there isn't enough free memory to refresh the display

I'm working with a table of over 1 million records. After running a query  I
try open it in design view I get the above message.

Any suggestions how to get rid of this

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 16:29:01 -0800, Siegfried
<Siegfried@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

Run it on a machine with more memory, or perhaps switch to a server
database like SQL Server. Are you talking about a select query or an
action query?

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>I'm working with a table of over 1 million records. After running a query  I
>try open it in design view I get the above message.
>
>Any suggestions how to get rid of this
0
Tom

Enough. Where is the policy?
Okay, Who the heck is in charge on these groups? Someone totally hidden and entirely unaccountable..? What's the posting policy and where the heck is some honesty about how these groups are moderated..? Where is the FAQ..? (or FAQs..?) Yes, I've had it. I'm upset that 1 or 2 critical posts I made didn't get posted. So, you can contact me at: ==================================================== Scott Davis, 45 Dunfield Av, Unit 2117 Self-Employed Toronto, ON, Canada, M4S 2H4 Tech Consultant Mobile. (416) 432-4334 The IP addrs I use to post all UseNet: 66.207.21...

Disable Query Refresh warning dialog box in Excel 2003
I'm using Office 2003. I have an Excel file that pulls data from a Microsoft Query. Every time I open the Excel file, a 'Query Refresh' dialog box appears allowing me to choose between 'Enable automatic refresh' or 'Disable automatic refresh'. I want to be able to permanently disable this box from appearing every time I open the file. I was told that this dialog box in Office XP would allow you to select to not see it again, but this option is not available in Office 2003. I have tried every setting I can think of, but nothing seems to work. Also, there seem ...

display fields in the same place?
Hi, I would like, on a form, to display different fields depending on the selected item in a picklist. I have four items, and for each of them, a different field to display. I would of course like that these fields be displayed in the same place, which they somehow should be on top of each other, only one of them displayed at a time of course. Is that possible? Thanks a lot, Hi It is possible with Java Script but it is not supported by Microsoft. "m1sterd" wrote: > Hi, > > I would like, on a form, to display different fields depending on the > selected item i...

Antivirus Free Download
Antivirus recognized a free download to your computer, who knows Microsoft recommends at: http://yourantivirusfreedownloadonthissite.blogspot.com/ Content Site Links: http://yourantivirusfreedownloadonthissite.blogspot.com/ http://yourantivirusfreedownloadonthissite.blogspot.com/2010/01/what-is-antivirus.html http://yourantivirusfreedownloadonthissite.blogspot.com/2010/01/free-download-antivirus-recommended-by.html http://yourantivirusfreedownloadonthissite.blogspot.com/2010/01/antivirus-objectives.html http://yourantivirusfreedownloadonthissite.blogspot.com/2010/01/antivirus-functions.h...

HTML email now displays as text
All of a sudden in the last few weeks, subscription emails that had always come to me as beautiful html pages now come as text, with a bunch of links and no images. I'm thinking maybe it was an update that's caused the problem. I'm using Outlook 2003 (11.8206.8202) SP3 on Win XP. Any suggestions? -- Dena Jo Email goes to denajo2 at the dot com variation of the Yahoo domain. Plonk the bastards: http://www.panix.com/~mwsm/trolls.html We know of an issue on Vista which is fixed by a hotfix (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951982) I don't see where it says vista on...

Limit Memory Usage
Is there a way to limit the memory usage for the w3wp.exe process that is used by CRM? Right now, it's using up a lot of memory and I would prefer to limit it if it won't hurt performance. It seems to me like the IIS cache for the CRM website just grows this memory more and more throughout the day without "releasing" any memory. -- Brandon Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com Figured out that to do this you can go into the properties of the CRMAppPool inside of IIS Application Pools and set a "max...

Displaying Labels Used In A Chart
Hey Guys I'm using the following code to set the colours of the slices of all the pie charts in my spreadsheet based on each slice's legend's label: VB: AutoLinked keywords will cause extra spaces before keywords. Extra spacing is NOT transferred when copy/pasting, but IS if the keyword uses "quotes". Sub SetPieChartColours() ' Iterates through all pie charts in the dashboard and apply colours to the appropriate legends ' Colour indices: ' Passed (Green) 10 ' Not Completed (Yellow) 19 ' No run (Blue) ...

