select Month gone awry

I have 2 identical (I think) databases functionally but different data.  One
has much more fine-tuning in the report appearance.  Select queries filter
records for the desired month and year.  One works elegantly after telling it
the month and year number to yield records of interest for a report but the
other, with all the window dressing, asks month and year number over and over
for each record meeting the criteria.
Relationships, field formats, table structure, queries, criteria and reports
all appear to be identical but I can not find the difference that causes
multiple questions of year, month.
Anyone ever seen this or have a clue?
Thanks

"Jon Geiger" wrote:

> I have 2 identical (I think) databases functionally but different data.  One
> has much more fine-tuning in the report appearance.  Select queries filter
> records for the desired month and year.  One works elegantly after telling it
> the month and year number to yield records of interest for a report but the
> other, with all the window dressing, asks month and year number over and over
> for each record meeting the criteria.
> Relationships, field formats, table structure, queries, criteria and reports
> all appear to be identical but I can not find the difference that causes
> multiple questions of year, month.
> Anyone ever seen this or have a clue?
> Thanks

Just off the top of my head, it may be that the search criteria you are
entering are working fine for the query, but getting lost between the query
and the report.

Also, check your report to ensure that the text boxes holding the data you
want to print are in fact text boxes and not labels.  If they are labels and
they say [Date], this is a prompt for a Date parameter.  Hightlight the area
on the report in question and check to top left corner.  It should state
Text# or Label#.  If it states Label, change it to a text box.

Thanks for the suggestions.  Trying to imagine how the criteria could be
lost between query and report, I ran the 2 database queries side by side then
proceeded to the subreport.  There I discovered the difference.  I had the
wrong record source for one of the subreports.  Thanks for your help.
Jon

"Olduke" wrote:

> "Jon Geiger" wrote:
>
> > I have 2 identical (I think) databases functionally but different data.  One
> > has much more fine-tuning in the report appearance.  Select queries filter
> > records for the desired month and year.  One works elegantly after telling it
> > the month and year number to yield records of interest for a report but the
> > other, with all the window dressing, asks month and year number over and over
> > for each record meeting the criteria.
> > Relationships, field formats, table structure, queries, criteria and reports
> > all appear to be identical but I can not find the difference that causes
> > multiple questions of year, month.
> > Anyone ever seen this or have a clue?
> > Thanks
>

> Just off the top of my head, it may be that the search criteria you are
> entering are working fine for the query, but getting lost between the query
> and the report.
>
> Also, check your report to ensure that the text boxes holding the data you
> want to print are in fact text boxes and not labels.  If they are labels and
> they say [Date], this is a prompt for a Date parameter.  Hightlight the area
> on the report in question and check to top left corner.  It should state
> Text# or Label#.  If it states Label, change it to a text box.

Run report on multi selected records.

Comparative sales reports by day, week, month and year
Is there a way to program comparative sales report by time period using Active Reports or must I use Crystal Reports? An example is a sales report comparing sales for two months; two seperate columns with each column displaying the sales figures for requested months. ...

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

Putnum 401k
I purchased M05 so I could download transactions from my Putnum 401k account. Now, I see that Putnum 401K is not supported anymore. This is a bunch of GARBAGE! Jason Bade wrote in <u8tVmfVpEHA.3392@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>: >I purchased M05 so I could download transactions from my Putnum 401k >account. Now, I see that Putnum 401K is not supported anymore. This is a >bunch of GARBAGE! > It worked, though, they got your money with questionable advertising practices. Demand a refund. The sad news: if 20% of people who purchased Money returned it, Microsoft still pr...

automatically update chart plotting current month and previous 6
I need to automatically update a chart every month for a report but I only want to plot the current month and six months back each time. For example Feb-Aug for the Aug report then for the Sept report plot Mar-Sept. Any suggestions? This example shows how to plot the last 12 months. Perhaps you can adapt it to cover the last 7 months: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicLast12.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Jane wrote: > I need to automatically update a chart ev...

Vertical line on column chart with monthly data
I am attempting to add a vertical line to a dynamic column chart. I've followed the steps described by Jon Peltier at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLineVertSeries.html This procedure works fine until I change the base unit on the x-axis to "Days." This causes the columns to turn into vertical lines (since each monthly observation is really for, e.g., 6/1/2007). If I leave the x-axis as monthly and then add the secondary x-axis for the vertical (xy scatter) line, the scale on the secondary x-axis goes from 1/1/1900 - 12/1/2036, which shoves my vertical line far t...

