Sequential number in a query

Hi All,

I am working on a YTD Sales report. I would like to know if I can create a
cell in a query that will be a squential number. Starting with 1 on up. If so
how would I do this?

Report would look something like:
Num  Customer    YTD Sales
1       Bobs Sales   495,000
2       Denny's        395,000
3       Biffs Supply  390,000
4....

--
Matt Campbell
mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com

mattc66

You can use a text  box in the report:
    Control Source: =1
    Running Sum: Over All

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"mattc66 via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am working on a YTD Sales report. I would like to know if I can create a
> cell in a query that will be a squential number. Starting with 1 on up. If so
> how would I do this?
>
> Report would look something like:
> Num  Customer    YTD Sales
> 1       Bobs Sales   495,000
> 2       Denny's        395,000
> 3       Biffs Supply  390,000
> 4....
>
> --
> Matt Campbell
> mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com

Not sure I understand. I don't want to do it on a report. I'd like to do it
on form or in a query.

--
Matt Campbell
mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com

mattc66
11/3/2007 4:52:14 AM
My suggestion was based on your comment "Report would look something like:"

If you want this outside of a report, you must identify a unique field that
provides the numbering order. Then you can use this field in a subquery or
DCount() expression.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"mattc66 via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Not sure I understand. I don't want to do it on a report. I'd like to do it
> on form or in a query.
>
> Duane Hookom wrote:
> >You can use a text  box in the report:
> >    Control Source: =1
> >    Running Sum: Over All
> >
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
> >> 3       Biffs Supply  390,000
> >> 4....
>
> --
> Matt Campbell
> mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com

Next sequential number on a different form
Is there a way to do this: I have a form called "List of Proposals Written" that is listed by th Proposal number. Is there a way to display on another excel spreadsheet, the mos current Proposal number? I know Access you use something like Dmax(ProposalID)+1 What should I do in Excel:confused: Any help would be greatly appreciated! Michae -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com "daniels012 >" <<daniels012.1b8pra@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote > I have a form called "List of Proposals Written" that is listed by the > Propos...

I need to export a query to Excel pivot table
I have a project to elaborate, I have my base data and i need to convert it onto Pivot TAble worksheet, let me know ho can I do it, thanks Public Sub PivotTableExportData() Dim xlapp As Excel.Application Dim xlwb As Excel.Workbook Dim xlws As Excel.Worksheet Dim xlrng As Excel.Range Dim xlPivot As Excel.PivotTable Dim adors As ADODB.Recordset Dim adofld As ADODB.Field Dim x, y, z As Integer Set xlapp = New Excel.Application xlapp.Visible = True Set xlwb = xlapp.Workbooks.Add Set xlws = xlwb.ActiveSheet xlws.Name = "BaseData" Set adors = New ADODB.Recordset adors.Open "qryTo...

numbering rows, but skipping blanks
I'm using Column A of a spreadsheet to number some items in Column B. I've been using Excel's automatic series-filling function, where you drag down from the lower right corner of a cell. However, since some of the rows in Column B are empty, and I don't want them numbered, I have to stop numbering and manually "jump" over the blanks in Column A. Is there a way to automatically number down in Column A, while skipping over the blanks and continuing where I left off? I.e. 1 2 3 4 5 ? Thanks much. Try this in A1: =IF(B1<>"",COUNTA($B$1:B1),"...

Sequential Numbering
I am trying to automatically print sequential numbers on individual cards on 8.5" x 11" business card stock (to create tickets) using MS Publisher and cannot figure out how to get it to do this. Does anyone know the secret? Thanks. Hi Scott (scottmarsh@excite.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I am trying to automatically print sequential numbers on individual || cards on 8.5" x 11" business card stock (to create tickets) using MS || Publisher and cannot figure out how to get it to do this. Does || anyone know the secret? Thanks. Check out the following tutorial:...

Numbering Headers/
Hi Silver, Try going to File/Page Setup/Header-Footer/Custom Header/Should be the button shown in the header box with the # sign in it. Larry -- keithl816 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21287 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=498476 ...

Controlling Sequential Numbers
I have been researching using sequential numbers for invoices an purchase orders, but all of them seem to advance the number eithe every time the document is opened or saved. My purchase order is par of a larger file, and since I will be opening and saving the fil without necessarily writing a purchase order I need more control ove its advancement. I was wondering how I could create a button that whe pressed or selected would advance the number by 1? Also, how could make it create a unique number depending on who's creating the purchas order. For example, let's say the user is ...

