2 level group per report

Hi,

I have a report that needs to be grouped in 2 level, per country  and per
province/state.
My problem is I need to see data on the first page of the first level group
(country)
and the first page of the second level group (province).
I have tried many combination of forcing new page on both level but I cannot
keep the group header of the province with the data when the province change,
meaning I see data in Canada, Alberta and on the same page, I will see the
group header of the next province when it is time to change on the same page.
which I cannot see

If I force new page on the province group. it will be OK but my first
country page will be blank, only the header.

Is it possible to set it up so I can see all data being grouped together,
country all together, province all together and seeing data on the first page
of each country?

Thanks

Alain

Have you tried using the group footer to specify when you want a new page
instead of using the group header?

--
John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007

"Alain" <Alain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a report that needs to be grouped in 2 level, per country  and per
> province/state.
> My problem is I need to see data on the first page of the first level
> group
> (country)
> and the first page of the second level group (province).
> I have tried many combination of forcing new page on both level but I
> cannot
> keep the group header of the province with the data when the province
> change,
> meaning I see data in Canada, Alberta and on the same page, I will see the
> group header of the next province when it is time to change on the same
> page.
> which I cannot see
>
> If I force new page on the province group. it will be OK but my first
> country page will be blank, only the header.
>
> Is it possible to set it up so I can see all data being grouped together,
> country all together, province all together and seeing data on the first
> page
> of each country?
>
> Thanks
>
> Alain

0
John
9/12/2007 3:51:41 PM
You added a group footer and set its Format: Force New Page property to
After Section and that had no effect.  That is strange.

  Also, did you Set the group header's Force New Page property to None.

--

> The group footer has no effect at all
>
> "John Spencer" wrote:
>
>> Have you tried using the group footer to specify when you want a new page
>> instead of using the group header?
>>
>> --
>> John Spencer
>> Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007
>> Center for Health Program Development and Management
>> University of Maryland Baltimore County
>> ..
>>
>> "Alain" <Alain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have a report that needs to be grouped in 2 level, per country  and
>> > per
>> > province/state.
>> > My problem is I need to see data on the first page of the first level
>> > group
>> > (country)
>> > and the first page of the second level group (province).
>> > I have tried many combination of forcing new page on both level but I
>> > cannot
>> > keep the group header of the province with the data when the province
>> > change,
>> > meaning I see data in Canada, Alberta and on the same page, I will see
>> > the
>> > group header of the next province when it is time to change on the same
>> > page.
>> > which I cannot see
>> >
>> > If I force new page on the province group. it will be OK but my first
>> > country page will be blank, only the header.
>> >
>> > Is it possible to set it up so I can see all data being grouped
>> > together,
>> > country all together, province all together and seeing data on the
>> > first
>> > page
>> > of each country?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > Alain

0
John
9/13/2007 5:42:07 PM
John,

just forgot to set the group header Force New Page to none.
Works the way I need

Thanks

Alain

"John Spencer" wrote:

> You added a group footer and set its Format: Force New Page property to
> After Section and that had no effect.  That is strange.
>
>   Also, did you Set the group header's Force New Page property to None.
>
> --
> John Spencer
> Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007
> Center for Health Program Development and Management
> University of Maryland Baltimore County
> ..
>
> "Alain" <Alain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The group footer has no effect at all
> >
> > "John Spencer" wrote:
> >
> >> Have you tried using the group footer to specify when you want a new page
> >> instead of using the group header?
> >>
> >> --
> >> John Spencer
> >> Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007
> >> Center for Health Program Development and Management
> >> University of Maryland Baltimore County
> >> ..
> >>
> >> "Alain" <Alain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Major help needed!!!! #2
Thanks for the post GE, I was able to find another computer with exce 97 still loaded. I opened the existing spreadheet and went through th tools options and unchecked th 1904 date option. Went back to m updated computer and the dates came across just fine. Also thanks Don, your comment will be noted. I was in a rushed an panic'd state : -- KyDean ----------------------------------------------------------------------- KyDeano's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1556 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27128 ...

error 0x800ccc13 #2
I have Outlook 2000 installed on WinXP home. After installing modem software (for fax purposes) I now receive error 0x800ccc13 when performing 'send receive' in Outlook. Outlook Express now also fails with 0x800ccc0f error. I've disabled all spywatch and filtering software and tested Winsock using Netdiag and Winsock passes but there is a fail for NetBT transports test failed (I'm assuming because I removed all services other than TCP/IP.) I've reinstalled Outlook Express using the procedure from #318378 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318378&...

Building peer groups from a form?
I have financial and demographic information for ~10,000 companies for the last 6 years. My goal is for a user to be able to make custom peer groups of companies for further analysis. It appears that the best way to be able to set up a form so that a user could choose options on a form and then run a query based on the selections made on the form. I'd like to first confirm that this is possible?Peer groups could be based on a few factors (State or states, Asset size, years of data available). Currently, the data is in 6 tables, one for each year. The 6 tables have the same number of fie...

