Stopping mouse wheel in Access 2003

Private Sub Form_Load()
' Turn the MouseWheel Off
Dim blRet As Boolean
' Call our MouseHook function in the MouseHook dll.
' Please note the Optional GlobalHook BOOLEAN parameter
' Several developers asked for the MouseHook to be able to work with
' multiple instances of Access. In order to accomodate this request I
' have modified the function to allow the caller to
' specify a thread specific(this current instance of Access only) or
' a global(all applications) MouseWheel Hook.
' Only use the GlobalHook if you will be running multiple instances of
Access!
    blRet = MouseWheelOFF(False)
End Sub

I have tried loading this code as an event on the OnLoad event on a
form to stop the mouse wheel function but it is not working.
Any suggestions on what to do would be appreciated?

Cheers
0
duncanjx

Did you put the main code for the MouseWheel function into a separate module
in your database?  It needs more than just this code in a form.

Rob

<duncanjx@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Private Sub Form_Load()
> ' Turn the MouseWheel Off
> Dim blRet As Boolean
> ' Call our MouseHook function in the MouseHook dll.
> ' Please note the Optional GlobalHook BOOLEAN parameter
> ' Several developers asked for the MouseHook to be able to work with
> ' multiple instances of Access. In order to accomodate this request I
> ' have modified the function to allow the caller to
> ' specify a thread specific(this current instance of Access only) or
> ' a global(all applications) MouseWheel Hook.
> ' Only use the GlobalHook if you will be running multiple instances of
> Access!
>    blRet = MouseWheelOFF(False)
> End Sub
>
> I have tried loading this code as an event on the OnLoad event on a
> form to stop the mouse wheel function but it is not working.
> Any suggestions on what to do would be appreciated?
>
> Cheers

0
Rob
2/18/2008 8:58:18 PM
On Feb 19, 6:58=A0am, "Rob Parker"
<NOSPAMrobppar...@optusnet.com.au.REMOVETHIS> wrote:
> Did you put the main code for the MouseWheel function into a separate modu=
le
> in your database? =A0It needs more than just this code in a form.
>
> Rob
>
> <dunca...@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

> > Private Sub Form_Load()
> > ' Turn the MouseWheel Off
> > Dim blRet As Boolean
> > ' Call our MouseHook function in the MouseHook dll.
> > ' Please note the Optional GlobalHook BOOLEAN parameter
> > ' Several developers asked for the MouseHook to be able to work with
> > ' multiple instances of Access. In order to accomodate this request I
> > ' have modified the function to allow the caller to
> > ' specify a thread specific(this current instance of Access only) or
> > ' a global(all applications) MouseWheel Hook.
> > ' Only use the GlobalHook if you will be running multiple instances of
> > Access!
> > =A0 =A0blRet =3D MouseWheelOFF(False)
> > End Sub
>
> > I have tried loading this code as an event on the OnLoad event on a
> > form to stop the mouse wheel function but it is not working.
> > Any suggestions on what to do would be appreciated?
>
> > Cheers- Hide quoted text -

Hi
I just tried to add it to an event within the form for the OnLoad
event.
Duncan
0
duncanjx
2/18/2008 9:08:13 PM
On Feb 19, 6:58=A0am, "Rob Parker"
<NOSPAMrobppar...@optusnet.com.au.REMOVETHIS> wrote:
> Did you put the main code for the MouseWheel function into a separate modu=
le
> in your database? =A0It needs more than just this code in a form.
>
> Rob
>
> <dunca...@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

> > Private Sub Form_Load()
> > ' Turn the MouseWheel Off
> > Dim blRet As Boolean
> > ' Call our MouseHook function in the MouseHook dll.
> > ' Please note the Optional GlobalHook BOOLEAN parameter
> > ' Several developers asked for the MouseHook to be able to work with
> > ' multiple instances of Access. In order to accomodate this request I
> > ' have modified the function to allow the caller to
> > ' specify a thread specific(this current instance of Access only) or
> > ' a global(all applications) MouseWheel Hook.
> > ' Only use the GlobalHook if you will be running multiple instances of
> > Access!
> > =A0 =A0blRet =3D MouseWheelOFF(False)
> > End Sub
>
> > I have tried loading this code as an event on the OnLoad event on a
> > form to stop the mouse wheel function but it is not working.
> > Any suggestions on what to do would be appreciated?
>
> > Cheers- Hide quoted text -

Hi Rob
I am using the datbase in a shared environment as well.
Some staff are accidently scrolling through some extra records.
Duncan
0
duncanjx
2/18/2008 9:14:09 PM
Hi Duncan,

Did you put the accompanying .dll file in an appropriate folder on each
user's system?

