Calculating a percentage from values in two different fields

Hi,

I have a query called SalesBudget3 that has fields which include:
CustomerName, Type and then all of the months of the year (January,
February).  The type field is either Actual or Budget.  My query will return
two records per client. The first would have their actual sales for 2008 and
the second would have their budgeted sales. In my report, I have the field
names in the page header (Type, January etc) and CustomerName in the
CustomerName header.  The Details sections has their monthly sales figures.
In the CustomerName footer, I want to calculate percent of Actual to Budget
per month but it looks like the only thing I can do is to sum them.  Is there
a way to do a percentage in the form?

Also, I created a separate query called JanPercentage which has the Actual
and Budget figures for January in the same record.  I have divided the two
and have a calculated field called JanPer which is actual to budget for each
client.  This is the result that I would like to appear in CustomerName
footer. Is there a way through say a subreport that I can insert the results
needed for each client?  Can someone help?

Thanks,
--
Chuck W

Chart percentage display needs to be neater
When using line charts with percentages at various intervals, the resulting chart usually has the percentages displayed over the trendline and I end up having to click each percentage and move them so they can be more easily seen on the chart. Is there a way to automate this either at the time I run the chart or once created? Thanks. You could select the set of labels, press CTRL+1 (numeral one) to open the Format Data Labels dialog, and on the Alignment tab, choose the Above or Below position option, instead of the default Left. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services,...

IIF statement pulling from wrong field
I have a query have has the 5 variations of the following IIF statement: Bag Total: IIf(" " & [Unit of Measure] & " " Like "* BAG *",[Qty],Null) this statement says to add up if the unit of measure if it is a bag. I am attempting to add another IIF statement that says =Sum(IIf([product type] Like "*printed*", [pounds], 0)) - I am trying to add up if the product type has the word printed in it total it at each customer and at the end of the report. When I use this IIF statement on my report, it is totalling the amount from the printed IIf(...

How to run an event upon changing the value of a specific cell?
I want to run an event or a mcaro only when a certain cell is changed. i.e., if the cell A1 value is changed, then do such and such ... Right click on your sheet tab, view code. Paste this in and modify to suit: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Intersect(Target, Range("A1")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub 'Do something here End Sub -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "Wael Fathy" wrote: > I want to run an event or a mcaro only when a certain cell is changed. > i.e., if ...

Compare two Files
Hi I wanted to know that is there any method of comparing two files that may reside on two different systems. Actually i have to take backup of files on one system on other, excluding the files that are already on the remote system and not modified or changed at local system. I cant afford to read the whole file on the remote system before calculating thier difference. Also the remote machine may be on local LAN or accessible over internet. Regards Usman Jamil No way I know of. Dates are largely irrelevant, in that the files may be identical but have two different dates, or even in extreme ...

How to calculate age of a person?

Due Date Calculated

how to calculate outliers

Calculated field options???

Adding a value to a customer ID?
Hello! I have a case number for a patient. 2009-001, for example, in C2. I also have a contact number for the patient's family member, in D2. How can I combine the patient's case number 2009-001 from C2 with an entry in D2, 2009-001-01for each contact? Example: Jane Doe is case number 2009-001. She has two children, Josh and Jolene. Josh would be contact number 2009-001-01. Jolene would be contact number 2009-001-02. Then we'd have another case number: Doctor Pepper, 2010-003. She has three contacts: Coke, 2010-003-01, Sprite, 2010-003-02, and Jack Daniels, 2010-00...

tenure calculations

Dynamics 4.0 slow to retrieve data when custom fields / lookups us
We've have this issue whereby if a custom field, say on the contact, is indexed, when you use advanced find, it seems to use the index. The response is acceptable. It appears however it you use the standard search bar and try the lookup, it appears that table scans are happening. Can anyone advise if we're reading the situation correctly and whether there is a way to speed up to normal search. Thanks -- C ...

Making one field bold in a concatanated string
This issue is in MS Access 2003 I have a string with the last name and first name fields concatanated. I would like to bold the last name field only. Is there anyway to do this? The standard text box in Access 2003 and earlier cannot do that. Stephen Lebans has a solution here: http://www.lebans.com/mixbold-plain.htm -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "abnewallo" <abnewallo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:519C584...

