using multiple Y/N radio buttons to open a form

I am looking for a little help using multiple radio buttons on a
dialog form.  Based on the buttons a user selects, I want a form to
open using the selected parameters.

For simplicity, I have a table that has 10 fields, 3 of which are Y/N
boxes:
CAR = Y/N
House = Y/N
Kids = Y/N

On the dialog from I have three Option Buttons with the follwong
names:

Car (Option0)
House (Option1)
Kids (Option2)

I expect the user to select each radio button (either on of off).
They can open the form for all records that "Cars = Y / Kids = N /
House = Y", etc

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
On Error GoTo Err_Apps_Click

    Dim stDocName As String
    Dim stLinkCriteria As String

    stDocName = "TestForm"

    DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, acNormal, , "Cars = " & Option0

Exit_Apps_Click:
    Exit Sub

Err_Apps_Click:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_Apps_Click

End Sub
+++++++++++++++++++

The code above works for the "Car" button, and I can individually make
the other buttons work, but not together.

I am trying to combine the multiple selections into a single
"openform" statement for example:

    DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, acNormal, , "Cars = " & Option0 AND
"House=" &Option1 AND "Kids=" & Option2

but I can not get the syntax correct.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

0
Chuck

Correct syntax would be as follows:

DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, acNormal, , "Cars = " & Option0 &
"  AND House=" &Option1 & " AND Kids=" & Option2

Correct logic depends on what you want to do.
--
John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007

"Chuck" <cvirtu@yesbank.com> wrote in message
>I am looking for a little help using multiple radio buttons on a
> dialog form.  Based on the buttons a user selects, I want a form to
> open using the selected parameters.
>
> For simplicity, I have a table that has 10 fields, 3 of which are Y/N
> boxes:
> CAR = Y/N
> House = Y/N
> Kids = Y/N
>
> On the dialog from I have three Option Buttons with the follwong
> names:
>
> Car (Option0)
> House (Option1)
> Kids (Option2)
>
> I expect the user to select each radio button (either on of off).
> They can open the form for all records that "Cars = Y / Kids = N /
> House = Y", etc
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> On Error GoTo Err_Apps_Click
>
>    Dim stDocName As String
>    Dim stLinkCriteria As String
>
>    stDocName = "TestForm"
>
>    DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, acNormal, , "Cars = " & Option0
>
> Exit_Apps_Click:
>    Exit Sub
>
> Err_Apps_Click:
>    MsgBox Err.Description
>    Resume Exit_Apps_Click
>
> End Sub
> +++++++++++++++++++
>

> The code above works for the "Car" button, and I can individually make
> the other buttons work, but not together.
>
> I am trying to combine the multiple selections into a single
> "openform" statement for example:
>
>    DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, acNormal, , "Cars = " & Option0 AND
> "House=" &Option1 AND "Kids=" & Option2
>
> but I can not get the syntax correct.
>
> Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

0
John
3/26/2007 5:05:41 PM
Chuck wrote:

>I am looking for a little help using multiple radio buttons on a
>dialog form.  Based on the buttons a user selects, I want a form to
>open using the selected parameters.
>
>For simplicity, I have a table that has 10 fields, 3 of which are Y/N
>boxes:
>CAR = Y/N
>House = Y/N
>Kids = Y/N
>
>On the dialog from I have three Option Buttons with the follwong
>names:
>
>Car (Option0)
>House (Option1)
>Kids (Option2)
>
>I expect the user to select each radio button (either on of off).
>They can open the form for all records that "Cars = Y / Kids = N /
>House = Y", etc
[snip]

>I am trying to combine the multiple selections into a single
>"openform" statement for example:
>
>    DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, acNormal, , "Cars = " & Option0 AND
>"House=" &Option1 AND "Kids=" & Option2

DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, acNormal, , _
			"Cars=" & Option0 & " AND House=" & Option1 & _
				" AND Kids=" & Option2
--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Excel slow to open a book, but fast empty
Cheers! My Excel 2002 has been working fine, but lately has got a problem: it is very, very slow when opening an xls file by clicking it. It is fast as it should when I open it empty from the start menu. If I create the simplest possible book by just typing something in one cell and saving it, opening it is still slow. Perhaps this format is easier: 0. Excel has been working as it should. 1. Fast when running from start menu, opening an empty book. 2. Slow when clicking an xls file, independent of book complexity. Excel comes up with a transparent main window, but with everything else visi...

