Crosstab Graph Report not showing Parameters in text box

I have a report using a crosstab query in a graph.  The query is asking for
parameters.  When I try to pass the parameters to a text box on the graph
they will not pass through.  I am building it in text box in an expression.
Any suggestions?

I would expec the parameters to come from controls on a form. You should be
able to add text boxes to the report near the graph with control sources like:
=Forms!frmParameters!txtStartDate
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

NOTE: These public News Groups are ending June 1st. Consider asking
questions at http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/addbuz/threads?

"Alaska1" wrote:

> I have a report using a crosstab query in a graph.  The query is asking for
> parameters.  When I try to pass the parameters to a text box on the graph
> they will not pass through.  I am building it in text box in an expression.
> Any suggestions?
The data is actually in table and in the query.  I do not have that data
displaying on the form.  Only in the table and the query.

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> I would expec the parameters to come from controls on a form. You should be
> able to add text boxes to the report near the graph with control sources like:
> =Forms!frmParameters!txtStartDate
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>
> NOTE: These public News Groups are ending June 1st. Consider asking
> questions at http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/addbuz/threads?
>

> "Alaska1" wrote:
>
> > I have a report using a crosstab query in a graph.  The query is asking for
> > parameters.  When I try to pass the parameters to a text box on the graph
> > they will not pass through.  I am building it in text box in an expression.
> > Any suggestions?
If your criteria values are stored in a table, you can either use the table
in the record source of a report/subreport or use DLookup() or use code.

--

"Alaska1" wrote:

> The data is actually in table and in the query.  I do not have that data
> displaying on the form.  Only in the table and the query.
>
> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>
> > I would expec the parameters to come from controls on a form. You should be
> > able to add text boxes to the report near the graph with control sources like:
> > =Forms!frmParameters!txtStartDate
> > --
> > Duane Hookom
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> >
> > NOTE: These public News Groups are ending June 1st. Consider asking
> > questions at http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/addbuz/threads?
> >

> > "Alaska1" wrote:
> >
> > > I have a report using a crosstab query in a graph.  The query is asking for
> > > parameters.  When I try to pass the parameters to a text box on the graph
> > > they will not pass through.  I am building it in text box in an expression.
> > > Any suggestions?

VBA
A number of years ago, I modified my Project Accounting; Project Maintenance card using Modifier/Visual Basic. I added about 30 fields to the card (including the “Project Location” field) and stored the data using DUOS. This has worked fine for us ever since the card was modified. Now, I am trying to figure out how to use Modifier/Visual Basic in programming a report (invoice). The modified report (invoice) without VB works fine. I only need one of the 30 fields I added in the Project Maintenance card – that being the “Project Location” – and I would like to pull it from table SY9...

show duplicates of 2 tables
Hi, I have 2 table which have identical fields and I wish to create a table from the duplicates found. The wizard does the opposite it takes out the duplicates. How do I go about it? Cheers -- Paul Wilson On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 15:37:00 -0800, Paul Wilson <PaulWilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have 2 table which have identical fields and I wish to create a table from >the duplicates found. The wizard does the opposite it takes out the >duplicates. > >How do I go about it? > >Cheers Create a Query joining the tables on *all* the fields w...

Arrow character showing up with some cross-references
A number of documents that we have been working on lately have an arrow character (we think it's Unicode character 21B1, Upwards Arrow With Tip Rightwards) immediately to the left of _some_ of the cross-references. Picture the grey shading that indicates the cross-reference; the arrow shows up smack dab on the left side of the grey shading. The problem is that it only shows up (on screen and when printed) when we view/print the document within Documentum. The same Word file on my desktop appears to have no such arrow and no arrow is printed when I print from the desktop. A PD...

Not-trivial reports
Hi everybody, regarding the use of Access reports: is it possible to represent the retrieved records in the form of a table (cells with borders)? (And without separations between records, that is, all the records in the same table). Another question: what is, in your opinion, the best way of inserting text from a word document in a report? I would like to include automatically a few pages of a word document before the data obtained from a report. Thanks in advance, Sergio I don't know about including a portion of a Word document but you can display the borders of your text boxes and...

Selective Printing in SOP Reports
Well our 'Partners' haven't been too helpful on this one so I will just throw it out there in the hope someone is more clever with Report Writer than us or them. Our issue is the printing of 'Kits' on the SOP reports. We would like to be able to selectively print Kit component items. Using a User-defined field on the item card we would set it as 'print' or 'no print'. Based then on the value of that field, or any other 'flag' one might use, when a sub-item (i believe that is the correct term for a Kit component) is encountered it would be p...

How do I compile a graph from a large number of data ?

