Access 2003 Running Sum Question

I have a report and sub-report that have running sums, one calculating
Material In, the other calculating Material Out. I added a text box to
calculate the inventory on hand (=Material In - Material Out). It works, but
it pulls the first running sum calculation, not the last. It looks somewhat
like below. Is there a way to get the Mat'l. Out Running sum to pull the
latest amount by date or something? Any help is greatly appreciated.
THANKS!!!!

Material In
4/4/10      250 ft       Running Sum Mat'l. In
                                          250 ft
Material Out             Running Sum Mat'l. Out
4/7/10      125 ft                125 ft
4/10/10    100 ft                225 ft

  Amount in Stock

125 ft (Should be 25 ft)

You shouldn't need to use the running sum values in this calculation. I would
think you could use something like:
=Sum(Abs([InOutField]="Material In") * [Qtyfield]) -
Sum(Abs([InOutField]="Material Out") * [Qtyfield])

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"tsquared1518" wrote:

> I have a report and sub-report that have running sums, one calculating
> Material In, the other calculating Material Out. I added a text box to
> calculate the inventory on hand (=Material In - Material Out). It works, but
> it pulls the first running sum calculation, not the last. It looks somewhat
> like below. Is there a way to get the Mat'l. Out Running sum to pull the
> latest amount by date or something? Any help is greatly appreciated.
> THANKS!!!!
>
> Material In
> 4/4/10      250 ft       Running Sum Mat'l. In
>                                           250 ft
> Material Out             Running Sum Mat'l. Out
> 4/7/10      125 ft                125 ft
> 4/10/10    100 ft                225 ft
>

>   Amount in Stock
>
> 125 ft (Should be 25 ft)

I'm not sure I follow your suggestion. Maybe a pic of the actual report will
help explain my issue. I hope this works.

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz64/tsquared1518/4-28-20102-31-58PM.jpg

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> You shouldn't need to use the running sum values in this calculation. I would
> think you could use something like:
> =Sum(Abs([InOutField]="Material In") * [Qtyfield]) -
> Sum(Abs([InOutField]="Material Out") * [Qtyfield])
>
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "tsquared1518" wrote:
>
> > I have a report and sub-report that have running sums, one calculating
> > Material In, the other calculating Material Out. I added a text box to
> > calculate the inventory on hand (=Material In - Material Out). It works, but
> > it pulls the first running sum calculation, not the last. It looks somewhat
> > like below. Is there a way to get the Mat'l. Out Running sum to pull the
> > latest amount by date or something? Any help is greatly appreciated.
> > THANKS!!!!
> >
> > Material In
> > 4/4/10      250 ft       Running Sum Mat'l. In
> >                                           250 ft
> > Material Out             Running Sum Mat'l. Out
> > 4/7/10      125 ft                125 ft
> > 4/10/10    100 ft                225 ft
> >

> >   Amount in Stock
> >
> > 125 ft (Should be 25 ft)

That looks nothing like your first post. How about using words in here to
explain what we would see if we could see your monitor?

--
Duane Hookom
MS Access MVP

"tsquared1518" <tsquared1518@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm not sure I follow your suggestion. Maybe a pic of the actual report
> will
> help explain my issue. I hope this works.
>
> http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz64/tsquared1518/4-28-20102-31-58PM.jpg
>

> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>
>> You shouldn't need to use the running sum values in this calculation. I
>> would
>> think you could use something like:
>> =Sum(Abs([InOutField]="Material In") * [Qtyfield]) -
>> Sum(Abs([InOutField]="Material Out") * [Qtyfield])
>>
>> --
>> Duane Hookom
>> Microsoft Access MVP
>>

>> "tsquared1518" wrote:
>>
>> > I have a report and sub-report that have running sums, one calculating
>> > Material In, the other calculating Material Out. I added a text box to
>> > calculate the inventory on hand (=Material In - Material Out). It
>> > works, but
>> > it pulls the first running sum calculation, not the last. It looks
>> > somewhat
>> > like below. Is there a way to get the Mat'l. Out Running sum to pull
>> > the
>> > latest amount by date or something? Any help is greatly appreciated.
>> > THANKS!!!!
>> >
>> > Material In
>> > 4/4/10      250 ft       Running Sum Mat'l. In
>> >                                           250 ft
>> > Material Out             Running Sum Mat'l. Out
>> > 4/7/10      125 ft                125 ft
>> > 4/10/10    100 ft                225 ft
>> >

