Capturing date/time modified on a form?

I have a form where staff can go and add student information, I would like to
be able to capture when and if the form has been modified.  We are running
reports on students with certain behaviours right now but we don't know how
up-to-date the data is if we don't capture if it's been changed recently.

I added TimeModified and DateModified to my main table and put the fields on
my form that I need it to capture but I'm not sure how to actually get it to
fill those fields once data has been modified, any help would be appreciated.

Monique

Duane

OK, what I've done now is this, go into the form design, right click on the
date field then the event tab, now I've clicked on the little tab that took
me to visual basic, I put the code down like this:

Private Sub DateModified_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
DateModified = Date

End Sub

So my field is just called DataModified but it is not doing anything.

Monique

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> The code should have been "added to the Before Update event of your form". I
> don't know where you entered your code.
>
> Did you change the code to match your text box names or change the text box
> names to match the code?
>
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "Monique" wrote:
>
> > Well I've added as I said the DateModified and TimeModified field to my main
> > students table, put those 2 fields on my form, then I go into the design
> > section of the form, right click on the date modified box, click on the event
> > tab and then I put in the code you just wrote Me.txtDateModified = Date.  I
> > then closed the form and saved it, went back in and modified a students
> > details in the form and it didn't put the date in there?  Any clues.
> >
> > Monique
> >
> > "Duane Hookom" wrote:
> >
> > > This question would be more appropriate in the Forms Coding NG however, you
> > > could add code to the Before Update event of your form to set
> > > Me.txtDateModified = Date
> > > Me.txtTimeModidfied = TimeValue(Now())
> > > --
> > > Duane Hookom
> > > Microsoft Access MVP

Again, the code should have been "added to the Before Update event of your
form". There shouldn't be any code in the update of the DateModified.
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Monique" wrote:

> Duane
>
> OK, what I've done now is this, go into the form design, right click on the
> date field then the event tab, now I've clicked on the little tab that took
> me to visual basic, I put the code down like this:
>
> Private Sub DateModified_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
> DateModified = Date
>
> End Sub
>
> So my field is just called DataModified but it is not doing anything.
>
> Monique
>
> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>
> > The code should have been "added to the Before Update event of your form". I
> > don't know where you entered your code.
> >
> > Did you change the code to match your text box names or change the text box
> > names to match the code?
> >
> > --
> > Duane Hookom
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "Monique" wrote:
> >
> > > Well I've added as I said the DateModified and TimeModified field to my main
> > > students table, put those 2 fields on my form, then I go into the design
> > > section of the form, right click on the date modified box, click on the event
> > > tab and then I put in the code you just wrote Me.txtDateModified = Date.  I
> > > then closed the form and saved it, went back in and modified a students
> > > details in the form and it didn't put the date in there?  Any clues.
> > >
> > > Monique

Can you please explain how to do that, I just can't work it out.

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> Again, the code should have been "added to the Before Update event of your
> form". There shouldn't be any code in the update of the DateModified.
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "Monique" wrote:
>
> > Duane
> >
> > OK, what I've done now is this, go into the form design, right click on the
> > date field then the event tab, now I've clicked on the little tab that took
> > me to visual basic, I put the code down like this:
> >
> > Private Sub DateModified_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
> > DateModified = Date
> >
> > End Sub
> >
> > So my field is just called DataModified but it is not doing anything.
> >
> > Monique
> >
> > "Duane Hookom" wrote:
> >
> > > The code should have been "added to the Before Update event of your form". I
> > > don't know where you entered your code.
> > >
> > > Did you change the code to match your text box names or change the text box
> > > names to match the code?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Duane Hookom
> > > Microsoft Access MVP

Open your form in design view and display the properties dialog. Find your
form properties and then click the Event tab. Find the Before Update event
property and click the builder button on the right. Choose to enter some code
and then enter the code that I suggested. You will need to make sure the code
matches your control names.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Monique" wrote:

> Can you please explain how to do that, I just can't work it out.
>
> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>
> > Again, the code should have been "added to the Before Update event of your
> > form". There shouldn't be any code in the update of the DateModified.
> > --
> > Duane Hookom
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "Monique" wrote:
> >
> > > Duane
> > >
> > > OK, what I've done now is this, go into the form design, right click on the
> > > date field then the event tab, now I've clicked on the little tab that took
> > > me to visual basic, I put the code down like this:
> > >
> > > Private Sub DateModified_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
> > > DateModified = Date
> > >
> > > End Sub
> > >
> > > So my field is just called DataModified but it is not doing anything.
> > >
> > > Monique

OK, I went straight to the main form in design view, clicked on the
properties icon and went to event tab, before update was not on the list, it
only shows if I actually click on the field properties of my DateModified
field, then when I click on the code builder it takes me to visual basic and
that's where I added the DateModified = Date as you suggested.