CRM 3.0
Hello again, I'm trying to get to grips with the Sales Pipeline report - but I'm not doing so well :-( When I run the report, I want to first see the pipeline by Sales Stage. I have created a sales process workflow with various stages and probabilities and the sales team are using it when creating and managing their opportunities. But when I run the pipeline report I cannot select the sales process (none is the only option available) and therefore cannot see the report by sales stage. If anyone can help me figure this out, i'd really appreciate it. Best wishes, Sinead....

Automating an Expense Report
I have an expense report designed in Excel and would like to make the data entry a little easier. The Data/Forms menu process is not a viable tool in this instance. Is there a way that I can build my forms using VBA, or incorporating my workbook into a process written in VBA? Thanks and enjoy the blessings of the day. jerry Gerald try John Walkenbach's Enhanced Data Form: http://www.j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm Regards Trevor "Gerald Evans" <gerald.j.evans@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:tiOjd.865034$Gx4.65638@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... &g...

New User: Scudder 401k not showing amounts
Hi. I am trying to check out Money Plus demo, the version currently on MS's website. Trying to transition over from Quicken because of all the constant errors. Anyway... I have my company 401k account through scudder ( www.mykplan.com ) and it access the account and downloads the various investments and shares owned, but the dollars are at zero for everything. Unless I manually input the last price and market value, it does not update or change. Is this normal or am I missing a setting somewhere? QUicken was opposite. It would update the share prices, but not the shares owned,...

Excel: plot graph
Hi, I would like to plot a graph (its a stress vs strain curve) based on the following values: y axis x axis 0.00 0 56.96 0.001003937 117.35 0.002007874 179.52 0.002992126 236.25 0.003996063 267.33 0.005 298.42 0.01 320.95 0.02 348.15 0.04 359.03 0.06 367.58 0.08 369.13 0.1 358.25 0.12 348.15 0.135 331.05 0.15 282.87 0.165 but it seems that if i select line graph, 2 graphs will appear (1 based on the 16 values of x and the other 16 on y). Please advise. Thanks. Hi, Use the xy-scatter chart type instead of Line chart. Also if possible swap the columns used for the x and y values...

X-Y Graph with Months, Not Date on Axis
I have a data set with dates in column A and values in column B. I have this plotted as an X-Y graph. I can change the major units on the X (date) axis, but only by integers. I would like for it to display months, rather than equally spaced dates. The closest I can do, is to use 30 days for the major unit on the X-axis. Is it possible to have each month displayed rather than specific date in 30 day increments? Bill Hi, Try the following approach; I think that it would work. If the lowest date in your data is not on the first of a month, create a dummy date which is the first of the low...

Cannot open reports in MsAccess 2003.
Cannot open reports in MsAccess 2003. This is 1 computer in 20 that's giving me this problem. I'm thinking it could be some configuration on the msaccess level on that computer. I have tried to assign a specific printer to the reports but still cannot open it. ( in fact i cannot even assign a printer ) Tried changing the Printer driver , but no go. Tried changing to another installed printer - same thing. Because of this problem - this particular workstation cannot print any kind of report. Any help would be deeply appreciated sounds like printer driver I know you've ...

Convert email from HTML to plain text
Having for some reason messed about with my Outlook 2003 options for some strange reason I have created a very annoying problem for myself. When replying/forwarding HTML emails and I elect to convert from HTML to plain text the font of the resulting email is no longer that which I have set in Options > Mail Format > Fonts (whereas previously it was). Actually, the reason I was fiddling about with Options is that I had just installed AVG v7.0 and it had stuffed up one of my Outlook plug-ins (Getting Things Done); after fixing this I think that was when I noticed the problem with t...

Files will not show in FTP server
I can't seem to get my web site published. I have a host but when I try to save to upload on my FTP it acts as if the files are being downloaded but they do not show up so I can upload to the server. See response in the web group. DavidF "cw44" <cw44@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85A4A281-8203-4398-A79F-014EFDE3A6AC@microsoft.com... >I can't seem to get my web site published. I have a host but when I try to > save to upload on my FTP it acts as if the files are being downloaded but > they do not show up so I can upload to the server. ...

icons on bar graphs
Hello Friends Another question for my 7th grader. Is there a way to draw a bar graph using columns of an icon. Example: a vertical stack of 5 little cars to indicate 5,000 cars in town 'A'. TIA Sam Beardsley Hi Sam, Yes you can use a picture fill and set the 'stack to scale' value. Double click the bar in order to display the format dialog box. On the patterns tab press the Fill Effects button in the area frame. Select the Picture tab and then press the Select picture button. Once you have a suitable image set the stack to scale value to 1000. Cheers Andy Sam Beard...

