By Passing Reports with no data

I have a series of query driven reports that are run from the on click
command of a button on a form. These reports are not opened or printed
but saved in a folder on a network share. Once the reports have been
created an email is send to specific people letting them know that new
reports have been created. Below is the code I am using so far.

This code works fine other than it creates a blank report if there's
no data to be displayed.

I am looking for a way to run the reports but ONLY save reports if
they actually have data.

==CODE =============================


Private Sub Command38_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_Command38_Click

If IsNull(Me.Qty) Or IsNull(Me.StatusEnteredBy) Then
    MsgBox "Nothing To Print. Please Complete The Form", vbOKOnly +
vbExclamation
    Qty.SetFocus
        Cancel = -1
    Else

    'Create and Save reports to the Repair Center, WIP Notice folder
on \\dbdm2\mogpublic
        DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport,
"rptWIPNotice100Series_LowerMezz", acFormatSNP, "\\dbdm2\mogpublic
\RepairCenter\WIPNotice\rptWIPNotice100Series_LowerMezz" &
Format([ReqDate], "mmddyyyy") & ".snp", False
        DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport,
"rptWIPNotice200Series_UpperMezz", acFormatSNP, "\\dbdm2\mogpublic
\RepairCenter\WIPNotice\rptWIPNotice200Series_UpperMezz" &
Format([ReqDate], "mmddyyyy") & ".snp", False
        DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport,
"rptWIPNotice300Series_AkronGoodwill", acFormatSNP, "\\dbdm2\mogpublic
\RepairCenter\WIPNotice\rptWIPNotice300Series_AkronGoodwill" &
Format([ReqDate], "mmddyyyy") & ".snp", False
        DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport,
"rptWIPNotice400Series_WoosterGoodwill", acFormatSNP, "\
\dbdm2\mogpublic\RepairCenter\WIPNotice
\rptWIPNotice400Series_WoosterGoodwill" & Format([ReqDate],
"mmddyyyy") & ".snp", False
        DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "rptWIPNotice500Series_",
acFormatSNP, "\\dbdm2\mogpublic\RepairCenter\WIPNotice
\rptWIPNotice500Series_" & Format([ReqDate], "mmddyyyy") & ".snp",
False
        DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "rptWIPNotice600Series_",
acFormatSNP, "\\dbdm2\mogpublic\RepairCenter\WIPNotice
\rptWIPNotice600Series_" & Format([ReqDate], "mmddyyyy") & ".snp",
False
        DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "rptWIPNotice700Series_",
acFormatSNP, "\\dbdm2\mogpublic\RepairCenter\WIPNotice
\rptWIPNotice700Series_" & Format([ReqDate], "mmddyyyy") & ".snp",
False
        DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "rptWIPNotice800Series_",
acFormatSNP, "\\dbdm2\mogpublic\RepairCenter\WIPNotice
\rptWIPNotice800Series_" & Format([ReqDate], "mmddyyyy") & ".snp",
False
        DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport,
"rptWIPNotice900Series_ReturnToWIP", acFormatSNP, "\\dbdm2\mogpublic
\RepairCenter\WIPNotice\rptWIPNotice900Series_ReturnToWIP" &
Format([ReqDate], "mmddyyyy") & ".snp", False

    'Run Macro to create and email WIP Notice reports
        'DoCmd.RunMacro "mcrCreateWIPNoticeReports"

    'set the mail variables
        strReciepient = "email address"
        strSubject = "WIP Notice"
        strMessageBody = "New GSL WIP Notice Reports have been created
and are currently availabel on the MOGPUBLIC drive (\\dbdm2\mogpublic
\RepairCenter\WIPNotice). These reports show Part Numbers that were
picked from WIP and sent to Material Handling."
    'send the report as a snapshot
        DoCmd.SendObject , , , strReciepient, , , strSubject,
strMessageBody, False

    End If
    Dim stLinkCriteria As String

    DoCmd.OpenForm "frmMainMenu", , , stLinkCriteria
    DoCmd.Close acForm, "frmUpdateWIPRequest"

Exit_Command38_Click:
    Exit Sub

Err_Command38_Click:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_Command38_Click

End Sub
0
Del
11/21/2007 4:24:19 PM
access.reports 4434 articles. 0 followers. Follow

3 Replies
454 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 6

Reports have a NoData event associated with them.  In that event, just set 
Cancel = True.  Unfortunately, this will generate an error in your code, so 
you need to use something like:

On Error Resume Next
Docmd.Outputto acOutputReport, "ReportName1", ...
If Err.Number = 0 or Err.number = 2501 then
    'do nothing
else
    'Goto ErrorHandler
endif
Docmd.Outputto acOutputReport, "ReportName2", ...
If Err.Number ...