Not enough memory?
I am trying to send a 172MB attachment, but get the message "Not enough memory"? I have 4 GB RAM installed, with a net of 2.87 GB available with nothing running and 735GB avilable on my hard drive. Why am I getting this message? Is there a size limitation in Windows Mail? -- McM I don't know of any server that would allow a 172MB message. Even if they did, you'd probably end up with a really teed-off recipient when they tried to download it. Use an upload site. Here are a couple, but you can Google for more. Upload large files. An alternative to e-mail....

Steps in displaying a UTF-16 BMP value using TextOutW() ???
Assuming that the typeface represents the character in question, exactly what additional steps are required to display a character glyph that is within the Basic Multi-lingual Plane? Do I have to select a specific CharSet that differs depending upon the BMP value? lfCharSet Specifies the character set. The following values are predefined: ANSI_CHARSET BALTIC_CHARSET CHINESEBIG5_CHARSET DEFAULT_CHARSET EASTEUROPE_CHARSET GB2312_CHARSET GREEK_CHARSET HANGUL_CHARSET MAC_CHARSET OEM_CHARSET RUSSIAN_CHARSET SHIFTJIS_CHARSET SYMBOL_CHARSET TURKISH_CHARSET I don't think these actually ap...

Free memory of CWebBrowser.
I am loading a browser in my C++ application. I use CWebBrowser class embebed in CDialog class. Several instances are loaded from CDialog class. When I close any CDialog instance (with DestroyWindow) memory is not free in my application. I precise to free memory because it is critical in my system. Any suggestion will be appreciated. -- javi Are you using new to instantiate the CWebBrowser objects? Use delete to free them. AliR. "javi" <javi.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3C60C15B-68BC-4D02-A30E-CC0457019840@microsoft.com... >I am loading a browser in my C++...

Unable to retrieve free/busy for a couple of users
At least 2 users free/busy information is unavailable. Probably everyone else is okay. Both allow 12mo of published data and have appointments on their calendar. Everybody is on the same Exchange2003SP2 server. On Sat, 3 Jun 2006 13:36:01 -0700, Mark <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >At least 2 users free/busy information is unavailable. Probably everyone else >is okay. Both allow 12mo of published data and have appointments on their >calendar. Everybody is on the same Exchange2003SP2 server. Have them start outlook with the /cleanfreebusy switch and see if that h...

FreeExamKing.com free test questions and answers for all IT certification exams
http://www.FreeExamKing.com FreeExamKing is the leader in supplying certification candidates with current and up-to-date training materials for Microsoft Certification and Exam preparation. FreeExamKing Microsoft resources are constantly being revised and updated for relevance and accuracy. We 100% guarantee the materials with quality and reliability which will help you pass any Microsoft certification exam. http://www. FreeExamKing.com ...

Suppress Autonumber record from displaying on the form
I have a query that feeds the form. I would like to only show the query results without the Autonumber record showing up at the very end. Is it possible to suppress it. Thanks MSA MSA wrote: > I have a query that feeds the form. I would like to only show the > query results without the Autonumber record showing up at the very > end. Is it possible to suppress it. > > Thanks > MSA Set the Form's AllowAdditions property to No. -- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP Email (as appropriate) to... RBrandt at Hunter dot com ...

Free Golf Clubs.............
Get a set of FREE Custom Built Wedges valued at over $200. We Need Your Feedback. Get free 52�, 56� and 60� Wedges custom made to your exact specifications just like the pros. Discover how custom made golf clubs maximize your accuracy, distance and control. A major manufacturer wants your feedback on their new technology for 2007. To participate simply fill out the information below to opt in to our newsletter and ordering instructions will be provided. http://www.tinyurl.com/2d8hww ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- --This...

store.exe memory usage
Hello all I am having some strange things happening on my exchange server and when looking at a few things in the task manager I noticed that the memory usage for the store.exe process is at about 600meg. I restarted the server and it's now at about 200meg. Does that look right? I am not an exchange guru so any help would be great. Also, can you point me to any sites that deal with exchange management. Thanks I only have about 300 mailboxes "Paul" <pauled@NOSPAM.iu08.org> wrote in message news:evMq%235tdHHA.4784@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello all > >...

not enough memory when sorting email
I continue to get an error message saying I don't have enough memory for my e-mail rules used for sorting my e- mail into their proper boxes. CAn you please increase it? Can it be solved? ...

free graphic editor?
Hello: Microsoft photoeditor being no more included with office, is there any equivalent free software with similar peformances, that start up in a fraction of second, selecting (rectangular area) possible (for copy/paste), and supporting multi-pages tif (not available with photoed.exe), without being huge in size ?? any help is appreciated. Maurice Maurice wrote: > Hello: > > Microsoft photoeditor being no more included with office, is there any > equivalent free software with similar peformances, that start up in a > fraction of second, selecting...

