Cross-Tab Query Question

I have a report that uses a cross-tab query.  I had to set the column
headings in order to get the query to display in the report.

This is a report that is put out monthly and will only have details for 6
months worth of information at most.  Once created, this report will get
handed off to another person to update and distribute.

Is it possible to get the cross-tab query to display without having to
manually type the months into the ColumnHeader property?  Essentially, short
of writing code, is there a way to automate that process?

Sorry.  Figured it out from an earlier post.  Rereading a third time, it made
sense.

Thanks.

"MEAD5432" wrote:

> I have a report that uses a cross-tab query.  I had to set the column
> headings in order to get the query to display in the report.
>
> This is a report that is put out monthly and will only have details for 6
> months worth of information at most.  Once created, this report will get
> handed off to another person to update and distribute.
>
> Is it possible to get the cross-tab query to display without having to
> manually type the months into the ColumnHeader property?  Essentially, short
> of writing code, is there a way to automate that process?

Querying a dataset filled from XML file
I have a simple application that uses an XML file to store it's data. That means I don't have a seperate database. In order to read the data I created a DataSet that reads my XML file with the .ReadXml() method. 1. I want to manipulate the resulting dataset, preferably with SQL queries. But the documentation states that I need to have a data connection to do this. But if I am only using an XML file, how do I do this without a data connection? 2. When I fill the dataset I have no trouble reading the column names, but how do I read the attributes? For instance, this is a portion...

Microsoft Query rejects "nz" function in Access Query
Since MS Query can't cope with the nz() function used in Access Queries, is there any workround I can use (hopefully without rewriting all my database queries)? ...

Can a form linked to an autoLookup query update another table
I created a form that is updated with an AutoLookup query from another table once a certain linked field is filled in. Can this form be used to add a record to the source table with the updated information? When that record is saved, the record is added to the form's source table - assuming the form is bound to the source table. How does your form save the record? Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "oterosuz" <oterosuz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3608D905-8769-435E-B5E5-7B0F566AFD63@microsoft.com......

Creating Cross-Project Links
Hi 1). What is the usage of Creating Cross-Project Links ? As I understand, "Cross-project links are useful when two or more projects have only a few tasks that affect one another. For example, a milestone within a development project might trigger a task in an advertising campaign project." 2). How it is implemented in Project 2007 ? When I copied the task from the source project into my project ( target project ) using "Paste Special", the new task I created become another task in my target project. My observation is both task ( ie. task in the source...

Customer Cross Reference
2nd Request - Posted a few Months Ago, No Reply --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Has anyone out there used the Customer Part Number Cross Ref v8.0? I loaded a customer list the other day. When I entered the Customer Number on the Sales Order, it was instantly converted over to our number. Worked Great... I'm wondering if there is a way to automatically reference the original Customer Number on the Packing List and/Or Invoice or is that something that needs to be manually typed in. I tried adding notes, but I don't know if they carry down...

No "Move Mailbox" cross site migration
Hi everybody: We have a forest with subdomains, the main domain is AD 2000 and has 1 Cluster Exchange 2003 SP1, 1 Server Exchange 2003 SP1 with ADC SP1 and SRS, and 3 Exchange 5.5 in the same Exchange 5.5 site. We have 8 subdomains in AD2000 with Exchange 5.5 SP4 server with hotfix applied for cross-site in each subdomain, and they had an own site in Exchange 5.5. We are trying to consolidate and move all mailbox and public folders to the Exchange 2003 cluster, we did the domainprep in each subdomain and create a RUS in the Exchange 2003 cluster to each subdomain. When we tried to move cros...

Tab names to a list?
Is there a way to get a printout of just the names on the tabs of each worksheet in a workbook? I have one that has a ton of them and it would be just so much easier to get a printout than try to copy each name manually. Is there any way? Thanks. :oD This sub will make a list in col F Sub listshtnames() For i = 1 To Sheets.Count Cells(i, "f") = Sheets(i).Name Next i End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "StargateFanNotAtHome" <IDon'tAcceptSpam@NoJunkMail.com> wrote in message news:hh95d49s4c8egbeuanjul52c...

IF Question
New to Excel and am having trouble with a formula - I believe it would be an =IF? If cells F4 thru F11 have "N/A" in each then cell F12 (the total/Average) cell should say "N/A"; if a number is entered into any of those cells (F4 thru F11) I would like to Average those numbers in F12. Example: F4 N/A F5 N/A... F11 N/A F12 N/A (the total/Average cell) F4 84.00% F5 N/A F6 94.00% F7 N/A... F12 89.00% (the total/Average cell) Any help is greatly appreciated! -- mcouch =IF(NOT(COUNTIF(F4:F11,"<>N/A")),"N/A",AVERAGE(IF(F4:F11<>"...