This will handle errors other than the 2501 (The OutputTo action was 
cancelled) error.  Don't forget to turn your error handling back on after you 
have completed the list of OutputTo statements.

HTH
Dale

-- 
Don''t forget to rate the post if it was helpful!

Email address is not valid.
Please reply to newsgroup only.


"Del" wrote:

> I have a series of query driven reports that are run from the on click
> command of a button on a form. These reports are not opened or printed
> but saved in a folder on a network share. Once the reports have been
> created an email is send to specific people letting them know that new
> reports have been created. Below is the code I am using so far.
> 
> This code works fine other than it creates a blank report if there's
> no data to be displayed.
> 
> I am looking for a way to run the reports but ONLY save reports if
> they actually have data.
> 
> ==CODE =============================
> 
> 
> Private Sub Command38_Click()
> On Error GoTo Err_Command38_Click
> 
> If IsNull(Me.Qty) Or IsNull(Me.StatusEnteredBy) Then
>     MsgBox "Nothing To Print. Please Complete The Form", vbOKOnly +
> vbExclamation
>     Qty.SetFocus
>         Cancel = -1
>     Else
> 
>     'Create and Save reports to the Repair Center, WIP Notice folder
> on \\dbdm2\mogpublic
>         DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport,
> "rptWIPNotice100Series_LowerMezz", acFormatSNP, "\\dbdm2\mogpublic
> \RepairCenter\WIPNotice\rptWIPNotice100Series_LowerMezz" &
> Format([ReqDate], "mmddyyyy") & ".snp", False
>         DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport,
> "rptWIPNotice200Series_UpperMezz", acFormatSNP, "\\dbdm2\mogpublic
> \RepairCenter\WIPNotice\rptWIPNotice200Series_UpperMezz" &
> Format([ReqDate], "mmddyyyy") & ".snp", False
>         DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport,
> "rptWIPNotice300Series_AkronGoodwill", acFormatSNP, "\\dbdm2\mogpublic
> \RepairCenter\WIPNotice\rptWIPNotice300Series_AkronGoodwill" &
> Format([ReqDate], "mmddyyyy") & ".snp", False
>         DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport,
> "rptWIPNotice400Series_WoosterGoodwill", acFormatSNP, "\
> \dbdm2\mogpublic\RepairCenter\WIPNotice
> \rptWIPNotice400Series_WoosterGoodwill" & Format([ReqDate],
> "mmddyyyy") & ".snp", False
>         DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "rptWIPNotice500Series_",
> acFormatSNP, "\\dbdm2\mogpublic\RepairCenter\WIPNotice
> \rptWIPNotice500Series_" & Format([ReqDate], "mmddyyyy") & ".snp",
> False
>         DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "rptWIPNotice600Series_",
> acFormatSNP, "\\dbdm2\mogpublic\RepairCenter\WIPNotice
> \rptWIPNotice600Series_" & Format([ReqDate], "mmddyyyy") & ".snp",
> False
>         DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "rptWIPNotice700Series_",
> acFormatSNP, "\\dbdm2\mogpublic\RepairCenter\WIPNotice
> \rptWIPNotice700Series_" & Format([ReqDate], "mmddyyyy") & ".snp",
> False
>         DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "rptWIPNotice800Series_",
> acFormatSNP, "\\dbdm2\mogpublic\RepairCenter\WIPNotice
> \rptWIPNotice800Series_" & Format([ReqDate], "mmddyyyy") & ".snp",
> False
>         DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport,
> "rptWIPNotice900Series_ReturnToWIP", acFormatSNP, "\\dbdm2\mogpublic
> \RepairCenter\WIPNotice\rptWIPNotice900Series_ReturnToWIP" &
> Format([ReqDate], "mmddyyyy") & ".snp", False
> 
>     'Run Macro to create and email WIP Notice reports
>         'DoCmd.RunMacro "mcrCreateWIPNoticeReports"
> 
>     'set the mail variables
>         strReciepient = "email address"
>         strSubject = "WIP Notice"
>         strMessageBody = "New GSL WIP Notice Reports have been created
> and are currently availabel on the MOGPUBLIC drive (\\dbdm2\mogpublic
> \RepairCenter\WIPNotice). These reports show Part Numbers that were
> picked from WIP and sent to Material Handling."
>     'send the report as a snapshot
>         DoCmd.SendObject , , , strReciepient, , , strSubject,
> strMessageBody, False
> 
>     End If
>     Dim stLinkCriteria As String
> 
>     DoCmd.OpenForm "frmMainMenu", , , stLinkCriteria
>     DoCmd.Close acForm, "frmUpdateWIPRequest"
> 
> Exit_Command38_Click:
>     Exit Sub
> 
> Err_Command38_Click:
>     MsgBox Err.Description
>     Resume Exit_Command38_Click
> 
> End Sub
> 
0
Utf
11/21/2007 4:41:00 PM
Hi,
When writing VBA code I've used the following approach to avoid producing 
reports with zero records:
     Dim IntX as integer
     IntX = DCount ("FieldName","SourceQueryName")
     If IntX = 0 then
          msgbox "No records therefore no report"
          Exit sub           'or go to your exit routine
     Else
          'produce the report....
     End if
     ' rest of code
Rick



