Chart data using Access

I would like to chart data and have line chart display actual data points.
The only option it gives me is Sum, Avg, Min, Max and Count.   None of these
plot the actual data points over time.

I'm using only two fields from a query.   A date field and a data field that
gives me a numberic value such as 0.90     So I want to plot the activity of
these numbers over time.

Access 2003 and Windows XP

Any suggestions?
--
FL

Use the chart wizard to get you started and then simply change the Row Source
property of the control.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"FL" wrote:

> I would like to chart data and have line chart display actual data points.
> The only option it gives me is Sum, Avg, Min, Max and Count.   None of these
> plot the actual data points over time.
>
> I'm using only two fields from a query.   A date field and a data field that
> gives me a numberic value such as 0.90     So I want to plot the activity of
> these numbers over time.
>
> Access 2003 and Windows XP
>
> Any suggestions?
> --
> FL

How to use different return email addresses
I use outlook 98. I have a mailbox with three aliases. People sending me emails can use any of the three email aliases and the email will arrive in the same mailbox. Accessing the mailbox once will retrieve all messages regardless of which alias was used. If I reply to these emails though, I want the recipient to think that the email has come from the alias that they originally used. What outlook always seems to do is use the email address of the service that is listed first in Tools->Services->Delivery. Is there any way Outlook can be set up so when I reply to a given email, my email ...

Legend on Chart

Form coding access 2003 to 2007
Hello comm I have a code in a form (MS Accees 2003)working perfect. However, if I open the form in Access 2007 the concatenation does not work in the field CodSigCat This the code. Could you tell me what is wrong or new in Access 2007? Many thanks Option Compare Database Option Explicit Function CodSigCat() As String CodSigCat = Me!Prov & "" CodSigCat = CodSigCat & Me!Cant & "" CodSigCat = CodSigCat & Me!Dist & "" CodSigCat = CodSigCat & Me!Bloq & "" CodSigCat = CodSigCat & Me!Sect & "" CodSigCat = CodSi...

Demographic chart?

Publisher-How do I change calendars 04 to 05 without losing data?
I have a current document 12 calendars with data in each day. I am trying to change the calendars from 04 to 05 with losing the existing data. Is there a way the data can stay in the same spot and the dates change. I also want to keep the same layout I currently have. I have tried using calendar options but cannot get it to work. Any help would be appreciated. Manually... You can try this, Expand your existing calendar by 12 months. On the toolbar, edit, office clipboard, this will give you 24 copied items you can collect. Copy your data, go to the next year, place your cursor where you...

Excel 2007 Line Chart with Markers

Charting/ Graph question

Chart in Chart

Debra Dalgleish-help with worksheet data entry
Hi Debra, I browsed your website and found this new data entry worksheet(http://contextures.com/xlForm02.html) which was very good and i showed my boss.He liked the idea of it and thus asked me to work on it.I managed to add a few more fields and it worked fine. I have a cell named "Documentation to support requirement" at B11 and its corresponding text box at D11.My problem now is that at D11, i need two kind of controls one is drop down list box for document type and another control is text box for document name.How do i achieve this? i need both of this control's answer to b...

Is there a way to remove reports we are not using from the report
There are several reports we are not using and we would like to remove them from the report list. We don't have to remove the reports altogether, just from the available reports list... to reduce confusion for the clients. Can this be done? If so, how? thank you, Dave M this utility will help you remove reports you may want to use crystal reports to back up any you want to keep http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=81517729-f640-4f46-ba30-6b9e6f451526&DisplayLang=en "David M" <DavidM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32...

Data summary
I have a 13 sheet report with each line a different date and each column different data, I want to puul date specific data to a summary sheet using date entry on the summary sheet ie. 04/10/10 = 04/10/10 on each line of the data sheets and I want to pull the data from column A,B,F,G I hope I have explained this clearly ...

How do i set up certain message rules using outlook 2003
Just moved from Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook 2003. However i cant work out how to make certain message rules. I'm using three email addresses and trying to create the following rule but cant work out how to do it. Heres the rule. Where the To line contains 'info@j-i-d.co.uk' Move it to the "Info" folder Would really appreciate some help here!! Thanks Lord_buy_me_a_Mercedes_Benz wrote: > Just moved from Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook 2003. However i > cant work out how to make certain message rules. > I'm using three email addresses and t...

Format of data import from a database
I have a spreadsheet that has data imported from SQL Server or even MS Access that has dollar amount fields. The field is coming over as a text field and even if I format the cells as currency it won't apply the formatting until I actually double click in the cell and press enter. Is there a way to fix this for the entire spreadsheet so I don't have to click in each cell to force the formatting to work? This spreadsheet as over 1500 rows of data. I get this every time I export data from either SQL Server 2000 or Microsoft Access Database. Any help or information is greatly apprecia...

How do I create a chart....

Show summerised data
Hi all I'm using vb.net 2005. I have an app with a Form containing a Tab control with 5 pages. 1 page records time booked to a particular job using a DataGridView control. All works OK. The question, how do I place on the same Tab as the DataGridView a summary of hours recorded. I have a Group By query with a Sum function that summerises the hours by job category in the Hours TableAdaptor. Its being able to display query results on the Tab that I can't do. Guidance most welcome. TIA johnb ...

Chart items moving around

sort FUNCTION SPLITS DATA INTO TWO GROUPS
I'm using Excel '97. I had two versions of a spreadsheet I was using, and copied several lines of data from one and pasted them into the other. Now, when I sort the larger of the two the data separates into two groups. The pasted data (or newly added data) sorts first, and then the original material sorts as a second group. I've tried reformatting the columns, etc. and an stumped. Any ideas? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Rick assuming the data you are sorting on is numeric, it sounds as though one set of data is truly numeric data and the other is see...

How To Chart A Formula in Excel 2007

Cascading Combos in Data Access Page [DAP]
In DAP, can I have 1 control [courses] affect other 2 controls [course_date_1st_choice] and [course_date_2nd_choice]. I usually do this in Form by using Select Case but i need to know how i can manage to do it in DAP. Any help please? It's very complicated to do that in DAP. You should post in the official DAP newsgroup but this newsgroup is practically dead because very few people are still using them but Ken Snell is still often answering questions there. By looking at an old DAP file that I have here, I see that for doing this, I was storing the value of the combo...

create chart from external application
Hi, I would like to know if this is possible.... I have an application that contains an hierarchical chart. I would like to export this data into a format that Visio can *understand*, and then import it into Visio and have it display in a hierarchical manner. Does any body know if this is possible to do. .....or, if there is another way of getting my data into Visio, can you please let me know. Thanks. Here is an article that describes how to automate the org chart wizard, and how to format your data: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/2002/articles/spotlight5_July00.aspx Hope ...