conditional page break

I have a report detail section with several "can grow" text boxes. As such
the detail section can vary from being able to fit two to a page through one
record filling most of a page to one record flowing over into a second page.
I'd like to put a conditional page break in where the top and bottom of the
detail section are not on the same page. I am considering using two page
number boxes at top and bottom of the section with the isvisible property of
the page break but wondered if there is any other easier method

thanks
Richard

Richard G wrote:

>I have a report detail section with several "can grow" text boxes. As such
>the detail section can vary from being able to fit two to a page through one
>record filling most of a page to one record flowing over into a second page.
>I'd like to put a conditional page break in where the top and bottom of the
>detail section are not on the same page. I am considering using two page
>number boxes at top and bottom of the section with the isvisible property of
>the page break but wondered if there is any other easier method

This sounds like you want to use a keep together kind of
thing for individual text boxes.  Since Access only has the
KeepTogether feature for an entire section (and group), you
need to create more sections do the parts you want to keep
together can be in its own section.

This can be done by creating groups with header and footer
sections in Sorting and Grouping (View menu) on the same
field(s?) you use to sort the details.  Then drag the
appropriate controls to their own section and set the
section's KeepTogether property to Yes.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
0
Marshall
12/18/2007 8:39:15 PM
Thanks for the reply
I perhaps didn't explain very clearly
In each case (detail sextion) there are going to be the same text boxes
though possibly of  varying heights due to the "can grow" option. What I
would like to try to achieve for aesthetic layout purposes is that where a
record flows over onto a second page is to insert a page break so that the
following record then starts at the top of the next page rather than perhaps
¼ of the way down the current page.
This was why I'd hoped to use a comparison of "page number" between the top
and bottom of the detail section and have a conditional page break if they
were not the same.
Something along the lines of
If page number (top of section) not equal to page number (bottom of section)
then page break is visible

Is this sort of thing possible?
Thanks
Richard

"Marshall Barton" wrote:

> Richard G wrote:
>
> >I have a report detail section with several "can grow" text boxes. As such
> >the detail section can vary from being able to fit two to a page through one
> >record filling most of a page to one record flowing over into a second page.
> >I'd like to put a conditional page break in where the top and bottom of the
> >detail section are not on the same page. I am considering using two page
> >number boxes at top and bottom of the section with the isvisible property of
> >the page break but wondered if there is any other easier method
>

> This sounds like you want to use a keep together kind of
> thing for individual text boxes.  Since Access only has the
> KeepTogether feature for an entire section (and group), you
> need to create more sections do the parts you want to keep
> together can be in its own section.
>
> This can be done by creating groups with header and footer
> sections in Sorting and Grouping (View menu) on the same
> field(s?) you use to sort the details.  Then drag the
> appropriate controls to their own section and set the
> section's KeepTogether property to Yes.
>
> --
> Marsh
> MVP [MS Access]

Maybe I'm just not getting it, but the way I am reading your
objective, I don't see how a detail fitting on one page or
needing two pages has anything to do with the esthetics.
Won't you have the same issue if a detail only uses 1/3 of a
page?

If all you want to do is make sure the section is not split
across a page boundary, then just set the detail section's
KeepTogether property to Yes.  OTOH, maybe you want every
detail to start on a new page.  If so, set the detail
section's ForceNewPage property to Before Section.
--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Richard G wrote:
>I perhaps didn't explain very clearly
>In each case (detail sextion) there are going to be the same text boxes
>though possibly of  varying heights due to the "can grow" option. What I
>would like to try to achieve for aesthetic layout purposes is that where a
>record flows over onto a second page is to insert a page break so that the
>following record then starts at the top of the next page rather than perhaps
>� of the way down the current page.
>This was why I'd hoped to use a comparison of "page number" between the top
>and bottom of the detail section and have a conditional page break if they
>were not the same.
>Something along the lines of
>If page number (top of section) not equal to page number (bottom of section)
>then page break is visible
>
>"Marshall Barton" wrote:
>
>> Richard G wrote:
>>
>> >I have a report detail section with several "can grow" text boxes. As such
>> >the detail section can vary from being able to fit two to a page through one
>> >record filling most of a page to one record flowing over into a second page.
>> >I'd like to put a conditional page break in where the top and bottom of the
>> >detail section are not on the same page. I am considering using two page
>> >number boxes at top and bottom of the section with the isvisible property of
>> >the page break but wondered if there is any other easier method
>>

