Specific filter for the data in a field

Hello,

In a field there are entries that have the symbol * entered for some reason.
For example:
DBW*R2
3*FLEW
QQ*IF94

How can I filter and find all the data in that field that has "*" entered. I
can't seem to find the filter for it.

Thanks
Dimitris

0
Dimitris

On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 14:29:28 +0200, "Dimitris" <ipackREMOVE@otenet.gr>
wrote:

Use this expression:
Like "*[*]*"

This means a wildcard followed by an asterisk followed by a wildcard.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>Hello,
>
>In a field there are entries that have the symbol * entered for some reason.
>For example:
>DBW*R2
>3*FLEW
>QQ*IF94
>
>How can I filter and find all the data in that field that has "*" entered. I
>can't seem to find the filter for it.
>
>Thanks
>Dimitris

0
Tom

SMTP Filter
I have a SBS 2000 Premium Box, I installed ISA, smtp filter and seem to be working, because I do not receive those email with those specific attachments. If I specify to put those emails on hold. How can I see those emails that were put on hold? Or can I rerouted these emails with forbidden attachments to an specific mailbox within the same Exchange organization? Yes, you can forward them to a specific mailbox. Click the dropdown box and choose what you want to do with those emails. -- Regards, Marina Microsoft SBS-MVP <Ineedtoknow@knolwedge.com> schreef in bericht news:1b9501c...

Separatting Data in Columns
Thank you to all in advance for your clever assistance. Problem: I've data separated by a comma in a column which needs to be in two columns. Is there a quick to achieve this? Data>Text to columns>Separated>Commas -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "G. Allen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E68847DD-080E-428F-BE5B-E393A5AE40A4@microsoft.com... > Thank you to all in advance for your clever assistance. Problem: I've data separated by a comma in a column which needs to be in two columns. Is there a quick to ...

Moving data range in chart
I have a spreadsheet that I continually add data to. I have a chart based on the data. My problem is I want the chart to only show the last 5 data points entered in the spreadsheet and continue to do so ass I add more data. Example Data: LOT NUMBER DATA 1 13 2 12 3 14 4 12 5 13 6 15 As I add data I want the chart to show only the last 5 entries (in this case lots 2-6). Is there a simple way to do this? ...

picking from a specific list in a combo box
I have a form that has a combo box called "contact" that refers to a table called "Contacts". I would like to pick from a list of contacts for a specific client without displaying all of the names in the contacts table, just the ones that match the name of the client on the main form. I've tried joining the ID's in the relationships but it doesn't seem to work for me. Any help appreciated! Thanks Lee -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200802/1 Try to set the controlsource of the combobox to a qu...

Look-up Wizard not pulling all fields from a Query
I have a query built off of multiple Linked table that provides Staff information for my database. I am building a table that is basically a junction table, between this query and another table, Education/ Courses, to show what employee has taken what classes. When I use the Look-up Wizard to create a field on the new table (ClassInput), it is not showing all of the fields of my query, some of which are very important, i.e. First_Name, Last_Name etc. Does anyone know why this would be happening. Steve Many of us veteran developers hate lookup fields http://www.mvps.org/access/l...

Column of data #2
I have a column of data from A1:A1024, how can I use Excel to list the mean,standard error,median,mode standard deviation,sample variance, Kurtosis, skewness, range,minimum,maximum,sum,count,largest(1) smallest(1) and confidence level at the bottom of the column. Knowledge001 wrote: > I have a column of data from A1:A1024, how > can I use Excel to list the mean, standard > error,median,mode standard deviation,sample > variance, Kurtosis, skewness, range,minimum, > maximum,sum, count,largest(1) smallest(1) and > confidence level at the bottom of the column. You have b...

Selecting data between to specific dates in a form
Sorry if this is an easy one but I am new to this area. I have created a query from our SQL database that list all hours booked by eack employee and the date booked, from when we 1st started collectin thi information. I am wanting to create a form that anyone can go into and select a date range so that the can calculate the hours between these dates. Th other problem that I have got is that the date are in number format and not in date. How dan I format this correctly? Regards The first thing to do will be to convert your number field into a real date/time field. To do that: 1. Ope...

