Count number of records on a report page

Hi All,

My report has several grouping levels and works OK.  I am OK with creating a
text box to count the entire number of records in a report and in a group.

But I've been asked to count the number of records printed on any given
report page.  How can I do this?

I'm using version 2003.

Thanks in advance

TRY this.
Add a control to the detail line to number the detail lines
Name: txtLineCount
Control Source: =1
Running Sum: OverAll

Add a control to the page header
Name: txtPageStart
Control Source: =[txtLineCount]

Add a control to the page footer
Name: txtRecCount
Control Source: BLANK

Add the following code events
Page Header Format Event
Page Footer Format Event

'Code for the events

Option Compare Database
Option Explicit
Dim lngPageBegin As Long  'Variable to hold current page

Private Sub PageFooterSection_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As
Integer)
   Me.txtRecCount = 1 + Me.txtLineCount - lngPageBegin
End Sub

Private Sub PageHeaderSection_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As
Integer)
   lngPageBegin = Me.txtPageStart
End Sub

--
John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007

"DeDe" <DeDe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> My report has several grouping levels and works OK.  I am OK with creating
> text box to count the entire number of records in a report and in a group.
>
> But I've been asked to count the number of records printed on any given
> report page.  How can I do this?
>
> I'm using version 2003.
>
> Thanks in advance

1
John
10/3/2007 2:16:41 PM
If the detail splits over two pages it will be counted as a record on each
page.

That is if you print record 1 to 3 and part of 4 on page 1 and the remainder
of 4 on page 2 along with records 5 to 9 then you will get counts like:
Page 1: 4  (1 to 4)
Page 2: 6  (4 to 9)

--

"John Spencer" <spencer@chpdm.edu> wrote in message
> TRY this.
> Add a control to the detail line to number the detail lines
> Name: txtLineCount
> Control Source: =1
> Running Sum: OverAll
>
> Add a control to the page header
> Name: txtPageStart
> Control Source: =[txtLineCount]
>
> Add a control to the page footer
> Name: txtRecCount
> Control Source: BLANK
>
> Add the following code events
> Page Header Format Event
> Page Footer Format Event
>
> 'Code for the events
>
> Option Compare Database
> Option Explicit
> Dim lngPageBegin As Long  'Variable to hold current page
>
> Private Sub PageFooterSection_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As
> Integer)
>   Me.txtRecCount = 1 + Me.txtLineCount - lngPageBegin
> End Sub
>
> Private Sub PageHeaderSection_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As
> Integer)
>   lngPageBegin = Me.txtPageStart
> End Sub
>

> --
> John Spencer
> Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007
> Center for Health Program Development and Management
> University of Maryland Baltimore County
> .
>
> "DeDe" <DeDe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi All,
>>
>> My report has several grouping levels and works OK.  I am OK with
>> creating a
>> text box to count the entire number of records in a report and in a
>> group.
>>
>> But I've been asked to count the number of records printed on any given
>> report page.  How can I do this?
>>
>> I'm using version 2003.
>>
>> Thanks in advance

0
John

Reported corrupt backup file
I always backup at the end of each session to an internal 100MB Zip Atapi drive. I have been doing this successfully for several years, and on each reformat or reinstallation of Money (Version 2001), I have had no problems at all in rstoring the backup. I recently had to reformat my hard drive, and on trying to recover the backup rec'd the message " The file I:\............Is either corrupt or not a money file. I have tried sending other files to the disc (Excel File) and have no problem opening it from the said disc. Any suggestions, as the backup covers 8 - 9 Years of tra...

How to get a long column of numbers to wrap and print on 1 page?
I have a long column of numbers that we add to daily. This column needs to be sorted in ascending order and then printed. I don't know of a way to sort multiple columns together so that is why it is one long column. Is there a way to get it to print as multiple columns across a page so as to not have numerous pages with only 1 column on each? Thanks. take a look here: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm In article <3880FBB4-BF95-4A82-B98A-519C79BF1A34@microsoft.com>, Sue <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a long column of numbers th...

Pivot table and counting.

Cycle Counting

Report Writer Question #4
I had modifed the existing Transaction Inquiry Report by Vendor to include Totals. The out of the box report does not have grand total if you print it. The AP persons uses this report as opposed to the AP aging due to their preference of format and ease of running the report. The issue has come about where one of the transaction listed is a Void transaction and although the inquiry window is correctly listing it - but since I modified the report to give me a grand total of all transactions - by including the void in the grand total we are doubling this transaction. Therefore, I need ...

Removiing decimals from an excel number
Here is the issue: I have numbers like this one - 10000.01.01.200 I just want the prime number 10000. How can I do that? I tried Ctrl+F and replace but is there a more efficient way? Thanks! =LEFT(A1,FIND(".",A1)-1) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Data Analyst" wrote: > Here is the issue: I have numbers like this one - 10000.01.01.200 > > I just want the prime number 10000. How can I do that? I tried Ctrl+F and > replace but is there a more efficient way? > > Thanks! try this =LEFT(A1,FIND(".",A1,1)-1)...

Count

Window's verson numbers
I'm writing an app in C++ using VS.net and I need to do this based on the OS. I can get the OS version number using _osver global variable found in the include STDLIB.H. But I need a list of what version number correspond to what OS so I know what the value in _osver means. Does anyone know where I can find these definitions? Also the major and minor builds might be useful? If this is the wrong newsgroup could you direct me to the right one? Thank Lots, Neil Neil B wrote: >I'm writing an app in C++ using VS.net and I need to do this based on the OS. >I can get the OS ver...