If I go back to the form view and change something it doesn't update that
field with the current date, if I click in that field and type anything it
comes back saying wrong data and autofills it with the current date but that
is only from me actually trying to enter data into that field.

Monique

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> Open your form in design view and display the properties dialog. Find your
> form properties and then click the Event tab. Find the Before Update event
> property and click the builder button on the right. Choose to enter some code
> and then enter the code that I suggested. You will need to make sure the code
> matches your control names.
>
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "Monique" wrote:
>
> > Can you please explain how to do that, I just can't work it out.
> >
> > "Duane Hookom" wrote:
> >
> > > Again, the code should have been "added to the Before Update event of your
> > > form". There shouldn't be any code in the update of the DateModified.
> > > --
> > > Duane Hookom
> > > Microsoft Access MVP

When I view the Form properties (the word "Form" is in the title bar of the
property dialog) there are over 50 event properties (Access 2003). The fourth
event property in the dialog is "Before Update". This event property has been
there as long as I can remember.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Monique" wrote:

> OK, I went straight to the main form in design view, clicked on the
> properties icon and went to event tab, before update was not on the list, it
> only shows if I actually click on the field properties of my DateModified
> field, then when I click on the code builder it takes me to visual basic and
> that's where I added the DateModified = Date as you suggested.
>
> If I go back to the form view and change something it doesn't update that
> field with the current date, if I click in that field and type anything it
> comes back saying wrong data and autofills it with the current date but that
> is only from me actually trying to enter data into that field.
>
> Monique
>
> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>
> > Open your form in design view and display the properties dialog. Find your
> > form properties and then click the Event tab. Find the Before Update event
> > property and click the builder button on the right. Choose to enter some code
> > and then enter the code that I suggested. You will need to make sure the code
> > matches your control names.
> >
> > --
> > Duane Hookom
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "Monique" wrote:
> >
> > > Can you please explain how to do that, I just can't work it out.

I can see the before update event when I click on properties.  I'll explain
to you exactly how I get there:

*  Open DB
*  Go to Forms section of the objects
*  Double click on the "Students" form (which is the form I want to add the
date to)
*  Click on properties icon, now what I notice when I click on that icon is
it automatically goes to the first field "UniqueID" so it's showing me the
properties for that field.  If instead of clicking on the properties icon in
the design view I can change the field to detail, I see the before update
even and go to the code builder and put in =[DateModified]=[«Expr»]=[Date]
but it doesn't work.

I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong, I can see the field you are talking
about in the properties but it's not saving it there or it's only saving it
to a specific field.

Monique

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> When I view the Form properties (the word "Form" is in the title bar of the
> property dialog) there are over 50 event properties (Access 2003). The fourth
> event property in the dialog is "Before Update". This event property has been
> there as long as I can remember.
>
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "Monique" wrote:
>
> > OK, I went straight to the main form in design view, clicked on the
> > properties icon and went to event tab, before update was not on the list, it
> > only shows if I actually click on the field properties of my DateModified
> > field, then when I click on the code builder it takes me to visual basic and
> > that's where I added the DateModified = Date as you suggested.
> >
> > If I go back to the form view and change something it doesn't update that
> > field with the current date, if I click in that field and type anything it
> > comes back saying wrong data and autofills it with the current date but that
> > is only from me actually trying to enter data into that field.
> >
> > Monique
> >
> > "Duane Hookom" wrote:
> >
> > > Open your form in design view and display the properties dialog. Find your
> > > form properties and then click the Event tab. Find the Before Update event
> > > property and click the builder button on the right. Choose to enter some code
> > > and then enter the code that I suggested. You will need to make sure the code
> > > matches your control names.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Duane Hookom
> > > Microsoft Access MVP

Did you ever see the word "Form" in the properties dialog as I stated it
should? If not, click on the little rectangle to the left of the horizontal
ruler and above the vertical ruler. This should then display the FORM
properties, not the properties of a control or section.

