Can't see calculated control

I have a calculated control on a report called txttotalID with a record
source which is
=YTDValue("txtMonth","CountofID","qrypurpose",[txtmonth])
The YTDValue refers to a Module taht calculates YTD figures The rpeorts
record source is qrypurpose and the query has the fileds txtmonth and
CountofID and that works fine and gives me a value..

I have another calculated control called TotalID where the record source is
=Sum([txttotalID]), the txttotalID being my first calculated control. However,
when I run the report I get a prompt asking for the value of txttotalID. Does
this mean that one calculated control can't reference another calculated
control on the same report?
Tony

--
Why don't my grey cells communicate with each as fast as they used to? I hate
getting old!

TonyWilliams

Yes and No.

A calculated control can refer to another control.  HOWEVER, the aggregate
functions (Sum, Count, etc. can only refer to fields in the report's source.

So you need to figure out a way to calculate the YTD value in the query that
is the source for the report or try the following (which may or may not work):
   Sum(YTDValue("txtMonth","CountofID","qrypurpose",[txtmonth]))

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

TonyWilliams via AccessMonster.com wrote:
> I have a calculated control on a report called txttotalID with a record
> source which is
> =YTDValue("txtMonth","CountofID","qrypurpose",[txtmonth])
> The YTDValue refers to a Module taht calculates YTD figures The rpeorts
> record source is qrypurpose and the query has the fileds txtmonth and
> CountofID and that works fine and gives me a value..
>
> I have another calculated control called TotalID where the record source is
> =Sum([txttotalID]), the txttotalID being my first calculated control. However,
> when I run the report I get a prompt asking for the value of txttotalID. Does
> this mean that one calculated control can't reference another calculated
> control on the same report?
> Tony

0
John
1/11/2010 5:30:06 PM
Thanks John I put the YTD expression in the query and got the result. Thanks
for the info.
Cheers
Tony

--
Why don't my grey cells communicate with each as fast as they used to? I hate
getting old!

TonyWilliams

I cant see emails coming in anymore.
I used to push send/receive and a box would come up telling me 'Receiving 8 of 40 emails' with a green bar going across the centre. Once the emails are received the box goes. If I push send/receive nothing happens. If I push it say, 10 times, again nothing happens. Once all the emails are thru the box that used to come up, than flashes up 10 times, but by than its a little late. Does anyone know how to get the box back? I would really appreciate it... KR Mick. I send this message using the forward procedure to somebody of the group My problem is likely the same as a lot ...

Not able to see all data but can see on another computer
Hi, I am using SAP application and if i retrive the excel file from SAP i can see only 48 lines where as i should see 110 lines but if i opened that same excel file in another computer then i can see all lines (110 Lines) i don't know why its happening. Can anyone help on this? Thanks in advance. Regards, Harish ...

Query to Access : does'nt see tables
Office 2000 SP3 FR From Excel / MS Query, I want to read data in Access tables. I choose the mdb file and so MS Query displays this error message (translated) : "This data source does'nt have any visible table". Original in French : "Cette source de donn´┐Żes ne contient aucune table visible." I transfert my data to a new mdb file : it work's few times (!), then the error message appears again. How to resolve this problem ? Jacques. Gotcha ! MS Query does'nt accept a file name with 2 dot inside ! Example : MyFile.mdb --> Ok My.File.mdb --> "...

How to see my mail queue?
Hi there, I have a Exchange 2000 running on Windows 2000 server. Could you please tell me how to monitor my emails in my mail queue? I can't find a location on the Windows to see the mail queue status. Thanks in advance, Ross To view the mail queues follow these steps: 1. Open system manager, Navigate down to the following location Your organization --> Administrative groups --> Your Admin group --> Servers --> Your Server --> Protocols --> SMTP --> SMTP virtual server --> Queues You should then see all the smtp queues and monitor mail. thanks, J. ...

I see you
Well, not really, but I used Google Earth to zoom in on the Flatiron Building. You can get so close you can see the utilities on the roof, the hydrants on the street, the little parkish area across 5th Avenue, etc etc. Cool! Now tell me where your office is (like where is Peter's window, what floor and facing what street). Google Earth lets you zoom in all directions so I'll be able to turn the map to see that window. Silly I know but still a connection on some level. Pats looked good but not great last night. I didn't watch much more of the game. I'm not sold on ...

