Can't get report to show using 2003 MDE with DBwindow hidden

My database is written in 2003, is used with runtime and an MDE file, and I
hide the database with the checkbox in 'Startup' and use
'Application.RunCommand acCmdAppMinimize' so the users see only the windows I
provide.  I run the report and nothing shows.  I assume it is trapped in the
DB window.  Is there a way to show it without maxing the DBwindow and
minimizing it again on the close of the report?

Thanks,

Yes, for reports you must maximize the application (DoCmd.RunCommand
acCmdAppMaximize) before opening the report.  Then, you can use the Minimize
code again in the On Close event of the report to restore it back to the way
you had it.
--
Bob Larson
Access World Forums Super Moderator

"BobbyKny" wrote:

> My database is written in 2003, is used with runtime and an MDE file, and I
> hide the database with the checkbox in 'Startup' and use
> 'Application.RunCommand acCmdAppMinimize' so the users see only the windows I
> provide.  I run the report and nothing shows.  I assume it is trapped in the
> DB window.  Is there a way to show it without maxing the DBwindow and
> minimizing it again on the close of the report?
>
> Thanks,

Crystal Report Writer Needed for Central Florida Assignment
A Central Florida client has about 300 Crystal reports that need to be modified in the next 3-4 weeks. We are looking for a consultant that can be onsite to work with the clients for testing and approval. If interested, email a brief resume on you, availability information, and rate requirements to me at rwhaley@ibgnet.com -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com ...

Outlook 2003 and junkmail and rules
the outlook 2003 junkmail filter worked well until i added a simple rule to move all incoming messages for my 2nd email account to a folder. the spam addressed to that email account remains in the folder i specified. i could not find any way to configure the junkmail filter to make it function properly. it appears that all my new messages must remain in the inbox folder for the junk mail filter to be effective. ...

Using Outlook Custom Forms through OWA
Hi all, Is there any way to implement this? We have an Exchange 2003 server with Sp2. Users out of office hope to use outlook custom forms through OWA. Can this be done? ...

Non US Dollar accounts do not show in Settings for Active Sync
I am currently using Microsoft Money 2006 for both my desktop and my pocket pc device. I am attempting to sync some of my accounts to my pocket pc device. However, it seems that the options for Active Sync is only shows acocunts that are using US Dollar as the currency. I would like to sync accounts that are using Singapore dollars. Any way I can do this? No. You can only synchronize accounts which are in your base currency, which appears to be US Dollars in your case. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for ...

IE8 doesn't show open/save dialog when opening PDF
I have written Java application that, when user click on the button, it opens new location in the same window in which it shows new HTML page and opens new popup window using window.open() JavaScript code. In the popup window Java outputs PDF using following headers: ContentType - application/pdf ContentLength - 1000 Content-Disposition - attachment; filename=My.pdf With above settings IE8 doesn't show open/save dialog for my PDF. Above code works fine with IE6, IE7 and Firefox. If I change "attachment" to "inline", then IE8 shows PDF in the popup wi...

AutoArchive using VBA CDO CdoPR_AGING_PATH
I am trying to programatically change the path to the archive file. My pst has may folders and I dont want to change the path on each one by hand. Using the code I can change the GRANULARITY and the PERIOD but the path wont change. ( I am verifying the settings by right clicking the folder and selecting AutoArchive). I have tested in both Outlook 2002 and 2003. On 2003 I was able to change the path when I ran the code the first time but subsequent attempt failed to change the path. Strangely when I view the path (objMessage.Fields.Item(CdoPR_AGING_PATH).Value) via code after I change it, i...

Likert scale calculation
I have used the following table in my survey: Frequency of use - check which on is applicable: every few hours every few mins every few secs item1 item2 item3 .. .. .. item10 so the sample data looks like this: id item1 item 2 ............. item10 1 hours hrs ................. mins 2 secs hrs ................. mins 3 mins hrs ................. mins I want to add up the hours secs mins for each item..for example (from the above sample): ev...