Once you have this, you need to find the Before Update event and click the
builder. Go to the code window and enter the code that I suggested.

If have no idea how you came up with
"code builder and put in =[DateModified]=[«Expr»]=[Date]"
This looks like something from the Expression Builder, not any kind of
code/module window.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Monique" wrote:

> I can see the before update event when I click on properties.  I'll explain
> to you exactly how I get there:
>
> *  Open DB
> *  Go to Forms section of the objects
> *  Double click on the "Students" form (which is the form I want to add the
> date to)
> *  Click on properties icon, now what I notice when I click on that icon is
> it automatically goes to the first field "UniqueID" so it's showing me the
> properties for that field.  If instead of clicking on the properties icon in
> the design view I can change the field to detail, I see the before update
> even and go to the code builder and put in =[DateModified]=[«Expr»]=[Date]
> but it doesn't work.
>
> I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong, I can see the field you are talking
> about in the properties but it's not saving it there or it's only saving it
> to a specific field.
>
> Monique
>
> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>
> > When I view the Form properties (the word "Form" is in the title bar of the
> > property dialog) there are over 50 event properties (Access 2003). The fourth
> > event property in the dialog is "Before Update". This event property has been
> > there as long as I can remember.
> >
> > --
> > Duane Hookom
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "Monique" wrote:
> >
> > > OK, I went straight to the main form in design view, clicked on the
> > > properties icon and went to event tab, before update was not on the list, it
> > > only shows if I actually click on the field properties of my DateModified
> > > field, then when I click on the code builder it takes me to visual basic and
> > > that's where I added the DateModified = Date as you suggested.
> > >
> > > If I go back to the form view and change something it doesn't update that
> > > field with the current date, if I click in that field and type anything it
> > > comes back saying wrong data and autofills it with the current date but that
> > > is only from me actually trying to enter data into that field.
> > >
> > > Monique

OK

I didn't know how to find that, now I know, it was only giving me the detail
section so when I clicked on that little rectangle thing that took me to the
form properties.  Your right I was doing it in expression builder not code
builder, when I did that it worked!  Yay thanks so much, should I go and do
the same with the time now?

Monique

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> Did you ever see the word "Form" in the properties dialog as I stated it
> should? If not, click on the little rectangle to the left of the horizontal
> ruler and above the vertical ruler. This should then display the FORM
> properties, not the properties of a control or section.
>
> Once you have this, you need to find the Before Update event and click the
> builder. Go to the code window and enter the code that I suggested.
>
> If have no idea how you came up with
> "code builder and put in =[DateModified]=[«Expr»]=[Date]"
> This looks like something from the Expression Builder, not any kind of
> code/module window.
>

> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "Monique" wrote:
>
> > I can see the before update event when I click on properties.  I'll explain
> > to you exactly how I get there:
> >
> > *  Open DB
> > *  Go to Forms section of the objects
> > *  Double click on the "Students" form (which is the form I want to add the
> > date to)
> > *  Click on properties icon, now what I notice when I click on that icon is
> > it automatically goes to the first field "UniqueID" so it's showing me the
> > properties for that field.  If instead of clicking on the properties icon in
> > the design view I can change the field to detail, I see the before update
> > even and go to the code builder and put in =[DateModified]=[«Expr»]=[Date]
> > but it doesn't work.
> >
> > I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong, I can see the field you are talking
> > about in the properties but it's not saving it there or it's only saving it
> > to a specific field.
> >
> > Monique
> >
> > "Duane Hookom" wrote:
> >
> > > When I view the Form properties (the word "Form" is in the title bar of the
> > > property dialog) there are over 50 event properties (Access 2003). The fourth
> > > event property in the dialog is "Before Update". This event property has been
> > > there as long as I can remember.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Duane Hookom
> > > Microsoft Access MVP

You have my permission to set the time with the Time( :- ).
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Monique" wrote:

> OK
>
> I didn't know how to find that, now I know, it was only giving me the detail
> section so when I clicked on that little rectangle thing that took me to the
> form properties.  Your right I was doing it in expression builder not code
> builder, when I did that it worked!  Yay thanks so much, should I go and do
> the same with the time now?
>
> Monique
>
> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>
> > Did you ever see the word "Form" in the properties dialog as I stated it
> > should? If not, click on the little rectangle to the left of the horizontal
> > ruler and above the vertical ruler. This should then display the FORM
> > properties, not the properties of a control or section.
> >
> > Once you have this, you need to find the Before Update event and click the
> > builder. Go to the code window and enter the code that I suggested.
> >
> > If have no idea how you came up with
> > "code builder and put in =[DateModified]=[«Expr»]=[Date]"
> > This looks like something from the Expression Builder, not any kind of
> > code/module window.
> >

