Use Table field in query criteria

Just like using the Forms!FormName!FieldName....can I use that same logic
with Tables?  I have a start and end date in two fields within a single
table.  I would like the query to reference the StartDate field and the
EndDate field within that table.  I don't want the user to have to have a
form open to run the query.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

If the table has one record and you don't need the query to be editable then
simply add the table to the query and add the start and end date fields to
the criteria.

If your query must allow edits, you could try DLookup() to return the dates.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"deeds" wrote:

> Just like using the Forms!FormName!FieldName....can I use that same logic
> with Tables?  I have a start and end date in two fields within a single
> table.  I would like the query to reference the StartDate field and the
> EndDate field within that table.  I don't want the user to have to have a
> form open to run the query.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

using forms

Using Spanish on Publisher

Finding all table and fields that are involved in a one to many relation (on many side) with a given field
Hi, I have a master table, and several other tables that are related to this master through one to many relations. How can I find all tables and fields which are in relation with the primary key in the master table, on "many" side? I know I can extract this by querying views from INFORMATION_SCHEMA, but I don't know where exactly I can find this info Thank you One way Select op.name As ParentTableName, oc.name As ChildTableName, c.name As ChildColumnName From sys.foreign_key_columns kc Inner Join sys.objects op On kc.parent_object_id = op.object_id Inner Jo...

Selecting A single Month From a Table with Multiple Months
The following code is used as the criteria in a selct query for a date field: >=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())-1,1) And <=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),0) It has worked fine until the table included records from January 2010, database was created in 2009. Is there a fix or a better way to accomplish the intent? Not sure what your problem is the expressions you have return the first and last day of the prior month. So this is February 3, 2010 and the expression return 1/1/2010 and 1/31/2010. What do you want returned? What is the problem you are ha...

Activities View & Regarding Field
Is it possible to see the Regarding name in the activities view? I know it is possible to exit the activity view throught the view editor e.g. http://crm/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001902} for all activities though this only allows addition of a few fields. if I look in the SavedQueryBase, the view {00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001902} gives a FetchXml string with the activity fields. the display text for the regarding field is available in the Activity view as the ObjectName field Can one simply add the ObjectName field to this to provide the rega...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

Pivot Tables, calculated fields
I'm trying to add two calculated fields to a pivot tabe. I'd prefer that the field calculation the takes a row item quantity or dollar figure and calculates the item as a percentage of the total. Such as region xx has 85% of the total sales units but only 78% of the total sales dollars. Can anyone help me? Instead of a calculated field, you can add data fields to the pivot table. In the pivot table wizard, double-click the data field button Click the Options button For 'Show data as', select % of column. Excel GuRu wrote: > I'm trying to add two calculated field...

Help pasting Word table into Excel, please?
(Using Word and Excel XP) I have a table in Word with no merged cells. The text in some cells, however, contain line or paragraph breaks. When copied and pasted into Excel, these cells are always formatted as merged, with a new cell at each line or paragraph break. Is there any way around this, so a cell will copy as a single cell with the breaks in the text? Ed I don't see how merged cells comes into play.... But saved from a previous post: If your cells in your word table contain paragraph mark or linebreak characters, then excel will bring them over as separate cells. On...

Allow temporarily use of right click

Excel Pivot Table with Access
I have Excel Pivot Tables that link to an access database to pull only certain info. I would like users to be able to update their individual pivot table without being able to change the query to include additional information. When I disable pivot table use, the pivot table won't update on open. Thanks for any help. -- Jack ...

How to use interfaces
Hi ... How can you show in an UML diagram using visio that you have 1 class who uses the interface implementet by another ?? ex: C# public class MyClass : ImyInterface { //some code } //And then in another class you will do something like: private ImyInterface imi = new MyClass(); can you show this via UML shapes in Visio ?? thanks in advance ... -- ------------------------------- Med Venlig Hilsen Tonni Schm´┐Żcker Tonni@cool.dk ...

To: Field sloooow behavior
Some users (including myself, up until a recent rebuild of my PC) are suffering from this odd behavior and I'm hoping one of you can help. Using Outlook 2007 on a domain with Exhange 2003; some users on XP Pro, some on Vista Enterprise. I fire up a new email and start typing in the To: field. Sometimes it takes a few seconds for the letters to appear. Worse yet, if I make a mistake and need to backspace, it can take several seconds to erase the characters. I thought I had narrowed the problem down to Windows Desktop Search because uninstalling it eliminated the problem on one use...

What do you use Excel for?