Search for a word in a memo field ?

I have a memo field, that holds some text.
I would like to search for some words in this field,
and have done it this way -

SELECT * FROM Table
WHERE field like '%word%'

- but it does not receive any records.
I know that the word I'm searching for, exist in the
table.

Have I done something wrong ?

--
My Photo Gallery
www.anothermasterpiece.com

"SpookiePower" <boxjunk2600@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a memo field, that holds some text.
> I would like to search for some words in this field,
> and have done it this way -
>
> SELECT * FROM Table
> WHERE field like '%word%'
>
> - but it does not receive any records.
> I know that the word I'm searching for, exist in the
> table.

Try

WHERE field like "*word*"

or

WHERE field like "*" & "word" & "*"

Keith.
www.keithwilby.com

0
Keith
1/10/2008 11:14:45 AM
Keith Wilby wrote:

> Try
>
> WHERE field like "*word*"
>
> or
>
> WHERE field like "*" & "word" & "*"

Thanks. It works :)
0
SpookiePower
1/10/2008 11:54:37 AM
Access uses non-compliant wild card characters.
? = any one character;
* = any number (0 up) of characters
# = any number character

Standard SQL (ANSI 92) uses
_ = any one character
% = any number (0 up) of characters

--
John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008

> Keith Wilby wrote:
>
>> Try
>>
>> WHERE field like "*word*"
>>
>> or
>>
>> WHERE field like "*" & "word" & "*"
>
> Thanks. It works :)

0
John

Email address fields should not be formatted as a link
Email address fields in CRM are formatted in blue and underlined. This normally indicates a link in CRM. However, when users click on an email address, nothing happens. This does not meet users expectations. Email fields should either not be formatted as links or the field should perform an action when clicked on, like open up a new email in outlook pre-filled with the email address. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message...

Automatic Date in Word Document
I need to create a document that I will be sent as an attachment to an email. I want the document to automatically reflect the date the document was sent. I do want to open the document itself. How do I do this? Thank you. -- valerie The only dates that are available to you are 1. A date that you manually enter into the document 2. The date on which the document was created (by use of the { CREATEDATE } field 3. The date that the document was last saved (by use of the { SAVEDATE } field 4. The date upon which the document was printed ( by use of the { PRINTDATE...

How to create a looking based on 3 fields
Hi, Can someone point me in the right direction with what I want to do: I know how to use data validation to create drop downs which is phase 1. How do I cause a result to occur based on what was chosen e.g. Col A = (user chooses ABC) Col B = 80 (because ABC was choosen) Sheet 2 will have the 'list' to choose from, so it's got all the values in a Column for the user to choose from. E.g. Col A = ABC Col B = $90 Let me know if I haven't explained what I want to archive correctly. It sounds like you can use =vlookup() or =index(match()) to retrieve the assocated value. ...

Pasting into Word?????
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C6C12B.3A6B8FC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does anyone have a suggestion or recommendation as to how I can cut a = piece of some data in EXCEL (without gridlines), and paste it into = MSWORD and not have the gridlines appear? Thanks, in advance Mike --=20 Dr. Michael Raphael University of Phoenix Online Faculty mraphael@email.uophx.edu -------------------------------------------------------------------------= ------- I am using the free v...

Change colour of a field
Hi Guys, Are you able to change the colour of a field dependant on the fields current value in datasheet view. When the output from a query is opened, I want to be able to have differeent colours for different values. Ie when the value in a field is hertz I want the datsheet view to be green, yet when the value is Custom Fleet I want the colour to be Green... Am I able to do this from the Datasheet view (output from a query)?? many thanks in advance ?? Cheers, DontKnow - You can use Conditional Formatting on the field. You are limited in the number of options you ha...

student language tools tab in word 2007
Hi, My niece uses office home and student 2007 (especially word) at school and it is also installed at home on the pc...but she says that there is tab that is missing from the home pc, it is student language tools which shows all the french accents, so when she types a word that requires an accent she clicks on it and the accent automatically goes into the word...does anybody know where to enable this? My guess is that this is provided by an add-in or other customization on the school system. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama...