HELP!! Trying to convert numbers.
Here is my problem. i have a series of 3 digit numbers that need to be cinverted to a series of 4 digit numbers using this following 722 needs to read as 5622 and in the next collum SV-7822 in the collum's to the right. what type of formula is this and how can i do it? The above is an example, i have a whole range of 3 digit numbers that need the exact. rules applied to all numbers. which is why i need a formula to do it. Help someone please!!!! I'm not completely clear on what your looking for but if 722 was in A1 in B1: = A1 + 4900 in B2: = ="SV-" & A1 + 7100...

What is the max number of...
What is the max number of records that can be put into a table in Microsoft Access? Does it vary from version to version? Thanks in advance. "Mike C" <MikeC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC4F1F10-A96C-4EC7-9E33-670828E53A0A@microsoft.com... > What is the max number of records that can be put into a table in > Microsoft > Access? Does it vary from version to version? Thanks in advance. Google or the online help would be your friend on this one. There's no fixed limit, there's only the limit on the overall size of the database file...

Queries independent of accents?
Hello! We have a DB of people from many countries. Some names contain chars with accents like � or � and other types of accents. Is there a way of searching all names in the DB containing any kind of accent without specifiying the acctents used? Is there a function like f("�") = "e" where f is the function I look for. Thx in advance! Fritz Fritz Do you store the data as NAVARCHAR(n) datatype? Have you specify N just before a value in WHERE condition? Hmm, I think may want to take a look into REPLACE function to remove accents "Fr...

maximum number of worksheets in Excel 2000
Can anyone tell me what the maximum no. of worksheets is in Excel? Ton From Help...Limited by available memory (default is 3) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Ton" <Ton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB5EE739-9250-4D83-AA7C-EE82C02C0AA3@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me what the maximum no. of worksheets is in Excel? The maximum number only depends on the amount of memory available. -- Best Regards Leo Heuser Followup to newsgroup only please. "Ton" <Ton@dis...

Find missing sequential numbers
Hello, I'm looking for a way to quickly find what numbers are missing in column B. I can sort them ascending, but how do I find if there are missing numbers? 1 2 3 5 6 7 9 I need to know 4 and 8 are missing. Thank you. One way: select B2:Bx. Choose Format/Conditional Formatting... CF1: Formula is =(B2-B1)>1 Format1: <pattern>/<some color> or, without sorting, select column B (with B1 active): CF1: Formula is =AND(B1>MIN(B:B),COUNTIF(B:B,B1-1)=0) Both CF's will activate if there are missing numbers before them. In article <28706E9E-2624...

Varying numbers against conisistent ones
Hello! I would like to chart varying salaries against specific Low, middle and high numbers. Any suggestions on how to show this? Example: Salary 1 10000 Salary 2 12000 Salary 3 16000 Low 9000 Mid 15000 High 19000 THANK YOU! Do you want the Low-Mid-High values to be like a benchmark to measure salaries against? You could put horizontal lines across your chart, and use markers for the salary data. Here' a few ways to get your lines: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials...

Page Number as watermark.
I have a file that displays the text "Page 1" in the center of the worksheet. I have not been able to find a way to stop the page number from displaying. There is no header/footer, no "background", no other special items that I could find that would force the display of this. It does not appear during the printing so it's not a "watermark". It merely displays in my view when I'm working in the worksheet. Help... Hi you're in page break preview view ... choose view / normal from the menu Cheers JulieD "whalenohana" <whalenohana@dis...

Maximum number of rows in a excel 2003 work sheet
Hi, As a new user to excel I am thinking of setting up a data base of my music. The total number of tracks is in excess of 70,000. I have seen a simple solution using excel which would be ok but I'm not sure if I can have 70,000 rows in one work sheet. A friend has suggested access which I am not familiar with and don't know if this will allow 70,000 entries. Can anyone please tell me what the maximum numbers are in both access and excel 2003. Cheers Glinty Max in Excel 2003 is 65536 (in one sheet) whereas Access only limit is your memory -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom ...

Sequential number in a query
Hi All, I am working on a YTD Sales report. I would like to know if I can create a cell in a query that will be a squential number. Starting with 1 on up. If so how would I do this? Report would look something like: Num Customer YTD Sales 1 Bobs Sales 495,000 2 Denny's 395,000 3 Biffs Supply 390,000 4.... -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com You can use a text box in the report: Control Source: =1 Running Sum: Over All -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "mattc66 via AccessMo...

Change default numbering
How do I set up the basic template for text numbering in Word 2008 for the Mac? Here is what is driving me nuts: I want to generate numbered lists - lots and lots of them. The first level numbered lines will have second level under them in many cases, also numbered and indented below the first level. The second level will also have third level under them, intended some more and also numbered. This "sort-of" works fine. It USED to work excellently. Here is what I do. I click the Numbering button in the Bullets and Numbering palette. The line indents and a 1) is aut...

