using dmax and date field

Hi,

I have a table with data like this

date          runnumber
1/1/2007           1
1/1/2007           2
1/1/2007           3

I am using dmax to get the maximum runnumber value where date is 1/1/2007
'getrunnumber = Nz(DMax("[UploadRun]", "CRSFILE_HISTORY", "[DateCreated] =
#" & CDate(sdateshort) & "#"), 0) + 1

the problem is is that it always evaluates to 0  or null because it is
looking at the time to exact second as well.

I would like to know how to programmatically get only the date into the
field so I don't have this problem. If I manually enter the date into the
access table then the time (hh:mm:ss) do not getting added.

or

how do I get dmax to only evaluate the date portion of the field and not the
time portion as well.

Thanks

Chris

Try using the DateValue to remove the time

getrunnumber = Nz(DMax("[UploadRun]", "CRSFILE_HISTORY", "DateValue
([DateCreated]) = #" & DateValue(CDate(sdateshort)) & "#"), 0) + 1
--
Good Luck
BS"D

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 09:53:02 -0700, Chris <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I would like to know how to programmatically get only the date into the
>field so I don't have this problem. If I manually enter the date into the
>access table then the time (hh:mm:ss) do not getting added.

It sounds like you may have the (badly named, Date is a reserved word) field
defaulting to Now() or being set to Now(). the Now() function does not return
the date; it returns the date and time accurate to a few microseconds! Use
Date() instead, if the date is what you want stored.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

Auto Input Today's Date
I wish to create formula to automatically insert date and time for each new record created in Excel 2003/2007 database. I've tried the following in cell A6, so when I enter data into Worksheet called INPUT cell B6 , the date and time is automatically entered into A6 of the DATA worksheet, but it doesn't work: =IF(INPUT! B6>1,=NOW(),"") What am I doing wrong? I am using Data Form for user input of new data and don't want the user to input into a date field, so I have created INPUT worksheet without date and DATA worksheet with all identical fields using INPUT plus a d...

using forms

Using Spanish on Publisher

DATE Problem 04-11-07
I can't seem to store a date. Here is the scenerio. Me.TxtStart = Date() Set db = CurrentDb Set tdf = db.TableDefs("tblDefault") Set fld = tdf.Fields("TestStartDate") fld.DefaultValue = Me.TxtStart Whats being set in the TestStartDate field is the time! I need the date thats in the Me.TxtStart field. Any help appreciated. Thanks DS On Apr 11, 12:46 pm, DS <booty...@optonline.net> wrote: > I can't seem to store a date. > Here is the scenerio. > > Me.TxtStart = Date() > > Set db = CurrentDb > Set tdf = db.TableDefs("tblDefault&q...

Finding all table and fields that are involved in a one to many relation (on many side) with a given field
Hi, I have a master table, and several other tables that are related to this master through one to many relations. How can I find all tables and fields which are in relation with the primary key in the master table, on "many" side? I know I can extract this by querying views from INFORMATION_SCHEMA, but I don't know where exactly I can find this info Thank you One way Select op.name As ParentTableName, oc.name As ChildTableName, c.name As ChildColumnName From sys.foreign_key_columns kc Inner Join sys.objects op On kc.parent_object_id = op.object_id Inner Jo...

Activities View & Regarding Field
Is it possible to see the Regarding name in the activities view? I know it is possible to exit the activity view throught the view editor e.g. http://crm/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001902} for all activities though this only allows addition of a few fields. if I look in the SavedQueryBase, the view {00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001902} gives a FetchXml string with the activity fields. the display text for the regarding field is available in the Activity view as the ObjectName field Can one simply add the ObjectName field to this to provide the rega...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

Pivot Tables, calculated fields
I'm trying to add two calculated fields to a pivot tabe. I'd prefer that the field calculation the takes a row item quantity or dollar figure and calculates the item as a percentage of the total. Such as region xx has 85% of the total sales units but only 78% of the total sales dollars. Can anyone help me? Instead of a calculated field, you can add data fields to the pivot table. In the pivot table wizard, double-click the data field button Click the Options button For 'Show data as', select % of column. Excel GuRu wrote: > I'm trying to add two calculated field...

Allow temporarily use of right click

How to use interfaces

To: Field sloooow behavior
Some users (including myself, up until a recent rebuild of my PC) are suffering from this odd behavior and I'm hoping one of you can help. Using Outlook 2007 on a domain with Exhange 2003; some users on XP Pro, some on Vista Enterprise. I fire up a new email and start typing in the To: field. Sometimes it takes a few seconds for the letters to appear. Worse yet, if I make a mistake and need to backspace, it can take several seconds to erase the characters. I thought I had narrowed the problem down to Windows Desktop Search because uninstalling it eliminated the problem on one use...

What do you use Excel for?

using extended desktop mode
How can I move an Excel spreadsheet onto my second monitor. Word and Internet provide no problems, I just click & drag. Same way. You have to have the application window in a non-maximised state though, and you can then drag it from one to the other, or even size it so it spreads across the two screens completely. If I have the window maximised though, I am unable to drag it from screen to screen. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�-------------------------...