Rob

<duncanjx@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
On Feb 19, 6:58 am, "Rob Parker"
<NOSPAMrobppar...@optusnet.com.au.REMOVETHIS> wrote:
> Did you put the main code for the MouseWheel function into a separate
> module
> in your database? It needs more than just this code in a form.
>
> Rob
>
> <dunca...@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

> > Private Sub Form_Load()
> > ' Turn the MouseWheel Off
> > Dim blRet As Boolean
> > ' Call our MouseHook function in the MouseHook dll.
> > ' Please note the Optional GlobalHook BOOLEAN parameter
> > ' Several developers asked for the MouseHook to be able to work with
> > ' multiple instances of Access. In order to accomodate this request I
> > ' have modified the function to allow the caller to
> > ' specify a thread specific(this current instance of Access only) or
> > ' a global(all applications) MouseWheel Hook.
> > ' Only use the GlobalHook if you will be running multiple instances of
> > Access!
> > blRet = MouseWheelOFF(False)
> > End Sub
>
> > I have tried loading this code as an event on the OnLoad event on a
> > form to stop the mouse wheel function but it is not working.
> > Any suggestions on what to do would be appreciated?
>
> > Cheers- Hide quoted text -

Hi Rob
I am using the datbase in a shared environment as well.
Some staff are accidently scrolling through some extra records.
Duncan

0
Rob
2/18/2008 9:17:35 PM
On Feb 19, 7:17=A0am, "Rob Parker"
<NOSPAMrobppar...@optusnet.com.au.REMOVETHIS> wrote:
> Hi Duncan,
>
> Did you put the accompanying .dll file in an appropriate folder on each
> user's system?
>
> Rob
>
> <dunca...@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

> On Feb 19, 6:58 am, "Rob Parker"
>

> <NOSPAMrobppar...@optusnet.com.au.REMOVETHIS> wrote:
> > Did you put the main code for the MouseWheel function into a separate
> > module
> > in your database? It needs more than just this code in a form.
>
> > Rob
>
> > <dunca...@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

> > > Private Sub Form_Load()
> > > ' Turn the MouseWheel Off
> > > Dim blRet As Boolean
> > > ' Call our MouseHook function in the MouseHook dll.
> > > ' Please note the Optional GlobalHook BOOLEAN parameter
> > > ' Several developers asked for the MouseHook to be able to work with
> > > ' multiple instances of Access. In order to accomodate this request I
> > > ' have modified the function to allow the caller to
> > > ' specify a thread specific(this current instance of Access only) or
> > > ' a global(all applications) MouseWheel Hook.
> > > ' Only use the GlobalHook if you will be running multiple instances of=

> > > Access!
> > > blRet =3D MouseWheelOFF(False)
> > > End Sub
>
> > > I have tried loading this code as an event on the OnLoad event on a
> > > form to stop the mouse wheel function but it is not working.
> > > Any suggestions on what to do would be appreciated?
>
> > > Cheers- Hide quoted text -

> Hi Rob
> I am using the datbase in a shared environment as well.
> Some staff are accidently scrolling through some extra records.
> Duncan- Hide quoted text -

Hi Rob
Not sure how to set that up???????
Duncan
0
duncanjx
2/19/2008 12:59:56 PM
Hi Duncan,

I'm afraid I can't give you a definitive answer for this.

If all your users are on a local network, and are in the same physical
location, you could simply go to each workstation and copy the .dll file to
an appropriate folder.

If that's not possible, and your application is already distributed to
users, you could send them the .dll file in a email and tell them where to
put it.  This is a non-foolproof method, and the world is full of fools.

If you're distributing your application via some packaging method, then you
could include the .dll file in the package - probably with a
self-installation script.  I've never done this, so can't offer any advice -
try searching this (or better, the microsoft.public.access.*) newsgroups, or
post a new question regarding this subject.

I was going to suggest that you trap the error that will arise from the
MouseWheelOFF call, and show a messagebox telling them how to fix the
problem, in their/your local environment, but my testing now shows that it's
a non-trappable compile error (Sub or Function undefined), and I don't know
how to detect that. Again, a new post with a different subject line (and not
in the .queries newsgroup) might be useful for you.