How do I set up and use a group box form control?
All I want to know is how to add a group box to a spreadsheet and add checkboxes so that they're "embedded" in the group box. (Now when I drag the group box around, the checkboxes don't move with it...) Show the drawing toolbar. There's an arrow icon that you can lasso the objects that you want grouped. Then right click on the "grouped" selection and select Grouping. Then Group. Click the arrow icon to get out of that mode. Grizz905 wrote: > > All I want to know is how to add a group box to a spreadsheet and add > checkboxes so that they're ...

To See or Not To See
I have copied a few tables of text from a web page into Excel. Some of the information contain word that are hyperlinks or email addresses. Is there a way to change those columns of information to reveal the web address or email address? Thanks So is it just displaying plaintext currently? Have you seen this information from the Help Menu? When you make changes to the Hyperlink and Followed Hyperlink styles, your changes apply to all hyperlinks (hyperlink: Colored and underlined text or a graphic that you click to go to a file, a location in a file, a Web page on the World Wide Web...

Calculations
Hi, i want to know if it is possible to calculate numbers in different colours or numbers (in black) with different backgrounds. ie. i only want to calculate numbers in red? Any help will be appreciated. T, DB Deon, You need to use VBA functions to do this. See www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm for details and example code. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Deon" <deon@lando.co.za> wrote in message news:bp853b$ls0$1@ctb-nnrp2.saix.net... > Hi, i want to know if it is possible to calculate numbers i...

calculating dates #2
What formula do i use??? here is my problem... i have 3 columns A- Qty of days eg: 6, B-start date, eg: 10/12/07 C -end date, , (formula i am using, (colummn (C) =A+B+1 (copied down the column) this gives me an end date by adding A and B which i use in a gantt chart, eg; "but" some dates do not have a start date yet and the end result will read (C) 05/01/00, how can i get column (C) to remain blank until i put a start date in???? =IF(A1="","",A1+B1+1) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "spudpeeps" <spudpeeps@discussions.mic...

If, Then calculation in a report
Hello professionals - I hope you can help me solve a problem that's been haunting me with a database I'm building. The two tables I'm working from are tblEvents and tblIncome. The Income table is used to store data entered in a subform. (In other words, when someone is working on details in an Event form, they enter batches of income into the Income subform section.) Within the Income table, I have the following relevant fields: EventID (auto-generated in the Events table) GeneralLedgerLine (this is a pull-down list) Amount The report I'm working on is a basic budget form...

E12 unable to see storage groups through EX MMC
We've been running E12 in a test environment for about 1 month and just today ran into a situation where the storage groups for a server are no longer visible from the console on that machine. If we view the server from a console on a different EX server we see all storage groups and stores. Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks can you list the storage groups and stores from the shell (EMS) on that server? did you try restarting EMC? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- &quo...

Excel Calculation Direction
How do Excel calculations work. Do they go across columns on one row and then move to the next row. Is this the standard way or is there another way to influence the direction of calcualtion? It is quite a bit more complicated. A comprehensive answer to your question can be found here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnexcl2k2/html/odc_xlrecalc.asp -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "wq" <wq@jj.ar> wrote in message news:uB0ef6D5FHA.3588@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > How do Excel calculations work. Do they go across columns on one row and ...

ActiveX control problem in Word
Hi, I'm trying to write an ActiveX control for a school project. It has to be integrated in a Word 2003 document and I have to be able to see all of its events, properties and methods in Word. So far, it works very well in tstcon32.exe but I can't see its events or properties in Word. I took the Circle sample from the tutorial on MSDN and it works great, but when I recreate it step by step I run into the same problems. I'm using Visual C++ .NET 2003. Can anyone help me on this? Thanks Lookup the 'WithEvents' option of the public statement in the VB/VBA documentation. ...

Nice seeing all of you hopefully I see you in the other forum
really I just wanted to get the last post in prior to it closing today :) ...

Controlling text fields in access 2002
I'm having some problems making my data input form nicely usable. First of all I'd like the text field to grow bigger when written on it, instead of scrolling as it does now. Is it possible to make the active field grow on top the others and then go back to it's defined size when another field is activated? I have a lot of fields in my form and I can't enlarge them anymore. And the fields might contain a lot of text or none at all. Another thing is that when printed, the totally empty fields could be left out completely. Now all I can do is minimize them and pri...

Can I see My Calendar as others see it
Can I view my calendar as if I am viewing it by someone with whom I share? no. Your permission levels are greater. Why do you want to be able to? -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook in Canberra, Australia .. "laurelpowellcochrane" <laurelpowellcochrane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46AD6AD8-5B97-4D06-9F73-2D212B626E05@microsoft.com... > Can I view my calendar as if I am viewing it by someone with whom I share? ...

