Automatically name a report when exporting to PDF

Hello,

I have a form with a command button that opens my report in print
preview mode in Access 2007. When I click the Export to PDF/XPS
button, the default file name is the name of the actual report within
Access. I've used VBA to change the report caption to match a field on
my form called PROGRAM. However, this does not transfer over when I
want to save my report to pdf.

How can I make it so that when I click export to pdf/xps, the default
file name is named after a text box called PROGRAM?

Please let me know.

Thanks
0
shm135

I think you'd have to code a command button to do it, using the OutPutTo
method of the DoCmd object.  Check out the method in Help for more details.

Ken Sheridan
Stafford, England

shm135 wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have a form with a command button that opens my report in print
>preview mode in Access 2007. When I click the Export to PDF/XPS
>button, the default file name is the name of the actual report within
>Access. I've used VBA to change the report caption to match a field on
>my form called PROGRAM. However, this does not transfer over when I
>want to save my report to pdf.
>
>How can I make it so that when I click export to pdf/xps, the default
>file name is named after a text box called PROGRAM?
>
>Please let me know.
>
>Thanks

KenSheridan

Report on Serialized items passing through a site
I want to run a report on the history of any serialized transfers to / from a specific site. ...

End User Recovery Report?
Is there such a thing? I see that DPM 2007 has a Recovery report that only shows what has been done from the administrative console. However, I would love to show my management how much time we are getting back from users doing their own end user recovery. This seems like a great ROI feature. Is there any way to pull that information from DPM 2007? No , there is no way to get this data. Gaurav [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA89E9...

Automatic CC

Exporting Contacts
Exporting the address infomration does not record which address is the mailing address... Any way arround this? BK ...

Queries and Reports in 2000 to convert to 97 Access
1/ I have created queries and reports in Access 2000. How can I convert them down to 97 Access? 2/ When running forms, I get a message that says "Insufficient Memory" My PC has 240megs of RAM. What can be causing this? I have closed all other APPS and still get the same message. Please Help! Thanx Ash ...

Deleting Sheets Based on Name
Ive got a macro which makes a large number of sheets with information in them.... Ive then got another macro which gets all the information from those sheets.... the problem is... im then left with all the sheets.. and I really want to delete them..... Is there anyway to make a macro which would let me delete sheets.. based on their name..... all the ones i want to delete are called "cats (104)" or "cats (105)" etc etc..... there is one called "cats" which i want to keep.... so basically If it could someonie delete based on the term "cats (&quo...

Address Name on Contact and Account Entities
WHat is the purpose of this field on both of the entities? I can't come up with a good reason why it was deployed the way it is. Thanks Chris you might want to call one addres the contact's "Vacation" address or their "Home" or "Cottage" pretty weak, but that the best example I can come up with! Dave Ireland. "Chris Treanor" <ChrisTreanor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:351A37EA-3F21-413E-AF28-2862F74F15B7@microsoft.com... > WHat is the purpose of this field on both of the entities? I can't come up > wi...

merging name tags
After I merged name tags (eight on a page), I saved the file so I could clean up any names that weren't fitting properly. When I re-opened the file to print it, it printed out each name eight times on a page instead of eight different names on each page. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks!! Reset the merge data. Are you using a label template? Are you trying to merge with all eight labels on your screen? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx &qu...

Automatic axis format

msg:"name of imported entity already exists" should contain name
When I import an XML file that includes several modifications like entity renamings(should be ported back to an older setup status), the following error occured: "The name of the imported entity already exists. Please specify another name". It would be more easier to find what entity or attribute can not be added/renamed if there would be a way to configure the system for getting more detailed error information (what entity/ what attribute affected). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To v...

Help with printing one name on a report
On my Form that has No Record Source I have a Combo Box [cmbHorsePlanner] that has a row source SELECT qryHorseNameActive.HorseID, qryHorseNameActive.Name FROM qryHorseNameActive; And next to that Combo Box I have a Print control that prints my form that I only want the one name that I select from my Combo Box My Report is rptHorsePlanner, I suppose I will need a requery or Dirty so I can change selections to print a Report! Thanks for any Help...........Bob Bob, What is the Record Source of the report. Assuming your report is based on a query, then I think all you will need to do i...

Date and Time on Reports
How do I print the current/report date and time on reports as well as on receipt templates (POs, PORcv etc)? hi Alex, you can use the formula to translate the time: below is the code for you as example: (timesold is the datetime field) in RMs all transaction date field contain also time. Begin Column FieldName = "TimeSold" DrillDownFieldName = "" DrillDownReportName = "" StoreIDFieldName = "" Title = "Time Sold" VBDataType = vbString Formula = "replicate('0',2-len(cast(DatePart(Hh,[Transaction].Time) a...

How to restrict reports for each salespeople?
I need to give access to a few salespeople to their own Sales Open Order Report and Total Monthly Sales (through the Sales Document Range Inquiry) without them seeing each other's reports. What would be the best way to accomplish this? Thanks. -- HECTOR CARDENAS ...

Trouble exporting Report to Excel
How do you increase rows to output size? When exporting a 2000+ page report to Excel (97-2002 *xls), stops on page 412 with message stating: “There are too many rows to output, based on limitation specified by the output format or by Microsoft Access”. Using Access 2000 with Windows 2000 OS Excel has a hard-and-fast limit of 65536. When you export to Excel from a report, you usually get extraneous blank lines, so it's conceivable that you're hitting that limit. There's no way around it, other than to simply export the data (assuming less than 65536 rows) rather than the rep...

Cannot choose "series name" for label
Excel in Office XP offered the choice of "Series Name" "Category Name" or "Value" in the "Format Data Series" popup. Now I have Office 2007 and it seems that Excel has lost the ability to choose. It looks like the only option available is to "Add data labels" which unfortunately labels the series with the value and not the series name. Is there a way to add the series name or get around this (without manually tpying it in which I am doing now?) Hi, To specify the ranges/values for the series data, labels and names you can use Select Da...

customer summary report
1. I would like to print the customer summary report for all of the customers at the same time. I can print this report for one customer at a time from Inquiry>sales>Yearly summary. 2. I am looking at getting the YTD sales numbers for customers through smartlist or reports. Is this possible? Also what sql table holds this information. Check RM00103 and RM00104. Have you looked at the Period Sales Analysis report? -- Jim@TurboChef "Jack" wrote: > 1. I would like to print the customer summary report for all of the customers > at the same time. I can print this r...

Report Writer #8
How do I add the Report Option Name to a report? I would like to be able to add the name that is stored in the SY70300 (Report Option Names) table to the SOP Document Analysis Detail by Item Report and cannot figure out how to do this. ------=_NextPart_0001_706A0101 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit This won't be possible for several reasons. 1. The table itself does indeed does store report options for some reports, true, however there isn't anything in that table to link a report name to. Everything is indexed by number. 2. Assuming there was the rep...