Data in a text box depending on the type of data choosing "text" (i.e. Drop ship) or "a time (.i.e. 05:00 PM)
Hi all, If there a way I can have a something on my form that allow me to choose which type of data I will enter into a feild? And whatever the data type entered, the data will appear on my detail section report. I'm explaining, I have form made from a query and that same query came from a table, and have two feilds names in my table which I will like to choose to enter one or the other type od data (i.e. Drop ship) or "a time (.i.e. 05:00 PM) Does anyone have an idea, how this kind of function? can be made. Thanking you in advance for your continuous free support Fred's A...

E-Mailing a specific page of a report
I have lengthy report that is grouped by Zone ID. I want to e-mail the zone supervisor the pages of this report as an attachment (in a snapshot format) that deal with just their zone. currently we e-mail the whole report and the hunt for their information. The zone supervisor e-mail address is in a table called 'tblZones' I don't want to have to create a report with a corresponding query (if possible) for each zone. I am currently using sendobject to deliver this report. However we are not always notified of supervisor changes and would like to use the e-mail address...

how come my rules are not filtering the body of messages?
how come my rules are not filtering the body of messages? they work fine filtering other fields. James, Can you provide more information. Do you have a rule setup that is not working? Does it give you an error? -- Francine Otterson President, San Diego Outlook User Group "James" <IDontWantToGetSpammed@NotaRealEmail.com> wrote in message news:Rb3Ne.10495$Xw5.8227@trnddc02... > how come my rules are not filtering the body of messages? they work fine > filtering other fields. > > no error, i just created a rule like this: Apply this rule after the mess...

Go Offline Specifications
Hi there! I am trying to find a document referring to different scenarios of working offline and their specifications (bytes transfered, estimated time of synchronization, connection types etc). Can you help me? Propose a Microsoft or external source for this? Thanks in advance. Elena I have not seen any document discussing this. Most offline docs talk about what is needed to do it rather than drill into details. Microsoft always recommends you do your initial Go Offline in outlook while connected to the comapny network. We have found that as long as your remote location has a fast conn...

Applying data as a line over an area chart
Hi, I posted this question earlier on the miscellaneous forum but I struggled with the answer so I'm hoping I might have more luck if I explain more clearly. I have an area chart in excel with the x-axis being days and the y-axis being a percentage. (Each section of the chart is coloured) I need to work out a way of overlaying an additional line over the top of the existing data (using the same x&y axis') Unfortunately I can't just draw it on as I'll need the data for the line in cells referenced elsewhere. Is there a way I can set this up? There doesn't seem to b...

Using a filtered list as data range for a chart
Hello, I would like to chart a cumulative list of numbers I have in one column (B) on the Y axis and increment the X axis for each Y number i.e. X runs 1,2,3 etc. By cumulative, I mean the column B rows are derived from column A eg. B1=A1, B2=A1+A2, B3=A2+A3 etc. The problem I'm having is how to be able to filter the list of numbers in column B (eg. a subset of numbers or rows for month) for the Y axis and have the X axis run 1-31 to show a monthly chart. Ideally, I would like a drop down list to select the month and have the chart change after a new month is selected. Thanks in adv...

sending mails to specific mail addresses rather than specific doma
I want to set up exchange in my organization.But in my organization security is very important.I want to restrict users from sending mails only to specific mail address. for example john@yahoo.com but john should not be able to send mails to any one else on the yahoo like sam@yahoo.com. I studied a lot about smtp connectors. but not able to find a solution for this in exchange 2003. Is it possible by any means. Can anyone help me abt this even if microsoft also.Otherwise I am not able to set up exchange server in my organization. Thanks in advance On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 18:43:01 -0800, mang...

Spam Filter
XP Home, OL 2003 Will the spam filter work with an IMAP folder? -- ICQ# ...

