Converting access report to pdf format

hi

I wrote a database that, among other things, prints a variety of reports for
my clients.  Once each report is done, I run  a program called pdfWriter to
convert each report to a pdf file.  (When this program is installed, I select
the printer called pdfWriter then print the file. It doesn't actually print a
physical copy but saves the file in pdf format.)  Then I e-mail these pdf
reports to the clients.

What I'm looking for are ways that I could automate this process from Access.
Can this be done?  If so, could someone point me in the right direction.

Any clues would be greatly appreciated.  The system I use now works well,
but I'd like to combine all of these processes if I could.

Much thanks
Cinnie

--
cinnie

I'm afraid this isn't a question about Access, it's a question about your
pdfWriter software.  Can it be automated, and if so how?  For the answers to
this you will need to consult the publishers of the software (or at least
their help file or website).

I have had success doing this with a product called Win2PDF, which does
support a degree of automation.

"cinnie" <cinnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi
>
> I wrote a database that, among other things, prints a variety of reports
> for
> my clients.  Once each report is done, I run  a program called pdfWriter
> convert each report to a pdf file.  (When this program is installed, I
> select
> the printer called pdfWriter then print the file. It doesn't actually
> print a
> physical copy but saves the file in pdf format.)  Then I e-mail these pdf
> reports to the clients.
>
> What I'm looking for are ways that I could automate this process from
> Access.
> Can this be done?  If so, could someone point me in the right direction.
>
> Any clues would be greatly appreciated.  The system I use now works well,
> but I'd like to combine all of these processes if I could.
>
> Much thanks
> Cinnie
>
> --
> cinnie

0
Baz
12/30/2007 9:23:50 AM
Hello,

This would depend on whether the component you're using supports automation.
 Based on the description thus far, it sounds like it's only intended to
support manual print-to-PDF operations.  Maybe the vendor sells a separate
SDK that provides the needed automation capabilities? Most PDF software
vendors sell both end user products (e.g. requires manual interaction) and
SDKs (e.g. for full automation).

If you can't find something that works then this SDK might be worth a look:

     http://www.pdfonline.com/easypdf/sdk/index.htm

It's a commercial product but will work in conjunction with the Access
snapshot viewer to export Access reports to PDF.  Fully automatable and works
with VBA as well as VB, C#, etc.

The disclaimer here is that I work for the company that makes it so I happen
to think it's a great product. :) But it's free to try so you can decide for
yourself (and I'd be happy to help with any questions you have about it).

- Chen

"cinnie" wrote:

> hi
>
> I wrote a database that, among other things, prints a variety of reports for
> my clients.  Once each report is done, I run  a program called pdfWriter to
> convert each report to a pdf file.  (When this program is installed, I select
> the printer called pdfWriter then print the file. It doesn't actually print a
> physical copy but saves the file in pdf format.)  Then I e-mail these pdf
> reports to the clients.
>
> What I'm looking for are ways that I could automate this process from Access.
> Can this be done?  If so, could someone point me in the right direction.
>
> Any clues would be greatly appreciated.  The system I use now works well,
> but I'd like to combine all of these processes if I could.
>
> Much thanks
> Cinnie
>
> --
> cinnie

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

WriteOff Report
Is There a way to print a writeoff report or to add that field to de RM Customer Sales Summary Report. the field is not listed in the toolbox Thanks ...

CHm file format
Hello, I have seen your's reference on code project. I am new to CHM format and i need to create a CHM viewer. I have some queries regarding the same a) what is binary TOC and binary index ( I have been able to parse the HHc and HHk fie). How i should parse the same b) What are merged files. How i can read them c) How how CHI, CHw and CHQ files can be created. How reading of these files will be different form the reading CHM file. Please help me out by answering my queries. Thanks, Ritu ...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Outlook 2007 Voice Access
Hello, Exchange 2007 SP1, Outlook 2007 SP2. We disabled the functionnality of Outlook Voice Access (OVA) to play e- mail messages on the phone - and limited it only to listen to voice messages. But we just noticed that when you disable this e-mail reading feature, OVA does not tell you how many NEW voice messages you have in your mailbox (they have not been read in Outlook and are still marked as unread). You can however continue and listen to them. So for me the TUIAccessToEmailEnabled PowerShell command set to $false also prevents knowing how many NEW voice messages we have...

Help with programming Access 2003
I am doing a database of my families movie collection and I would like to have a feature like an autonumber for sorting the movies in their cases. I have the movies broken up into A(dult) and K(id) I would like to have the autonumber have either the a for adult or k for kid then the number. However I have no idea on how to achieve this....Any assistance would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance for your help On Dec 18, 7:22 pm, samurai71 <samura...@gmail.com> wrote: > I am doing a database of my families movie collection and I would like > to have a feature like an a...

Unable to access my new mails
Hi, I have been using OUTLOOK since 5 months and never had a problem, but since last week, I m unable to watch new emails. When I click send/recieve button, it shows there are lot of messages are scanning, but when its dont there is nothing in my inbox. So I think server is receiving my mails but unable to present those on screen. Please help me out, since its the only way to be in touch with my world. Give me a suggestion abt this matter. ...