"Dale Fye" wrote:

> Reports have a NoData event associated with them.  In that event, just set 
> Cancel = True.  Unfortunately, this will generate an error in your code, so 
> you need to use something like:
> 
> On Error Resume Next
> Docmd.Outputto acOutputReport, "ReportName1", ...
> If Err.Number = 0 or Err.number = 2501 then
>     'do nothing
> else
>     'Goto ErrorHandler
> endif
> Docmd.Outputto acOutputReport, "ReportName2", ...
> If Err.Number ...
> 
> This will handle errors other than the 2501 (The OutputTo action was 
> cancelled) error.  Don't forget to turn your error handling back on after you 
> have completed the list of OutputTo statements.
> 
> HTH
> Dale
> 
> -- 
> Don''t forget to rate the post if it was helpful!
> 
> Email address is not valid.
> Please reply to newsgroup only.
> 
> 
> "Del" wrote:
> 
> > I have a series of query driven reports that are run from the on click
> > command of a button on a form. These reports are not opened or printed
> > but saved in a folder on a network share. Once the reports have been
> > created an email is send to specific people letting them know that new
> > reports have been created. Below is the code I am using so far.
> > 
> > This code works fine other than it creates a blank report if there's
> > no data to be displayed.
> > 
> > I am looking for a way to run the reports but ONLY save reports if
> > they actually have data.
> > 
> > ==CODE =============================
> > 
> > 
> > Private Sub Command38_Click()
> > On Error GoTo Err_Command38_Click
> > 
> > If IsNull(Me.Qty) Or IsNull(Me.StatusEnteredBy) Then
> >     MsgBox "Nothing To Print. Please Complete The Form", vbOKOnly +
> > vbExclamation
> >     Qty.SetFocus
> >         Cancel = -1
> >     Else
> > 
> >     'Create and Save reports to the Repair Center, WIP Notice folder
> > on \\dbdm2\mogpublic
> >         DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport,
> > "rptWIPNotice100Series_LowerMezz", acFormatSNP, "\\dbdm2\mogpublic
> > \RepairCenter\WIPNotice\rptWIPNotice100Series_LowerMezz" &
> > Format([ReqDate], "mmddyyyy") & ".snp", False
> >         DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport,
> > "rptWIPNotice200Series_UpperMezz", acFormatSNP, "\\dbdm2\mogpublic
> > \RepairCenter\WIPNotice\rptWIPNotice200Series_UpperMezz" &
> > Format([ReqDate], "mmddyyyy") & ".snp", False
> >         DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport,
> > "rptWIPNotice300Series_AkronGoodwill", acFormatSNP, "\\dbdm2\mogpublic
> > \RepairCenter\WIPNotice\rptWIPNotice300Series_AkronGoodwill" &
> > Format([ReqDate], "mmddyyyy") & ".snp", False
> >         DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport,
> > "rptWIPNotice400Series_WoosterGoodwill", acFormatSNP, "\
> > \dbdm2\mogpublic\RepairCenter\WIPNotice
> > \rptWIPNotice400Series_WoosterGoodwill" & Format([ReqDate],
> > "mmddyyyy") & ".snp", False
> >         DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "rptWIPNotice500Series_",
> > acFormatSNP, "\\dbdm2\mogpublic\RepairCenter\WIPNotice
> > \rptWIPNotice500Series_" & Format([ReqDate], "mmddyyyy") & ".snp",
> > False
> >         DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "rptWIPNotice600Series_",
> > acFormatSNP, "\\dbdm2\mogpublic\RepairCenter\WIPNotice
> > \rptWIPNotice600Series_" & Format([ReqDate], "mmddyyyy") & ".snp",
> > False
> >         DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "rptWIPNotice700Series_",
> > acFormatSNP, "\\dbdm2\mogpublic\RepairCenter\WIPNotice
> > \rptWIPNotice700Series_" & Format([ReqDate], "mmddyyyy") & ".snp",
> > False
> >         DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "rptWIPNotice800Series_",
> > acFormatSNP, "\\dbdm2\mogpublic\RepairCenter\WIPNotice
> > \rptWIPNotice800Series_" & Format([ReqDate], "mmddyyyy") & ".snp",
> > False
> >         DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport,
> > "rptWIPNotice900Series_ReturnToWIP", acFormatSNP, "\\dbdm2\mogpublic
> > \RepairCenter\WIPNotice\rptWIPNotice900Series_ReturnToWIP" &
> > Format([ReqDate], "mmddyyyy") & ".snp", False
> > 
> >     'Run Macro to create and email WIP Notice reports
> >         'DoCmd.RunMacro "mcrCreateWIPNoticeReports"
> > 
> >     'set the mail variables
> >         strReciepient = "email address"
> >         strSubject = "WIP Notice"
> >         strMessageBody = "New GSL WIP Notice Reports have been created
> > and are currently availabel on the MOGPUBLIC drive (\\dbdm2\mogpublic
> > \RepairCenter\WIPNotice). These reports show Part Numbers that were
> > picked from WIP and sent to Material Handling."
> >     'send the report as a snapshot
> >         DoCmd.SendObject , , , strReciepient, , , strSubject,
> > strMessageBody, False
> > 
> >     End If
> >     Dim stLinkCriteria As String
> > 
> >     DoCmd.OpenForm "frmMainMenu", , , stLinkCriteria
> >     DoCmd.Close acForm, "frmUpdateWIPRequest"
> > 
> > Exit_Command38_Click:
> >     Exit Sub
> > 
> > Err_Command38_Click:
> >     MsgBox Err.Description
> >     Resume Exit_Command38_Click
> > 
> > End Sub
> > 
0
Utf
11/23/2007 10:35:01 PM
Rick,