How do I fix error " 503 valid RCPT command must precede DATA"
How do I fix this please ? Doesa anyone have a down load ? CliveHyman, you wrote on Mon, 21 Aug 2006 10:54:02 -0700: > How do I fix this please ? http://tinyurl.com/je666 -- Best Regards Christian Goeller ...

Filter pull down icon color
Hi Reader When change to Using LCD monitor, the pull down filter icon blue color as same as black color in LCD monitor. Is it possible to check pull down color to other color value ? moonhkt There's no way to change the drop down arrow's colour. You could use programming to change the colour of the heading cell if a column is filtered. There are sample files here: http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html Under Filters, look for 'FL0022 - FilterClick Colour' or 'FL0014 - Colour Filter Headings' moonhkt wrote: > Hi Reader > When change t...

Help with laying out data for a chart
Excel 2003 Hello, I am trying to lay out my data for a chart but am not able to get the desired results. I would like to be able to list minimum and maximum salaries for various positions in my company and to be able to chart this information so the chart shows the minimum and maximum salaries by position. As an example, I have laid out my data in the following format: Cell B1: Minimum, Cell C1: Maximum, Cell A2: Admin Asst, Cell B2: $25,000, Cell C2: $35,000, Cell A3: Manager, Cell B3: $44,000, Cell C3: $59,000 My goal is to create a chart that shows the position name on the left si...

Set specific template in Outlook
Hi, Is there any way via C# or vbs i can set witch template outlook uses when the user starts his Outlook, and just general settings, its a pain in the *** to do it manually on 100+ machines.... Or how do you do this, I would love to hear other ways to manage this... kind regards Maybe, if you define wht you mean by "template Outlook uses when the user starts his Outlook." -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "news.microsof...

Spam filter for accounts
Hi, I've configured my Windows Live Hotmail account to receive mails from other POP3 accounts. These messages are saved into specific folders, e.g. "address@mail.com". It looks like the spam filters of both Hotmail itself and of the Windows Live Mail application don't check these folders, but they care only about the "Inbox" folder. Is there a way to have a spam filter also for these messages? Thanks John Did you turn on the SPAM filtering at the web access for those email accounts? "John Skandar" <JohnSkandar@discussions.mi...

BOM print in graphics mode missing data
We are using GP 8 SP 2. When we print a BOM in text mode, everything prints fine but it graphics mode, each page is missing several lines of data as if it expects the page to be longer than 11". Does anyone know of a fix for this? Thanks. ...

Intelligent Message Filter Work on Exchange 2003 Cluster?
Does IMF work using a two node active/passive Exchange 2003 cluster? Thanks! IMF is not supported running in a cluster environment and will not work. Jamelia "LichlordX" <LichlordX@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A2C65E3-11DC-406D-96E9-306D16393568@microsoft.com... Does IMF work using a two node active/passive Exchange 2003 cluster? Thanks! Setup a front-end server and run it from there (direct all incoming email from the outside to it). -GT "Jamelia" <Jamelia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:u57Tyb49EHA.3640@tk2msft...

Filter in between dates
Hi Everyone, Using Excel 2003. I have a list of patients who were on a particular therapy and in a certain unit. Many where on the therapy in other units before getting transferred or on the therapy after they left. I need to find the patients who started on a therapy after they arrived in a unit and who were off the therapy before they left the unit. My Date units show me Date and Time in the same field. They are named.. PtLocStDtTm PtLocEndDtTm PtThpyStDtTm PtThpyEndDtTm Thanks, Linda If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You se...

import specifications
In ACCESS office 2003, i could change the import specs lusing the advanced button. i can't figure out how to edit an existing speps in ACCESS 2007 without creating a new spec. The only thing I can change is the name and the path. ...

Access Data Collection using Email
I would like to use the above metioned feature to update the status of projects stored in our DB. However, I would like to constrain the email form sent to one specific record rather than all the records of the table I am creating the form from. There are approximately 4200 records in the table. I would like to send this email form for updated information on job status for ONE job to a specific email address. Is this possible? Or must it send a form for every record as it appears to be doing now? thank you, Michael On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 09:09:00 -0800, Michael F <Michael F@discussio...