A Crystal Beginner

Recurrence Report
I Want To Create a Report Based of a Query, That Automatically filters out projects for that week, So i thought i could use the "RecievedDate" Field. Is it Easy to do, The Report will be printed every Friday Afternoon and it shows all the projects from the Monday to that Friday? How can i do this with out having to type the dates in every week? Regards Dan <The Report will be printed every Friday Afternoon> If this is ALWAYS true, then use the following for your criteria: Between DateAdd("d",-4,Date()) And Date() PC Datasheet Providing Customers A Resource Fo...

Adding Junk Senders in 2003
I know how to add names to the junk senders list one at a time. Is there away to mass add names? I had over 20 names and didn't want to add the names one by one. Is there a script to add several at once? ...

Exchange 2003 Load balance and cluster
We have two identical machines that we want to load balance and cluster for exchange 2003. the load balance does not want to start. any reason why? Oh yah. I guess my question is that if it is possible to run the laod balance and the cluster on the same two servers "Ashu" wrote: > We have two identical machines that we want to load balance and cluster for > exchange 2003. the load balance does not want to start. any reason why? No,does not support NLB and cluster on same machine! You should rub cluster with your exchange 2003! -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Ashu" &l...

Can't display CListView in Report mode
I have a View derived from CListView. In it's OnInitialUpdate method, I do 4 InsertColumns that seem to work - when I trace thru them, each call returns the number of the column I indicated. In another method, I fill in the rows of the listview with calls to InsertItem followed by calls to SetItem. Again, tracing indicates these all succeed. But when the view displays, it looks like the text for each item is squeezed into a cell along the top of the view: AB.. AC.. AD.. BG.. HG.. PO.. and if I click on one of these, I get a thin vertical "cell" with all the text in i...

Unique reports
I need to print multiple reports, each report representing a record in a table. Is there anyway to automatically change the back color of one of the report controls depending on the data in that particular record? Yes. You could code it using vba or, even simpler, use conditional formatting. Select the control in question and the select Format -> Conditional Formatting... Then simply create your rule Close and save your changes -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.cardaconsultants.com/ For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net Please rate this pos...

Using current date track budget.
Hi, I am trying to update a percentage completion cell in a budget tracking spreadsheet based on the current month. Basically I have a row for each activity and a column for each month. I enter the hours completed for each activity in each month. I have a total number of hours value which will be used to calculate the %completed. So what I need is to a formula that will calculate the following: if ( this month is April) then (sum the hours from start month to april and divide by the total hours cell) else if (this month is May) then (sum the hours from start month to april and ...

Auto-forward from a mail-enabled public folder in Exchange 2003
We have a mail-enabled public folder that used to auto-forward to multiple people any-time it received email. Now that we have added an 2003 version of Exchange, that have been removed (by the installation?) and we are no longer able to auto-forward to more than a single person (using public folder properties) Is there something I am missing about how to get this set back up? ...

Get paid while you get online!!

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

using the $ to lock formulas
We are using the $ to lock the formula but when columns are inserted the formula still changes. How do we correct this? Thank you for any assistance you can give. Hi one way would be to use something like INDIRECT("A1") to always refer to cell A1. Note: copying this formula won't change the cell reference -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany frankmlr wrote: > We are using the $ to lock the formula but when columns > are inserted the formula still changes. How do we correct > this? > > > Thank you for any assistance you can give. One way: =I...

Using CTabCtrl!!!
Hi All! I am looking forward to have an idea of how to draw controls on the CTabCtrl. One way I have in mind is draw the child controls on a separate dialog and draw the dialog on the CTabCtrl window. But the problem is when I do this with the code CTestDlg *pDlg = new CTestDlg; dlg.Create(IDC_TEST_DLG,GetDlgItem(IDC_TAB_CTRL)); it even covers the tabs. Now how can I fix it within the tab window at appropriate place. I have tried to draw the group box on the area of tab control and make that group box the parent window, this will make the new dialog at the appropriate position. But I don...