The down side of this is that Jet has to count the number of records in your 
query first, so if there are records, it takes longer to generate the 
report.  You could speed this up using DLookup instead of DCount, since 
DLookup will return the first record, if there is one, and NULL if there 
isn't.  Then you could just test:

IF ISNULL(DLookup("FieldName", "SourceQueryName")) Then
    msgbox "No records"
    Exit sub
else
    'produce report
End if

Actually, I still like my method better, because then, all you need to do is 
put this in a function or subroutine, pass it the name of the report, and 
let it do the processing.  When you have multiple reports like this, it 
would get old repeating the previous code for each report.  Additionally, 
you have to actually know the name of a field for each query.

Dale

"SoCal Rick" <SoCalRick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:266B39B8-02D4-460D-9E17-CEB2AA10729C@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> When writing VBA code I've used the following approach to avoid producing
> reports with zero records:
>     Dim IntX as integer
>     IntX = DCount ("FieldName","SourceQueryName")
>     If IntX = 0 then
>          msgbox "No records therefore no report"
>          Exit sub           'or go to your exit routine
>     Else
>          'produce the report....
>     End if
>     ' rest of code
> Rick
>
>
>
> "Dale Fye" wrote:
>
>> Reports have a NoData event associated with them.  In that event, just 
>> set
>> Cancel = True.  Unfortunately, this will generate an error in your code, 
>> so
>> you need to use something like:
>>
>> On Error Resume Next
>> Docmd.Outputto acOutputReport, "ReportName1", ...
>> If Err.Number = 0 or Err.number = 2501 then
>>     'do nothing
>> else
>>     'Goto ErrorHandler
>> endif
>> Docmd.Outputto acOutputReport, "ReportName2", ...
>> If Err.Number ...
>>
>> This will handle errors other than the 2501 (The OutputTo action was
>> cancelled) error.  Don't forget to turn your error handling back on after 
>> you
>> have completed the list of OutputTo statements.
>>
>> HTH
>> Dale
>>
>> -- 
>> Don''t forget to rate the post if it was helpful!
>>
>> Email address is not valid.
>> Please reply to newsgroup only.
>>
>>
>> "Del" wrote:
>>
>> > I have a series of query driven reports that are run from the on click
>> > command of a button on a form. These reports are not opened or printed
>> > but saved in a folder on a network share. Once the reports have been
>> > created an email is send to specific people letting them know that new
>> > reports have been created. Below is the code I am using so far.
>> >
>> > This code works fine other than it creates a blank report if there's
>> > no data to be displayed.
>> >
>> > I am looking for a way to run the reports but ONLY save reports if
>> > they actually have data.
>> >
>> > ==CODE =============================
>> >
>> >
>> > Private Sub Command38_Click()
>> > On Error GoTo Err_Command38_Click
>> >
>> > If IsNull(Me.Qty) Or IsNull(Me.StatusEnteredBy) Then
>> >     MsgBox "Nothing To Print. Please Complete The Form", vbOKOnly +
>> > vbExclamation
>> >     Qty.SetFocus
>> >         Cancel = -1
>> >     Else
>> >
>> >     'Create and Save reports to the Repair Center, WIP Notice folder
