Control Source for text box on a report

I have a table with only 2 fields. One is the name of Department and the
other is the total number of positions in that department. On my report I
have a label for every department. Next to that label I have a text box that
counts every record on my report for each department. Next to that I want to
add another text box that contains the corresponding number in the table for
that department. How can I easily do this?

Thank You,

CEV

0
CEV

I forgot to mention that I would also like to add yet another text box that
adds the total of all the other text boxes that contain the total number of
positions for each department. I should mention that these are all in the
footer of my report.

Thanks,

CEV

"CEV" <chadv@advancebkg.com> wrote in message
>I have a table with only 2 fields. One is the name of Department and the
>other is the total number of positions in that department. On my report I
>have a label for every department. Next to that label I have a text box
>that counts every record on my report for each department. Next to that I
>want to add another text box that contains the corresponding number in the
>table for that department. How can I easily do this?
>
> Thank You,
>
> CEV

0
CEV
5/4/2007 9:57:39 PM
Hi CEV,
This is a quick note to let you know that we are performing research on
this issue. We will let you know the result as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Charles Wang
Microsoft Online Community Support
ications

If you are using Outlook Express, please make sure you clear the check box
"Tools/Options/Read: Get 300 headers at a time" to see your reply promptly.

from this issue.

changliw
5/7/2007 6:46:41 AM
Hello CEV,

I would like to get the mdb file from you so that I could get all the
information and could provide further assistance.

You could zip the file and send to me. Please remove the ONLINE in my
display email address to reach me.

Sincerely,

Wei Lu
Microsoft Online Community Support

weilu
5/8/2007 7:51:25 AM
Hi ,

How is everything going? Please feel free to let me know if you need any
assistance.

Sincerely,

Wei Lu
Microsoft Online Community Support

weilu

bound control or inbound control
Hi Katherine, There are differences between using bound versus unbound controls. Where on the form do you want to use an unbound control? Jeanette Cunningham "Katherine" <Katherine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23BBC192-0A74-4B9F-9513-5E5923A76658@microsoft.com... > ...

why won't word 2007 release control of a .rtf file after exiting w
I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH ACCESS TO RICH TEXT FILES BY PROGRAMS OTHER THAN WORD------ AFTER THE FILE OPEN IN WORD IS CLOSED AND EVEN AFTER WORD HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN (EXITED) ---------- I GET THE ERROR MESSAGE THAT THE FILE IS "IN USE" BY WORD WHEN (FOR EXAMPLE) AN ATTEMPT IS MADE TO DELETE IT ---- SOMETIMES WHEN RE-OPENING THE FILE AFTER RE-STARTING WORD THE FILE CANNOT BE SAVED BECAUSE IT IS IN "READ ONLY" MODE ------- AFTER MUCH FIDDLING AROUND I FINALLY MANAGED TO DELETE THE PROBLEM FILE ONLY TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM RETURN WITH A DIFFERNT FILE ----- WORD 200...

Use the Windows task scheduler to run a report
I need to use the Windows task scheduler to run a report, I can see how to do this if the access file is closed. What if the file is currently open ? regards Trevor -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com please do not post the same message in multiple newsgroups at different times, thank you this is posted and answered in: microsoft.public.access.gettingstarted Warm Regards, Crystal remote programming and training http://MSAccessGurus.com free video tutorials http://www.YouTube.com/user/LearnAccessByCrystal Access Basics http://www.AccessMVP.com/st...

Paste as Text option is missing...help
I am using Excel 2000 (9.0.6926 SP-3) and I can't find the "Paste as Text" option to save my life. It's been a while since I have tried to use the option, but it should be under "paste special" correct? Anyone? Look under PasteSpecial and click the Value option. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ron" <ron_mase@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:49ff3227.0407210724.12756611@posting.google.com... > I am using Excel 2000 (9.0.6926 SP-3) and I ca...

RE: Control
Can some one point me right direction to achive this following. Need to dispaly a data in a table format. some of the column data may have to display a image/icon based on a value from the table (1 :- Red color icon, 2:-yellow color icon...) Once the data is loaded and displayed on the format , able to search particular row by column index and update the values including the images(change different image). I tried with Listview control, with the report view I am not able to search row and update the columns with the List vew I am not able to show the image/icon. do not want to use ...

PHP, HTML-Email, Outlook 2003 broken into plain text
Problem: When sending an email to a outlook client from a page I created in PHP the users gets the email in broken code "plain text". What Ive Tried: 1. Read all standard mail in plain text IS NOT CHECKED. Wanted to establish this right off the bat. 2. Outlook receives other html emails fine. 3. If I send the email to a yahoo or hotmail etc client they get the email fine. Basically when I send to a outlook client they get it in plain text. I have a network of 144 comps and all of them have the same results. If I send the same email to my yahoo account I can see the html fine. I a...