Account Payable Detail report
Hola Family I will like to know if someone can help me, I need to know the path to run an Account Payable Detail report. This file should contain the lowest level of detail. Each record should include the General Ledger account number to which the transaction is being charged. I am using Dynamics GP 10 with SQL 2005. Thank you in advanced. -- LOS Hola Carlos, The GL Distribution Detail in Purchaing Posting Journal can be access via Reports>>Purchasing>>Posting Journals (GL GL Distribution Detail). When you create/modify a report options, you can use the ...

Cell Formats (like StyleSheets)

Convert Access97 to 2000

ADSL - WIFI
NETWORK: Conexant ADSL SOHO Router 4 Port Switch. DHCP=10.0.0.3 to 6, Fixed IP of 10.0.0.2 3Com WiFi 11b & 54g Fixed IP of 10.0.0.1, Currently No DHCP, No WEP, MAC Address selection SET to Users. ESSID not broadcasted. PC(1) Toshiba Satellite Pro - LAN 10/100 = IP Auto, DNS Fixed PROXY set & WiFi 54g PCMCIA (Home Only) Currently IP=10.0.0.5,DNS=10.0.0.2 PC(2) Toshiba Portege - LAN 10/100 = IP Auto, DNS Auto & Built in 11b WiFi = IP Auto, DNS Auto. Both XP Pro PCs belong to professionals set up on different Domains who only want to get wireless internet access not local network. DI...

MDE in Access 2003
My office is the process of upgrading all users to Office 2003 from Office XP. I've encountered a problem that when I've edited a database created with Access 2002, and create an MDE file, those users still in Office XP cannot open the MDE file. They receive an error that says something like "file is incorrect format." (And I have to edit all existing databases...Access 2003 shows a missing reference to web components that impedes the database from executing formulas and it gives an error message. In order to check-off the missing reference, I have to open the data...

Configure regional settings and language from access VBA
Hi all i build automation in access that updates the data base one of the problem i bumped is that if the regional setting are on other language beside english it will raise an error indicating on the characters is there an option to stablize the automation to the relevant the language that the windows use ((for example i had problem when the language in the regional language settings was on german ...

Access DAO vs ADO Recordsets
I'm trying to optimize some Access 2002 code, and I've hit a stumbling block. We use Access as our frontend, and SQL Server as our backend. Here's a code fragment from the old implementation of a search for a specific record: ================================= ' Set focus to NdvID and search API_Sleep 200 'MsgBox "DoCmd.FindRecord " & vNdvID & "," & acEntire & "," & False & ", ," & False & ", ," & True Me.txtNdvID.SetFocus DoCmd.FindRecord vNdvID, acEntire, False, , ...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

XML Note convert to DataSet

Format a concantated text string
Sorry if this is boring but I'm stuck. I have a cell that counts something, it also has a piece of text at the front of the count but I want the count to be formatted as currency and it won't. ="Major "&COUNTIF(C:C,"Major")*245 I've tried ="Major "& Format(COUNTIF(C:C,"Major")*245****) but I can't get it right and think it's a VBA command! Help please! Thanks Dean -- dkso@ntlworld.com http://www.dkso.co.uk/ http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dkso Thank you! Dean "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretisca...

Convert

In POS 2.0 Under Reports the Custom is Greyed out
Why does POS 2.0 Have a custom option under reports but not let me access it? I am logging in with owner rights and it is still greyed out. Is there someway to activate this feature? The custom option is for the custom reports that you write. "Brad D" wrote: > Why does POS 2.0 Have a custom option under reports but not let me access it? > I am logging in with owner rights and it is still greyed out. Is there > someway to activate this feature? I am needing a custom report. I guess I am needing some insite into how to write them and where to save them. "tommyv...

Outlook Locks up, A program is trying to access your email
We have started getting a popup window saying that a program is trying to access your email. We click no about 5-10 times and then outlook locks up. We have to end task to use it again. Is there a way to find out what program is trying to access my email. Or to find out what the problem is. I look forward to the solutions. I have run scanpst.exe I have update office xp to sp3 I have run spybot, adware I have rud live update (norton) I have a pocket pc but do not sync email on that computer and it happens when it is not connected. Thanks Rafael See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/...

How to access vrge file
I work at a law firm and need to review a number of vrge files. Are vrge file individual email files or are they the equivalent of a pst file which is a collection of emails, calendar, contacts, etc? We don't use Macs so we need the ability to view on a PC if possible. If that is NOT possible we can borrow a Mac. What is the best way to be able to view these vrge files on any platform? Thanks, Tom On 2/12/10 8:35 AM, in article FF3C8F86-C268-4129-96D3-693FD6F511CB@microsoft.com, "SoxFaninVA" <tjubb@hot.mail.spam.com> wrote: > I work at a law f...