>> > on \\dbdm2\mogpublic
>> >         DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport,
>> > "rptWIPNotice100Series_LowerMezz", acFormatSNP, "\\dbdm2\mogpublic
>> > \RepairCenter\WIPNotice\rptWIPNotice100Series_LowerMezz" &
>> > Format([ReqDate], "mmddyyyy") & ".snp", False
>> >         DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport,
>> > "rptWIPNotice200Series_UpperMezz", acFormatSNP, "\\dbdm2\mogpublic
>> > \RepairCenter\WIPNotice\rptWIPNotice200Series_UpperMezz" &
>> > Format([ReqDate], "mmddyyyy") & ".snp", False
>> >         DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport,
>> > "rptWIPNotice300Series_AkronGoodwill", acFormatSNP, "\\dbdm2\mogpublic
>> > \RepairCenter\WIPNotice\rptWIPNotice300Series_AkronGoodwill" &
>> > Format([ReqDate], "mmddyyyy") & ".snp", False
>> >         DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport,
>> > "rptWIPNotice400Series_WoosterGoodwill", acFormatSNP, "\
>> > \dbdm2\mogpublic\RepairCenter\WIPNotice
>> > \rptWIPNotice400Series_WoosterGoodwill" & Format([ReqDate],
>> > "mmddyyyy") & ".snp", False
>> >         DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "rptWIPNotice500Series_",
>> > acFormatSNP, "\\dbdm2\mogpublic\RepairCenter\WIPNotice
>> > \rptWIPNotice500Series_" & Format([ReqDate], "mmddyyyy") & ".snp",
>> > False
>> >         DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "rptWIPNotice600Series_",
>> > acFormatSNP, "\\dbdm2\mogpublic\RepairCenter\WIPNotice
>> > \rptWIPNotice600Series_" & Format([ReqDate], "mmddyyyy") & ".snp",
>> > False
>> >         DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "rptWIPNotice700Series_",
>> > acFormatSNP, "\\dbdm2\mogpublic\RepairCenter\WIPNotice
>> > \rptWIPNotice700Series_" & Format([ReqDate], "mmddyyyy") & ".snp",
>> > False
>> >         DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "rptWIPNotice800Series_",
>> > acFormatSNP, "\\dbdm2\mogpublic\RepairCenter\WIPNotice
>> > \rptWIPNotice800Series_" & Format([ReqDate], "mmddyyyy") & ".snp",
>> > False
>> >         DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport,
>> > "rptWIPNotice900Series_ReturnToWIP", acFormatSNP, "\\dbdm2\mogpublic
>> > \RepairCenter\WIPNotice\rptWIPNotice900Series_ReturnToWIP" &
>> > Format([ReqDate], "mmddyyyy") & ".snp", False
>> >
>> >     'Run Macro to create and email WIP Notice reports
>> >         'DoCmd.RunMacro "mcrCreateWIPNoticeReports"
>> >
>> >     'set the mail variables
>> >         strReciepient = "email address"
>> >         strSubject = "WIP Notice"
>> >         strMessageBody = "New GSL WIP Notice Reports have been created
>> > and are currently availabel on the MOGPUBLIC drive (\\dbdm2\mogpublic
>> > \RepairCenter\WIPNotice). These reports show Part Numbers that were
>> > picked from WIP and sent to Material Handling."
>> >     'send the report as a snapshot
>> >         DoCmd.SendObject , , , strReciepient, , , strSubject,
>> > strMessageBody, False
>> >
>> >     End If
>> >     Dim stLinkCriteria As String
>> >
>> >     DoCmd.OpenForm "frmMainMenu", , , stLinkCriteria
>> >     DoCmd.Close acForm, "frmUpdateWIPRequest"
>> >
>> > Exit_Command38_Click:
>> >     Exit Sub
>> >
>> > Err_Command38_Click:
>> >     MsgBox Err.Description
>> >     Resume Exit_Command38_Click
>> >
>> > End Sub
>> > 


