Blank text labels

All of my text label on a simple report come out blank.  Some are bound -
others are not, but none print.  All are set to visible-yes.

Pat Upshaw

0
Charles

All I can think of is the obvious: do the labels use the same color as the
background?

"Charles P. (Pat) Upshaw" wrote:

> All of my text label on a simple report come out blank.  Some are bound -
> others are not, but none print.  All are set to visible-yes.
>
> Pat Upshaw font

Finding text
I am using Excel 2007, I have a column containing formulas that would return a name if true and a zero if false. I want to search the column for the text entry and return that text as the answer. Can I do this or should the column formulas be changed to something else? The "T" formula seems to work only for one cell not the whole column. It's not real clear what you want to do. Here's my best guess... Assume you want to know if John is in the range. =IF(COUNTIF(A1:A100,"John"),"John","not found") Better to use a cell to hold the criter...

Delete blank rows Macro
Using MS Excel 2000. Help creating a macro please. I need to search the range A1:A10000 and if the cell is blank I want to delete the entire row. Thanks in advance. -- Richard "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD28F95E-58CF-4961-A3AD-E37FC68AE0F4@microsoft.com... > Using MS Excel 2000. > Help creating a macro please. > > I need to search the range A1:A10000 and if the cell is blank I want to > delete the entire row. > > Thanks in advance. > -- > Richard Something like Sub DeleteRowsIfBlank() Dim lrow as Long...

Text on a Circle, version 2
Howdy Folks! I've posted a new version of my text-on-a-circle generator. The new features allow you to: - Position text inside or outside of the circle - Change the direction that the text flows to clockwise or counter-clockwise - Shrink or grow the spacing between the characters for tighter or looser text You can find it here: Circular Text Generator (version 2) http://www.visguy.com/2008/01/05/circular-text-generator-version-2/ -- Enjoy, Chris Roth Visio MVP Register for the 2008 Microsoft Office Visio Conference! http://www.msvisioconference.com/ Visio Guy: Smart Graphi...

pi symbol as a chart label
Colleagues, Am i able to insert the Pi symbol in to an excel worksheet and use it in a chart Xaxis labels eg: pi/2,pi,3pi/2,2pi. If so what are the keystrokes please. thank you tyrone patterson pi can be displayed by typing lower-case "p" in Symbol font. -- Richard J. (to e-mail me, swap uk and yon in address) Tyrone Patterson wrote: > Colleagues, > > Am i able to insert the Pi symbol in to an excel worksheet > and use it in a chart Xaxis labels eg: pi/2,pi,3pi/2,2pi. > > If so what are the keystrokes please. > > thank you > > tyrone patterso...

Producing Avery labels in Excel
I have an excel document with approx 200 rows of info and 7 columns. the first three columns are name, street name and city - state- zip. I would like to export the first three column of each row into an Avery label. We need to do a mass mailing, how do I go about this. We are using Office 2002. Thanks. Anthony Anthony, do a mail merge to word For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source have a look here http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSo...

Report = Blank?
Hello, I have a report that I got from this forum, and when I use it, everything is fine. The problem I am currently having though is if say I try and generate the report using RegisterID & Date then I get a blank report...if I try one or the other, then I am fine...I pretty much tried every angle with RegisterID and with Date, and nothing...any advise would be great, as I have seen this happen with other reports as well, where the final outcome is a blank report. Thank You, Vince "When I run into problems, we more often than not fix them ourselves. Can't put a price on ...

Extracting Text from a Cell
I have a column in excell that has 1-4 names in each cell. I would like to extract the names into 4 seperate cells (column). The names are seperated by a comma and a soft return. I'd appreciate any help. Look at Data>Text To Columns -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Tony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2031101c4588f$bfe1f240$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have a column in excell that has 1-4 names in each cell. > I would like to extra...