Querying XML data
Hello, Using SQL 2008 I'm taking xml string from a VARCHAR(max) datatype column and inserting into XML datatype column then want to query it. Doing the above like so: DECLARE @XmlSourceTable TABLE (RecordId INT IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, XmlData XML NOT NULL ) INSERT INTO @XmlSourceTable (XmlData) SELECT TOP 1 CONVERT(XML,REPLACE(REPLACE(CSR, '&lt;', '<'), '&gt;', '>'),2) FROM CDATA The xml looks like this after inserting here is just a small part: <SoapGetCSRReturnResponse xmlns="http://temp...

Ldap Query
I want to make a query where i can see the members of an administrative group or Distribution list. Is there someone who has such a query? administrative group would be based on something similar to (legacyexhangedn="/o=Microsoft/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients") dl would be based on (memberOf="DN of Group") This works fine as long as the group isn't the users primary group -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this...

Page Numbering #2
Is there a way to have page numbering span multiple worksheets in a file? I would like to be able to print all the worksheets in a file and have the page numbers in the second worksheet pick up where the page numbers in the first worksheet ended without having to manually adjust the start point in worksheet 2. Please response back to the group. Thanks. JWeinberg I assume the page numbers are set up in your header/footer. If this is correct then all you need to do is select all the sheets you want to print by clicking on each sheet tab while holding down the control key. This will the...

Ascending query
Hi i work since one week with access 2007. And i want to ascending my qeury's by name or description. How can i do that? I don't mean in the query but where all my qeury tables etc are. I hope someone can help me Best regards, Rogier In the database window, click on the Name heading of the queries tab to sort ascending; click again to sort descending. Or click on another heading (eg. Date Modified) to sort by that. HTH, Rob "Rogier" <Rogier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F03EE4C9-7AAD-4290-B75B-83D477574C67@microsoft.com... > Hi i work s...

Formatting phone numbers in Outlook 2003
Does anybody have a way of formatting the phone numbers in Outlook 2003 so that they appear as xxx yyy zzzz that is no dashes, no parentheses? If I am going to synch to my PDA I want the numbers as short as possible and, to me, as readable as possible. Steve No. Masking of phone numbers is hard coded and based on your default dialing location. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Steve E." <stevee21@swbell.net> wrote in message news:2dd601c48eb8$3ff4a1e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Does anybody have a way of formatting the phone numbers in > Outlook 2003 so that they appear as x...

Make positive number negitive
Budget is our income and sometimes this is positive. I need to make this column in a query all negitive values. I am using the IIf function but it is not working. Budget: [budget_amount] IIf ([budget_amount] >=0, [budget_amount]*-1, [budget_amount]) or is there another function I could use? On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 19:18:00 -0700, Tamm Fox wrote: > Budget is our income and sometimes this is positive. I need to make this > column in a query all negitive values. > > I am using the IIf function but it is not working. > > Budget: [budget_amount] IIf ([budget_amount] &g...

Precis Numbers
A3 is the result of A1/21 I want to bracket the number in A4 In MSWorks I would type the statement ="["&string(A3,0)&"]" In excel I get in some cells [1.436871259834] I'd like it to read [1] Help please. -- rodney@touch88gum.com.au (Remove gum to reply) Rodney, ="["&ROUND(A3,0)&"]" -- HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Rodney" <rodney@touch88.com.au> wrote in message news:OkME4oGVEHA.2564@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > A3 is the result of A1/21 > I want to bracket the number in A4 > In MSWorks I would type th...

Works in the query, but not the form!!
I have two tables -- xTeachers and xSchools. Linking field is SchoolName, and it is set up with referential integrity with Schools (1) and Teachers (many) relationship. Here's the thing -- I open the query and I can add a teacher and a school. Alliance High School shows up in the drop down list. I open the form, and Alliance High School DOES NOT show up in the list. If I try to pick something from the list, I get this message: The current field must match the join key <name> in the table that serves as the 'one' side of one-to-many relationship. (Error 3341) You ha...

proper filter syntax for query-based DL
I want to have a query-based DL for people that are members of a certain security group. What is the proper syntax for the query? do I need to use the distinguished name? For example, I tried a custom filter of: Field>User>Member of>is (exactly)>cn=group name,OU=Security Groups,DC=domain,DC=com and it didn't work. does it need quotes? Can someone point me down the right path? I have had success with querying other AD attributtes like Office Location. Thanks, Rich Does not require quotes. In QBDL properties | query | modify | Exchange tab -> select "Users with ...