0
Dale
11/24/2007 1:31:51 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Crystal Report 9.2.2!!!
Hello All, I have install crystal report 9 then I download crystal 9.2.2 and start the setup. first it uninstall crystal report 9 and then it starts installing 9.2.2 and ask the CD KEY I enter Crystal Report 9.0 CD key but it does not accept that KEY. How can I update Crystal 9.0 to Crystal 9.2.2??? Thanks in Advance, Naveed. recheck the key...you only need to install 9.2.2 then enter the 9.0 key -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Naveed" <nrehman@marsonssoft.com> wrote in message news:e%23...

Cash report template
Do you have any cash report template... Every day I 'm maintaing MIS of cash balance in all sources. Please help me in this...its urgent ...

Add the option to delete files in FRX report Launcher
The option to delete the FRD files after the report has been viewed, printed, or sent is availible in the report designer. This option is not availible int he report launcher and leaves the FRD file in the I/O Data folder. This can be a security risk for companies with multiple divisions if the user generating the reports forgets to set a password on the report, as anyone will be able to browse to the I/O data folder and view the report. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, c...

SQL Server Reporting Services Reports in Access
Using Access 2007 and SQL Server 2008. Is there a way to display SQL Server Reporting Services reports in Access 2007? If so, links to documentation/examples would be appreciated. -- AG Email: npATadhdataDOTcom Hi AG, No,there is no compatible interface for converting SSRS report to Access 2007 now.You may consider first export your SSRS report to an Excel file and then embed an OLE object "Microsoft Office Excel 97-2003 Worksheet". If you only need the data, you can directly import data from Excel to your Access database. Best regards, Charles Wa...

Renaming Reports
Hi We renamed the entity Cases to appear as Jobs in CRM. After renaming the attributes and system messages we renamed the reports. We renamed the Case Summary Table by directly accessing SQL reporting services and in the properties area we renamed the Case Summary Table to Job Summary Table. The change was visible in CRM and I have now read that we were supposed to rename the report in CRM and not in SQL Reporting Services. Will the fact that we directly renamed the report in SQL Reporting Services affect the rendering of the report? Thanks Mark ...

Data Migration Framework should allow custom entities
Data Migration Framework shoul allow importing data to custom entities. -- Luis Panzano Renacimiento Sistemas Microsoft GOLD Certified Partner http://lpanzano.spaces.live.com/ ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/...

change two lines of text data to one
when i extract data from a data base in text form, each record is on two lines. Every record is comprised of a number of fields separated by spaces. How do i spread each record onto a single line so that I can work with each individual field in access. Instead of exporting a text file, and opening it in Excel, maybe you can import directly from the other database to Access. the turtle wrote: > when i extract data from a data base in text form, each record is on two > lines. Every record is comprised of a number of fields separated by spaces. > How do i spread each record onto ...

