user defined function in query

I have created a function to return the windows user's full name (via Windows
API calls). This function is run via a query and returns the name ok when I
am in the data base. However when I try to run this query from a web page via
a connection to the database, I get the message 'undefined function'. Is it
impossible to run this type of query except locally?

Yes, it is not possible to use the VBA function from outside Access.

--
John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008

"mscertified" <rupert@tigerlily.com> wrote in message
>I have created a function to return the windows user's full name (via
>Windows
> API calls). This function is run via a query and returns the name ok when
> am in the data base. However when I try to run this query from a web page
> via
> a connection to the database, I get the message 'undefined function'. Is
> it
> impossible to run this type of query except locally?

0
John

New to User Forms

Function help #2
I am wanting to know how to get excel to look at a coloumn of information and compare with another coloumn and then tell me what and where the differences are. Let me explain what I have. I have a spreadsheet that has two seperate "pieces" of information. Each piece has two coloumns. What I need to do is have a function that will look at coloumn a and then compare it with coloumn b. The twist in this is that the information does not line up as far as the rows go. I am running Excel 2000 on an XP box. Any help is great. thanks!!!! Derrell Try using conditi...

trace every function
I need to trace every function. Is it possible to do that without embedding the TRACE macro in every function manually? Thanks Gil Not that I'm aware. I've found adding the TRACE statements isn't all that burdensome. At least one useful trick is #ifdef _MY_TRACE #define MYTRACE(x) TRACE x #else #define MYTRACE(x) #endif and you write MYTRACE( ("=>yourfunctionhere(%d, \"%s\", %u)", intarg, stringarg, dwordarg) ) Note the extra level of parentheses, that allows you to treat the whole parameter list as a single argument (since macros can't take...

QUERYING ACCESS
I have an Excel workbook that is querying an Access database, which in turn queries an Oracle database. Is there a way to have Access automatically update from Oracle when I open the Excel workbook? -- Drew Drew Certainly there would be with code, but can you not using the Oracle ODBC driver to get the data directly from Excel. It would then simply be a button press to update. If you need help with this post back -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Drew" <imageek@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:...

Users Shared Folders

Excel search function #2
Hi All, Is there a way to use the search function to search non "0" value in cell. Ex - if i have "110254" in cell A1 - I need the position of non zero digit in the string of A1. Thanks, Thyag. Try: =FIND("0",A1) If the strig of values have a zero this formula will return the position inside the cell, if the strig does not have any zeroes, the formula will return an error. Is this what you want? "Thyag" <thyagaraj.shetty@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1186758214.992333.261490@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > Is there a...

I can't wrap my head around this query
I have two tables. One that has ComputerID and some other fields. The ComputerID field is unique. I also have another table that has a non-unique Computer ID field and a SWName record for each software program installed on that computer. What I would like to do is find out what ComputerIDs DO NOT have a specific program (ProgramA). I was thinking I would get what I needed if I could take the results for those ComputerIDs that DO have ProgramA and compare that with all of the ComputerIDs possible and take the difference. Is there some way to do this? If not, what would I have to add to ...

Users not showing up All Users

user breakpoint

Need User Name and Password

Random Users Calendars not viewable

subtotal function #2
I have a list of item numbers, descriptions, quantity sold and few other fields. Data looks like this Item Description unit Cost Quantity 123 Rubberband LB 1.00 2 123 Rubberband LB 1.00 4 123 Rubberband LB 1.00 2 124 Note pad Ea 1.50 1 124 Note pad EA 1.50 3 When I sort by Item number and subtotal I get 123 Rubber band LB 1.00 2 123 Rubberband LB 1.00 4 123 Rubberband LB 1.00 2 123 Total 8 124 Note pad Ea 1.50 1 124 Note pad EA 1.50 3 124 Total 4 When I collapse it to subtotals only I get 123 Total 8 124 Total 4 Is there any way to include the description on the subto...

How to summarize Access query data?
I have a table and a resulting query with 1,400 records. I would like a summary page for a given category. For example, there are 20 people and each has a number of work orders they are responsible for. Each work orders has a discrete identification number. I want two numbers per person: (1) the number of orders they have (a count) and (2) the sum of all the "Remaining Hours" each person has associated with their associated orders. (The existing query takes the estimated hours and subtracts the actual hours with the result being the "Remaining Hours.") This is...

Editing Data source from imported web query
Hi, I've currently got an Excel sheet with a table I've imported from a web page I've created. This was done using the Data->Import External Data->New Web Query. The page itself is a CGI script and as such takes arguments in the address. I was wondering if anyone knows how I can alter that URL from a cell in Excel. Specifically I want to be able to change the hostname in a cell in Excel and the corresponding ?hostname='blah' to change. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Jim It seems to me that you'll need a macro to do what you're trying to accomp...

Manager grayed out on user setup

query data
Hi. I am building an aviation database. I am want to create a flight summary query that shows only Carrier Date of Flight Origin Destination Miles Flight Hours However, my result is a line for each passenger - for example If there were three passengers on one flight i am getting 3 lines with 3 x the miles and 3 x the hours. How do I return only one line per flight. Also, I want to be able to show flight details with all passenger names for each flight. Is a subreport the answer there? Thanks, JF -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com jefferysf via AccessMonster.com wr...

Lotus user to Outlook user Attachments missing
Hi everyone, I have a strange problem that hopefully someone can help with or maybe point me in the right direction. Infrastructure info: All our clients are running Office 2007 SP2 and we have Exchange 2007 SP1 as our backend. We have a client that has Lotus Notes and sends us many emails per day and almost always they have attachments but usually PDF's, JPG's and DOC's. We have just discovered that they occasionally send us scanned docs in MDI format. The problem is that it appears as though when the client running Lotus attached an MDI file and sends the ema...

users sending messages to themselves
Hello all, I'm running a Exchange 2000 server w SP3 on W2K box w SP4. I have some users who have this old habit of sending a copy of out going message to themselves when they compose a new message by cc or bcc or even To field. I ask them not to do but they are still doing it. Is there a way (may be a script or rule or anything in Exchange or third party software) to stop this. I was told by someone that there is nothing of that nature but I'm still not convinced. There's gotta be a way. Thanks Raj Bambrah Why not let them do whatever they damn well please? Raj Bambrah wro...

How do I get the WORKDAY function?
I am trying to translate a successful Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheet into Excel. It ain't easy! I typed =WORKDAYS and #NAME? popped up. This is just one frustration among many I've had with this "leading product" I don't speak Lotus, but there is an =Workday() in the analysis toolpak (along with =networkday()). Excel's help for =workday() explains how to load the analysis toolpak. jorfo wrote: > > I am trying to translate a successful Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheet into Excel. It > ain't easy! I typed =WORKDAYS and #NAME? popped up. > This is just one...

IMF and remote users.
I need a bit of hand holding on this. We are about to start hosting our own email. There are branch offices that will pick up their email with POP3 from our server running SBS 2003. I want to filter for spam, but also want all the users to have the ability to review emails caught by the filter. If I use the IMF filter, am I correct in assuming that the remote office users will never see those emails in that they will have been moved out of their inbox to the spam folder? Is there a built-in method of tagging, not moving emails identified as spam on a RBL? Thank you. - Are you going to use ...