Blank Cells #4
Hello, I am trying to do the following: 1 - In Cell A4 display the SUM of A1 + A2 + A3 if at least one of these cells is not empty. 2 - In Cell A6 display A5-A4 if both cells are not empty. How can I do this? Thank You, Miguel = Sum(A1:A3) ...and... =IF(AND(LEN(A5),LEN(A4)),A5-A4,"") -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware (free and commercial excel programs) "Shapper" <mdmoura@gmail.com> wrote in message news:25110584.2678.1325119728434.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@yqnd19... > Hello, > > I am trying to do ...

Deleting Blank Characters in a Cell
I have a list of names with email addresses of attendees of a seminar series that I am trying to compile into a list that can be copied and pasted into an email (using BCC as the methodology for emailing). The challenge that I have is that when these files were exported from the database to excel (not sure how), all of the cells contain exactly 100 characters even though the email address may only contain 13-20 characters. Is there a way to "trim" the blank characters after the last character that is used by a letter instead of blank character field? Thanks in advance! PZan --...

Blank .msg attachments
Here's an odd one, When an email has been forwarded to, or replyed to and is using the 'attach as attachment' option (as opposed to embed text), the message is delivered with attachment, but the attachment appears blank. It is only .msg attachments that have this problem, everything else gets thru fine (.doc, ..xls, .exe etc.) The attachment is 64bytes long, and has nothing in it. Exchange 2003, Windows 2003 and Outlook 2003 being used. Any ideas anyone? -- The man with no shoes. MCSE (W2K3, W2K), MCSA (W2K3, W2K), MCSE+I (NT4), CCNA + others.... All replies to group pleas...

How do I change the default background and text colour in outlook?
It is blue with white text. I can change this per email but I want it to default to black text on white background for ease. Thanks Ask your e-mail questions in a forum associated with your e-mail software. This one is for Word. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> &...

conditional formatting:highlight row based on blank or non-blank c
Does anyone know if, and how, is possible to use Conditional Formatting feature to automatically highlight the whole row if a specific cell in that row is non-blank (or blank)? Thank you! Hi, Yes, first select your row then in your conditional formatting select "formula is" from the drop down menu and type: =ISBLANK($A1)=FALSE or =ISBLANK($A1)=TRUE depending on weather you want the condition to apply when your cell is blank or non blank. HTH JG -- pinmaster ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum....

Counting With Blank Rows
Hi, If I have a column of numbers like this: 4 5 6 3 7 8 9 3 2 7 4 1 4 How do I count the number of items between the blanks so it will look like I have it in the example. The number to the right and bottom is the count. So, for the numbers 4,5 6 the count is three. For 7,8 9 the count is three and for the numbers 2,7,4,1 the count is four. Is there a way to do this withoug using a macro? Thanks. Hi, You need to use the "count" function. If the rows in your example are 1-12 and the column is A, for the first group you'd type in (in column B) "=count(a1:a...

I want a text box label in a header section
I have a report with a header section containing a detail section. I want to add a new text box to the detail section with a label above it in the Header. I try adding the control which gives me a label but I cannot move the label into the header how do I do so? Select the label control in design view and cut it to the clipboard. Then select the page header section and paste it in. Move it to the desired position and edit its Caption property if necessary. Ken Sheridan Stafford, England "Old Man River" wrote: > I have a report with a header section containing a detail ...

text converts
I'm filling out a budget worksheet at work and every time i try to type "NEX" in a cell it converts it to "NEXT", how can i turn this off? on my xl2002 tools>options>edit>autocomplete>uncheck or edit the correction list -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "jennber" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA8D2A68-2EA3-4827-8A57-99AB25ED1377@microsoft.com... > I'm filling out a budget worksheet at work and every time i try to type "NEX" in a cell it converts it to "NEXT", how can ...

Charting blanks as spaces
I know you can chart blank cells as spaces by clicking it in the options...this is a little different. The cell it is charting as an if function in it to display a blank cell. example: =if(D3="","",D5-D3) So when D3 is blank it should display in cell D6 a blank. But when it charts it, it charts it as a zero. I want it to chart it as a gap. I tried =if(D3="",NA(),D5-D3), This way i get a "#N/A" error in my cell, which i can hide through conditional formating. but when i click display>data labels>values in chart options it displays "#...