Select contact then hangs

Selecting rows from various sheets

How do I project monthly income in Excel?
If I want to project my income or cost for Nov. or Dec. and have values in the other months, how can I project what my income or cost would be for November or December based on the other months? A lot of this depends on the nature of your income and / or expenses, which may change from month to month. For instance, your heating expense bill will increase in winter and decrease in summer. Your summer vacation expenses go up in summer (duh) and decrease in winter. When I have to do this work I try to base it on the key drivers for the particular expense. For instance, in a previous life ...

select text in Calendar

Link select with a blast

Select Case in a Change Event

Select Records based another table...

Data markers in a stacked chart will not sit side by side by month #2
How can I get the monthly columns (ie: July Actual & July Budget) in a stacked chart to sit side by side with a space before the next month (August Actual & August Budget) and so on for each month. ...

Multi-Select List Box Does Not Retain Selected Items
I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select items in the list box they do not remain select when I select another control on the form. Any suggestions? Did you bind the list box to a keywords field? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "kaykay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:276dd01c4638d$bd5af590$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select > items i...

VBA
I am very new to VBA and access and have a question regarding a SELECT statement. I am going to run a select (recordset - so I can loop through and process each record) but on my SELECT I want to make sure I return at least 20 rows, otherwise I am going to change my WHERE clause to include more rows. Is there an easy way to do this or do I need to just do an inital SELECT COUNT(*) and then decide which WHERE clause to use?? Do you have an example I can look at? Thank you in advance! AJ On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:14:00 -0800, AJ <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I would not first ...

Drop down list quicker selection
We are using Excel 2003 We created a drop down list using the Data\Validation process, which works fine. When the arrow within a cell is clicked on to show the drop down list, how can you quickly select one of the many names in the list just by typing the first character of a name within the list. At the moment, we have to scroll up and down the list to select a particular name, which in itself isn't a problem, but slows down the process of finding the right name. Can the names within the list be alphabetically grouped when inputting the first character from the keyboard, and spee...

calculating number of days belonging to each month within a given week
Hello, I want to calculate number of days belonging to each month within a given week, e.g. if i have week no 1 29Dec08 until 4Jan09 week no 2 5Jan09 until 11Jan09 week no 3 12Jan09 until 18Jan09 week no 4 19Jan09 until 25Jan09 week no 5 26Jan09 until 1Feb09 I would like to calculate the split of days belonging to December, January,February etc; in this case it would be week no 1 - 4 in Dec and 3 in Jan week no 2 - 7 in Jan week no 3 - 7 in Jan week no 4 - 7 in Jan week no 5 - 6 in Jan & 1 in Feb I've tried to use eomonth formula but even with Analysis Tool Pack it does...

Change Form/Report Query Based on User Selection
I have a form and report based on a query. I need to change the query based on what the user selects on a form. Using VBA in MS Access 2002, can I change a single field in an existing query from GROUP BY to LAST? This process would be initiated by a click event on a form. Thanks in advance for any help. I would say only if you are willing to construct the entire query string in VBA and then apply that string as the source of the report. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2009 The Hilltop Institute University of Maryland Baltimore County Wayne wrote: > I have a form ...

Selected fields to update
I need to have the ability, in OL'07, when I try to copy in a contact and am told there is a duplicate, to be able to select which fields I want updated and which not. Is that possible built-in or add-in? -- Boris You may find this of interest - ContactGenie DataPorter 2.0 - specifically handles updating of pre-existing contacts allowing you to define which fields you want to import/update from your input data file (custom forms/fields supported). Features: http://www.contactgenie.com/cg20features.htm Download" http://www.contactgenie.com/cg20dlorder.htm Karl _...

How do I find the currently selected Scenario?
Hi, Maybe this is a simple thing, but I don't seem to be able to track it down. I have an Excel sheet with a couple of Scenarios defined. I am trying to implement some VBA functions where I need to know which Scenario is currently selected. Does anyone know how I determine the active Scenario from VBA? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Best regards. hi, (?) > Maybe this is a simple thing, but I don't seem to be able to track it down. > I have an Excel sheet with a couple of Scenarios defined. > I am trying to implement some VBA functi...

First date and last date of the current month
Please advice code, which I want to use on click event of a button of a FormSPL Me.Text13 = First date of the current month Me.Text16 = Last date of the current month Thanks and best regards Irshad First Date: Check out the DateSerial function in the help file, Combined with Year(Date) and Month(Date) it should do the trick. Last Date: From the First Date, go forward 1 month, then go back 1 day. Use the DateAdd function for this. -Tom van Stiphout Microsoft Access MVP "Irshad Alam" wrote: > Please advice code, which I want to use on click event of a ...