Time Sheet Function to Calculate

Picklist Values start at 200,000?
Has anyone else come accross an issue where, after upgrading to CRM 4, any new picklist values you enter begin with the number 200,000? I have a Lead Source picklist that left off at number 12 in CRM 3.0. When I went into the attribute to add another item (which should have been number 13), it began with number 200,000.??? Thanks. AMCK This is normal behavior in CRM 4 - the custom values start there in a model similar to NAV, AX, etc. That way there is no conflict of new SYSTEM attributes (until they get to 199,000 new attributes that is :) ) on upgrades, sps, etc. If you want a clea...

Can Excel produce a POSTNET barcode based on a zip code field?
Background: I am performing a mail merge into Word from an excel spreadsheet containing address information. "Address Block" in Word mail merge function doesn't offer POSTNET barcode field to be included. Word offers a field code that produces a POSTNET barcode based on a bookmark. However, bookmarks do not stick to a particular field during mail merge. Problem: If I can produce a POSTNET barcode in a separate column in Excel based on the zip code column, I can drop a merge field into Word that will accept it. Does anyone know the function name in Excel to do this? So...

Query to create multipe total fields
Ok, I have a fairly basic table. The table lists an ID number, a budget number, and a dollar amount. Some ID numbers have multiple budget numbers and dollar amounts associated with them. My task is to create a Make Table query that takes all the records and only have one row for each unique ID number. For instances where the ID number has multiple rows associated with it in the original table, I need to create additional columns (i.e. budgetnumber1, total1, budgetnumber2, total2, etc.) so that all the data for each individual can be viewed in one row. What is the best way to...

sum cells to reach a specific value and return corresponding value
Hi, I have a csv table that has data for delivery drops. If there is more than one item to be delivered on one drop the there is a total in one row and then the rows below have the number of items and a product code. i.e. 5 = Total Items 4 = 4 units product 'a' 1 = 1 unit of product 'b' the formula needs to recognise that if there are a total of 5 items it will count the number of rows below to tally a total of 5 and then merge the product codes and descriptions in one cell using the CONCATENATE FORMULA - is there an 'if' or a 'sum' func...

Formula to calculate time

zero value when copying cells between worksheets
i have a problem copying cells between worksheets in the same workbook. most of the cells copy and are linked OK but the 2 final columns in the worksheet table copy and show a zero value. in the formula bar it shows that the cell is copying the correct data. if you copy the data from a cell that is working within the same worksheet it just copies the total from the cell and then when you F2 the cell it shows a xero value. this is difficult to explain but it seems that most of the worksheet is working OK but the end 2 columns are acting quite differently. It sounds like you're using...

Is it possible to have different send/receive patterns at different times?
Basically, here's what I want to happen. >From 8-5 or so, Outlook downloads my e-mail automatically with Send/Receive. At 5 or 5:30, when I leave the office, Outlook stops, and I can check my e-mail through our web interface. The simple approach is to just close Outlook, but I tend to forget to do that. So is there a way to set it, either with or without an add-in? Justin <jmeyer@incrementaladvantage.com> wrote: > Basically, here's what I want to happen. >> From 8-5 or so, Outlook downloads my e-mail automatically with > Send/Receive. At 5 or 5:30, when I le...

Insert calculated median field in pivottable
Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. Thanks, Joel Not supported in a pivot -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Joel Schaefer" <joel@disintegrators.com> wrote in message news:ev4P0Nk6FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried > inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. > > Thanks, > > Joel > ...

Javascript help, calculation whoes when calculating from a calculation....
I am having a strange issue with Javascript and I cannot see what the issue us? Essentially I need to be able to calculate two values, one is addition and the second is multiplication. I am getting some strange numbers. My code is at the bottom under the ------, here are the details. crmForm.all.estimatedvalue.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_nextyr.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_yrtwoplus.DataValue = 10 This should make totalestrev = 30, Then its getting weird, I am taking the following formula (10/100)*30 = 270? Here 10 is the value selected from the drop down value, I ...