Creating a link to open an application...
We have an Access 2000 application that we wna to have automatically generate emails to users. In the body of this email, it would be nice if we could provide a link the user can click on which would then open up the Access application (the user may or may not have the application open at the time), and possibly bring up the record in question they want to be viewing ( a cust service job#). The email notifies the user there is a customer service related issue they need to look into. Each cust service issue is assigned a number, so if we could somehow pass the job# to the Access app from the ...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

Mac Word 2008
I've used Word since version one for DOS and was an alpha tester for the first Word for Windows, so I'm not a total dunce. But for the life of me, I cannot figure how to place in the footer "Page X of Y (total pages)". For at least the last 10 years, plus in Mac Word 2004, I could open the footer and insert this feature easily. I've looked everywhere I can think of for information on how to do this in Mac Word 2008 to no blessed avail!! Why trying to do something that was so easy in previous versions of Word can possibly be viewed as an "enhancement&...

using forms

How to disable the "X" close button of DialogBox.?
i have to disable the "X" button of the Dialog box, how to do it...??? "Ajit Surana" <suranaajit@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1152246450.048098.84020@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > i have to disable the "X" button of the Dialog box, how to do it...??? Something like this: CMenu* pMenu = GetSystemMenu(FALSE); if(pMenu) { ASSERT_KINDOF(CMenu, pMenu ); pMenu->EnableMenuItem(SC_CLOSE, MF_BYCOMMAND | MF_GRAYED | MF_DISABLED); } -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com Thank you Ajay, that is working fine.....wht i need. Thank you ...

Split Form Question
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0071_01CAAF13.FE651FC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Access 2007 sp2. When I first open a split form there is no data in the navigation bar at = the bottom of the form. It doesn't show the record number or the number of records. Only when I select a row does anything show in the nav bar. Is this normal?? James ------=_NextPart_000_0071_01CAAF13.FE651FC0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encod...

Using Spanish on Publisher

Multiple Worksheet
I'm not sure how to explain this, but here we go. I have a workbook w/ multiple worksheets. The first worksheet is titled ALL. This includes all information from other worksheets. How can I have certain information transfer to other worksheets by recognizing initials? Basically if the "All" worksheet has has an S listed it - can I transfer to worksheet titled Scott w/o the beating of copy and paste? Thanks in advance. -- bonzai18 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bonzai18's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=g...

Selecting A single Month From a Table with Multiple Months
The following code is used as the criteria in a selct query for a date field: >=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())-1,1) And <=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),0) It has worked fine until the table included records from January 2010, database was created in 2009. Is there a fix or a better way to accomplish the intent? Not sure what your problem is the expressions you have return the first and last day of the prior month. So this is February 3, 2010 and the expression return 1/1/2010 and 1/31/2010. What do you want returned? What is the problem you are ha...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Snapshot Viewer will not open .snp file
We have a client that sends us .snp files as email attachments. We have Office 2007 installed on new Windows XP PCs. We have the Snapshot Viewer installed. When we attempt to open an .snp file, either from email or after saving attachment to the desktop, all we get is a blank Snapshot Viewer window. If we re-install the Shapshot Viewer we can then open one .snp file and then it reverts back to opening with a blank viewer window for subsequent ..snp files that are opened. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated Susie Install a different Printer Driver for the workstations exhibiting ...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

Allow temporarily use of right click

How to use interfaces
Hi ... How can you show in an UML diagram using visio that you have 1 class who uses the interface implementet by another ?? ex: C# public class MyClass : ImyInterface { //some code } //And then in another class you will do something like: private ImyInterface imi = new MyClass(); can you show this via UML shapes in Visio ?? thanks in advance ... -- ------------------------------- Med Venlig Hilsen Tonni Schm´┐Żcker Tonni@cool.dk ...

Access 2003 Form Question
I have an access database that I am using for site surveys. In a nutshell, there is a header table with a date and location as the keys and a detail section with the survey results. The detail section shows a series of 30 or so questions(from a questions table) on how the site was rated. I am trying to design a form that populates a yes/no/not available type response in the detail section. The user would either click on a yes/no/NA type box or have a drop down and select the value(whichever is easiest) next to the box. After the user answers the 30 or so questions, an answers table...