same way. How can I apply special formatting to one part of the document, but not the other. Specifically, I would like to adjust the width of columns for some of the document, but not for the other part of the document. Thanks Column width and row height are properties of the column and row and cannot be changed for sections of a sheet. Can you employ the "center across selection" formatting found in Format>Cells>Alignment>Horizontal? The only...

Conditional formating 02-23-10
I wonder if anyone can help me please I'm trying to set up conditional formatting for a cell based on data in range of cells for example: cell D9 should turn red if E9:Q9 contains letter a I have been trying using find but no luck so far. thanks -- Afia Use the option FORMULA IS in Conditional Formatting and enter the formula =COUNTIF(E9:Q9,"a") "Afia" wrote: > I wonder if anyone can help me please > > I'm trying to set up conditional formatting for a cell based on data in > range of cells > > for example: cell D9 sh...

Creating a Date Range in a Query & Report
I've been requested to create a report with a date range. I've created a query from two tables that have a "Start Date" & a "Completion Date" record. For example, what expression/operator/criteria would one suggest to accomplish creating a "Date Range" in a report of the number of a product that was installed over a period of time using these two records? Thanks. R. Sebastian So you want to see all the records where the item was completed between two dates? Just put criteria under the completion date of... Between [Enter Start Date] and [En...

How do I format the date in a footer to display the month in lett.
In Microsoft Excel, Is it possible to diplay the &[DATE] in a footer alphabetically instead of a numerical value for example, January 1, 2005 instead of 01/01/2005? On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 16:53:03 -0800, "RBono" <RBono@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Microsoft Excel, Is it possible to diplay the &[DATE] in a footer >alphabetically instead of a numerical value for example, January 1, 2005 >instead of 01/01/2005? Check the response from your previous posting which you made four minutes before this one. It was answered after about 12 minutes. --ron ...

Schedule for the next release? CRM 2005 Date? Official?
I came across a tangential post that said the RTM date for CRM 2005 (or CRM 2.0 or whatever it will be called) is October 2005. I would like to see this post produce a trustworthy timeframe. If you have any clear timeframes from Microsoft, please share. (MBS Sales Support just replied to me saying, "Currently it is scheduled for release Calendar Q4 2005" but I want to see what else you all have heard.) That is about as official as it gets. I have heard the target of October which would mean GA sometime in december or January. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------...

Excel error
I have a workbook that is created from a macro. When I open up the newly created wb for the first time (and each time after that), Excel gives me the msg: "Excel encountered an error and had to remove some formatting to avoid corrupting the workbook. Please re- check your formatting carefully." But it doesn't appear that any formatting was removed. The newly created workbook has 2 charts, some defined names, and 4 worksheets, but very little cell formatting. Any insight into this error would be great. My search throught the Microsoft KB turned up nothing. TIA Jason Wind...

month & year format in two digits
Hi folks.... is this possible in excel that if I just type MM/YY without this "/" and it appears as MM/YY. For example if I type 0805 in the cell it should appears as 08/05 once entered. Help will be appreciated. Thanks Morphyus -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-excel/200508/1 http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Morphyus C via OfficeKB.com" <forum@OfficeKB.com> wrote in message news:5264F31820670@OfficeKB.com... > Hi folks.... > is this possible i...

Comparing a formated result with a harcoded value
Hello. I have a cell containing the numeric value. I use cell formatting to present the numeric value as which month it is. The formats value is "april" In another cell I have the hardcoded text value "april". How do I compare these two cells and find out if they are the same? /Anders -- a94andwi ------------------------------------------------------------------------ a94andwi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21077 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=532567 One way: Assume A1 is the cell...

Reports Missing
The Default P&L and Balance sheet reports are missing from my reports list. I might have done something silly to have removed them. Is there anyway to get them back? ...