Custom Grouping - 112195

I have a table with dates and expenses.  Billing cycle starts on on the 24th
of each month, and I need to divide the month into four parts (approx).  I
want there to be a header for the week starting date, followed by seven days.
 Therefore, the week may start on Wed, 24-Feb and end on Tues, 3-Mar.  For
example, I want the report to appear like:

Week Starting               Date                Expense

24-Feb

                                  24-Feb              $10
                                  25-Feb              $15
                                  26-Feb              $8
                                  27-Feb              $23
                                  28-Feb              $50
                                   1-Mar               $3
                                   2-Mar               $13

                                Week Total         $XXXX

3-Mar

                                  3-Mar               $30
                                  etc.  etc..
                                 Week Total       $XXX

I was able to make custom grouping equal to 7 days, but the Access makes the
week start on Sunday.  Is there any way I can tell Access to group the days
together the way I want?  I know this seems confusing and appreciate any help
than anyone can provide.  Thanks!

I expect you have a date field which you can simply add or subtract a number
of days. Your Sorting and Grouping Field/Expression might look like:
  =[ExpenseDate]+3

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"*Glen*" wrote:

> I have a table with dates and expenses.  Billing cycle starts on on the 24th
> of each month, and I need to divide the month into four parts (approx).  I
> want there to be a header for the week starting date, followed by seven days.
>  Therefore, the week may start on Wed, 24-Feb and end on Tues, 3-Mar.  For
> example, I want the report to appear like:
>
> Week Starting               Date                Expense
>
> 24-Feb
>
>                                   24-Feb              $10
>                                   25-Feb              $15
>                                   26-Feb              $8
>                                   27-Feb              $23
>                                   28-Feb              $50
>                                    1-Mar               $3
>                                    2-Mar               $13
>
>                                 Week Total         $XXXX
>
> 3-Mar
>
>                                   3-Mar               $30
>                                   etc.  etc..
>                                  Week Total       $XXX
>

> I was able to make custom grouping equal to 7 days, but the Access makes the
> week start on Sunday.  Is there any way I can tell Access to group the days
> together the way I want?  I know this seems confusing and appreciate any help
> than anyone can provide.  Thanks!

Domain Group policy does not work on W7 64 bits
Hi! I have defined logon message via domain group policy (win2008 level domain.) Now i do not need that message any more so I defined that policy as "Not defined". It workéd fine with W7 32 bits( no logon message any more) but not with W7 64 bits. What could be the problem with 64 bit version of W7 and group policy and how to solve it? I am not going to raise domain level as 2008r2 soon. Best Regards, Esa Haajanen Hello Esa, Are the 64bit machines in the same OU, which setting does it show with rsop.msc? Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer:...

group box line color
Anyone knows whether or not it is possible to change the line color (or remove the line) of the group box (the one on the Forms toolbar, not the Toolbox one) Cheers, Patrick You can hide the lines using some VBA: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim GB As GroupBox For Each GB In ActiveSheet.GroupBoxes GB.Visible = False 'true Next GB End Sub If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm Patrick wrote: > > Anyone knows whether or not it is possible to change the line col...

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

Custom toolbar and macros

toolbar customization

Yahoo Groups
I want to make a group mechanism like in Yahoo Groups. Is there anyway to make a group like this in Exchange 2003? Thanks. On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 01:06:02 -0700, Volki <Volki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to make a group mechanism like in Yahoo Groups. Is there anyway to >make a group like this in Exchange 2003? Thanks. Exchange isn't the tool you want for "Group" type collaboration. ...

Customize Does not WOrk

Grouping in a Report
The group footer on my report is not showing the text boxes I have in there. The visible property is set to 'yes'. -- Rugiem Is the section displaying? Are there values in the text box? Are you sure this is a group footer and not the page footer? What happens if you change the background color of the section to yellow? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Rugiem" wrote: > The group footer on my report is not showing the text boxes I have in there. > The visible property is set to 'yes'. > -- > Rugiem ...

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

Assign Tasks to a Group?
Is there a way to assign tasks to a group of users as opposed to just one user? Thanks, Sinead. -- Sinead O''''Shaughnessy Afraid not "Sinead" wrote: > Is there a way to assign tasks to a group of users as opposed to just one user? > > Thanks, > Sinead. > -- > Sinead O''''Shaughnessy Hi Sinead, It is not possible to assign task to multiple users. One possibility is to share the task with a team(group of users). Please do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not. -- take care, uMar Khan imumar@gmail.com &q...

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

Customer Report

How can I unlock the grouping in Excel while locking cells?
When protecting a worksheet I would like to expand and contract groups while select cells are protected ...

change local customer to global customer
I am trying to change the local customers that i have in my store database to global customers in hq I ran this querie in store administrator UPDATE Customer SET GlobalCustomer = 1 Then ran worksheet 401 in hq, but the customers did not update, then worksheet 350. Can someone help? Had the same issue ... this worked for me - need to set globalcustomer = 1; need to set lastupdated = getdate(*); need to set storeid = 'xxxx' (whatever is appropriate for you). Go into SO Manager and configure ENABLE GLOBAL CUSTOMERS and NEW CUSTOMERS DEFAULT AS GLOBAL. Need to run 401 TWICE (once...

GPS Customization Query

Custom X-axis

How to customize column width in Ressource Usage report ?
Hi, When printing the Workload, Ressource Usage report, some of the durations are stated as #####.##. I tried to make the font smaller but it did'ent help. How do I make the report readable? I am using MS Project 2007 SP2. Br Bertrand If you goto Reports, Custom you can see all of the built-in reports and you can see what they are made of and you will see that they use a filter and a table (and other settings and stuff). The column width of each field is a property of the table. Find the report that you are interested in, then find the table that it uses, then e...

customize public folder
Hi, I have exchange server 2003, on a windows 2003 server environment. 1) I want to remove or hide the "favorites" folder under the public folder tree? 2) May I not to use the existing public folder tree structure? Public folder --> All Public folders --> (Company contacts) Public folder --> (Company contacts) Thanks, On Tue, 30 May 2006 15:32:25 +0800, "Classmate" <NoEmailAddress@abc.com.hk> wrote: >Hi, > > > > I have exchange server 2003, on a windows 2003 server environment. > > > >1)...

Custom ActiveX control fails on release build
Some time ago I created simple custom control (.ocx) using Visual Basic 6. Recently I decided to also use my control in VC++ apps. VB: Using the ActiveX Control Interface Wizard and the Property Page Wizard I added the appropriate handlers and a simple property page to change the appearance, border, colors, and fonts. Nothing special there. VC: The control was installed and registered on the test machine through the installer and is located in the system folder. On the development machine the application runs fine and the new control works great. On the test machine the dialog box fail...

Custom colors
I hope someone can help me out on this one please! I mixed a few new colors using RGB that I want applied to certain cells on a spreadsheet that will be shared among many users. The problem is, I noticed that setting RGB only changes the color pallette and if the user resets or changes their color pallette, then my colors are all reset on the spreadsheet (and they look bad!). Apparently its all linked by the color index? i.e. If the user changes their color index, that change updates the spreadsheet color. Is there is foolproof (or at least better) way of applying custom shading t...

auto fill in customer when contact selected
Hello, I hope Bertil reads this :) or someone with the same knowledge :) In a case when a user selects a contact is it possible to auto fill in the customer related to the contact?? Any help mucho appreciated. You can do this using javascript. onchange function of the field. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Ian" wrote: > Hello, > > I hope Bertil reads this :) or someone with the same knowledge :) > > In a case when a user selects a contact...