> > --
> > Duane Hookom
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "Monique" wrote:
> >
> > > I can see the before update event when I click on properties.  I'll explain
> > > to you exactly how I get there:
> > >
> > > *  Open DB
> > > *  Go to Forms section of the objects
> > > *  Double click on the "Students" form (which is the form I want to add the
> > > date to)
> > > *  Click on properties icon, now what I notice when I click on that icon is
> > > it automatically goes to the first field "UniqueID" so it's showing me the
> > > properties for that field.  If instead of clicking on the properties icon in
> > > the design view I can change the field to detail, I see the before update
> > > even and go to the code builder and put in =[DateModified]=[«Expr»]=[Date]
> > > but it doesn't work.
> > >
> > > I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong, I can see the field you are talking
> > > about in the properties but it's not saving it there or it's only saving it
> > > to a specific field.
> > >
> > > Monique

Embedded mail messages giving "The form required to view this message cannot be displayed"
Whenever one mail message is embedded in another (e.g., drag a mail message into the body of another so that it becomes an attachment or a forward from AOL) you can't open the embedded mail message. Instead you get "The form required to view this message cannot be displayed". This is happening on our Windows Server 2003 SP1 Terminal Server for all users. The users are running Outlook 2003 SP2. I've only found one article on the web that specifically addresses this situation, http://blogs.technet.com/kclemson/archive/2004/07/29/200828.aspx, and trying those steps di...

Modify Out of Office reply for Distribution group
I am administering a 2003 exchange environment with Distribution Groups, example jobs@yadayada.com that is distributed to several principals in the company. Is there a way in Exchange to modify the out of office reply for a distribution group? I wan't to be able to add my own text to the out of office reply message and need to know if there is a way to do this. Thanks, Ted Well, the Distribution Group isnt really out of the office is it? Its the individual users, otherwise, I suppose you could script something. On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 11:40:46 -0700, "Ted" <langleywt@...

counting dates before today
I have a list of applications and their due dates (some applications are due on the 5th day and some are due on the 28th day). Here is a partial example: Case # 5th Day 28th Day 111111111 15-Jan 222222222 2-Feb 333333333 1-Feb There are up to 500 rows of applications in my list. I need to get a total of both columns that are due before today and calculate the result in a single cell in another worksheet. I also need to get a total of both columns that are due two weeks from today, also calculating the result in a single cell in the other worksh...

When searching this type of folder, you can't search other folders at the same time
Hi, I have a user that is trying to use Advanced Find to search another users mail box for and e-mail in Outlook 2000 Sp3. When the user selects the browse button to select more than one directory to search, the following error message appears "When searching this type of folder, you can't search other folders at the same time". Also, if a top directory is selected, Advanced Find does not do a recursive search, but only searches the selected directory. The user has the owner role assigned to the folders in question, so I don't think that's it to do with permissions....

Printing and date
Hi, I have the Letter report that will send to 50 patients. My question is when I print them off, is there a way to add the printing date on the to the database? Thanks Chi Hi Chi, You have a report you created in Access and when you print it from Access you want the current date printed on the document? If so, did you create this report with the Wizard? If so, access automatically puts that information on the report. Or am I off in another direction? "Chi" wrote: > Hi, > > I have the Letter report that will send to 50 patients. > > My question is when I...

Turning One Time Gain Into Compound Annual Return
If you will receive 100 + X% of an investment in Y months, what is the best way to calculate the annual compound return represented by that? -- Will On Jun 10, 9:22 pm, "Will" <westes-...@noemail.nospam> wrote: > If you will receive 100 + X% of an investment in Y months, what is the best > way to calculate the annual compound return represented by that? Two equivalent ways are: =(1+x%)^(12/y) - 1 =(1 + rate(5,0,-1,1+x%))^12 - 1 PS: I assume you mean that you invested 100 and you will receive 100*(1+x%) in Y months. That is, your investment will grow by x% in Y ...

Start Up Form
On a test DB I was exploring a Start Up form. I have eliminated the Tools Menu,and the Data base menu bar. How can I reestablish the menu bar. I do have the deafult menu bar. Very basic. I have no build capabilities. ...