>> >   Amount in Stock
>> >
>> > 125 ft (Should be 25 ft)

0
Duane
4/29/2010 1:30:42 AM
Sorry, I was trying to keep it as simple as I could in the first post. The
pic shows what my screen (report) looks like. Basically, I want to subtract
the last value on the bottom right of the subreport, which is the running sum
of material out, from the value for Running Sum of Material IN (only 1 value
on page in pic) to get the correct value for the Amount in Stock.  As you can
see from the pic, its currently pulling the first value (top right in
subreport, 3). So the Amount in Stock should be -106.833 (1350-1456.833).
Anyone know how to accomplish this?

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> That looks nothing like your first post. How about using words in here to
> explain what we would see if we could see your monitor?
>
> --
> Duane Hookom
> MS Access MVP
>

> "tsquared1518" <tsquared1518@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm not sure I follow your suggestion. Maybe a pic of the actual report
> > will
> > help explain my issue. I hope this works.
> >
> > http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz64/tsquared1518/4-28-20102-31-58PM.jpg
> >

> > "Duane Hookom" wrote:
> >
> >> You shouldn't need to use the running sum values in this calculation. I
> >> would
> >> think you could use something like:
> >> =Sum(Abs([InOutField]="Material In") * [Qtyfield]) -
> >> Sum(Abs([InOutField]="Material Out") * [Qtyfield])
> >>
> >> --
> >> Duane Hookom
> >> Microsoft Access MVP

So, there is a subreport involved in this also?
Can you just tell us about your data and how you determine In and Out? Is
this stored in the table?

I really don't think you should have to use a running sum to get the Net
value.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"tsquared1518" wrote:

> Sorry, I was trying to keep it as simple as I could in the first post. The
> pic shows what my screen (report) looks like. Basically, I want to subtract
> the last value on the bottom right of the subreport, which is the running sum
> of material out, from the value for Running Sum of Material IN (only 1 value
> on page in pic) to get the correct value for the Amount in Stock.  As you can
> see from the pic, its currently pulling the first value (top right in
> subreport, 3). So the Amount in Stock should be -106.833 (1350-1456.833).
> Anyone know how to accomplish this?
>

> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>
> > That looks nothing like your first post. How about using words in here to
> > explain what we would see if we could see your monitor?
> >
> > --
> > Duane Hookom
> > MS Access MVP
> >

> > "tsquared1518" <tsquared1518@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I'm not sure I follow your suggestion. Maybe a pic of the actual report
> > > will
> > > help explain my issue. I hope this works.
> > >
> > > http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz64/tsquared1518/4-28-20102-31-58PM.jpg

That is correct, a subreport is involved. The data is stored in 2 separate
tables. The "Material In" is the material we order from our supplier to make
our products. It is checked upon arrival, and results are stored in a table.
The second table is Work Orders. This is the "Material Out", which is what's
shown in the subreport. For each order, we record details of the product
being made, and keep track of the total amount of material used on each
order.

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> So, there is a subreport involved in this also?
> Can you just tell us about your data and how you determine In and Out? Is
> this stored in the table?
>
> I really don't think you should have to use a running sum to get the Net
> value.
>
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "tsquared1518" wrote:
>
> > Sorry, I was trying to keep it as simple as I could in the first post. The
> > pic shows what my screen (report) looks like. Basically, I want to subtract
> > the last value on the bottom right of the subreport, which is the running sum
> > of material out, from the value for Running Sum of Material IN (only 1 value
> > on page in pic) to get the correct value for the Amount in Stock.  As you can
> > see from the pic, its currently pulling the first value (top right in
> > subreport, 3). So the Amount in Stock should be -106.833 (1350-1456.833).
> > Anyone know how to accomplish this?
> >

> > "Duane Hookom" wrote:
> >
> > > That looks nothing like your first post. How about using words in here to
> > > explain what we would see if we could see your monitor?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Duane Hookom
> > > MS Access MVP
> > >