Pass through query speed
I have written a pretty convoluted pass through query to a SQL Server database. A parameter is collected using a simple form that uses code to modify the query definition before running it. The first time I run the query with a revised parameter it takes about a minute to return the required data. If I then run it again without changing the parameter it takes around 3 seconds. Obviously I prefer the 3 second response time. Can anyone explain why it takes so long the first time? Is the data being cached by SQL Server or Access? Is there some kind of compilation process going on invisib...

keep tab order after protection
I used the Insert, Name, Define, OK function in EXCEL to create a tab order, which works great. However, after protecting the sheet, the tab order doesn't work. Is there anway to maintain this order and protect the worksheet. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! IF I understand you, the cells desired must be unlocked. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Rawley" <Rawley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB0D352F-031F-41F2-9E08-1B023791CEC6@microsoft.com... > I used the Insert, Name, Define, OK function in EXCEL to create a tab order,...

Automatic Calculation Question
Anyone know which registry key controls the Automatic Calculation option in Excel 2002. Thanks!! Hi John there is no registry key for this option as this is defined on workbook level. For more information you may look at the following thread http://tinyurl.com/2bz4p -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany John Johnston wrote: > Anyone know which registry key controls the Automatic Calculation > option in Excel 2002. > > Thanks!! ...

Query re Microsoft CRM-Exchange E-Mail Router
We're thinking about purchasing Microsoft CRM. Question: if an email is directed to an address that shows up in Microsoft CRM, is the email a) no longer stored on the Exchange Server but only on the SQL server pointed at by CRM b) on both c) just on the Exchange Server but incorporated from there by the CRM system. Where can I find more information or documentation on this feature of Microsoft CRM? In general product description documentation seems very weak. All inbound e-mail goes to Exchange just as it would if you didn't have the CRM Router installed. When installed and...

Outlook PST question
Hi, I have a user (Boss, actually) and he wants to take his emails home on a CD. (You know what they're like...) The setup here is this : Boss is on a XP laptop PC in the office. Mail server is Exchange, but only internal. Not accesible from outside. (We plan to add MX in May.) External mail is grabbed from the ISP by a POP mail grabber. Outlook account on PC is using cache. (I think I'm right in thinking that if he took his laptop home he would still find his mails on it. Because they're synchronised in an OST ? I think, never tried that.) The only thing I can see him doing ...

Dialog color question
HELLO EVERYBODY!!!!!!!! Hello dear reader, I would like to ask you a litle question, and I would appreciate any response, even the slightest help... Please, if you do respond, be clear on evry step that I should do to make the code work. Thank you! Here is the question: How do I change the backround color of a Dialog, by using the OnCtlColor thing? Here is what the thing looks like: HBRUSH CColorTestDlg::OnCtlColor(CDC* pDC, CWnd* pWnd, UINT nCtlColor) { HBRUSH hbr = CDialog::OnCtlColor(pDC, pWnd, nCtlColor); m_brush = CDialog::OnCtlColor(pDC, pWnd, nCtlColor); if(nCtlColor==CT...

update query with DMax?
Hi All I have to tables and in the first one I have a key (SzemelyId) and in the other table Salary: SzemelyId, Salary, Date, Active) is Szemely Id is foreign key. Each SzemelyId has one or more "Salary" and I would like to make an Update query which select every person last (max) salary and make the "Active" checkbox is TRUE. Just for the max salary. Thanks for your help Janos Remove the Active field! It sounds like it is completely dependent on the foreign key + Date field, i.e. if it were True for a record that was not the latest date, that would be an error. It th...

Cross table
Hi everybody !! i come again here with a problem i can seem to solve :s i hope someone will be able to give me a hand on this... here it is : i have a sheet with 2 rows: location and activity. several activities can be found in one location, even several of the same activities. schematic exemple location activity 1 A 1 B 2 A 3 A 3 B 3 C 4 B 4 C I would like to create something that give me as a result a sheet where we can see the spatial relations between the activities. so i would have all...

Combining an update query with a parameter query
I wanted to know how you can update data in a table using the update query and a parameter query. How did you want to run this update query? In query design, you can just put your parameter in the query. To run it programmatically, you can then use RunSQL in a macro or code. A better programmatic approach might be to build the SQL statement in code, concatenating the parameter value into the string. Then Execute the string itself: you don't need a saved query. The advantage is that you know whether it worked or not. Here's an example: Action queries: suppressing dialogs, whi...