MS Publisher #2
Does anyone know how to open an MS Publisher 2000 document with MS Publisher 97? You cannot open a Publisher 2000 document in Publisher 97. You need the same or later version of Publisher to open Publisher documents. -- Why is it that people don't realize that they will probably have a problem opening a newer file with an older program? Rarely does that ever happen. "Riobard" <morgan.riobard@sivh.ie> wrote in message news:12b801c38ceb$868aea80$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to open an MS Publisher 2000 document > with MS Publisher 97? Because t...

Report No Longer Displays Labels
Placed this in "General Questions" yesterday, but no one answered. Have Programmed Access since 1995, but have never seen this until this week...Access 2003 - Windows 2000. Textboxes all display...but NO labels. TIA - Bob Bob, anything else you can provide about these labels? Are they vertical text? If so you can solve the problem by changing the font to: Arial CYR. Is the Visible property of the *section* or controls set to No? Is the report's top margin adequate, compared to the top unprintable area of the printer? Are they all numbers? And is your language French? ...

Help ! #2
Hi, I have developed an application in VC++ where spelling of a word will be checked in Excel (English is default). I have used Automation for this. I want to use the same application for German and French languages. Could someone help me on how to select the language programmatically so that selected language's dictionary will be activated and spelling of a word will be checked in that selected language's dictionary? TIA, Gary ...

Error adding users #2
Hello all: I am working with a new installation of MSCRM, and when I try to add a user I get the "AN error ahs occurred, please contact your system administrator" message. So I enabled tracing, and I have pasted the error details from the trace file below... Does anyone have any ideas? John. >MSCRM Application Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. >Parameter name: index Error Message: Index was ou...

Table of contents-like report
Hello all, I have a nned to create a report that would be similar in style and function to a Table of Contents. For example, I have 2 reports. One containing a list of vendors with vendor number and vendor name. The second containing all of the items for that vendor as well as other details. I would like the first report to link to the page containing the items for that vendor. So, something like this: Vendor# Vendor Name Page# 1 Vendor 1 1 2 Vendor 2 2 3 Vendor 3 2 W...

RMS 2.0 Manual
I have a general question. I remember over year ago when we were buying RMS license we were receivig license+box with manual, user guide and Instalation CD. From some time whenever we order new license there is A2 cartboard "envelope" comming which have another A3 soft envelope in it and eventually this one ontains 10cm x 10cm RMS license sheet. Can someoe tell me is it just us or everybody have it this way. Before after we did training for customer he had Manual/User Guide to look back into if he forgot about something, I know that this manual is exact printout of ...

Qty sold/Qty available #2
Any way of doing this on a top performer report? I would like to see the qty sold and qty available per item, not individual sales. THANKS! CT >-----Original Message----- >CT, > >Detailed Sales Report and add the On Hand column. (right click on the >report, Show/Hide Columns) > >-- >Jeff > >Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security > >===================================================== > >When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via >your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit >from your issue. > >=======...

Making height of box in report dependent of content
Hi all, There are a few memo fields in my report, with variable amounts of possible content. How can I make the height of the box dependent of the content inside it? I already tried to figure out the information on http://www.mvps.org/access/reports/rpt0010.htm, but it was quite complicated. Is there an easier way to solve my problem? I hope someone is willing and able to help me; it would make me very happy. Bye! Sietske -- Set the can grow property of the controls for the memo fields to YES -- Set the can grow property of the section containing those controls to YES -- Make sure...

Button for goal seek?! #2
Hello I have the following data: 5 6 12 15 20 Total of all those added I will have to set a goal seek button so that i can put the total i want and then change the cell i want i tried using a macro but i couldnt do it... I just want to do it using a click of a button instead of going to menu>goal seek>etc etc Thanks a lot From John -- Neo1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Neo1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30329 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=515571 Any ...

FTP #2
Greetings. I have an MFC application working just fine using ftp with CInternetSession and CFtpConnection, and I'm using windows ftp server. this app needs to check file's size and dates where CFtpFileFind seems to works perfectly. I have some doubts: 1. this app seems to work fine with filezila ftp server... is there somethig I have to know working with other ftp servers specially servers runing on linux? I have seen that list files is not standard... 2. MFC can handle FTPS?? if not, does any one knows a good library? I'm starting to see libcurl. Any suggestions are welc...

2 cells 2 colors
Hi All, Here's my glitch: I've got 2 dropdown/combo boxes in a user form. Both offer variou color options. The 1st one colors an active cell the correct color tha is chosen. The 2nd dropdown colors the cell directly to the right or th active cell in the same manner. My code is pretty crude & not ver efficient, but it works correctly. The problem is when color 2 is no chosen. Currently, if a color isn't chosen, I can put an "X" in th cell, or color it a certain color, but what I want is to color i whatever the color of the active cell is. Any ideas? Thanks -- S...

