custom paper size problem

I have to create a custom envelope size for a client. I know how to do it
via the windows printers dialogs. That's no biggie. But when I distribute
the client mdb out to his workstations, do I need to (or have him do it)
create the same one on each workstation or is there code I can write in ms
access (2k) that can create a new printer form (I've searched and cannot
find anything)? I can see that if we have to do this manually it's going to
be a problem every time they set up a new machine.

Thanks,

Keith

0
Keith

Never mind. As I work on this part of this project I'm realizing that this
is far more complex that I thought due to varying printer drivers and OS
setups. I didn't realize that this issue was so very printer
make/model/driver dependent.

Keith

"Keith G Hicks" <krh@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I have to create a custom envelope size for a client. I know how to do it
> via the windows printers dialogs. That's no biggie. But when I distribute
> the client mdb out to his workstations, do I need to (or have him do it)
> create the same one on each workstation or is there code I can write in ms
> access (2k) that can create a new printer form (I've searched and cannot
> find anything)? I can see that if we have to do this manually it's going
> be a problem every time they set up a new machine.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Keith

0
Keith

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

Maximum practical Outlook 2003 .pst file size
Pre 2003, there was a 2GB pst/ost file size limit. 2003 and beyond have supposedly expanded that maximum .pst file size to 20GB ( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832925 ). Can anyone give me their experiences with large .pst files in the wild? I've got a user with 10GBs of mail spread over about 7 .pst files. One of the .pst files is over 2GB and could potentially be pushed up to 4GB in the near future. The user reports that Outlook will occasionaly perform slowly and even freeze copmletely. I suspect that it's caused (or at least exacerbated) by the .pst files being fragmented all ov...

Custom toolbar and macros

Listbox problem
I have the following code setup. My form has 5 listboxes on them named LB1 thru LB5. All listboxes are single select. The code simply captures which listbox has been clicked (onClick event) then it does some stuff (not included in following code) and finally deselects the entry in the listbox. It's giving me fits. It will not deselect the entry. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? thanks Dim ctlCurrentControl As Control Dim strControlName As String Dim intCurrentRow As Integer Dim tmp_selected As Integer Set ctlCurrentControl = Screen.Ac...

Problem with controls overlapping a child window
Hi I have a CDialog window with some controls, I have another CDialog (with with WS_CHILD attribute). When I show the child window (embedded in the parent), the parents controls that should be hidden beneath the child window are still shown. I have tried setting "Clip Children" and "Clip Siblings" as well as "Control" attributes (in the resource editor for the dialog templates) but I can't seem to get it rigth. Calling SetWindowPos with CWnd::wndTopMost on the child window doesn't work either. I could ofcourse just hide all the controls in the parent wi...

toolbar customization

Problems connecting after changing a username
I'm having an issue with a user account. On our Exchange server we have POP3 server running. I set up an user account and tested the settings for the POP3 account. Everything tested fine. I was informed by HR that there was a misspelling in the user's name, so I corrected it, but now when I try to connect to the POP3 server I get an error that says the username, password or e-mail address is incorrect. I can't help but feel this is related to the username change, but I'm not sure how to correct it. Can anyone help? -Michael Kun ...

RUS problem #2
Hi, I've got a problem with creating multiple distribution lists at once. I create the lists using "Users and Computers" and start mailenabling them using the exchange assistant. After mailenabling I start RUS to provide eMail addresses to them. Further on I start the OAL generator to publish them to the organization. Everything works without any failure. When I open the new created distr. lists using the address book of Outlook and open the properties of the lists I was wondering. Although all settings in AD are correct all distribution lists have got the same conent in ...

weird CFileDialog / GetOpenFileName problem
I'm having two weird problems with CFileDialog and/or GetOpenFileName that QA is on my back to fix :). 1) Bring up a normal CFileDialog or GetOpenFileName dialog on Windows XP. Go to the filename field and leave it blank. Hold down the enter key and you will see the "Look in" label, the "Look in" combobox, the "File name" label, the "Files of type" label, the "File name" combo box, and the "Open" button all flash like crazy ** I found a fix for this bug, just reporting it ** 2) Bring up a normal CFileDialog or GetOpenFileName ...