>> This sounds like you want to use a keep together kind of
>> thing for individual text boxes.  Since Access only has the
>> KeepTogether feature for an entire section (and group), you
>> need to create more sections do the parts you want to keep
>> together can be in its own section.
>>
>> This can be done by creating groups with header and footer
>> sections in Sorting and Grouping (View menu) on the same
>> field(s?) you use to sort the details.  Then drag the
>> appropriate controls to their own section and set the
>> section's KeepTogether property to Yes.
0
Marshall

How can I number these pages?
I have a workbook with 30 sheets. Some sheet contains more pages t print. I have already made the setting print and the setting scale i not the same for all sheets. I would like to number (progressive number) and print all pages. Ex WS1 Page1, WS1 Page2, WS2 Page3... Someone can hepl me -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Pippo, In File - Page Setup, the First Page Number should be set to Auto for all sheets. The pages wil now be sequential across all the sheets if all are printed in one command. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ----------------...

I want to print multi pages on one page.
I've tried going into set up and under page layout telling it to print 2 pages per sheet, but that doesn't work. Is there another way? If, by "multi-pages" you really mean multiple worksheets on one page that is not possible. You could add a 'summary' worksheet to combin your data and print that with the "fit to page" option checked on th Page Setup screen. Be careful with the 'fit to screen' as it can mak the printout unreadably small. Good Luck Bruc -- swatsp0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- swatsp0p...

Today Conditional Format

Two Condition Vlookup?

How do I keep from printing blank pages in excel?
I'm trying to print only rows containing nonzero values in a specific column. I can filter the data to show only rows with nonzero values but I am then forced to reset my print area or I get blank pages. Is there an easier way? Thanks. You could press Ctrl-* to select just the current region, then use Print Selection, rather than simply Print. You can probably even record a macro incorporating those steps to speed it up. "Davbwalker" wrote: > I'm trying to print only rows containing nonzero values in a specific column. > I can filter the data to show only r...

Hyperlink behavior Word 2007: correct page but wrong part of page
I've searched a lot of place but have not even seen anyone else having this problem. Document is a multi-page Word 2007 form template with hyperlinks for navigation. In most cases clicking a hyperlink will take you to the correct page, and the top of the page displays. However on some pages, it either displays the bottom of the page and/or the top of the next page. Sometimes the cursor is in the first form field of the following page. With the template open, view field codes, show bookmarks and show text boundaries, I still can't see what might be causing this behavi...

Query condition by date range

excel -10 sections
I have a 10 section worksheet that I need to have a footer that says Section # page # on each page for printing the whole worksheet. eg Section 1 Page 10 would the page 10 of the whole worksheet: Section 3 Page 59 would be page 59 of the whole worksheet I've used a macro to do this in WORD, but haven't ever tried it in EXCEL. I'm guessing it would need a macro though. "Maggie" wrote: > I have a 10 section worksheet that I need to have a footer that says Section > # page # on each page for printing the whole worksheet. > eg Section 1 Page 10 would the pag...

Conditional Field in Queries

Conditional null value

footers and page numbers
Can you change the place at which a footer occurs on the page. I want mine to occur lower down. (pub 2007) Thanks. lindalou wrote: > Can you change the place at which a footer occurs on the page. I want mine to > occur lower down. (pub 2007) The "Footer" (just like the "Header") is merely a construct that Publisher creates to make Word users feel more comfortable. It is in fact a text box on your master page, movable and resizable just like any other object. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

How to remove page numbers from the display?
I opened a spreadsheet that is display large grey page numbers in the middle of each page of this spreadsheet. These do not print. How do I turn off this display of page number? This is a feature of View|Page Break Preview. Can you just go back to normal? View|Normal Dale Bedford wrote: > > I opened a spreadsheet that is display large grey page numbers in the middle > of each page of this spreadsheet. These do not print. How do I turn off this > display of page number? -- Dave Peterson Dale, You are most likely in the Page Brake Preview mode. To switch to the normal m...

