Access 2007: Report>OnNoData Function

In access 2000, I was able to use "docmd.cancel" after a message box in the
OnNoData function to get a message box to display, but otherwise return to
the calling form.

In Access 2007, however, this displays the message box, and then gives me an
error message on top of it.  I've also tried "Cancel=True".  I'm new to this
version of Access.  Has something Changed, here?

Thanks in Advance
bh

0
bh

Using the CancelEvent action in a macro, or setting the Cancel argument to
True in code - both approaches should work in A2007.

"bh" <NoSpam@ReplyToGroup.com> wrote in message
> In access 2000, I was able to use "docmd.cancel" after a message box in
> the OnNoData function to get a message box to display, but otherwise
> return to the calling form.
>
> In Access 2007, however, this displays the message box, and then gives me
> an error message on top of it.  I've also tried "Cancel=True".  I'm new to
> this version of Access.  Has something Changed, here?
>
> Thanks in Advance
> bh

0
Allen
9/29/2007 3:09:34 AM
Unfortunately neither method works, that is why I posted the question.  The
only workaround I can find is an "on error" trapping of error number 2501
from the form that calls the report, with a "resume next".  Thanks for
trying, though.

bh

> Using the CancelEvent action in a macro, or setting the Cancel argument to
> True in code - both approaches should work in A2007.

> "bh" <NoSpam@ReplyToGroup.com> wrote in message
>> In access 2000, I was able to use "docmd.cancel" after a message box in
>> the OnNoData function to get a message box to display, but otherwise
>> return to the calling form.
>>
>> In Access 2007, however, this displays the message box, and then gives me
>> an error message on top of it.  I've also tried "Cancel=True".  I'm new
>> to this version of Access.  Has something Changed, here?
>>
>> Thanks in Advance
>> bh

0
bh
10/1/2007 4:02:05 PM
In any version of Access, when you use OpenReport() and the report does not
open (e.g. the user cancels it because it took ages to open, or the Open
event was cancelled, or the NoData event was cancelled), Access has the good
sense to notify you that it did not proceed so the code does not merrily
execute on the assumption that the report is now open. Error 2501 is how it
does this. Error trapping is the correct solution.

What I personally do is to use my own function to open reports. It returns
True the report opened, False if it did not. Therefore you can just:
    Call OpenTheReport("Report1")
if you don't care, without having to trap for error 2501 everywhere.

The function also has a few other modifications, which may or may not be
useful for you. If it's any use, you're welcome to it here:
    http://allenbrowne.com/AppPrintMgtCode.html#OpenTheReport

> Unfortunately neither method works, that is why I posted the question.
> The only workaround I can find is an "on error" trapping of error number
> 2501 from the form that calls the report, with a "resume next".  Thanks
> for trying, though.
>
> bh
>
> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message
>> Using the CancelEvent action in a macro, or setting the Cancel argument
>> to True in code - both approaches should work in A2007.
>>
>> "bh" <NoSpam@ReplyToGroup.com> wrote in message
>>> In access 2000, I was able to use "docmd.cancel" after a message box in
>>> the OnNoData function to get a message box to display, but otherwise
>>> return to the calling form.
>>>
>>> In Access 2007, however, this displays the message box, and then gives
>>> me an error message on top of it.  I've also tried "Cancel=True".  I'm
>>> new to this version of Access.  Has something Changed, here?
>>>
>>> Thanks in Advance
>>> bh

0
Allen

Restricting access to note attachments

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Excel Row to Access Columns

Access

access mail on WEB

access or mount mirrored hard disks

word 2007 document prints every other line of text.
word 2007 document started printing every other line of type as of yesterday. Document shows okay in print preview, but prints incorrectly. If Print Preview appears OK and you are using an Inkjet printer, I would suspect that you have a problem with the ink nozzles in the printer. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "bh" <bh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2A0B201-CA31-4482-B538-B...

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Access Database In Great Plains

Functional or Originating Currency when printing Historical SOP In
I am going to Inquiry-Sales-Transaction by CUstomer and pulling up a Historical Sales Order Processing Invoice and when I go to File-Print it gives me the error that "You must be viewing by Functional or Originating currency to print a document." I am not registered for MC so I cannot change how to print the invoice. I am running GP 9.0 with SQL. I have reviewed KnowledgeBase article 854925 and using Query Analyzer changed the VIEWTYPE to 3 for all entries where SERIES = 2. This did not fix the problem. However, I can print the document if I go through Transactions by Documen...

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Outlook Web Access #19

Mocrosoft Outlook 2007
I have had my computer for about 3 months and all of the sudden everytime I reply to an email in Outlook it freezes up the whole program. The only way to unfreeze it is to restart my computer. Any help out there. I have a Dell desktop wtih Vista. Do you have a program called Outlookaddinsetup in Control = Panel->Programs->Uninstall? If yes, uninstall it. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Donovan ask...

Reporting on MS Project Server in java
Hello, I am trying to use MS Project server PSI in java. I could create java stubs by using the wsdl. Now if I want to see all the projects, I couldn' find any API in the Project Web Service. I couldn't find any help related to the same. Is there any way where I can get list of Projects availaible in MS Project Server or do I need to go through the reporting database route? I wanted to use the WEB SERVICE route as I dont have to worry about the security. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Milind. Milind: The correct place to ask developer questions ...

Accounting with Ms Access

BP3 Site Settings access

Tab-delimited or CVS report output
If I recall in a previous version of Money I was able to "print" a report to a tab-delimited file. I'm looking into Money 2007, and cannot find that capability. Is there a way to print out either a tab-delimited or comma-delimited Account Balances report in 2007. Thanks, JimW Yes. Be sure and use Advanced Reports. Get the report customized the way you want. There's an Export to Excel choice over to the left. It'll generate ..CSV. There's also a Send to... pullout over there that offers some other choices. There's also an Export and Export to Excel cho...

How do I print query parameters on the report?
I'll try to keep this short. I have created a query with multiple parameters. I want to print reports showing invoices to a specified customer between certain dates. When I run the query, it is set up to enter the customer name first, and then type the beginning date of the invoice period, and then type the ending date of the invoice period. I have that part down okay. When I print the report, I want the date parameters that I typed in for the query to appear on the printed report. I created a text box in Design View on the report, and for the Control Source, I entered the sam...

Excel to Access
Hi group, quick question. If I have a macro to upload some Excel data into Access, can this macro be used by a user without Access installed on its PC???? The Access database is located in a shared drive, the Excel is stored in the user's PC. ....And same thing in the other way, can a user without Access import from Excel some Access info?? Versions are Excel 2003 and Access 2002. Thanks in advance, Cecilia Can you buy Excel without buying the entire Microsoft Office Suite? I'm not sure if there are variations in the way microsoft sells products in different countries s...

Access Levels
Hi I am having real difficulty in getting the access levels to work as I want them. Basically I want to control access at the Business Unit level. However, how do I know which business unit a specific account record belongs to? As far as I can see it is determined by the owner of the record and their corresponding Business Unit. Is this correct? Thanks You are correct. The record is only tied to the BU through the owner. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 26 May 2004 06:51:29 -0700, l.hargrave@btinternet.com (Lee) wrote: Hi I ...