Searching for Newsgroups

Word document lost even though it was saved
I received a Word document, downloaded it, altered it, saved it, then tried to email it back, but could not find the document. What I think I must have done is clicked on "Open" rather than "Save" when I was downloading it. However, after making my alterations I definitely did save the document. Surely it must be stored somewhere on my computer? But all my searches for the file name are not coming up with anything. It is not listed in my recently opened Word documents. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. There may be a small chance of recovery; see ...

Search & replace in formulae

Search engine optimization

Word 2007 won't show readability statistics
Although I checked the boxes for check grammar with spelling and show readability statistics, Word never reports the readability statistics after a spell check. Anyone know why? ...

How To Import Blank Fields into Picklist Fields
Hi All, I'm importing Contacts using the simple method (tools- import-contacts-from file...). Everything is going well except for little thing: I can't seem to import blank data values as blanks. If I map the blank data value to "Default Value", then "Default Value" is literally imported (without the quotes). Do I need to use the Data Migration Framework to get this functionality? I don't want to go there, because I'm 96% completed doing it the simple way. Any suggestions? Thanks, Ian Hi Ian Had the same problem A simple workaround that worked...

Live Preview
I have created a custom ribbon in Word 2007 template for a client. They wanted a button that offers only their custom themes, they don't want to see the default ones, and I have made a custom gallery which does that. The question is, does anyone know if I can apply live preview to a custom button? They really love the live preview on the default theme buttons, but I can't find a way to do that to the custom gallery. Any ideas would be really appreciated. Thankyou for all your help Aehan ...

Command Button To Delete Text In Single Field In Record
Hello All, I want to be able to do is open a particular form, which based on a table. "Enquirys" form is called "Enquiry_Date_Reset" On the form i want to scroll to a particular record and then press a button which will clear the date which is stored in the [Date Sent] field for that particular record set. (Not the whole record) is this possible? Regards Dan On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 09:08:56 -0700, dan.cawthorne@gmail.com wrote: > Hello All, > > I want to be able to do is open a particular form, which based on a > table. "Enquirys" > > form ...

excel VBA

Word hangs
Using Office XP (2002) with SP3 installed and all current updates. Word is used as the outlook email editor. Word hangs frequently when opening, replying or creating emails. Any idea how to fix? Add-ins installed and interfering? Default printer not accessible? JPG wrote: > Using Office XP (2002) with SP3 installed and all current updates. Word is > used as the outlook email editor. Word hangs frequently when opening, > replying or creating emails. Any idea how to fix? ...

cannot open older word doc with office 2007
When I attempt to open and older word document I get an error that the file type was blocked by your registry policy setting in word 2007 or word 2003. I looked up knowledge base article 922849 and it states to go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Security\FileOpenBlock Only problem is that after microsoft in the tree there is no office. Make sure you going down the correct tree in the Reg Editor. There MUST be an Office section, so you must be following the wrong tree. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "bob" <rlabonte@verizon.n...

KeyBindings like Word.
Hello, I would like to use KeyBindings in Excel like we have in Word. My purpose is creating a shortcut (e.g Ctrl+J) for a command in Excel (e.g FormatCondition). In other word, each time I will press Ctrl+J i will run the FormatCondition dialog will appear. Is there any way to do it ? With thanks, Moshe I believe you need to create a macro that shows that dialog, and attach your shortcut key to the macro. The macro needs just a single line Sub ShowCFDialog() Application.Dialogs(xlDialogConditionalFormatting).Show End Sub Then in Tools/Macro/Macros, select this macro, click ...

Multiple fields using to search
Hi, Something i've been batteling for weeks with and theres probably such a simple answer to it and i just cant see it: Riiiight, i have this form (lets call it frmClientSearch) On this form i have a 2 list box thinghys; One called lstEmployee which is populated with Employee names and the other lstCity which is populated with City Names. Then i have a command button (cmdSearch) which, once click and values selected in both the lst boxes, should return only the values that are equal to both the lst boxes in a new form called frmSearchResult. (Hope i make sense) So... I know how ...

Search, Search, Thanks
In the last couple of weeks I have been fighting with different ways o synching my laptop and my home pc. I have ended up with numerou duplicate entries, duplicate address books and duplicate contact lists ALL of my questions/problems I was able to resolve simply by searchin through the forums. Chances are if you have a problem you're not th first. There are some really good people on these forums that know alo more about Outlook than I do. Just my .02 Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages dir...