Expression in Query 01-11-08
How to create Expr in Query Field1/Field2 if Field 2 is zero return Field1? SomeName: IIf ( [TableName]![Field2] = 0 , [TableName]![Field1] / [TableName]![Field2] , [TableName]![Field1] ) -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Ty" wrote: > How to create Expr in Query Field1/Field2 if Field 2 is zero return Field1? Maybe like this --- SomeName: IIf ( [TableName]![Field2] = 0 , [TableName]![Field1], [TableName]![Field1] / [TableName]![Field2] ) -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Wayne-I-M" wrote: > SomeName: IIf ( [TableName]![Field2] = 0 , [Tab...

modify macro to include more tabs
Hi, The macro below allows users to group/ungroup rows in a protected sheet. How do I modify this macro to either incorporate more worksheets or apply it to the entire workbook? Thanks, Charlie Sub workbook_open() With Worksheets("Sheet1") .Protect Password:="password", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True End With End Sub Try something like this, not tested Sub workbook_open() Dim wks as worksheet For each wks in Activeworkbook With wks) .Protect Password:="password", userinterfaceo...

Other symbols for delimiter other than TAB
Dear all, Hope you can assist me on this matter: How do I program the Excel so that if I save it as a text file the ! symbol (or any other symbol) is the delimiter instead of the TAB? Currently what I do is: 1. Copy all the cells and an additional blank cell after the last. 2. Paste into Wordpad. 3. Copy the TAB; run the Replace All command and replace the TAB with the symbol of my choice. Is there a way to automate so that when I save the spreadsheet into text format, it will automatically use my symbol instead of the TAB? If there is a way, can you show me how to program it? Samp...

PFmigrate Question #3
I just wanted to understand exactly how pfmigrate works. KB articles state that I use the tool to copy/replicate public and system folder data from my 5.5 server to my 2003 exch server. It then states that I should use the tool again to remove replicas from the source server. Why is it necessary to remove the source server replica? Is it okay to leave it for a time until everything tests okay, maybe a few days? Thanks in advance. -- DLove Absolutely. You definately want to replicate, wait a few days, and then remove the replica entry. -- Teo Heras "dlove106" wrote:...

Excel Table Question
I have a table of data, 3 columns Date Type Business Unit 01Jul 06 FAC NP 05 Jul 06 FAC BU5 11 Jul 06 MTC BU3 14 Aug 06 FAC BU3 16 Aug 06 MTC BU1 22 Aug 06 NWR NP 23 Aug 06 NWR NP 25 Aug 06 FAC BU1 etc. The output I want is a table for each Business Unit, as below BU1 FAC MTC NWR RWC LTC Total Jul 06 2 1 0 0 0 3 Aug 06 2 1 2 ...

IE8 dead tabs
Windows 7, 32 bit. All required updates applied. IE 8.0.7600.16385 If I right click on a link and select "open in new tab", a new tab opens but it doesn't open linked web page, "connecting" message appears only. These actions don't fix this problem : -Removed antivirus software. -Tried at safe mode with networking -Cleared Internet Options>Connections>Lan settings>Automatically detect settings -Cleared Internet Options>Advanced>Enable 3rd party browser extensions -Tried with IE8 with "no add-on" Thank you. Hi, Try the r...

SQL Server 2005: a complex query
Hi I want to read a product structure from an external table into SQL Server database. The source table structure is like: row_id parent_article child_article parent_row_no .... I.e. when there is some product with article number 1000 and it is composed from articles 1100 and 1200, then there exists 2 rows in source table: 991, 1000, 1100, 1, ... 992, 1000, 1200, 2, ... When article 1100 again is composed from 3 different articles 1110, 1120 and 1130, then there are additional 3 rows in source table: 123, 1100, 1110, 1, ... 124, 1100, 1120, 2, ... 125, 1100, 1130, ...

cross-reference
I created a cross reference in word to a section of my document that has a heading of 'Heading 3' I used Heading for the reference type and for Insert reference to I used Heading Number (Full context). I was expecting to get something like this 4.8.2 but instead I just got 0. is there some setting somewhere that needs to be tweaked? Make sure that numbering is correctly applied to your headings. If you are using Word 2007, you can choose the "1 Heading 1 1.1 Heading 2 1.1.1 Heading 3" format at Home tab | Multilevel List. If you are using Word 2003, see http://www...