Excel Variable Save Name problem
I have written a program for work that is basically a daily cash u spreadsheet, however I would like to save each days report as a backup Ideally I would like to save the worksheet as that days date by us of a command button/macro to reduce the chance of user erro( ie savin under wrong name) The date is on the worksheet, but I can't figure ou a way to use a range as a save name. I would really appreciate some help with this problem. Cheer -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Lippa73 One way to save a copy in C:\ with a date/time stamp Sub test() Dim strdate As ...

Size of the drowpdow list of a combo box
Below is my attempt at creating a combo box. The item is correctly displayed, but the dropdown list has a size of zero. How can I change this so I can see the options? Thanks for your help. Miguel HWND hWnd = GetSafeHwnd(); CWnd *dialog = CWnd::FromHandle(hWnd); RECT ctlRect; ctlRect.left = 130; ctlRect.top = 50; ctlRect.right = 220; ctlRect.bottom = 80; outputVolumeCB = new CComboBox(); ret = outputVolumeCB->Create(WS_VSCROLL|CBS_DROPDOWN|CBS_DISABLENOSCROLL|CBS_HASST RINGS,ctlRect,dialog,102); outputVolumeCB->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); outputVolumeCB->AddString(&qu...

Customize Does not WOrk

MS Money 2002 sign-in problem
All of the sudden I seem to have trouble signing into my Microsoft Money 2002 account. When I fire up the program and enter my password I get this message: “Money is unable to verify your Online sign-in….” I have a Windows XP Pentium 4 computer with no recent changes. Here is what I have tried so far with no success: 1. Verified that I can get into my msn.com account; that my password works, etc. 2. Did a system restore on my PC back to when I last successfully got into Money 3. Registered the Msxml3.dll file 4. Did both a “level 1 and level 2 standard repair” of my Money file Any a...

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

Odd question re: workbook file sizes.
I've been tracking the performance of two IRA accounts for almost a year now. The number of stocks is almost identical in each account. I created a set of Excel workbooks for each account: Acct 1-Q1 and 2. and Acct 2-Q1 and 2. are complete. They have the same number of pages and are the same approximate size in kb. I'm still adding to the next two workbooks Acct 1-Q3 and 4 and Acct 2- Q3 and 4, but again they have the same number of pages. I'm just cut and pasting into blank worksheets data from a CSV spreadsheet I download from Fidelity. I just happened to notice the size ...

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

Outlook 2002 Problem #5
When I paste text to the body of a email message using Outlook 2002, Windows XP laptop, I get: Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. Error Signature: AppName:outlook.exe AppVer: 10.0.4024.0 ModName: mshtml.dll ModVer: 6.0.2800.1141 ...

Outlook E-Mail Encryption Problem
Outlook (2002) refuses to encrypt an e-mail message to a client who uses Lotus Notes R5 in Win 2000, even though in the client's Internet Explorer: Tools/Internet Options/Content/Certificates dialog, both her certificate (on the Personal Tab) and our certificate (on the Other People Tab) are present and have the correct serial numbers. On our system, Outlook will send her messages "signed" but will not allow encryption. (We have exchanged keys with her and are using her public key in Outlook). Something in Outlook is preventing encryption ... does anybody know what that might ...

Customer Report

Outlook/Exchange problem #2
Two users out of about 60 having problems accessing their mailbox using Outlook. One of the users had their mailbox moved from one store to another on the same server, the other user had no changes made. They can both access their Inbox, but not any of the subfolders, or Deleted, Sent, Contacts, Calendar, etc. OWA seems to work fine for both users in all folders. I already tried recreating the mail profile, didn't help. Also tried accessing the mailbox from another client, same problem. One of two things happen... Either Outlook shuts down generating the following: Event 1000 - Fau...

change local customer to global customer
I am trying to change the local customers that i have in my store database to global customers in hq I ran this querie in store administrator UPDATE Customer SET GlobalCustomer = 1 Then ran worksheet 401 in hq, but the customers did not update, then worksheet 350. Can someone help? Had the same issue ... this worked for me - need to set globalcustomer = 1; need to set lastupdated = getdate(*); need to set storeid = 'xxxx' (whatever is appropriate for you). Go into SO Manager and configure ENABLE GLOBAL CUSTOMERS and NEW CUSTOMERS DEFAULT AS GLOBAL. Need to run 401 TWICE (once...