Access command to select from multiple reports

I have a command button on a form that I want to use to print one or
two of four letters (reports) based on the criteria tied to the
persons account. Right now my statement is this:

Private Sub Print_Invitation_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_Print_Invitation_Click

    Dim stDocName As String
    Dim stLinkCriteria As String
    stDocName = "Evaluator Invitation Letters"
    DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, , , stlLinkCriteria

    stDocName = "FA Pre-Festival Evaluator Invitation Letters"
    DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, , , stlLinkCriteria

    stDocName = "KT Evaluator Invitation Letters"
    DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, , , stlLinkCriteria

    stDocName = "KT Pre-Festival Evaluator Invitation Letters"
    DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, , , stlLinkCriteria

Exit_Print_Invitation_Click:
    Exit Sub

Err_Print_Invitation_Click:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_Print_Invitation_Click

End Sub

I want it to only print the letter(s) that relate the the individual
account. Can this be done? (Bear with me, I don't know codes too well
yet!)
0
MuzicK622

You need to put the criteria for selecting the accounts in the
strLinkCriteria variable.
It should be like an SQL Where clause without the word Where.  For example,
let's say you have a text box on your form that has the Account number and a
field in your table name AccountNo.  It would be:

strLinkCriteria = "AccountNo = '" & Me.txtAccountNo & "'"

The syntax above assumes AccountNo is a text field.  If it is a numeric field:

strLinkCriteria = "AccountNo = " & Me.txtAccountNo
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

On Dec 13, 9:30 am, Klatuu <Kla...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> You need to put the criteria for selecting the accounts in the
> strLinkCriteria variable.
> It should be like an SQL Where clause without the word Where.  For example,
> let's say you have a text box on your form that has the Account number and a
> field in your table name AccountNo.  It would be:
>
> strLinkCriteria = "AccountNo = '" & Me.txtAccountNo & "'"
>
> The syntax above assumes AccountNo is a text field.  If it is a numeric field:
>
> strLinkCriteria = "AccountNo = " & Me.txtAccountNo
> --
> Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "MuzicK...@yahoo.com" wrote:
> > I have a command button on a form that I want to use to print one or
> > two of four letters (reports) based on the criteria tied to the
> > persons account. Right now my statement is this:
>
> > Private Sub Print_Invitation_Click()
> > On Error GoTo Err_Print_Invitation_Click
>
> >     Dim stDocName As String
> >     Dim stLinkCriteria As String
> >     stDocName = "Evaluator Invitation Letters"
> >     DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, , , stlLinkCriteria
>
> >     stDocName = "FA Pre-Festival Evaluator Invitation Letters"
> >     DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, , , stlLinkCriteria
>
> >     stDocName = "KT Evaluator Invitation Letters"
> >     DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, , , stlLinkCriteria
>
> >     stDocName = "KT Pre-Festival Evaluator Invitation Letters"
> >     DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, , , stlLinkCriteria
>
> > Exit_Print_Invitation_Click:
> >     Exit Sub
>
> > Err_Print_Invitation_Click:
> >     MsgBox Err.Description
> >     Resume Exit_Print_Invitation_Click
>
> > End Sub
>
> > I want it to only print the letter(s) that relate the the individual
> > account. Can this be done? (Bear with me, I don't know codes too well
> > yet!)- Hide quoted text -

Sorry - clicked the wrong reply first!!!
I plugged in your code and changed it to my field name:

DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, , , strLinkCriteria "Field1 = " &
Me.txtField1

This gives me an error of Compile error:
Expected:end of statement. Did I leave something out?
0
MuzicK622
12/13/2007 4:13:21 PM
On Dec 13, 9:30 am, Klatuu <Kla...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> You need to put the criteria for selecting the accounts in the
> strLinkCriteria variable.
> It should be like an SQL Where clause without the word Where.  For example,
> let's say you have a text box on your form that has the Account number and a
> field in your table name AccountNo.  It would be:
>
> strLinkCriteria = "AccountNo = '" & Me.txtAccountNo & "'"
>
> The syntax above assumes AccountNo is a text field.  If it is a numeric field:
>
> strLinkCriteria = "AccountNo = " & Me.txtAccountNo
> --
> Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "MuzicK...@yahoo.com" wrote:
> > I have a command button on a form that I want to use to print one or
> > two of four letters (reports) based on the criteria tied to the
> > persons account. Right now my statement is this:
>
> > Private Sub Print_Invitation_Click()
> > On Error GoTo Err_Print_Invitation_Click
>
> >     Dim stDocName As String
> >     Dim stLinkCriteria As String
> >     stDocName = "Evaluator Invitation Letters"
> >     DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, , , stlLinkCriteria
>
> >     stDocName = "FA Pre-Festival Evaluator Invitation Letters"
> >     DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, , , stlLinkCriteria
>
> >     stDocName = "KT Evaluator Invitation Letters"
> >     DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, , , stlLinkCriteria
>
> >     stDocName = "KT Pre-Festival Evaluator Invitation Letters"
> >     DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, , , stlLinkCriteria
>
> > Exit_Print_Invitation_Click:
> >     Exit Sub
>
> > Err_Print_Invitation_Click:
> >     MsgBox Err.Description
> >     Resume Exit_Print_Invitation_Click
>
> > End Sub
>
> > I want it to only print the letter(s) that relate the the individual
> > account. Can this be done? (Bear with me, I don't know codes too well
> > yet!)- Hide quoted text -