Sorry I can't help more,

Rob

<duncanjx@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
On Feb 19, 7:17 am, "Rob Parker"
<NOSPAMrobppar...@optusnet.com.au.REMOVETHIS> wrote:
> Hi Duncan,
>
> Did you put the accompanying .dll file in an appropriate folder on each
> user's system?
>
> Rob

<snip>

Hi Rob
Not sure how to set that up???????
Duncan

0
Rob

What is that add on in Pub. 2003
What do you call that program that is on the $209.00 version? More Money -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. Hi Joseph A Zupko (unmonitored@sbcglobal.net) in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || What do you call that program that is on the $209.00 version? It's Microsoft Digital Image Pro 9 (less the clipart). -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties...

Problem accessing Mail Store...
I have a unique problem I hope someone has an answer to. We currently have four Exchange servers in our environment; 2 Front –End’s and 2 Back-End’s all in the same Administrative Group. I RDP into the servers to run routine administrative chores, and up until about two months ago I could access the mail store of any of the server from the Exchange 2003 System Manager on my Windows XP Pro workstation. Recently, I am unable to communicate with the mail store on one of the back-end servers, unless I log into the server itself. Even if I log into one of the other Exchange servers, I ...

Two Servers Simultaneous Write Access to Fibre Channel
In a normal configuration, two Windows servers cannot both have write access to a fibre channel logical volume without potentially corrupting the volume. What are the *cheapest* options - using either standard Windows software or a third party file system - that would allow two Windows servers to simultaneously have write access to a single fibre channel volume? -- W Hi W, this will only be possible with some "art" of clustered file systems. There is currently only one from Microsoft available (CSV) which is free but currently ONLY for Hyper-V usage supported. ...

stops responding

Where is the .ost file ? Outlook 2003
I want to use the inbox repair tool. I did find the scanost and scanpst files in the "1033" folder on my HDD. I wanted to use the scanpst file to scan .ost as you can scan either file, but when I searched for the location --- ending in microsoft\outlook ---- there wa no .ost file. I also scanned my HDD for .ost could not find that extension. And I do run in cached mode. I did use the scanost, but also wanted to use the scanpst tool drill to the location of the .ost file, change the file extension and run. Thanks, Bob Did you check this directory? C:\Doc...

Report problem using Vista and Access 2003
I have Office Pro 2003 and I am running Vista. I am having problems creating and/or opening Reports in Access 2003 for an existing database or a newly created one. When I request a print of an existing report nothing happens. I cannot even see the report in design mode. When I attempt to create a new report with the Wizard it takes me to the very end and then indicates that the process cannot be completed. The design mode will not even display Is there a configuration issue that must be addressed? Just a wild guess: Do you have a default printer set up? -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft ...

Further to 2003 home page
How do I remove the trasaction from showing as income without deleting it from the account it is transfered to Best to keep the discussion in one thread. You never did give enough information to understand the first issue--why's a transfer showing as income somewhere in Money--so it's premature to address this one. "Dv.towle" <Dvtowle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90B0A83B-B1D2-49BF-B1BB-73A8E8DFCA8C@microsoft.com... > How do I remove the trasaction from showing as income without deleting it > from the account it is transfered to &qu...

Pivot Table - wont refresh
I've not experienced this problem in Excel 2000, but after upgrading to Excel 2003, there's an odd problem. Has anyone experience something similar - User error or bug? The problem: 1. Create pivot table with pivot table 'pages'. 2. The page selection list includes a listing that is not in the raw data. Refreshing the pivot table wont reset. It is possible to ascertain from the list order, which data item is being incorrectly shown. 3. In the raw data, replace the name of the incorrectly displayed data item with something else (eg 'ABC') 4. refresh the pivot tab...

blue stop screen 0x0000007E

distribution list size in exchange 2003
Hi there I have a SBS2003 machine, with some folders underneath the public folders. these folders contain contacts in distribution lists. I am getting intermittent errors when I attempt to update some of the information for some of these contacts in the distribution lists... the errors relate to Distribution list is too large to save onto your network email server" Just wondering what the size limit is for a distribution list residing in public folders in exchange 2003? Client using outlook xp Check out: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;238569&P...