How to retreive data from previous records
I would like to build a formula that allows me to go back 50 records in the database to locate and list how many records since the last time the farthest back of the 3 evaluated cells last occurred. example: ,,,,,,,,,,,,C42 9,,,,6,,,,2 ,,,,,,,,,,,,C48 0,,,,7,,,3 A49 7,,,,4,,,,1 A51 B51 C51 (The evaluated cells) 3,,,,7,,,,2 Therefore, the result would list 9, because from the cell values 3,7,2, #2 was the furtherest back in the last 50 records. It last occurred 9 records ago. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and po...

copy an access report to word
I want to export an Access report to Outlook email or MS Word. Right-click the table name > click Export... > select Rich Text Format as your Save as type: > Enter the file name if necessary > click Export "LD41" wrote: > I want to export an Access report to Outlook email or MS Word. ...

Is It Possible To Pass Parameters to A Pass Through Query
My assumption is that's it's not. At work I use ODBC to connect to our oracle database with Access 2003. There are cases where using a pass through query runs much much faster and I then use it in a make table query to make a local table. In access you can use brackets [] to have it ask for input. May I assume there is no way to do anything like that in a pass through query? Create a PassThrough query and use code to assign the SQL to this query filtering it with a parameter, and then run it e.g Dim MyVariable As Integer MyVariable = InputBox("Please select a Number&quo...

accde
Hi, I have some VBA that modifies a report's design. However, the code throws an exception on this line: DoCmd.OpenReport rpt_name, acViewDesign I understand the reason why, so here's my question: Q) How can my VBA code modify a report in an accde file? Thanks On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 22:26:01 -0800, Andy <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Q) How can my VBA code modify a report in an accde file? It can't. You must use an accdb. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] Hello, I have the same problem... and I create several reports... ...

accessing data from another document or tab
Is there any way to run functions with a range from a seperate page o tab in the same document -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi sure. e.g. =SUM('othersheetname'!A1:A100) Just enter the foormula name and select the range with your mouse (also on a different worksheet) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Is there any way to run functions with a range from a seperate page or > tab in the same document? > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Pass multiple selected values from list box to table
How do I pass multiple selected values from a list box to a table? I've found code to use the values as criteria in a query but would now like to store the values in a table (at least temporarily) thanks in advance. jack Pass selected values from a list box to a table? I don't really think you want to do this. Can you describe more about what you are trying to accomplish? You just store raw data in a table. You don't store manipulated data in a table. Maybe you need a query to do what you want to do... -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indi...

Automatically sending a daily report in word as an attachment
I hope you can help with this. I have a daily report that needs to be mailed to a co-worker. It is a simple list of clients served in a word 2003 document. I would like to automate the process. I right clicked on a toolbar and went to customize, I found the command send mail recipient as attachment and dragged the button to the standard toolbar. I assigned an email hyperlink to it. The button works perfectly as far as sending an email automatically but it doesn't send the contents of the document on the screen. I want the current document to be attached to the email as it is...

Can you use Crystal Standard to create reports in MS CRM?
If the Standard version of Crystal 9.2.2 doesn't allow for report creation, which version is required? Thanks for the help "astuartmills" <astuartmills@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6C33DEA-7BBC-4088-97E3-CFFDFF777622@microsoft.com... > If the Standard version of Crystal 9.2.2 doesn't allow for report > creation, > which version is required? Thanks for the help Either Crystal Developer or Crystal Professional Julian Hi Julian, Thank you for the follow up. "Julian Sharp" wrote: > > "astuartmills" &l...

about crystal report
my customer is trying to print all the time card report. on the crystal report, it is divided by weekly. and my customer cannot look back timecard report before 12/17/05 even she set the criteria to beginning data of 11/01/05 till today, she can't not see timecard report. does anyone had same problem? let me know how i can fix this. thanx. There is an Active Report for time clock in the Reports Library on Customer Source / Partner Source. It doesn't have the same layout as the crystal report, but it's easier to set the time period you need... -- -- Glenn Adams Tiber C...

Linked Reports Parameters
How I can pass data from CRM to a linked Report (such as parametrs to reporting services report: CRM_Url, CRM_FilterText etc). I need to pass entity data (for examle EntityId) on aspx page. This may be what you are looking for. I use it to pass Account ID, Opportunity ID's etc... to my RS reports from buttons in CRM created using the isv.config file. Running CRM - MS SQL Reporting Services (RS) from ISV button and passing in Account/Opportunity GUID parameters to report. Here is a method of running an RS report from CRM and passing in the GUID from the record you are on to the RS re...

