"Word-like" table in Access Reports ?

I would like to create a "word-like" table in an Access word.  That includes
vertical and horizontal lines.  Is there a way?  Also, I need the text inside
the table to be able to grow.  I tried using the graphic lines between the
text fields.  The horizontal lines are fine, since the growing text fields
moves those lines down.  However, the vertical lines do not grow.

I tried using a rectangle, thinking that perhaps as the text fields would
"push-down" the lines the rectangle.  However, that did not happen.

Has anyone faced this problem?

Thanks,
Leif

Maybe this will help:

http://www.helenfeddema.com/Files/accarch104.zip

The zip file contains a Word document describing what I think you want, and
an example Access database.

Rob

"Leif" <Leif@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to create a "word-like" table in an Access word.  That
>includes
> vertical and horizontal lines.  Is there a way?  Also, I need the text
> inside
> the table to be able to grow.  I tried using the graphic lines between the
> text fields.  The horizontal lines are fine, since the growing text fields
> moves those lines down.  However, the vertical lines do not grow.
>
> I tried using a rectangle, thinking that perhaps as the text fields would
> "push-down" the lines the rectangle.  However, that did not happen.
>
> Has anyone faced this problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Leif

0
Rob
1/21/2008 6:17:17 AM
Leif wrote:

>I would like to create a "word-like" table in an Access word.  That includes
>vertical and horizontal lines.  Is there a way?  Also, I need the text inside
>the table to be able to grow.  I tried using the graphic lines between the
>text fields.  The horizontal lines are fine, since the growing text fields
>moves those lines down.  However, the vertical lines do not grow.
>
>I tried using a rectangle, thinking that perhaps as the text fields would
>"push-down" the lines the rectangle.  However, that did not happen.

Use the Line method in eother the Format or Print event of
the section containing the text boxes:

Me.Line (Me.textboxA.Left,0)-Step(0,20000)
Me.Line (Me.textboxB.Left,0)-Step(0,20000)
	. . .
Me.Line (Me.textboxN.Left+Me.textboxN.Width,0)-Step(0,20000)

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Regards,
Leif

"Marshall Barton" wrote:

> Leif wrote:
>
> >I would like to create a "word-like" table in an Access word.  That includes
> >vertical and horizontal lines.  Is there a way?  Also, I need the text inside
> >the table to be able to grow.  I tried using the graphic lines between the
> >text fields.  The horizontal lines are fine, since the growing text fields
> >moves those lines down.  However, the vertical lines do not grow.
> >
> >I tried using a rectangle, thinking that perhaps as the text fields would
> >"push-down" the lines the rectangle.  However, that did not happen.
>

> Use the Line method in eother the Format or Print event of
> the section containing the text boxes:
>
> Me.Line (Me.textboxA.Left,0)-Step(0,20000)
> Me.Line (Me.textboxB.Left,0)-Step(0,20000)
> 	. . .
> Me.Line (Me.textboxN.Left+Me.textboxN.Width,0)-Step(0,20000)
>
> --
> Marsh
> MVP [MS Access]

Step indicates that the second set of coordinates are
relative to the first coordinates (instead of the top, left
corner of the section).  If you don't use Step, you would
have to use:

Me.Line (Me.textboxA.Left,0)-(Me.textboxA.Left,20000)

Note that the 20000 is about 15" down the page, but the line
will be clipped at the bottom of the section (even if it
grows.

You would have to go back to A97's Help to find a coherent
explanation of the Line , Circle and PSet methods.
--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Leif wrote:
>Thanks for your reply.  What does Step(0,20000) do?  I've tried on-line help
>and I cannot find any information on a step function.
>

>"Marshall Barton" wrote:
>
>> Leif wrote:
>>
>> >I would like to create a "word-like" table in an Access word.  That includes
>> >vertical and horizontal lines.  Is there a way?  Also, I need the text inside
>> >the table to be able to grow.  I tried using the graphic lines between the
>> >text fields.  The horizontal lines are fine, since the growing text fields
>> >moves those lines down.  However, the vertical lines do not grow.
>> >
>> >I tried using a rectangle, thinking that perhaps as the text fields would
>> >"push-down" the lines the rectangle.  However, that did not happen.
>>

>> Use the Line method in eother the Format or Print event of
>> the section containing the text boxes:
>>
>> Me.Line (Me.textboxA.Left,0)-Step(0,20000)
>> Me.Line (Me.textboxB.Left,0)-Step(0,20000)
>> 	. . .
>> Me.Line (Me.textboxN.Left+Me.textboxN.Width,0)-Step(0,20000)
>>
>> --
>> Marsh
>> MVP [MS Access]

0
Marshall

"Word-like" table in Access Reports ?
I would like to create a "word-like" table in an Access word. That includes vertical and horizontal lines. Is there a way? Also, I need the text inside the table to be able to grow. I tried using the graphic lines between the text fields. The horizontal lines are fine, since the growing text fields moves those lines down. However, the vertical lines do not grow. I tried using a rectangle, thinking that perhaps as the text fields would "push-down" the lines the rectangle. However, that did not happen. Has anyone faced this problem? Thanks, Leif Maybe this wil...

Word-like "track changes" for excel
Is there a track changes for excel that is more "word-like". I'd lik to see both old and new changes on screen at the same time. Any 3rd party or macros that might accomplish this?? Thanks -- jcm122 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jcm1229's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1484 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26617 ...