ok, scratch my last message(s) please! I realized that I had left out
an =. however with this string:
DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, , , strLinkCriteria = "Field1 = " &
Me.txtField1
It is giving me "Method or data member not found" it is a number field
so would I still use the ".txt"?
0
MuzicK622
12/13/2007 4:20:30 PM
That is not correct.
It should be:

    strLinkCriteria = "Field1 = " & Me.txtField1
    DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, , , strLinkCriteria

Your syntax says Field1 is a numeric field.  It it is a text field, the
first line would be

On Dec 13, 10:22 am, Klatuu <Kla...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> That is not correct.
> It should be:
>
>     strLinkCriteria = "Field1 = " & Me.txtField1
>     DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, , , strLinkCriteria
>
> Your syntax says Field1 is a numeric field.  It it is a text field, the
> first line would be
>     strLinkCriteria = "Field1 = '" & Me.txtField1 & "'"
> --
> Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "MuzicK...@yahoo.com" wrote:
> > On Dec 13, 9:30 am, Klatuu <Kla...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > You need to put the criteria for selecting the accounts in the
> > > strLinkCriteria variable.
> > > It should be like an SQL Where clause without the word Where.  For example,
> > > let's say you have a text box on your form that has the Account number and a
> > > field in your table name AccountNo.  It would be:
>
> > > strLinkCriteria = "AccountNo = '" & Me.txtAccountNo & "'"
>
> > > The syntax above assumes AccountNo is a text field.  If it is a numeric field:
>
> > > strLinkCriteria = "AccountNo = " & Me.txtAccountNo
> > > --
> > > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

> > Sorry - clicked the wrong reply first!!!
> > I plugged in your code and changed it to my field name:
>
> > DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, , , strLinkCriteria "Field1 = " &
> > Me.txtField1
>
> > This gives me an error of Compile error:
> > Expected:end of statement. Did I leave something out?- Hide quoted text -

I must still be doing something wrong. It is still printing all four
reports, but not the entirety of each report;yeah for small steps! I
am getting the one report that I want, but one page from each of the
other reports that give the #error in the fields. Is there a way to
tell the reports that do not relate to this one ID not to print?

Here again, is my revised code:
Private Sub Print_Invitation_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_Print_Invitation_Click

    Dim stDocName As String
    Dim stLinkCriteria As String

    stDocName = "Evaluator Invitation Letters"
    strLinkCriteria = "Field1 = " & Me![Field1]
    DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, , , strLinkCriteria

    stDocName = "FA Pre-Festival Evaluator Invitation Letters"
    strLinkCriteria = "Field1 = " & Me![Field1]
    DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, , , strLinkCriteria

    stDocName = "KT Evaluator Invitation Letters"
    strLinkCriteria = "Field1 = " & Me![Field1]
    DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, , , strLinkCriteria

    stDocName = "KT Pre-Festival Evaluator Invitation Letters"
    strLinkCriteria = "Field1 = " & Me![Field1]
    DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, , , strLinkCriteria

Exit_Print_Invitation_Click:
    Exit Sub

Err_Print_Invitation_Click:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_Print_Invitation_Click

End Sub
0
MuzicK622
12/13/2007 4:42:32 PM
On Dec 13, 10:42 am, MuzicK...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Dec 13, 10:22 am, Klatuu <Kla...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>

> > That is not correct.
> > It should be:
>
> >     strLinkCriteria = "Field1 = " & Me.txtField1
> >     DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, , , strLinkCriteria
>
> > Your syntax says Field1 is a numeric field.  It it is a text field, the
> > first line would be
> >     strLinkCriteria = "Field1 = '" & Me.txtField1 & "'"
> > --
> > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

> > > Sorry - clicked the wrong reply first!!!
> > > I plugged in your code and changed it to my field name:
>
> > > DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, , , strLinkCriteria "Field1 = " &
> > > Me.txtField1
>
> > > This gives me an error of Compile error:
> > > Expected:end of statement. Did I leave something out?- Hide quoted text -

