update ... grouping ... replace ????

Pymt No.	  txr	ref	   dr	   cr
34567-1	  25	20628941  130.00
24685-1	  32	20628941	                100.00
34567-1	  30	20628941  	   20.00
24685-1	  29	20628941	                   10.00
34567-1	  24	20628942  100.00
24685-1	  32	20628942	                  100.00

I have inherited a database structured as above, a transaction may have
as many as 4 entries (records) however the ref will be the same, I need to
count the number of transactions where the txr is 25 (simple enough) and sum
the corresponding cr for these transactions (where the txr = 32).   Here I
having some difficulty because there are other transactions where the txr for
the cr is 32 and not related to a txr 25 for the dr.  So the result of the
above is 1 transaction for a total of 100, hope this is clear
With some work I can do this in excel, however because of the size of the
database
I am trying to do this in access.
Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated
--
thanks as always for the help
 jer

Need to see some of the Transactions where the txr for
the cr is 32 and not related to a txr 25 for the dr.
--
Ron

"jer" wrote:

> Pymt No.	  txr	ref	   dr	   cr
> 34567-1	  25	20628941  130.00
> 24685-1	  32	20628941	                100.00
> 34567-1	  30	20628941  	   20.00
> 24685-1	  29	20628941	                   10.00
> 34567-1	  24	20628942  100.00
> 24685-1	  32	20628942	                  100.00
>
> I have inherited a database structured as above, a transaction may have
> as many as 4 entries (records) however the ref will be the same, I need to
> count the number of transactions where the txr is 25 (simple enough) and sum
> the corresponding cr for these transactions (where the txr = 32).   Here I
> having some difficulty because there are other transactions where the txr for
> the cr is 32 and not related to a txr 25 for the dr.  So the result of the
> above is 1 transaction for a total of 100, hope this is clear
> With some work I can do this in excel, however because of the size of the
> database
> I am trying to do this in access.
> Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated
> --
> thanks as always for the help
>  jer
Thanks Ron for your response the last 2 records are the an example of what
you are asking for - ref 20628942  dr txr = 24 and cr txr = 32
--

"Ron" wrote:

> Need to see some of the Transactions where the txr for
> the cr is 32 and not related to a txr 25 for the dr.
> --
> Ron
>

> "jer" wrote:
>
> > Pymt No.	  txr	ref	   dr	   cr
> > 34567-1	  25	20628941  130.00
> > 24685-1	  32	20628941	                100.00
> > 34567-1	  30	20628941  	   20.00
> > 24685-1	  29	20628941	                   10.00
> > 34567-1	  24	20628942  100.00
> > 24685-1	  32	20628942	                  100.00
> >
> > I have inherited a database structured as above, a transaction may have
> > as many as 4 entries (records) however the ref will be the same, I need to
> > count the number of transactions where the txr is 25 (simple enough) and sum
> > the corresponding cr for these transactions (where the txr = 32).   Here I
> > having some difficulty because there are other transactions where the txr for
> > the cr is 32 and not related to a txr 25 for the dr.  So the result of the
> > above is 1 transaction for a total of 100, hope this is clear
> > With some work I can do this in excel, however because of the size of the
> > database
> > I am trying to do this in access.
> > Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated
> > --
> > thanks as always for the help
> >  jer
Ron

"jer" wrote:

> Thanks Ron for your response the last 2 records are the an example of what
> you are asking for - ref 20628942  dr txr = 24 and cr txr = 32
> --
> thanks as always for the help
> jer
>

> "Ron" wrote:
>
> > Need to see some of the Transactions where the txr for
> > the cr is 32 and not related to a txr 25 for the dr.
> > --
> > Ron
> >

> > "jer" wrote:
> >
> > > Pymt No.	  txr	ref	   dr	   cr
> > > 34567-1	  25	20628941  130.00
> > > 24685-1	  32	20628941	                100.00
> > > 34567-1	  30	20628941  	   20.00
> > > 24685-1	  29	20628941	                   10.00
> > > 34567-1	  24	20628942  100.00
> > > 24685-1	  32	20628942	                  100.00
> > >
> > > I have inherited a database structured as above, a transaction may have
> > > as many as 4 entries (records) however the ref will be the same, I need to
> > > count the number of transactions where the txr is 25 (simple enough) and sum
> > > the corresponding cr for these transactions (where the txr = 32).   Here I
> > > having some difficulty because there are other transactions where the txr for
> > > the cr is 32 and not related to a txr 25 for the dr.  So the result of the
> > > above is 1 transaction for a total of 100, hope this is clear
> > > With some work I can do this in excel, however because of the size of the
> > > database
> > > I am trying to do this in access.
> > > Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated
> > > --
> > > thanks as always for the help
> > >  jer
I am still confused. There is a txr = 25 with ref 40628941 with a dr of 130
AND a txr of 32 for ref 20628941 with a cr = 100.
Next we have a txr of 24 for ref 20628942 with a dr = 100 and a txr of 32
for ref 20628942 with a cr = 100.