Word 2003 > 2007 Table issues
In the document where I removed the extra paragraph marks, I now have many tables with vertical text. If I make a column wider, it moves horizontal, but then I have a lot of extra space and it takes away from the previous columns width. I don't see if forcing a cell size. Also, I have many tables which are wider than the size of the page. Is there a way to fix that. Since I have large documents with the above issues, is there a way to globall fix it? Thanks! Of course, Autofit to Window will make the table fit the window... That would be a table by table item, though...

Reply text is not seen #2
When I send a calendar invite from Outlook 2003 (Stu Teach Ed) to my wife who uses Outlook 2000, when I open the reply e-mail, I cannot see any text that she types in her reply. We have tried this with other users in her office with the same result. This is strange since if I open her reply e-mail in IE 6 using my web-based e-mail I can see the reply text. It's only when I open it in Outlook 2003 that it cannot be seen. ...

Line chart, value labeling
I like to change line graph settings so that only one value will appea on the line (not all the values). I right clicked on the point on the line, selected format data series selected Data Labels tab, checked box Show Values. and then click ok. All the data values show up on the line. But, I like to see only on specific value. How do we do that -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, You need to select the line series and then select a single point before displaying the format dialog and enabling data labels. Cheers Andy NYBoy < wrote: > I like to change line graph s...

HTML and Plain Text
I have Outlook setup to send my messages in HTML, however, some people that reply send their response back as Plain Text. When I reply back then my signature and message is in Plain Text as well. This makes sense, but is there a way to tell it to respond to ALL messages in HTML and ignore Plain Text? Thanks. Ty Yes, but you should consider that if it was sent in plain text, the sender may not have the ability to read HTML - so your reply could be a problem. Many people send email using programs that can't deal with HTML code. The system tries to reply using the same method as w...

formatting a text column
Hi All, I'm receiving a spreadsheet which has a column in it with a 15 digit number. I import this spreadsheet into an Access database. Sometimes the 15 digit number is a number (internally), sometimes it has embedded spaces within it and is text (internally). When importing to Access, it assumes that the format for the column is consistant. When internal formats change, Access can't import that particular cell. I've tried selecting a range and using format cells, but that does not change the internal format, just the visible display. (But it does create an unwanted exponent...

Add Text to PDF Document
I have the free Adobe Reader. How can I add text to a document? If not possible is there any other free program which allows to add text? Sol You can't. I don't know if there are any *free* programs that will allow you to edit a .pdf. And if the file is set to not allow changes, you are SOL. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "S1L1Y1" <s1l1y1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23jyuDuCdKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have the free Adobe Reader. How can I add text to...

Generating bar code labels
How do I generate bar code labels for my merchandise (apparel)? Start with the label wizard (SO Manager - Wizards/Label Wizard) You can also create labels when you receive a PO, or from the item properties screen. A lot of the details of label printing are dependent on the printer you are using, so check out the areas above, then ask more detailed questions if you need to. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup s...

Text not consistantly appearing in adjacent cells
I have a multi page spread sheet where there are a few inconsistancies: (1) My pages have a header that spans several columns once it pulls in an organization's name. On most of the pages the header appears fine even though it displays over several columns. On a few of the pages the header only appears partially -- displaying only the characters that will fit in the column width of the cell containing the header. As all of the adjacent column cells the header appears next to are blank, I just merged all the cells to eliminate this problem, however on two of my sheets I made v...

Can I set a default text size and font for text boxes
I have to use lots of text boxes all with the same style and size of font. Can I change the default size to the one that I want without saving and pasting a blank box? Yes you can: Setting Text Defaults using Normal.pub by Brian Kvalheim http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/normal.pub -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Johnr" <Johnr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5670218D-5C8A-45DD-9F78-AED34ADC4429@microsoft.com... >I have to use lots of text boxes all with the same style and size of font. > Can I change the default size t...