> > > "tsquared1518" <tsquared1518@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

I would probably calculate this outside of the report. You create totals
query to create the sums of Out and In and then join them to your report's
record source so you don't have to rely on the running sums.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"tsquared1518" wrote:

> That is correct, a subreport is involved. The data is stored in 2 separate
> tables. The "Material In" is the material we order from our supplier to make
> our products. It is checked upon arrival, and results are stored in a table.
> The second table is Work Orders. This is the "Material Out", which is what's
> shown in the subreport. For each order, we record details of the product
> being made, and keep track of the total amount of material used on each
> order.
>
> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>
> > So, there is a subreport involved in this also?
> > Can you just tell us about your data and how you determine In and Out? Is
> > this stored in the table?
> >
> > I really don't think you should have to use a running sum to get the Net
> > value.
> >
> > --
> > Duane Hookom
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "tsquared1518" wrote:
> >
> > > Sorry, I was trying to keep it as simple as I could in the first post. The
> > > pic shows what my screen (report) looks like. Basically, I want to subtract
> > > the last value on the bottom right of the subreport, which is the running sum
> > > of material out, from the value for Running Sum of Material IN (only 1 value
> > > on page in pic) to get the correct value for the Amount in Stock.  As you can
> > > see from the pic, its currently pulling the first value (top right in
> > > subreport, 3). So the Amount in Stock should be -106.833 (1350-1456.833).
> > > Anyone know how to accomplish this?

I finally figured it out!! I bought a copy of Microsoft Office Access 2003
Inside Out, and it had an example of how to do the calculation. I figure I
already got my money's worth out of it, ha...Thanks for all your help!

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> I would probably calculate this outside of the report. You create totals
> query to create the sums of Out and In and then join them to your report's
> record source so you don't have to rely on the running sums.
>
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "tsquared1518" wrote:
>
> > That is correct, a subreport is involved. The data is stored in 2 separate
> > tables. The "Material In" is the material we order from our supplier to make
> > our products. It is checked upon arrival, and results are stored in a table.
> > The second table is Work Orders. This is the "Material Out", which is what's
> > shown in the subreport. For each order, we record details of the product
> > being made, and keep track of the total amount of material used on each
> > order.
> >
> > "Duane Hookom" wrote:
> >
> > > So, there is a subreport involved in this also?
> > > Can you just tell us about your data and how you determine In and Out? Is
> > > this stored in the table?
> > >
> > > I really don't think you should have to use a running sum to get the Net
> > > value.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Duane Hookom
> > > Microsoft Access MVP

Restricting access to note attachments

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Menu Change back to 2003
Does anybody can tell me how to change the word word 2007 menu back to word 2003 menu?Word 2007 is a nightmare for me! Hi Bo, You can't. However, there are various Add-ins that people have produced to mimick the old toolbars. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Bo" <Bo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2269CDD-43F0-4138-BB86-07E685A1AFA8@microsoft.com... > Does anybody can tell me how to change the word word 2007 menu back to word > 2003 menu?Word 2007 is a nightmare for me! As macropod suggests there are add-ins that mim...

Exchange 2003 Email forwarding by Schedule
Hi, I have been looking for some VB code example, without any luck, on forwarding Exchange 2003 email accounts to another email account within exchange using a script. I need to forward and unforward on a schedule. Can anyone direct me to some info that would help me acheive this. Regards Brent Might not be a good solution but: AD Attrib altRecipient is the forward to option. You can easily put a script in place that will modify this value to a single user and then schedule the script to change the forward to as required. Of course AD replication is required after the change and it ...

outlook 2003 custom rules and spam filtering
I'm trying to set up rules to move emails from different accounts to different folders. The rules work fine except that spam filtering is not being processed on the accounts that get moved. In other words, I have one "main" account that I have go to the inbox - it has the spam rules apply. The other "secondary" rules go to specific folders - they do not have the spam being processed. Sounds like my custom rule is pre-empting the spam filter rule(s). Is there a way to chain the two together so that spam filtering happens first and then the mover (or vice versa ...