Is what we have a txr maybe 25 or 24 with a single ref and a txr of 32 with
that same single ref where the cr does not have to = the dr?
--
Ron

"Ron" wrote:

> --
> Ron
>

> "jer" wrote:
>
> > Thanks Ron for your response the last 2 records are the an example of what
> > you are asking for - ref 20628942  dr txr = 24 and cr txr = 32
> > --
> > thanks as always for the help
> > jer
> >

> > "Ron" wrote:
> >
> > > Need to see some of the Transactions where the txr for
> > > the cr is 32 and not related to a txr 25 for the dr.
> > > --
> > > Ron

Ron, yes you are correct in your understanding
--

"Ron" wrote:

> I am still confused. There is a txr = 25 with ref 40628941 with a dr of 130
> AND a txr of 32 for ref 20628941 with a cr = 100.
> Next we have a txr of 24 for ref 20628942 with a dr = 100 and a txr of 32
> for ref 20628942 with a cr = 100.
>
> Is what we have a txr maybe 25 or 24 with a single ref and a txr of 32 with
> that same single ref where the cr does not have to = the dr?
> --
> Ron
>

> "Ron" wrote:
>

> > --
> > Ron
> >

> > "jer" wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks Ron for your response the last 2 records are the an example of what
> > > you are asking for - ref 20628942  dr txr = 24 and cr txr = 32
> > > --
> > > thanks as always for the help
> > > jer

Update for MS Money 2005?

Problem with Script Updating

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Update question

CRM Redeployment
I'm trying to redeploy a version of our live CRM onto a test image. Whenever I run the redeployment tool, I keep getting the following error: "An error occurred when populating Microsoft CRM user groups. Ensure that CRM user accounts are accessible from the current domain and run the wizard again." I've given all the users local logon privileges, but I can't do anything to the CRM group permissions until the tool actually creates them. I'm missing something here - any idea why this error keeps popping up and how to fix it? Thanks. ...

How update entity in post update?

Preferred file group
Our application records transactional events (maybe 300K to 500K rows per day) on a separate file group called HISTORY. I was wondering if there are performance considerations when creating indices on this history table. That is, do I get a performance improvement if the index resides in the default file group or if it resides in my HISTORY file group. Thanks in advance, Gary Hi ary, You can create a seprate file for the indexes, that would help as the index read/writes would be from a seperate file. Sriram www.sqllike.com > Our application records transactional event...

latest update too MSCFV2

Public Folder permissions for Groups/DL's and Native mode.
Running Exch2003 SP2 in Win2003. I've got problems assigning permissions to public folders using groups/distribution lists. I get an error the permissions cannot be saved. Using individual users however does work. At first I thought this was due to the fact the we were still running Exchange in mixed-mode. That's also what the event log tips me about. I switched to Native Exchange mode since I don't need pre-Exchange2000 servers, but the error is still there. I rebooted all Exchange servers. My active-dir is still in mixed-mode, but I'm pretty sure I read that the to m...

Dynamic Menu update

online updates for money2003(not updating)

RE: Moving a Mailbox from Storage group to another SG
Hello's I'm trying to move mailboxes from one Storage group to another on the same server. I have tried using Exchange Tasks to move the mailbox. However, Exchange Tasks fails the job due to what it says are errors. I have tried using Exmerge to create a PST of the mailbox, but still need the mailbox present in the destination SG to import the PST into the mailbox. Please advice on how to perform this task. thanks Blue. are the accounts enabled? is it perhaps a "storage limit" issue? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Bluehades" <Bluehades@discussions.microsoft....

Payroll Update

[ANN] Excel X security update

HOW ABOUT AN UPDATE?

FWD: Try on these correction update from the MS Corp.
--omvflfmgecbtuznop Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pesxyyfvxtk"; type="multipart/alternative" --pesxyyfvxtk Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="locjfxspwlfruwcg" --locjfxspwlfruwcg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from th...

Test to see if new group posting works
Seems to work :o) Welcome back. Tom "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote in message news:W_90h.445$Mh6.95@newsfe24.lga... > > Actually it did not work on my end. All of my newsgroup messages quit downloading three days ago. I have to unsubscribe and reboot, then resubscribe to get it to work again. I have the same problem on two identical computers. "Tom Serface" <tserface@msn.com> wrote in message news:u6m6a0U%23GHA.1224@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Seems to work :o) Welcome back. > > Tom > > "Peter Olcott" <...

Cannot update table--only does SQL insert
Hi, just another newbie type of question.... i have a new window with its own table. i'm doing a "copy from window to table" &c, and it works fine to insert data the first time. however, i can tell from the SQL Profiler that when I try to modify the data, it does not do an update--it tries to do another insert (and of course, can't). Is there something I should be setting in Dexterity somewhere to make the table updatable, or do I need to manage this with PassThroughSQL? thanks in advance. Table operations are covered in detail during the Dexterity Training, pl...

Cannot Update office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel When I try to update office a message appears saying that a version of the software needed to udate microsoft office is not available. What is this and what can be done to correct it I have the same problem with Tiger 10.4.11. "efrosini@officeformac.com" wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel > > When I try to update office a message appears saying that a version of the software needed to udate microsoft office is not available. What is this and ...

automatically update field
Hi I have a combo box with two columns - product & stock code. When I select a product I want the the stock code column which I have in my table to automatically populate. Is this possible to have on the actual main table? -- Thank you for your help Yes - you could use the AfterUpdate event of the combo to set the value of the control bound to the field holding the stock code. But - why ? You already have the stock code so it seems you want to store it again (twice in the same table or - even worse - in another table). Both of these are very bad ideas. You should use the rel...