Forms.dic #2
Hi, I might have missed out something. After installing MGP v8.0 SP5 on the workstation, I then I clicked on Modifier, the system created a file called forms.dic. After this, I can't open certain forms like Sales Transaction Windows, Sales Order Fulfillment, Inventory Transaction, etc. Other forms like Item Class ID, Journal Entry are fine. Anything I miss out here? TIA, Sugih Were these forms modified? Is security pointing to the modified forms? The new forms.dic will be empty and not contain these forms. Most firms either copy a complete forms.dic from a working workstation ...

Outlook 2007
WinXP Pro SP3 Outlook 2007 - Pop3 Can outlook 2007 have mail stores (PST) greater than 2 GB? I have a friend who keeps all for his business and is pushing the limit. I was told that Outlook 2007 raised the limit. Any clarification is appreciated. -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net 20Gb + if using the new, default, pst file type of Unicode which is the default in Outlook 2003 and later If however you upgraded outlook from a pre 2003 version, then it maybe that you are still using the old outlook format data file which has the size limitation. Within Outlook, select ...

Office 97 to 2003: Excel: enter data w/fixed 2 decimal. 2000. be. #2
When I enter number "2000." I get 20.00 - yes, set decimals at 2 but earlier excel would accept change if you entered decimal with number. this is slowing down a budget prep and I'd sure like some help - online and tutorials say "enter decimal" but this is not working. what am I doing wrong? ...

matrix item in rms 2.0
When creating a matrix item in 2.0, and selecting the option to show the dimensions of the size and color with the description, I get a error message that "itemlookup code or item description exeeds the allowed length. do you wish to continue truncating the lookup code or description." However with the old version I was able to do this. Is the description field more restricted in size? Also it whould be easier to be able to enter the matrix reorder #,minimum order & case quantity when you create a matrx item, for now i have to do it with the wizard. Does anybody know ...

One Control for 2 codes
My Combo Box cbGSTOptions selects either tax or no tax but after making my selection I need to update with another control form the calculation to work Control 2 is under the line==== Can I incorporate these two code to just the Afterupdate of my Combo Box ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Option Compare Database Option Explicit Dim recInvoice_ItMdt As ADODB.Recordset Dim recInvoice As ADODB.Recordset, dblGSTContentsValue As Double, lngIntermediateID As Long Dim dblGSTOptionsValue As Double Dim bModify As Boolean Dim ynCheque As Boolean, ln...

Adding users to Active Directory groups
We have installed CRM 3.0 on a server using a domain admin account. We also have a CRM Admin account on our domain that is used to administer CRM. This account is not a domain admin. We ahve noticed that when the CRM account adds a new user to CRM, the network account gets added to the UserGroup in AD. Can someone explain how that user account gets added to the AD group when the CRM admin account is not a domain admin and the site is running under Local System account? Is it still using the domain admin credentials that we used to install CRM? The CRM Admin account simply has rights to ad...

Z Report ??
Is it possible to remove certain lines from the Z Report,such as the total tendered and total change,have looked at help files but can`t find an answer. Thanks Gary modify the file c:\Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Store Operations\ReceiptTemplates\xreport.xml to comment out anything you don't want to print, save to a new file, then use SO Manager to apply that change: Pull down Database - Register - Receipt Formats - (Select your Receipt Format) - Properties - Report - Browse - select your modified file. Here is an example of commenting out the text that will hi...

Visual Studio 2005 Report Builder for CRM
Hello All, I'm trying to modify a report that has a sub report. Whenever I build it and add it to my reports in CRM, my changes do not display. Particularly, I can make changes to the main report and those changes display but any changes to the subreport do not come up. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Thanks, Chris Subreports are a pin to work with. Make sure that the subreport is not cached. If you lose hope, delete the subreport and recreate it under a different name than update the parent report. I'm new to VS and CRM (basically learning on the fly). Turns out I wasn...

Exchange 2007 Beta 2 question
Hi I have the mailbox, CA, hub and UM on one server. I am trying to create a new email life cycle policy, but the option to do this cannot be found. I right click on the mailbox icon in EMC under "organization" but the option is not listed. The only listed options are. Also the tab in ESM for this is not there New address list New managed custom folder new managed fodler mailbox policy new offline address list On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 13:58:02 -0700, skip <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >I have the mailbox, CA, hub and UM on one server. I am trying to...

2 X 2 Splitter Windows #2
What is wrong with the following code? I am trying to create a 2 X 2 splitter window. It should look like this. CMyTreeView | CMyListView __________________|___________________ | CPictureView | CDetailView It compiles correctly but when I run it I get an error in the WinSplit routine of MFC. if(!m_wndSplitterWnd1.CreateStatic(this,1,2)) return FALSE; if(!m_wndSplitterWnd1.CreateView(0,0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CMyTreeView), CSize(0,0), pContext)) return FALSE; if(!m_wndSplitterWnd2.CreateStatic(&m_wn...

AutoCorrect #2
Can 'AutoCorrect' listings be transported from an old computer to a new one? I have hundreds of 'auto-corrections' that would take me all day to redo. Copying the dictionary does not seem to do it. Robert, it is stored as a .ACL file ,do a search for *.acl and copy it to the new computer -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 97 & 2000 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "robert gerald" <...