Fixed row and header report
Hi, I have a requirement to have a report - SQL 2005 Reporting services ... SQL output: ID DateId FiscalYear FiscalPeriod TotalBooksTaken ReturnedBooks Store 1 20101001 09/10 2010-07 989 756 Store 1 1 20101001 09/10 2010-07 456 343 Store 2 1 20101001 09/10 2010-07 1456 1343 Store 3 2 YTD 09/10 ...

Hyperlink to a text file
Hello I'm using Excel 2000. I have a cell with a number and I want to reference back to a source document (text) using a hyperlink. However, when I click on the link I receive an error, "unable to open specified file". Can this be done? Thank you. We would need to know how you did the hyperlink and if the path correctly point to the file What is the point of the number in the cell? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "JHL" <JHL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C11ABD9A...

MSCRM login and the Users Control Panel
Is anyone aware of any way that the settings stored under Control Panel - Users - Password Management might interfere with the process of Single Sign On into MSCRM? It seemed to have somehow cached someones login and prevented logging in as the logged in user, until cached credentials had been "deleted". However I have never seen this mentioned as being relevant. I am not too sure what the architecture model is there, but it appears to be a single domain. If this area has any relevance, it would be useful to know....thanks ...

Adding a control variable
Hello all, Under VC++ 7.1, I've added a checkbox to a dialog. Using the dialog editor, I am not trying to add a control variable for this check box. However, when I right-click on the check box and select "Add Variable", the resulting wizard dialog does not allow me to select "Control Variable" (it is grayed out). What do I need to do to get a control variable for this check box added to my class? Thanks, Dave I've never seen that before - are you able to duplicate this problem with other projects too? -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "Dave" <bett...

How to Delete entire rows by selecting different text in column A
I have a database that exports data to excel where duplicate and specific data is deleted using macros. My question is the data in column A uses multiple years of information. Example 2009 2 Man Fall Senior Team Beall 2009 2 Man Fall Senior Team Beeghly 2008 2 Man Fall Senior Team Berish 2009 2 Man Fall Senior Team Blohm 2008 2 Man Fall Senior Team Brander 2008 2 Man Fall Senior Team Brown Using the If function how do I either just use part of the cell, e.g. "Fall Senior" or use the entire cell e.g. 2008 2 Man Fall Senior Team but use a wild card character for the...

Spam control - MS Outlook
Hi! I am using MS Outlook 2000 and use 2 profiles. I recently installed a firewall package (Fsecure = Telia S�ker Surf), including Spam control. After install, MSO hangs and I cannot change to the other profile (if I not removed MSO by ctrl/alt/del) Somebody want to comment this? /Sven-Erik Intergrated AV/Spam is the cause of frequent issues in Outlook Is the FSecure you installed compatible with this old version of Outlook? "Storfille" <storfille@ebrev.net> wrote in message news:b1Ixm.11987$U5.164765@newsb.telia.net... > Hi! > > I am using MS Outlook 200...

Releasing memory after creating OCX control
Hi, I try to create an instance of an activex control in my MFC dialog based app. Though my application works with out any error, if i check the memory after calling "delete pMyControl" it keeps on occupying the same memory it occupied when the control was alive. Could anyone help me where I am missing to clear the memory? Thank you. My Code here ---------------m_pxWmp= new CWMPPlayer4();if( m_pxWmp->Create("replay", WS_CHILD | WS_BORDER | WS_VISIBLE , CRect(100, 100,320,240), this, 2)){ m_replay = true; m_pxWmp->SetUrl("C:\\video.avi"); m_pxWmp->Set...

Exchange 2003 mail boxes
hi all, am encountering the following problem: In outlook (any version) when I open the address book and select any name then the properties then under "general" press "contacts" (or "personal address book" in the previous versions") and then select "activities" tab, it displays the e-mails of that name. I do not know how it is happening but it is there. Please help. Regards. Sounds like you have the Journalling feature of Outlook enabled. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Nazih Da...

what control can display characters from txt files in a dialog?
I want to read lines from txt files and display them on a dialog.I wonder which control can be put into the dialog to hold the characters from txt? Something like :- while(m_file.ReadString(tmpstr)) { str += tmpstr; } m_edit.SetWindowText(str); -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "liao_xf" <sclxf@sina.com> wrote in message news:001401c3652f$177b9830$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Thanks first! > I know that Edit control can receive and edit input. > and I know the filestdio can read lines from txt. > but can you tell me how to attatch the lines to the edit? > Thanks!...

stock control system
trying to see up a 'basic stock control sytem' for a warehouse that contains building materials. -- Thank you. You can use multiple ways of doing, there's 3 ways to come to m head... 1) Use a worksheet as database an save all the information on the cell of that worksheet using some macros to access it and handle. 2) You might want to use Access instead of Excel, I think would b easier to handle the database portion and you still have the Macro available. 3) You can use VB with an Access to create an application -- fanay ------------------------------------------------------...