Hyperlinks into VISIO page
While it is possible to link from one visio document shape to another visio file, specific page, I am unable to find or determine (based on testing) the html syntax for connecting from a hyperlink in a different kind of document (like a word or excel file) to a specific page. The default seems to be open to whatever page was last saved. Does anyone know the proper tag for creating this link? #bookmark works for all other microsoft products, but doesn't seem to work for VISIO? Thank you. (and yes, I have already read all the topics in all groups and find no answer - this is the third...

Gridview button field only works on page 1 of grid
Hi all I've got a gridview in a Visual Studio 2005, .NET version 2.0 web app, which displays many records. The grid's AllowPaging and AllowSorting properties are set to true with the grid displaying 10 records per page. There is a buttonfield column in the gridview which fires the grid rowcommand event as follows: Dim index As Integer Dim selectedRow As GridViewRow Dim filePath As String 'find the serial number of the record and open its change history index = Convert.ToInt32(e.CommandArgument) selectedRow = Me.SearchGrid.Rows(index) Dim serialNum...

Help
Forgive me if "Conditional Sums" is not the accurate word for what I am trying to accomplish... I'm at a loss for what to call this situation. What I have is a spreadsheet totaling attendance figures for classes taught by two people (Dave and Cary). Column A lists their name, and next to it in Column B is the number of people who attended that class. What I need is a formula that will look at the sheet and report in a given cell the total for attendance for each person. I can work basic formulas like SUM, but that will give the total for the entire column, when what I n...

$ Amounts on Home Page
It appears that the only way to show a dollar amount for a report on the Home Page of GP is to include a report under the Reminders area of the "To Do" section. For example, if I want to set up as a reminder "Past Due Customer Transactions" with an amount, it needs to be a SmartList link in this section. It seems that the "My Reports" section would be able to accomodate a link to the report with a total to go with it, but it doesn't. Is that what you're getting also? Mike The purpose of the My Reports list is to provide a list of reports. It ...

XML Receipt and Conditions
I wanted to make a small adjustment to the receipt when a certain condition is met. If a particular word (eg. family) is typed into the comment on an item I wanted something slightly different to happen to the receipt I've just about got it, just stuck on the condition tag <IF> <CONDITION>len(Entry.Comment)</CONDITION> <THEN> I can get it using len but this makes it happen for any word, is there anyway I can make it so that it is more specific ie Entry.Comment contains '%family%' try <IF> <CONDITION>Entry.Comment like '%family%'&...

Freezing a page?
I would like to know if there is a way to freeze a page so that a table and every thing in it will not change size if you resize you explorer window. What would you call this? Thanks Is that an Excel Q? Danny On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 08:19:02 -0700, Bullet_Bob <Foljambe hotmail.com> wrote: > I would like to know if there is a way to freeze a page so that a table > and > every thing in it will not change size if you resize you explorer window. > What would you call this? Thanks > -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/ma...

Line break in cell, char(10) square settings?
HI all! I have a problem regarding the char(10) square that appears when you press "alt enter" to get a line break in a cell. (When using Wrap text) When I use a cell reference to a cell with a line break the Char(10) square appears in some of my excel xp or excel 2003 installations but not all of them. I have tried to find some settings for this but I have not. I need the squere to get the line break back when I send the information to a database and back Do you have any suggestions? Thanks, Fredrik Format|Cells|Alignment|Wrap text The square is what char(10...

conditionally restricting values in excel
Hello, I want to restrict values in a particular column based on the value in other column. For eg. if column A has value int then column B should be restricted to values 1,2,3,4,5 if column A has value bool then column B should be restricted to values true and false. if column A has value string I dont want any validation to be done and the list box should not appear. Is this possible..... How do I achieve this ? Can I use macros to do this? How? Thanks Hi as a starting point: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html >-----Original Message----- >Hello, >I want to restrict ...

Conditional formating condition..?
Hi All I have 2 CF conditions associated with a cell (C14), one of which is: Formula is =OR($C$4="Fred SOMEBODY",C14<>"10:30:00") What happens when this is true isn't important/relevant. The value in the cell appears as 10:30 (formatted as custom/hh:mm) but the value in the 'formula window' is actually 10:30:00. This type of condition works fine when the cell contains a simple number (or text) but I can't get it to work for either times or dates. I have tried it with and without the inverted commas (around the time value) and have tried using 10:30 ...