Time calculation 01-21-10

Hello,
I am working on the employee attendance data entry the time in and out
are based on short time format
i have created a report sorted by employee ID and by making the sum of
total hours per day in order to get how many wrking hours each
employee have im getting a wrong calculation
Example
ID  Employee   date                      totalk wrking hours
1    Tia           1/1/2010                        16:00
1    Tia           1/1/2010                        16:00
1    Tia           1/1/2010                       16:00
1    Tia           1/1/2010                        16:00
1    Tia           1/1/2010                        16:00
1    Tia           1/1/2010                        16:00
1    Tia           1/1/2010                       16:00
1    Tia           1/1/2010                        16:00
1    Tia           1/1/2010                        15:45
1    Tia           1/1/2010                        16:00
 =Sum([UMWORKINGPERDAY])          15:45
FORMAT SHORT TIME
WHAT I SHOULD GET IS 159:45:00
hOW CAN I MAKE THE CALCULATION

tHANK YOU IN ADVANCE
0
Tia

Try:

= Int(SUM(UMWORKINGPERDAY) * 24)  & Format( SUM(UMWORKINGPERDAY) ,
":nn:ss" )

Vanderghast, Access MVP

"Tia" <tia.abdelkarim@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I am working on the employee attendance data entry the time in and out
> are based on short time format
> i have created a report sorted by employee ID and by making the sum of
> total hours per day in order to get how many wrking hours each
> employee have im getting a wrong calculation
> Example
> ID  Employee   date                      totalk wrking hours
> 1    Tia           1/1/2010                        16:00
> 1    Tia           1/1/2010                        16:00
> 1    Tia           1/1/2010                       16:00
> 1    Tia           1/1/2010                        16:00
> 1    Tia           1/1/2010                        16:00
> 1    Tia           1/1/2010                        16:00
> 1    Tia           1/1/2010                       16:00
> 1    Tia           1/1/2010                        16:00
> 1    Tia           1/1/2010                        15:45
> 1    Tia           1/1/2010                        16:00
> =Sum([UMWORKINGPERDAY])          15:45
> FORMAT SHORT TIME
> WHAT I SHOULD GET IS 159:45:00
> hOW CAN I MAKE THE CALCULATION
>
> tHANK YOU IN ADVANCE

0
vanderghast
1/21/2010 2:29:40 PM
Points in time are generally stored in date/time fields. Durations should be
stored in a numeric field such as a double for hours or similar. Is there a
reason why you don't calculate your wrking hours as actual hours and not a
point in time? Typically you would use the DateDiff("n",[Start],[End])
function to get the number of minutes worked. You can easily sum this and
divide by 60 to get hours.  There are lots of answers on the web that show
how to convert hour values like 8.5 to look like 8:30. Again, 8.5 hrs seems
more descriptive than the time 8:30 which is about 1/2 hour later than I am
expected to arrive at work.

Duane Hookom
MS Access MVP

"Tia" <tia.abdelkarim@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I am working on the employee attendance data entry the time in and out
> are based on short time format
> i have created a report sorted by employee ID and by making the sum of
> total hours per day in order to get how many wrking hours each
> employee have im getting a wrong calculation
> Example
> ID  Employee   date                      totalk wrking hours
> 1    Tia           1/1/2010                        16:00
> 1    Tia           1/1/2010                        16:00
> 1    Tia           1/1/2010                       16:00
> 1    Tia           1/1/2010                        16:00
> 1    Tia           1/1/2010                        16:00
> 1    Tia           1/1/2010                        16:00
> 1    Tia           1/1/2010                       16:00
> 1    Tia           1/1/2010                        16:00
> 1    Tia           1/1/2010                        15:45
> 1    Tia           1/1/2010                        16:00
> =Sum([UMWORKINGPERDAY])          15:45
> FORMAT SHORT TIME
> WHAT I SHOULD GET IS 159:45:00
> hOW CAN I MAKE THE CALCULATION
>
> tHANK YOU IN ADVANCE