Line count

Top 5 Most Important Reports
Hi, I was wondering ( based on ALL of your experiences) if you could share the top 5, lets say, reports that people want to see or know about from the Project Manager? And I understand that different stakeholders are going to want different things and that no one organization is the same. However, I have to guess that there have to be "Best Practice" methods for reporting project information right? Thanks for your help. -jp Earned Value Reports (includes PV, EV, AC, SPI, CPI and their variances) Critical Path & Total Slack Analysis Poor performing tasks ba...

Counting sales

Date range for a report
Hi I am trying to run a query and can't seem to nail down the right code. We use the access database to track files, incoming/outgoing correspondence dates etc. I am trying to run a query that show me files with dates in a follow up field of -60 days to +7 days, so essentially any follow ups missed in the last 2 months and up coming in the next week. This report is run on a weekly basis. Appreciate any help Thanks Assuming that the follow up field is actually a date/time data type, try this in the criteria: Between Date() - 60 and Date() + 7 -- Jerry Whittle, ...

outlook 2003 page setup
when i send e-mail they are sent as a page with the text in lines as it should be. the recipients receive them as just a long line of text. how do i correct this? -- seanpaul99 Are you sending the mail in Plain Text or HTML? "seanpaul99" <seanpaul99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1359A7FA-0605-410D-A524-FD806EFC4E9F@microsoft.com... > when i send e-mail they are sent as a page with the text in lines as it > should be. the recipients receive them as just a long line of text. how do > i > correct this? html -- seanpaul99 "Vince Aver...

COUNT ? need formula
Hi, I want to track the results of my teams sales performance. I record if it is a sale, no sale, cancelled etc in column M. I thought I'd be able to use the COUNT function/formula to be able to search for all the SALES in column M and place the result in a cell ( column O )but I can't work it out. Any ideas? Damian Hi! Try this: =COUNTIF(M1:M100,"sale") Biff "Diamond Jones" <kwanzaNOSPAM@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:43a0e897$0$17704$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > Hi, > > I want to track the results of my teams sales perf...

Z Report to not print departments with zero sales
Hello All! How do I amend a z report to not print departments if the sales are zero. We have 192 departments but only a the sales seem to fall in a small portion... Thanks. And thanks for all the help I've received...your suggestions have made this much more bearable for me! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0621_01C7AECC.0F55A160 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ZCSF, Download one from here, all the way at the bottom = http://tinyurl.com/4gdbu Must have access to CustomerSource --=20 J...

telephone number field mask
I have a field I use for telephone numbers. I would like the mask to return data like this : 111 111 1111. What is the formula for this? Any help is appreciated. Mtn244: Thanks much for assistance. I tried your mask with great success. All is good in River City. Thanks again for your help. Frank "mtn244" <mtn244@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82895481-BC0D-4FB7-A9A8-1649395C1224@microsoft.com... > Try this input mask: > !999 000 0000;0; > > "Frank" wrote: > >> I have a field I use for telephone numbers. I would lik...

Count Function
I am creating a report for the number of pupils being collected at a certain collection time e.g. 14:00hr and 15:00hrs using the formula =Count([Child Last Name]) in the collection time footer However when i try to count the overall number of pupils in the footer using the same formula, 'Error' appears on screen? Thanks There are potentially a dozen footer sections in a report. Which one is giving you a problem? What is the name of the control? What is the exact formula? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "ELo" wrote: > I am creating a r...

Counting a count
How do I count a count?? This is what im trying to do: I have a database with a table named tblMain and has incorporated everything within that table but contains info from about 8 other tables. I have not doesigned this database and it appears to have a very poor structure...anyway There are three fields involved in this process...'Request' (either 'dispensation', 'waiver' or 'dispensation and waiver'), 'Department' (which consists of 7 other drop down menu options) and 'RequestStatus' which contains the status of each request by another...

Number format / field size
I want to set a Primary key with 16 digits - 4 groups of 4 numbers with spaces between - which I can use in a calculated field to increment. I have tried every permutation I can think of, can anyone help please? Use 4 separate fields, put contraints so that none of them can exceed 9999, and concatenate them into a single field in a calculated field in a query. Use the query wherever you would otherwise have used the table. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Kitty R" <Kitty R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Count Problem
Hi I have 20 cells in a single column in a sheet called "Audits" All the cells have a formula in them. The formula is a simple one that reads whatever I put into a cell on a different worksheet called "Names" ie: =Names!A1 = Names!A2 etc etc I would like to have a formula that counts up all the results I get in the sheet called "Audits" At the moment if I enter (let say) 15 names in the "Names" sheet the result is that I see the same 15 names in the "Audits" sheet, however the COUNTA formula returns a total of 20. SO obviously...

How can I search for and display actual record numbers in Access?
I have a form that has several fields to save data in for achieve purposes. I also have a search form that pulls that data and displays it, each in an individual line. It would be ideal to be able to click on a search result and then on the main form have that record be displayed. I do not know how to do that, so I was hoping to just be able to display the record number in the search results so that you can just type it in the main form and go right to that record number. I am unable to do that either, I tried several combinations of displaying something like me.currentrecord for ...

unique or distinct count from xml
How to get a unique count from a xml <Orders> <Order ID="1111" Amount="200"></Order> <Order ID= "2222" Amount="10"></Order> <Order ID="3333" Amount="5"></Order> <Order ID="1111" Amount="20"></Order> </Orders> The result should be 3 unique count and the 4 Order Id counts. How can i get using XPathNodeIterator using Compile,Execute with a XPathNavigator thanks you bhu The XPath expression for that is count(Orders/Order[not(@ID=preceding-sibling::Or...