Help Graphing data.
I have CSV files containing 5 minute averages of a router's throughput. There are 4 fields/columns, Day, time, packets/sec in, and packets/sec out. A new file is created each day at midnight. I have no problem graphing the data for a single day. But how do I import/combine the data from several days and graph each day's packets in and packets out on their own separate line, using the Date to start a new graph line? TIA ---Example-Day1------------ "2007-09-11","00:03",97,140 "2007-09-11","00:08",108,155 "2007-09-11","00:13&...

Report automation
I have a workbook with many worksheets in it. The first page is the summary of all of the worksheets. It there a way I can pull the data from the worksheets without having to cut and paste. The worksheets are a result of a download into that worksheet for the day. The columns may not end in the same cell every time. Hi Daniell, You are in luck! You can use one of several Excel features to sumarize your data in your first sheet. You could use 'Sumproduct' formula, or Data Consolidation (goto 'Data' and select 'Consolidate', or just use a sum formula in the fo...

1.2 reports not listed
On Friday we upgraded from 1.0 to 1.2. The upgrade appeared to occur successfully. We can no longer view any list of reports (e.g. list of Account reports, Activity reports, etc. Anyone seen this? Ideas? check your crystal report services have been started. Also there are occasions where reports have dissapeared. Microsoft had a utility on version 1.0 that could republish all reports but you need to contact MBS support on CRM to get it "BPD" <bdemoe@atriosystems.com> wrote in message news:%231zOKnnwDHA.1196@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > On Friday we upgraded from 1.0 to 1....

Odd Parameter request in Crosstab
Good Morning, I read the threads about creating parameters in crosstab queries and this helped me to get it to work but the parameter box pops up when I try to save the query. Though my changes are saved, I don’t think this is normal? It happens in all views. Can anyone tell me what might be wrong? Here is my SQL: PARAMETERS [Enter Month and Year] DateTime; TRANSFORM Sum(Trans_Mstr_ODC.ODC_Cost) AS SumOfODC_Cost SELECT Trans_Mstr_ODC.TransDate, Trans_Mstr_ODC.Category, Trans_Mstr_ODC.Product, Sum(Trans_Mstr_ODC.ODC_Cost) AS [Total Of ODC_Cost] FROM Trans_Mstr_ODC WHERE...

Graphs on webpages generated from Excel do not show
Graphs on webpages that I generated through Excel's save as webpage function do not show anymore on my pc but do show on other's pcs. Does anybody know a solution ? (our company helpdesk does not). I use Office 2000 and Internet Explorer 6 SP1. ...

Show full path title in title bar?
How do you show the complete path for a file in Excell" in the Title Bar? e.g. C:\House\budget.xls instead of just budget.xls AFAIK, it can't be done, but you can add an "Address" box to either the menu bar or a tool bar, which, even though it's intended to facilitate web travel, will show the full path to the *saved* WB. Right click on the tool bar and choose"Customize". <Commands> tab, Scroll to and click on "Web" in the left window, And the "Address" box is at the top of the right window. Drag it to the menu or tool bar, where y...

rich text control in email.
Th description field in an email allows the user to indent and add bullets etc. I would very much like to use this built in functionality elsewhere (not sure why this is not an option on every description field). Does anyone know whether this is possible and if so how to do it? Thanks. Saira Saira, The ntext attribute that is available for descriptions doesn't allow any formatting, so there is no simple way to add that to an entity (account, contact, etc.) You'd have to build an asp.net page with some edit control embedded (telerik, infragistics, etc) or maybe try this Cod...

Showing drop-down on entering combo box
I'm hitting this brick wall and I hope that someone here might be able to help me get around it. I have a view on which I've placed a set of subclassed controls. All works fine. I wish to add the functionality that, when a user tabs into a combo box (with CBS_DROPDOWNLIST style), the list box drops down. To this end, I've added the code if(bDropNow && bShowDropDown && !GetDroppedState()) ShowDropDown(TRUE); to my override of the OnSetFocus() method. (bDropNow is a bool set according to whether the drop icon has been clicked, as Windows will therefore show the list ...

Report and report fields
I have a report to show different datafields. Is it possible that, if one field has no data to show or if the value is 0, the field is invisable? If yes, please be as kind as to tell me how. Thanks Klaus The field shouldn't be visible if it is null. If you want to hide it if it is zero, add code to the Format event of the detail section: If Me.somefield = 0 OR IsNull(Me.somefield) then Me.somefield.Visible = False Me.somefield_lbl.Visible = False Else Me.somefield.Visible = True Me.somefield_lbl.Visible = True End If "Amateur" <Amateur@discussions.micros...

x/y axis graph
i need to do an x/y axis graph, but my y axis must be alphabetical not numerical , how do i do that. please help ...