> I must still be doing something wrong. It is still printing all four
> reports, but not the entirety of each report;yeah for small steps! I
> am getting the one report that I want, but one page from each of the
> other reports that give the #error in the fields. Is there a way to
> tell the reports that do not relate to this one ID not to print?
>
> Here again, is my revised code:
> Private Sub Print_Invitation_Click()
> On Error GoTo Err_Print_Invitation_Click
>
>     Dim stDocName As String
>     Dim stLinkCriteria As String
>
>     stDocName = "Evaluator Invitation Letters"
>     strLinkCriteria = "Field1 = " & Me![Field1]
>     DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, , , strLinkCriteria
>
>     stDocName = "FA Pre-Festival Evaluator Invitation Letters"
>     strLinkCriteria = "Field1 = " & Me![Field1]
>     DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, , , strLinkCriteria
>
>     stDocName = "KT Evaluator Invitation Letters"
>     strLinkCriteria = "Field1 = " & Me![Field1]
>     DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, , , strLinkCriteria
>
>     stDocName = "KT Pre-Festival Evaluator Invitation Letters"
>     strLinkCriteria = "Field1 = " & Me![Field1]
>     DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, , , strLinkCriteria
>
> Exit_Print_Invitation_Click:
>     Exit Sub
>
> Err_Print_Invitation_Click:
>     MsgBox Err.Description
>     Resume Exit_Print_Invitation_Click
>
> End Sub- Hide quoted text -

Also - I entered the text the way you showed it, but when I closed it,
it converted to the ![] expression... Is that normal?

0
MuzicK622
12/13/2007 4:48:37 PM
If it changed the syntax, then it need it like that,  not to worry.

You can use the NoData event of the report to close it

Private Sub Report_NoData(Cancel As Integer)
    Cancel = True
End Sub

When you do this, you will get an error 2501 in your code, so you need to
add to your code to allow this error.  At the beginning of the procedure,

  On Error Resume Next.

Then after each OpenReprt statement:

    If err.Number <> 2501 Then
        MsgBox err.Number & " " & Err.Description
        Exit Sub (or function)
    End If

--

On Dec 13, 11:04 am, Klatuu <Kla...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> If it changed the syntax, then it need it like that,  not to worry.
>
> You can use the NoData event of the report to close it
>
> Private Sub Report_NoData(Cancel As Integer)
>     Cancel = True
> End Sub
>
> When you do this, you will get an error 2501 in your code, so you need to
> add to your code to allow this error.  At the beginning of the procedure,
>
>   On Error Resume Next.
>
> Then after each OpenReprt statement:
>
>     If err.Number <> 2501 Then
>         MsgBox err.Number & " " & Err.Description
>         Exit Sub (or function)
>     End If
>
> --
> Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "MuzicK...@yahoo.com" wrote:

> > > I must still be doing something wrong. It is still printing all four
> > > reports, but not the entirety of each report;yeah for small steps! I
> > > am getting the one report that I want, but one page from each of the
> > > other reports that give the #error in the fields. Is there a way to
> > > tell the reports that do not relate to this one ID not to print?
>
> > > Here again, is my revised code:
> > > Private Sub Print_Invitation_Click()
> > > On Error GoTo Err_Print_Invitation_Click
>
> > >     Dim stDocName As String
> > >     Dim stLinkCriteria As String
>
> > >     stDocName = "Evaluator Invitation Letters"
> > >     strLinkCriteria = "Field1 = " & Me![Field1]
> > >     DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, , , strLinkCriteria
>
> > >     stDocName = "FA Pre-Festival Evaluator Invitation Letters"
> > >     strLinkCriteria = "Field1 = " & Me![Field1]
> > >     DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, , , strLinkCriteria
>
> > >     stDocName = "KT Evaluator Invitation Letters"
> > >     strLinkCriteria = "Field1 = " & Me![Field1]
> > >     DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, , , strLinkCriteria
>
> > >     stDocName = "KT Pre-Festival Evaluator Invitation Letters"
> > >     strLinkCriteria = "Field1 = " & Me![Field1]
> > >     DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, , , strLinkCriteria
>
> > > Exit_Print_Invitation_Click:
> > >     Exit Sub
>
> > > Err_Print_Invitation_Click:
> > >     MsgBox Err.Description
> > >     Resume Exit_Print_Invitation_Click
>
> > > End Sub- Hide quoted text -

> > Also - I entered the text the way you showed it, but when I closed it,
> > it converted to the ![] expression... Is that normal?- Hide quoted text -

Mr. Hargis, you are my hero! Thank you for all of your assistance and
your patience with a wanna be access programmer! It works perfectly
now.
0
MuzicK622
12/13/2007 5:31:06 PM
Glad I could help.
--