0
Duane

Auto calculating not working
For the first time in 20 years of using Excel, I am finding that auto calculation is not taking place whenever I add new entries to a range of cells included in, for example, the SUM function. I only get the correct results after invoking the function again. Even to calculate a fraction, the correct answer is not automatically updated if the numerator or denominator changes. Yesterday, I emailed the worksheet I was working on to my office neighbour's computer and I was able to edit the sheet and get the updated results automatically. Could there be something wrong with the...

vacation available not calculating
I have an employee setup with set hours of vacation accrual per pay period. This accrual is setup using payroll. The accrual calculates fine. The employee is setup as a hourly employee, the problem is when I pay the employee vacation time the vacation available does not subtract the hours. The vacation time is setup correctly as vacation type based on hourly. I know it recognizes it as a vacation type, because if try to pay more vacation hours then available I do get a message that available hours are not being sufficient. I am not sure why the available balance is not reduced by the amo...

Time zone
When I noticed the clock on my pc was wrong, I changed the time zone from Pacific to Eastern which is my correct U.S. time zone. After doing this, all of the items inserted as "all day" appointments in my monthly calendar are displayed with an image of a clock on either side of the appointment. The option to display clocks is turned off in the settings. Why is this happening and how can I prevent it from happening. Right now, I've had to put back the Pacific time zone and adjust to the pc not telling the right time. Is there any other solution? Thanks! ddlaz No ...

Calculated field does not appear in subtotal
Ive added a calculated field to a pivot table to get a very basic percentage, one field divided by another. This works fine, however when i try adding a subtotal for one of the columns the calculated filed is missing. All of the other subtotals appear. (Indicated by ??? in below extract, this may not show up properly depending on tabs). Anybody come accross this before and can anyone help please? Dec Grand Total Plano Low High Plano SumLow Sum High Sum 712 1,405 69 11,112 22,617 1,057 34,786 20 19 10 157 286 159 602 2.81% 1.35% 14.49% ??? ??? ??? 1.73% 16 17 8 119 230 123 472 2.25%...

Send/Receive continues 1000s of times
When Outlook does its regular send/receive it ends up sending and receiving thousands of times. The task pane shows an ever increasing number of tasks that it says have been completed successfully. When all it actually is doing is rechecking the mail accounts I have, over and over again. Literally thousands of times. This interferes with anything that I want to do in Outlook while this is going on. It seems to have started after I downloaded either the latest version of itunes or the latest version of Adobe (or some other application like that). Help! And thanks. Per Roady - MVP, th...

One time code
In either an SDI or MDI application, if I want to include some functionality ( such as serial port configuration and control thread) that can only be run once per application instance, where should that code go? I looked at the App class but it doesn't handle user messages ( at least by default ). Should the main code and worker thread go in the MainFrm class in the OnCreate function? Help? Ron H. ----------------- www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com - *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road ----------------- If it has to do with the "wi...

Outlook 2002 10-08-03
I have a users that when she has outlook opened, she selects tools, recover deleted items. When she does this she will see all her deleted items for breif second, and then Outlook shuts down. Has anyone expriereced this? ...

cpu time
Hi, Can you tell me about good tool for vs-6 that can tell me what functions in my application take the most cpu time? Thanks! In article <u$YZa3o9EHA.2680@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, dbg@012.net.il says... > Hi, > Can you tell me about good tool for vs-6 that can tell me what functions in > my application take the most cpu time? VS 6 includes a perfectly good profiler, which does exactly this. If you're working inside the environment, go to the link tab in the project settings, and click the "enable profiling" check box, then do a 'rebuild all' to gene...