How to pass an object from C++
Hello! We have a C# asp.net web application that is using a COM dll We use the tlbimp to be able to use the COM dll from C# asp.net web application The method InitRules shown below is located in the COM dll. It can be seen below the text Original. Method InitRules below is called from C# but we want to pass an object of type Handle_DS in addition to all the other parameters. You can see the modified InitRules below marked Modified Note the object of type Handle_DS is a C++ object that is created from C# asp.net application and pass into the InitRules I have also copied the whole idl fil...

UK VAT Reporting
UK regulations request that we report the value of EU tax transactions as though they were UK. As we currently have 4 rates (Standard, Lower, Zero and None) the EU tax rate setup at the moment, which allows for only 1 rate does not meet these requirements. By rights the EU should be tracked at Tax ID. UK VAT laws require you to show the VAT due bit not paid on all goods and related services you acquire from other EU member stated. As stated, the government require this to be at the same rate as though purchased in the UK. Legitimately purchased goods would be classed as having a Zero ta...

100% Passing Guaranteed in All I.T. Exams/Certifications at 1st Attempt Hi Friends, To pass all types of I.T Exams/Certifications with mind blowing results in 1st attempt just visit http://www.itreal
100% Passing Guaranteed in All I.T. Exams/Certifications at 1st Attempt Hi Friends, To pass all types of I.T Exams/Certifications with mind blowing results in 1st attempt just visit http://www.itrealexams.com/ and get real time Q&As, Brain Dumps, Real Exams, Study material, E-Books, Video Exams and Labs for your all type of I.T Certification Exams. ...

CRM 3.0 Duplicates report??
Hi, Somehow I think to have seen a blog/item about reports to display possible duplicate accounts in CRM 3.0. I just can't find it anymore. Does anybody have any information on this? Or did I recollect wrong? I do NOT need commercial offerings to have reports build or urls to commercial add-ons. Thanx for any info. Bertil Bertil, In CRM 3.0 you know there is no duplicate detection, the required thing you can achieve easily in CRM 4. But here is solution to achieve this in CRM 3 as well. You can write SRS report and AccountBase table to check the duplicate either title or na...

Automatic Data Sorting
I am wondering if there is an Excel formula for this problem of mine. All necessary/required data will be entered on Sheet 1 and the "sorte data" will be in either Sheet 2 or Sheet 3. Here are the given data (on Sheet 1): NAME CODE Smith 123 Jones 456 Ashby 123 Aaron 123 Brown 456 Kalvin 456 I need to sort the data according to the CODE. In other words, I woul like to have all names with code=123 to be automatically entered o Sheet 2. Sheet 2 (column A) entries will look like this: Smith Ashby Aaron In the same token, I would like to have all the names ...

Unable to add in a report
Hi, I need to add the orders based on customer id so in access03 I filter the data field as: =IIf([cust_id]=2;Sum([cust_id]);'') or =IIf([cust_id]=2;count([cust_id]);'') but don't work. Where do I err? TIA Ana Query in SQL05 -> access03 Ana wrote: >I need to add the orders based on customer id so in access03 I filter the >data field as: > >=IIf([cust_id]=2;Sum([cust_id]);'') or > >=IIf([cust_id]=2;count([cust_id]);'') but don't work. You should probably use a separate query to calculate all the totals and use that as t...

Finding data in grouped sheets
When using the 'find' option whilst workbook pages are grouped together I am getting data from the last page first, then the last but one etc. Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to change this so that it finds the data in the first possible page, ie it looks at page 3 before page 4 etc? What I am trying to do is set up a spreadsheet which finds the first 'vacancy' in a childrens nursery. As I have set it up at the moment it is finding the last vacancy first! All help greatly received! Thanks in advance. Susie Vaughan This may not quite fit, but you may find it very us...

Reporting #4
Hi, In SBS2003 there is a utility to send the admin an HTML email detailing current mailbox sizes and the %age growth, number of messages sent etc. I'd like to do this on Exchange 2003 servers (not SBS servers). Anyone any idea as to where I should start looking? Tim -- I never wish I was not what I was not when I didn't wish what I was not was not what I am not. I don't believe this is built into Exchange. Consider a third party solution: http://www.msexchange.org/news/MSExchangeorg-Readers-Choice-Award-Reporting-Fortis-Software-Exchange-Monitor-Jan06.html Nue &quo...