Cannot see posts again
My posts from the Ng do not appear on the NG. I have to go to google groups to look them up. Cumbersome. How can I solve the problem? TIA This newsgroup ? Is WLM configured to use newsgroup community features(if so disable it) Are any of the missing messages present in the Storage folders/Recovered = items folders(and appearing as if sent to you instead of=20 the newsgroup)? -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "Ben Stevenson" wrote in message = news:u3f9tyRNLHA.4288@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... My posts from the Ng do not appear on the NG. I have to go to google = grou...

Need a formula to calculate Average Sales Commission #2
Alf, I pasted all three formulas into my excel program. They all pul the same numbers except the short version. For some reason th percentage increases to over 100% at 31,000 but corrects itself ove 60,000. I was also wondering if you have any ideas on if I want to use differn numbers for the volume breaks and percentages. (ie:pull the info from another sheet or cell) A1 = 30,000 B1 = 50% A2 = 60,000 B2 = 65% A3 = 90,000 B3 = 80% B4 = 90% I was thinking that if we decide to change the first sales volume brea to say, 25,000 (which means we could insert that into the A1 cel instead) or...

How do I count words line by line and see them on the left colum?
I need to have a cumulative line-by-line word count, reflected within my document, on the left hand side. Word does not provide any built-in way to do this, and I don't believe it would be feasible even with fields or macros. You would have to do it manually. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "MimiT" <MimiT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64BF758E-FB7F-4BC6-ACD1-250043456C8F@microsoft.com... >I need to have a cumulative line-by-line word count, reflected within m...

Moved Outlook Express folders to new machine, but cannot see them
Here's what I've done, copied all the .dbx folders from old machine to disk, copied them to desktop of new machine. Opened new account/ new Outlook Express on new machine. Then selected File, Import, Messages, chose OE 6, imported by browsing to the desktop folder I created..I've even received the message"YOUR DATA FROM MICROSOFT OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6 WAS SUCCESSFULLY IMPORTED".. but I still cannot see them within OE.... I have also tried the move by physically copy & pasting the .dbx folders into the 'identities folder' and pointing the store to it and can't ...

Option Button that will calculate in a cell?
Hi, How do I create a tax option button that will calculate in a cell? This is what I have created. Taxable? Yes or No, Total Cell and Tax Cell if Yes then Total Cell x 8.25% in the Tax Cell if No then don't calculate. thanks! -- Queststation ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Queststation's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25211 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=386984 =If(d10="Yes",d9*8.25%,0) ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Q...

Co-worker sees pictures on top of text
I have a Word 2003 document with many pictures inserted. On my computer the text wraps around the pictures. When a co-worker opens the same document the pictures are on top of the text. What setting could be different? Got It! Renamed Normal.dot and let Word recreate Normal.dot. Seems Ok now. "Lee Zard" wrote: > I have a Word 2003 document with many pictures inserted. On my computer the > text wraps around the pictures. When a co-worker opens the same document the > pictures are on top of the text. What setting could be different? ...

Calculation with Working day of the year
Using the "standard formula" I am able to work out that (say)the 21st June is working day 117 for this year using =NETWORKDAYS($U$4;B17;$V$3:$AE$5)- where U4 is 01/01/2005, B17 is 21/06/2005 and V3 to AE5 is a list of non working days. I now need to know what working day 117 was last year, is it possible to start with working day no. and then work out the date? On 10 Nov 2005 07:01:34 -0800, "Box666" <bob@mystical.demon.co.uk> wrote: >Using the "standard formula" I am able to work out that (say)the 21st >June is working day 117 for this year using ...

Cannot see typing when composing
When typing text into the text field of a new email in Outlook, I can see the cursor moving, but no letters appear. When I misspell or introduce a typo error, the spell checker underlines the invisible word. The text body has a very faint grid as a background. Please help! J ...

Controlling the Deletion of E-Mails
Hi Everyone, Does anyone know how I can stop users deleting e-mails from Exchange via Outlook. If so, can I set this up for a particular user rather it affecting everyone. Thanks On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 02:22:00 -0800, Edwin Brigdale <Edwin Brigdale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi Everyone, > >Does anyone know how I can stop users deleting e-mails from Exchange via >Outlook. If so, can I set this up for a particular user rather it affecting >everyone. > >Thanks > No, you can't prevent your users from deleting email, and nor should you be able to...