Reducing repetitive calculation not working
A B C 1 Fruit Qty =INDEX($1:$1048576,2,2):INDEX($1:$1048576,4,2) 2 Apple 1 3 Orange 2 4 Apple 3 Why does =SUMIF(A2:A4,"Apple",B2:B4) return the correct value ... .... while =SUMIF(A2:A4,"Apple",C1) returns a #VALUE error ? The reason I'm not including the formula in C1 as the sum_range in the SUMIF formula is to reduce the number of duplicate calculations (100,000+). I tried creating a name with the formula in C1 and using the name in the SUMIF formula as the sum_range and that works. But since the sum_range changes, I would have to use the OFFSET function to inc...

Date + 10 days?
I have a field that shows the date I sent a notice to someone. I want to create a field that automatically shows the date the notice is due back, which is 10 days from the sent date. I would also like the field to show up in red when the due date is past. =?Utf-8?B?YXJjaDI1Mg==?= <arch252@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:9F8D2485-C1BB-41DB-8B94-E5DA949F87C2@microsoft.com: > I have a field that shows the date I sent a notice to someone. > I want to create a field that automatically shows the date > the notice is due back, which is 10 days from the sent date. >...

Book problems and solution for windows 7 09-23-10
Book problems and solution for windows 7 SBN: 978-1-4461-4031-4 / Copyright: ilias el issaoui / Language: English /page : 460 / file : pdf This book takes you step by step to a new world. The world of Windows 7, even if the new system were not know how to use it. Explain everything to you in pictures. You do not need to for a long time to learn In order not to remain afraid of not being able to follow up on your friends, neighbors or family members Problems and solutions for Windows 7 Is a book for all. To small and great. Anyone who wants to learn Do not miss the opportuni...

Time Out a MsgBox
I have a file that runs a macro when it is open. This file may be opened manually or automatically by a macro from another file. If the file is opened manually I would like a MsgBox to prompt the user to end the macro before it gets into the body of the code. If the file is opened automatically I would like the MsgBox to automatically respond after a time delay to allow the macro to continue running the bulk of the code. Is there anyway to force a response to a MsgBox after a preset amount of time with no response from the user? Hi, How about this instead which closes...

Calculating time and pay in excel
Hi, i'm trying to make a spreadsheet that can calculate pay per minute depending on an average length of time worked. Its driving me crazy and any help would be greatly appreciated! Coloumn A is length of time, at the bottom is a total time, next to that is an average length of time worked and this is then multiplied by the amount appropriate for that average. What would be the best way to work all of this out accurately? Many thanks for any help you can give Mark -- wobbleman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wobbleman's Profile: http://www.e...

run time error
When I attempt to import a text file (.txt) in to Access, an error occurs. Run-time error �3163�: The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. Try inserting or pasting less data When I click the Debug button this pops up: .Fields("TranType").Value = rs("MoveType").Value A different error occurs when save it to my desktop, and this is what happens.Run-time error �2185�: You can�t reference a property or method for a control unless the control has the focus. When I click the Debug button this pops up: MsgBox "Import File Not Found:&quo...

Start Time & End Time
I have a table of data for my Scheduled cutting list that is exported from another program into an Excel Spreadsheet and from this table I would like to be able to find the start and end time of the production runs automatically in a separate table. The table is set up like this Planned order Time Product Description Volume 12345 08:00:00 Product 1 3500 23435 11:32:00 Product 2 5680 14567 13:24:00 Product 3 10000 and so on. I can find the start time by us...

Am I behind the times?
I have just installed Exchange sp2 on my SBS 2008 boxes and all went well. One weird thing at the end of one of the installs it said Web Apps (I think) couldn't restore default configuration, but everything seems to be working just fine. So then I went to look for updates and I see a few that I must have missed. I use WSUS on the network. One is Exchange SP2 update rollup 3. Go for it or no? Second, Windows Server 2008 SP2. Yikes, when did that come out for SBS? I wonder why it never popped up before since it looks like it's been out for quite some time. Nonetheless, s...