Updating Dates
Hi I want to create a spreadsheet that (amongst other things) shows bill payment dates. Some bills are paid on the same date each month and I want a function/ formula to update these automatically. For example Sheet 1 (January) A1: January A3:Mortgage, B3:15/01/04 Is there a way to get cell B3 in Sheet 2 (February) to show 15/02/04 etc hope this is clear Nick One way In A1 on Sheet 2 input 1/2/04 but custom format as mmmm so it shows u as February Now in B3 on Sheet 2 input =A1+14 and format it as date: dd/mm/y -- Cutte -----------------------------------------------------------...

Report modifier should allow me to add applied check# in to TB
I would like to add the applied check# to the detailed trial balance. I may have paid 3 vouchers with one check but would like to see what check was applied to those vouchers. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions...

when recieving email the time is off how do i reset time
How do i reset my time on my microsoft outlook email the time is right on my computer but my email time is off On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 09:56:03 -0800, Lori Bucknell wrote: > How do i reset my time on my microsoft outlook email the time is right on my > computer but my email time is off You have posted this message to the wrong newsgroup. The access in this groups name refers to Microsoft Access, a database program. Please repost to the correct newsgroup for whatever program you are using. I would suggest you include your Windows and Office version number in the message. -- Fred Please r...

Form Assistant Customizations
Hello, It appears that the form assistant is not customizable through the CRM Interface, is that correct? If so, does anyone know of which files it refers to so that they could be modified manually (I just need to be able to add javascript to pre-populate some of its fields, no server side code changes) Any ideas are appreciated. Actually if anyone has any knowledge about how that page actually works, like the data source it uses to load its drop list values and fields that would also be handy information. Cheerio. Hi, There is no support for modifying the form assistant. Any changes w...

Convert Text to Date Month and Year
Hi I have a cell for example that displays 03/07 as a text field for month and year. I want it converted to date field to display as = mar-07 or march 2007. when I use format or text function it converts to 03/07/2010. I dont want to have the current year display instead it should display 2007. Use: =date(right(a1,2),left(a1,2),1) and format as: mmm-yy or mmmm yyyy Regards, Fred "Excellency" <Excellency@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6CA08AE-6CB4-440C-AE9D-96EE6CB08747@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I have a cell for example that ...

Julian Date conversion
Hi and TIA! I posted this to another grroup but then saw this one and it looks more suited to my question. I've researched and tried many many conversion functions but none give me the results. One Example Public Function JDatetoDate(MyDate As Integer) As Date JDatetoDate = DateAdd("d", Right(MyDate, 3) - 1, "01/01/" & Left(year(Now()), 3) & Left(MyDate, 1)) End Function ?JDatetoDate(8044) returned 2/13/2018 expected 2/13/2008 ?JDatetoDate(0044) returned 2/13/2014 expected 2/13/2010 Any ideas. Basically want to convert a 4 digit ju...

installing WLM second time
I had uninstalled my WLM because there were some issues with it (not all the e-mails were coming through) and then tried to install again - but got message that I have the copy of it already. I cannot find that copy anywhere on my computer and cannot download it either. Fortunately, I managed to install it on toolbar and that's how I can access it now - but how can I find it on my computer (advanced search turned the WML folder only) or add to my programs? Anyone knows what's going on? In Control Pane for Programs to uninstall it will be listed under Windows Live Essen...

The Format Date
I'm seeing the date with this format mm/dd/yy but i need ti change it to this format dd/mm/yy. How can i do it? Seba, The last time that I checked, Great Plains was still getting it's date format from the system settings in Windows. This will be a pain if you have different settings on various workstations. I always recommend that my clients adopt one date format and that all workstations stay with that setting. Lyle On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:12:25 -0700, "Seba" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm seeing the date with this format mm/dd/yy but i...

email capture
I'm having a problem with Outlook not pulling the mail off my pop server. When I do a send and receive the mail is identified, "grabs" the messages like it's doing a download but when it reaches the end I'm getting an unknown error message. Any thoughts? 1) First, try to set up Outlook Express to download the email set. Sometimes it has better luck. 2) Another way is to clear the queue manually. This is technical, and not really recommended by anyone, but you may have a stuck message... Telnet to get it... (this method permanently deletes messages before you c...

e-mail the current worksheet using a form button
I want to create a submit button that when I click on it, the current worksheet/file will be e-mailed to someone. Instead of saving the file, then inserting into an e-mail. I have seen this before in a file before, but can't figure out exactly how it works. I happened to notice in the VB Editor I saw something like... CommandClick() Excel.Application.Send "myname@email.com" End Sub Or something similar to that. I don't know any VBA.. So if that's what I need to learn, then let me know. TIA Richard, check out Ron's site for a LOT of information on this http://...