"MuzicK622@yahoo.com" wrote:

> On Dec 13, 11:04 am, Klatuu <Kla...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > If it changed the syntax, then it need it like that,  not to worry.
> >
> > You can use the NoData event of the report to close it
> >
> > Private Sub Report_NoData(Cancel As Integer)
> >     Cancel = True
> > End Sub
> >
> > When you do this, you will get an error 2501 in your code, so you need to
> > add to your code to allow this error.  At the beginning of the procedure,
> >
> >   On Error Resume Next.
> >
> > Then after each OpenReprt statement:
> >
> >     If err.Number <> 2501 Then
> >         MsgBox err.Number & " " & Err.Description
> >         Exit Sub (or function)
> >     End If
> >
> > --
> > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

> > > Also - I entered the text the way you showed it, but when I closed it,
> > > it converted to the ![] expression... Is that normal?- Hide quoted text -

> Mr. Hargis, you are my hero! Thank you for all of your assistance and
> your patience with a wanna be access programmer! It works perfectly
> now.

Restricting access to note attachments

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

remove from drowdown when selected
I have a form with a sub form. Main form link to sub is based on the project number id. The sub form has a dropdown of project risks. The user adds as many risks to the sub form as applies to the project. When the user chooses a risk from the drop down, I do not want it to no longer show in the list. When a different project is chosen in the main form, the sub form shows the risk that were selected pertaining to that project, and the dropdown only displays the risks that have not been chosen for that project. When a new project is entered, all risks are in the dropdown. By showing o...

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Excel Row to Access Columns

Access

access mail on WEB

access or mount mirrored hard disks

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Access Database In Great Plains

Turn off MO
I would like to be able to turn off the Manufacturing Order - Sales Order Cross-reference report that prints after posting an MO receipt. Every time I post an MO Receipt I have to cancel out of the report. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.mic...

Change cell shading of selected table
Dear Experts: I would like to have below macro altered to achieve the following in a table with several different shadings of different colours: - the RGB values (Red, Blue, Green) is to be taken from the currently selected cell and then - ... inserted into the <SelectedCellShading> part of below macro Is this feasible? Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas Sub Change_Shading_SelectedTable() Dim oTable As Table Dim aCell As Cell Set oTable = Selection.Tables(1) With oTable For Each aCell In oTable.Range.Cells ...

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Outlook Web Access #19

Accounting with Ms Access

How do I Click a Command Button on another protected spreadsheet from mine?
I need to copy information from my spreadsheet to another 3rd party protected spreadsheet and Click a Command Button on it, and then the Start button when it appears. And then maybe enter info into a login screen if I'm not connected to the internet, because it goes to a Government site to return information into the spreadsheet. Is there any way of doing this? Thanks now for any help. ...

Tab-delimited or CVS report output
If I recall in a previous version of Money I was able to "print" a report to a tab-delimited file. I'm looking into Money 2007, and cannot find that capability. Is there a way to print out either a tab-delimited or comma-delimited Account Balances report in 2007. Thanks, JimW Yes. Be sure and use Advanced Reports. Get the report customized the way you want. There's an Export to Excel choice over to the left. It'll generate ..CSV. There's also a Send to... pullout over there that offers some other choices. There's also an Export and Export to Excel cho...

BP3 Site Settings access

Excel to Access
Hi group, quick question. If I have a macro to upload some Excel data into Access, can this macro be used by a user without Access installed on its PC???? The Access database is located in a shared drive, the Excel is stored in the user's PC. ....And same thing in the other way, can a user without Access import from Excel some Access info?? Versions are Excel 2003 and Access 2002. Thanks in advance, Cecilia Can you buy Excel without buying the entire Microsoft Office Suite? I'm not sure if there are variations in the way microsoft sells products in different countries s...

Access Levels
Hi I am having real difficulty in getting the access levels to work as I want them. Basically I want to control access at the Business Unit level. However, how do I know which business unit a specific account record belongs to? As far as I can see it is determined by the owner of the record and their corresponding Business Unit. Is this correct? Thanks You are correct. The record is only tied to the BU through the owner. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 26 May 2004 06:51:29 -0700, l.hargrave@btinternet.com (Lee) wrote: Hi I ...

Access and Accessibility
Does anyone know of a good resource for information about developing accessible applications using Microsoft Access 2003 or 2007? "Risikio" <Risikio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BF54007-6C65-444E-BC25-84C90173AE8F@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know of a good resource for information about developing > accessible applications using Microsoft Access 2003 or 2007? As far as I know, all the Windows accessibility features are available in Office. Speech recognition improves with each version. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://w...