Software Asset Management w/ Access
Our company is try to document the software that we use (in addition to updating information about BMPs) and have on file. Essentially, we want to have a way to keep track of all software that is purchased and where it is installed. Has anyone had experience building a database that keeps track of something like this (with the understanding information would be manually entered)? Or would this be better suited to Excel? While our company only has about 25 computers, we have hundreds of pieces of software accumulated over the years with registration codes and the like. Once again, I'm just...

recipient policy stopped working

Accessing Outlook via the comm objects
The applications that I developed to run Outlook via the comm objects are now inoperable due to a security patch issued for Outlook 2000. Given these processes run in the background, I have found no way around the security warning prompt. I suspect this patch has rendered several apps useless and I am wondering if there is a way of identifying "friendly", if you will, external applications that can be ignored by the Outlook security. See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/sec.htm for your options with regard to the "object model guard" security in Outlook 2000 SP2 and l...

Exchange 2003 and NDR
Hello A little trouble with NDR configuration. I want to avoid NRD messages to Internet or also to my AD users. I'd like to concentrate all the NDR messages on a postmaster's address. The Exchange 2003 server manages the local domain (AD) and my society's internet domain (@masociete.com) I have cleared the parameter "Allow non-delivery reports " in the Global Settings and add the postmaster address under Under Administrative Groups/First Administrative Group/Servers/Protocols/SMTP. And after, I have restarted Exchange. But it seems to not work. If i send a mail to a...

Write Conflict in Access with SQL server Tables
I have a write conflict as described by several others when trying to update or add new information into forms or tables in an access database linked to SQL Server tables through an ODBC connection. The problem happens after I have changed the tables through SQL Server Enterprise manager and then go back to working through Access. I have refreshed the tables in SQL Server, deleted and re-linked the Tables in Access and have even made a new ODBC connection and again re-linked the Tables. Any suggestions? RW Some type of fields will give you trouble with the optimistic locking mecanism ...

Stop all macros
I have a button on a form, which should do different things depending on 1. The data contained within the current record; 2. Whether the current record is a 'new record'; 3. Whether the current record is the first record in the form. On click, an embedded macro is initiated. Each step in the embedded macro has a condition and a corresponding 'RunMacro' action. All the conditions are mutually exclusive, and each sub-macro has a final step of 'StopAllMacros'. So the embedded macro should trigger one, and only one sub-macro. However, it appears that what is act...

Stopping the scroll bar
Hi all, this is my first time. I don't know if this is the right place for this problem but here I go. I have created a template of an invoice the size of an A4 and would like to stop the scroll bar moving both horizantally and vertically in normal view just as if it was in print view. Is that possible through VBA and if yes what is the code that I would need to achieve such task. Thanks in advance --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Not too sure what you are after but you can remove the scrollbars with <Tools - Options> and then in the View tab, at the bottom,...

about multithreading locking a resource for access
Hi! Here is some text from e-learning that I find strange. It says: "You can configure locks so that only a single thread may access the resource at a given time or so that a specified number of threads may access the resource simultaneously." Now why on earth would anyone want to lock a resource so that a specified number of threads may access the resource simultaneously. This sound strange becuse that would cause a lot of error whan several threads interfere with each other operation. For example if several threads update an integer in a class you will get a resul...

My email expired on Microsoft Passport. How do I access Money?
Have been accessing Money 2002 through Microsoft Passport for several years, but always 'off-line'. The login email address became inactive when I forgot the password, but since Passport remembered the password, I was always able to access Money off-line. Well, the password has been corrupted, the email address inactive, and I don't know how to access my Money file. Can anyone help me? PLEASE? ...

POP3 access problem in Outlook XP / Windows XP
Using Outlook XP on Windows XP, when we tried to download mails from POP3 server, it is taking atlease 2 minutes to ask password or to start donloading message. Why is there a 2 minute delay? But the same is taking less than 1 minute in Outlook 97 + Windows 98 combination. This is a long shot, but try disabling the integration with Instant Messenger in Tools | Options | Other and see if that speeds things up. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** ...

Stopping a Campaign Temporarily
Hi, My client has executed the campaign in Jan 1st 2006 and the end date is Dec 31st 2006. But he wants to stop the campaign temporarily from 15th July 2006 and again start it from 1st Aug 2006. So what is that I need to do for this thing, i have never come across this kind of situation before. Thanks in advance. Regards, Shabbir. ...

Excahnge 2003 Space Issues
Hello, I keep running out of space on the drive holding my mail store. I have put the public folder store on another drive, turned on circular logging and put those on another drive as well. We have recently recovered from an Exchange disaster and are ExMerging all of our backups back into mailboxes and it's taking up more space than it used to. Also, we have set all policies to delete purged items after zero days. Does anyone know how to manually delete purged items from the Exchange server? Anyone have any tips? I appreciate it! When you recovered data using Exmerge, the Single In...