Accessing Access database in the VBA form
Hi, I have a form in which i have a combo box and a comand button. Now based on the values selected in the combo box, i need to "update" a field in the access table. The form and the access table are not linked. Please let me know how can we do this? With limited info givven: Private Sub Cmd1_Click() CurrentDb.Execute "UPDATE myTable Set Myfield1=' & Me.combo1.Value & "' WHERE MyField2='" & Me.combo1.Column(1) & "'" End Sub Pieter "Ashish" <Ashish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16D91...

Median of Even Set; How to Capture them?
Hi everyone, Say I have a dat set such as: 4 5 6 7 The median is (5+6)/2=5.5! However, I am not interested in the answer here, but the 5 and the 6!!! Is there an excel function or way to do so? Thanks alot, Mike Do you want the output in one single cell or in 2 separate cells? Mike Wrote: > Hi everyone, > > Say I have a dat set such as: > > 4 > 5 > 6 > 7 > > The median is (5+6)/2=5.5! > > However, I am not interested in the answer here, but the 5 and the > 6!!! > > Is there an excel function or way to do so? > > Thanks alot, ...

Capture user selection of font
If I put a font combo box on a Ribbonbar is there a way for me to capture the user's font choice? I need to capture that choice and use it in a macro. Whate *exactly* are you trying to achieve with your macro? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "dplaut"...

Date to years
Is there anyway of converting a date to the amount of years. I have employees years started posted and I want to convert to years worked with the company. Thanks Kevin Use the DATEDIF command. =DATEDIF(start_date, TODAY(),"y") See www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm for more info about DATEDIF. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Savage" <Savage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DF024D3-0544-41C7-9BA8-7659C8B5C4A3@microsoft.com... > Is there anyway of converting a date to...

Date formats in Office vX & 2004
In Word vX and 2004 when I try to insert a date, the dates that are listed are the US mm/dd/yy formatted dates. The problem I have is that I want dd/mm/yy to be the format of the date inserted. The same goes for Excel vX and 2004, when I try to format a cell/column/row to a date format, the only formats listed are again the mm/dd format and dd/mm is not even listed under the date section. I have to go down to custom to get the dd/mm formats. I am currently using 10.3.4 and my International System Preference is set to Australian. On 8/4/04 5:34 PM, in article news_-359624.12345605082...

Date Conversion Solar date to Gregorian
Dear all, It would be very kind of you guys, if you could help me to set a date conversion in a textbox. I have two fields in a form. The first one stores date in Solar type date (01/01/1388) I want to set such a coding to covert that date to Gregorian date. Example: Today is 14-10-1388 which is 04-Jan-2010. Thanks a lot. On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 22:32:01 -0800, Mohammad Mobin <mobin.net@gmail.com> wrote: >Dear all, > >It would be very kind of you guys, if you could help me to set a date >conversion in a textbox. > >I have two fields in a form. T...

how can i start using excel for the first time?
i cant figure out how to get excel to work for me and im a first time user of it? i Cant get nothing to work on it? can anyone please help me here Paul Can you get Excel to start up? Can you get a blank workbook to open via File>New? For basics on Excel see.......... http://www.usd.edu/trio/tut/excel/index.html http://www.baycongroup.com/el0.htm Microsoft Training Courses. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/CR061831141033.aspx Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 15:39:02 -0800, "Paul Scheffer" <Paul Scheffer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i ...

How do I check which cells in column are date format?
Hi A few weeks ago I located the answer to this but now I can't find it anywhere. I have a formula that adds 10 years to a date in the cell next to it. My problem is, if one of the dates is not formatted correctly, the formula returns an error. I am sure all I had to do was something along the lines of =(CELL)ISDATE or something like that. It just said TRUE or FALSE........ I may be miles wrong here but I hope someone can help. I just need to see if all the cells in the column are formatted correctly. Kind regards Malcolm Malcolm. A quick look at the CELL function in help wou...