Creating dialog controls at run-time
I've been researching how to do this, but whenever I try what other people do, I get very bad results. But my challenge doesn't end there. The number of controls I want to create is only known at run-time. The problems I face are manifold: 1. The code most people use fails badly. Not only is the font unconventionally big, but when I click the checkbox I create, the whole dialog disappears. If that's not enough, the pointer to the control is NULL when the dialog's destructor is called, so I can't delete the instance, and get a memory leak message when the program ends: CADi...

MDI support in ATL composite control
Hi, I have components created in ATL. The components are ATL composite controls. Entire work has been done till now using ATL, however I now need to give MDI type of work area (based o doc-view architecture) within the control. I have class derived from CMDIFrameWnd. However when I try to initialize instance of this class by calling "Create" method of CFrameWnd (base class in CMDIFrameWnd), I get error and creation fails. Tracing the code, I found that base class create method calls "AfxGetInstanceHandle" to get handle to the DLL. Now since this is ATL Composite control, ...

Another Customer Report question
I'm using RMS 2.0. Is there any way to pull a customer report that shows their shipping address? All I can find is a report that shows billing address. I'm just trying to get some basic marketing done and what to find out which customers are purchasing which products, and to what address I can send them information on new products. Why is this so difficult for me to do? With all the information being captured in RMS, you'd think simple reports such as these would be available. I looked through all my custom reports and partner source and unfortunately didn't find a...

using a check box to display text from a list
Excel 2003 I am trying to use a check box to display a category (Text) from a list in a cell and have tried code based on an "if structure" with no success. Has anyone got any suggestions. Roger W wrote: > Excel 2003 > I am trying to use a check box to display a category (Text) from a > list in a cell and have tried code based on an "if structure" with no > success. Has anyone got any suggestions. Hi Roger, Try to post the code you used, so we can suggest how to modify... -- Thanks in advance for your feedback. Ciao Franz Verga from Italy ...

lost columns and in box
i have lost the suject and from coliumns - how do i getthem back plus all the mails in my inbox hsave disappeared wherte mihgjt they be hiding? thank peter Go to View | Current View and make sure it's set to Messages. The Messages view should have a Subject column and a From column, and it should not be "filtered" so all messages in the folder should appear when that view is selected. If they do not, or you are still missing the columns, go to View | Current View | Define Views, select the Messages view in the list, and click Reset. Then click the Apply View button and th...

X Report Printing
Here's my problem... I am unable to print a X, Z or ZZ report from my office printer. It will print to the receipt printer but I would like to be able to print it from the office on 8.5 x 11 paper. Does anyone have a template for this or know how I could go about setting this up so it will work. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks! In SO Manager, Database/Registers/Receipt Formats, create a new format - call it something like "Full Page". Under "Receipt and Report templates", the last entry is labeled "Report" - click the magnifying glass to ...

View Filtering and Access Controls for Business Units
I am trying to implement MS-CRM for my company. We have multiple Business Units . I need to give views to each Business Units so that they see only their own Contacts/Accounts/Opp lists. How do I accomplish this ? Also, If I gave inter business unit acesses , how do I make sure that the one business unit users can not modify any fields on other's Business Unit's records ? Thanks in advance for any help, Kishore This is quite easy to do with CRM. Assuming you have already created your Business Units in CRM, you can view a security role within one of the Business Units and a...

Synchronize combo boxes
I am trying to sync to combo boxes on a form. It is for plant names which consist of Genus + Species + Subspecies, basically. I have all my data in a single table and I want only applicable species to show up for a particular Genus, for example: Abies concolor Abies glauca Abies alba Quercus alba Quercus macrocarpa Any genus can have many species, some of those species names can exist within multiple Genus names, I have made to seperate tables with just Genus and just Species names, I want them to link in the combo boxes, any ideas? Previously responded to... Regards ...

How to set form caption / text?
I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2. I am developing an application with main window and a few childs window. How to set each child window text / caption everytime I call DoModal? If I set "Entry Form" then the window I call will displayed with "Entry Form" caption. Thank you. You can use SetWindowText to set it. For a dialog, you should do it any time after its created(IOW, not in constructor). OnInitDialog and after is fine. -- Ajay "Landon" <Landon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F18C3988-E5F2-413E-8CCF-78143066DB29@microsoft.com... >I ...