Outlook 2003 03-24-10
When a meeting is schedule and the email is sent, I make a time change, update the meeting but the attendees do not get the notification unless I resend the meeting. "Barbara" <Barbara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8AEFBAC-A2C0-477A-B048-49DDA0FFF50F@microsoft.com... > When a meeting is schedule and the email is sent, I make a time change, > update the meeting but the attendees do not get the notification unless I > resend the meeting. You must send the update if you expect your attendees to know about it. -- Brian Tillman [MVP...

Transferring freight more than one time on a sales order
We frequently have partial shipments of sales orders and we leave the sales order open until everything has shipped instead of creating backorders. The system will allow you to have several tracking numbers for each order but you can only transfer the freight once. I would like to make the suggestion to be able to transfer freight more than one time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, ...

Incorrect Time Stamps
Exchange seems to be stamping the wrong time on emails and events sporadically. All the times on servers are correct. Any thoughts? -- Craig Tuttle - Level I Exchange Tech UCNSB.org The time stamp can also be handled by the client. Which exact time field is being stamped wrong? Have you verified that the client has the correct time (i.e. Daylight savings time set correctly)? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Craig Tuttle" <CraigTuttle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02D51926-77DC-43EB-A5B5-7A00F4530323@microsoft.com... > Exchange seems to b...

how do I stop re-calculated fields in excel from going "black"
When I change any cells in my excel spreadsheet and the sheet re-calculates any affected cells go black i.e. I can't see the new calculated figures in these cells? If I hit "F2 and then enter" the cell goes back to normal i.e I can see things normally? Hi there Pat, I assume you are using office 2003, You might want to set your calculations to manual. Tools>Options>Calculations : Then set to manual Hope this works for you Regards Garreth -- Thank you and Regards Garreth Lombard "Pat" wrote: > When I change any cells in...

How chart time scale x-axis with another date serie
Hello all. I have this problem, I will need to create this chart that I don't know how to. Serie 1 is below which needs to be time scaled Date Count 1/1/2006 12 1/2/2006 3 1/3/2006 5 2/1/2006 18 2/3/2006 4 2/18/2006 9 4/1/2006 18 7/4/2006 38 Serie 2 - needs to plot the three dates in serie 1's time scaled X-Axis with symbols. 1/31/2006 2/18/2006 4/2/2006 I will look something like you have a line of count on a time-scaled chart, with 3 dates point in the x-axis. Please ...

Activity default due time
I need to stop the default coming up as 12:00am and set it to something like 9am so people get reminders at reasonable times. How can this be done? thanks Adrian Adrian, If you don't mind writing a few lines of code, look at "Setting a default time in a date field" in Client Side Scripting - More JavaScript Code - Part 3 (http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JS12). -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup The ...

Outlook 2007 03-29-10
I installed office 2007, set up the mail - all was working wonderful. The user took the netbook home and for some reason cou;dn't access the email. So she decided to uninstall office 2007. I re-installed it but now get the following message: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The information store could not be opened. I have run scanpst; resetnavpane; set up a new profile and finally re-installed office again, but to no avail. What do you suggest i try now? "Nita" <olivernita@gmail....

Time / Negative Time
Hi, If, for instance, in Excel you write 17:00 - 16:30, it will produc 0:30. However, 16:30 - 17:00 will produce #####, understandibly because you cannot have - ? o'clock. By formatting this to a number can produce -0.5. What if I still want to represent the decimal, but out of 60, so that can still get -0.30. I have tried messing about with fractions and still can't get it. Any ideas? Thanks, -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com On Thu, 13 May 2004 17:33:58 -0500, Kiaat <<Kiaat.167uek@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >Hi, > >If, for insta...

How Can I Know last time was activity on a database
I'm doing a process that uses databases from sys.databases. I would like to know when is the last time happened some activity there. (insert, update) I've tryed to look at sys.tables but only shows me last structural change on it. Not last time data has changed. How this can be done? Carles Oriol SQL Server doesn't store this information (imagine the overhead for all those who doesn't need it). You can for instance use a trigger to keep track of that information. -- Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp http://sq...