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Excel Row to Access Columns

Hot link in office outlook 2003 inoperatable
When I click a hot link in my Outlook 2003 I don't get any action, what settings do I need to make this happen, I always could perform this in Outlook Express all versions. Hot Links that are in blue letters. John in Ks ka0mow wrote: > When I click a hot link in my Outlook 2003 I don't get any action, what > settings > do I need to make this happen, I always could perform this in Outlook > Express all versions. Hot Links that are in blue letters. John in Ks You mean a "Hyper link, not a "hot" link. Have you installed IE7? -- Registered Linux User no 24...

How to remove the Outlook 2003 system tray icon
Hi, Somebody please tell me that there is an option to remove the rather redundant icon Outlook 2003 places in the system tray area! I've been through the options many times but can't seem to find any way of getting rid of it. Thanks muchly Paul You can't get rid of it. You can however hide it. Just right click the Task Bar. Choose Properties. Choose Customize. You can set the Outlook Icon to always hide (in Windows XP only). -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the new...

Access

Outlook 2003 setup
Thanks for the help so far, everyone. Is there a way to get outlook to send/receive email from a free yahoo account? Ta. Check out this site: http://www.ypopsemail.com/ "cameleonkelle" <cameleonkelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FA06750-130F-44EA-B114-063B88DC6FC9@microsoft.com... > Thanks for the help so far, everyone. > Is there a way to get outlook to send/receive email from a free yahoo > account? > Ta. ...

access mail on WEB

Scroll Bar question
This is kind of hard to explain, but here it goes. Let's say I start with a spreadsheet that has 10,000 rows of data. Then I decide to delete 3,000 of these rows. When I use the scroll bar to go to the bottom of the spreadsheet, it takes me to row 10,000. Or, if I use control + end, it goes to row 10,000 as well. Is there a way to "reset" the scroll bar to now know that the bottom of the data is row 7,000? I know I could just copy it into a new spreadsheet. But I am just curious. The same can be asked about deleted columns too. Thank you. Visit Debra Dalg...

Money 2003 password problems
Hi, I run Windows XP and Money 2003. I recently moved all my "c:\documents and settings" to another drive, which involved me having to make registry changes so windows knew where the "My documents" and "Shared Documents" had moved to. Everything worked fine, although I had some problems with MS money after the move so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again (the exact same version). Since I have reinstalled it, the password I used to use to open my money file is not recognised. I am 100% certain that I am using the correct password. I tried using salv.exe to...

access or mount mirrored hard disks

RE: MS Money 2006 questions..
Hello, Once again, I upgraded and the software screws up I have no idea why I keep on buying MS Money..... Anyways, just wondering if it is possible to select multiple transactions and designate them all to be of specific category like "Dining Out or Groceries"? Also, is it secure to just let my information get stored on the web under my email address?? Since, if the program fails again I won't have to keep on re-adding transactions and balance my accounts over and over again? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Jerry wrote: > >Once again, I upgraded and the so...

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Access Database In Great Plains

Excel Question 11-12-09
Can someone help a newB about how to copy a cell (which contains a count formula) to another worksheet. I need it to just copy the # so it can go into a worksheet that is totaling order #'s? 1) Copy the cell with the formula in it showing the value you want 2) Switch to the other sheet and select the target cell (do not press ENTER on it) 3) Click on EDIT > PASTE SPECIAL > Values That should paste in just the value of the formula, not the formula itself. Does that help? -- "Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB (www.MadRocketScientist.com) Your...

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Charts Excel 2003
I have several Dynamic Charts that plot daily data and a Month to date value. I show the data table. I am using line charts, and adding a Trendline. How can I show the Month To Date value without having it affect the daily trendline? You shouldn't include the MTD value as part of the daily value series. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Gringarlow" <Gringarlow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CD46CAB-4A3F-457A-8C6B-03FF488C0011@microsoft.c...

Outlook Web Access #19

Cannot attach vCard file to Sugnature in Outlook 2003
If I try using a vCard for signature in Outlook 2003 I receive an error message: "Can't create file: xx.vcf. Right-click the folder you want to create file in, and ten click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder" On Oct 15, 1:44=A0pm, nickolay.co...@gmail.com wrote: > If I try using a vCard for signature in Outlook 2003 I receive an > error message: > > "Can't create file: xx.vcf. Right-click the folder you want to create > file in, and ten click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your > permissions for the fol...