Pole Display setup
I Have a WINCOR NIXDORF pole Display I cannot get to work.. The Display runs from COM4, but COM4 has an explanation mark showing (CODE 10) The Resources should be : I/O Range 0270 – 0277 IRG 11 I have tried uninstalling the port and installing again but still (CODE 10) Am I missing something??? Please help Thanks Dan Updating your drivers? Or at least install the correct one. "Danc383@hotmail.com" <Danc383hotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DDC46976-EB0B-408E-9B25-1771FBCF7652@microsoft.com... >I Have a WINCOR NIXDORF pole Display I cannot ge...

not enough resources
Hi there Hope someone can help. I am running excel 2002, and just recently been getting messages when trying to save work. Its all ok for about an hour then it locks up when I try to save, when I have 2 or 3 workbooks open. It says not enough resources close some other running programs. I am not running any others at the time. after many trys it finally says disk full. I am running xp home, service pack 2. I have plenty of disk space about 10gb so that's not the problem. any help would be appreciated. Also when I now start up excel a blank workbook appears this never used to. Also when I o...

Adding Memory to Server
We are running GP 9 on Microsoft Serevr2003, SP1 on a dual processor Compaq server with 2 GB RAM An older document on GP 8 hardware requirements states the boot.ini file should enable the /3GB and/or /PAE switch if more than 2 GB RAM is available. Then the doc references Microsoft article 283037. This VERY confusing article appears to conflict itself regarding these two switches. And it also states the /3Gb and /PAE switches are used when more than 4 GB RAM is available. The article discusses dramatic performance problems when RAM switches are not correctly set. I was unable to fin...

How to display 2 scales on left and right?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to display 2 different scales on left and right? For example, I get data under 3 column Date data1 data2 ... .. .. I would like to show the range for data1 on left and data2 on right. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Eric - In general, if you have two or more data series, you can select a data series and choose to display the data series on a secondary axis. For more specific instructions, please specify the version of Excel, e.g., 2003 SP3 or 2007 SP2. - Mike http://www.M...

Not enough memory to load graphics
Hi there, I've got a problem with Microsoft Publisher 2000. Whenever I try and paste a bitmap, it brings up the message that "publisher doesnt have enough memory to load graphics or embedded objects". Now, this doesnt happen on my 4 years old computer, it happens on my brand new computer - it has 2.8GHZ, 512MB RAM, 20GB Hard Drive. Why? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Omar <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I've got a problem with Microsoft Publisher 2000. Whenever > I try and paste a bitmap, it brings up...

Quote : display attachment (path) in the view
Hi all, Is it possible to open the quote attchment from the view without wasting time opening the form and the tab of the notes (CRM works very slow) Thanks Hi, No, I am afraid; it is not possible through view. You need to open the notes. One possible workaround can be with the help of some coding; Add a button through isv.confg on top of quote grid and write some code which opens the attachment of the first selected quote in the grid. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.micr...

url clicking displays web toolbar
Whenever a url is clicked from a form, the web toolbar shows up out of nowhere. Can I stop this? thanks in advance, magmike In the open event of you form try something like: ' trun off web tool bar DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Web", acToolbarNo magmike wrote: >Whenever a url is clicked from a form, the web toolbar shows up out of >nowhere. Can I stop this? > >thanks in advance, > >magmike -- Boyd Trimmell aka HiTechCoach http://www.hitechcoach.com http://www.officeprogramming.com Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Refreshing list
Hello! Okay, in the general goings on, this is pretty minor, but it is frustrating so perhaps someone can help. I only use WM for newsgroup access and as such, expand many entries of various groups to follow threads. As I'm in a thread reading, the WM list of articles will refresh and reset itself back to the top of the list and I lose my place. It doesn't close a thread and I can get back to it and on occasion after a "flash" refresh of the list the highlight even stays on the item I'm reading, but very often my place is gone and I have to reposition ...