Running queries via forms

is there a good tutorial out there on how to make forms that run queries and
reports? I've gotten all turned around on it all.

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 13:53:01 -0700, Dragon <Dragon@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>is there a good tutorial out there on how to make forms that run queries and
>reports? I've gotten all turned around on it all.

Well, forms don't "run" anything. You can use a reference to a form control on
a Query, and base a Report on that query. Crystal's tutorial might be a good
place to look, this is one of the techniques she describes:

Jeff Conrad's resources page:
http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/resources.html

The Access Web resources page:
http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/index.html

Roger Carlson's tutorials, samples and tips:
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/

A free tutorial written by Crystal:
http://allenbrowne.com/casu-22.html

A video how-to series by Crystal:
http://www.YouTube.com/user/LearnAccessByCrystal

MVP Allen Browne's tutorials:
http://allenbrowne.com/links.html#Tutorials

--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
Dragon wrote:
>is there a good tutorial out there on how to make forms that run queries and
>reports? I've gotten all turned around on it all.

Not sure what you mean... you can run queries and reports from buttons on a
form, but that's about it.

PieterLinden

easy way around "not updateable query" for sums?
I have a table. I am trying to update that table based on a query. The query involved used sums. When I try to this, I get "this is not an updatable query." I know the cause for it, the fact that the query has sums. I also know the way around it. Run my query as a make table query, then build my update query from that. This project would have me doing this a couple of dozen times. I really do not want to build 24 make table queries, 24 update queries, and then have to delete those 24 tables. If nothing else, I would expect that would seriously fragment my databse,...

Need only one DLL instance to run...

Automatically run macro

customize contact form?
Have created custom contact form and want to make it my default and also let others use it. Don't know how to use VB. Is there any other way to implement it? http://www.outlookcode.com/d/newdefaultform.htm should provide some pointers. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Dave asked: | Have created custom contact form and want to make it my default...

Disable Tab and/or Section in form
Hi i have another question. May i disable by javascript a tab a/o section in a form? If it is possible can you give me a sample? Thank's Marco Rocca Marco, Here are instructions for hiding a tab: http://blogs.infinite-x.net/?p=3 Thanks, Mitch ...

run time error 10-22-03

Query Exchange/AD for users that have OWA enabled
Does anyone know if there is a query that I can run to give me a list of all user accounts that have the OWA feature enabled? We have 900 accounts, and we only allow some user "types" to have OWA access... We are running Exchange 2003 on Win2003 server, Active Directory, etc. Please forgive me if I am posting to the incorrect group (Exchange instead of AD?) Thanks. Donna ...

Excel Continuous Running Total

Access97 Queries connecting via ODBC to Sybase SQLanywhere backend
I have a Access97 frontend database and it links tables and queries to a Sybase SQLAnywhere backend database. I have imported all the tables from the SQLAnywhere into a Access97 database. I have changed the linked relationship in the tables section to point to the Access97 backend now and not the Sybase backend. Problem is I have SQL queries written in the Access 97 frontend that still try to access Sybase via ODBC. How do I change these queries to access the new Backend. Jamie Network Administrator If the queries were originally written using linked tables, they should still work. Ho...

Update subform field from pop-up form
I have a Form with 2 subforms. I need the ability to change the Child Field on the second subform to a value found in a pop-up form. I have the following structure: FrmMain Primary Key: ClientNo FrmSubVisit Record Source: q_frm_sub_visits_active Field 1: Account Field 2: AccDate Link Child Fields: ClientNo Link Master Fields: ClientNo Default View: Continuous FrmSubEvent Record Source: q_frm_sub_events Field 1: Account Field 2: EventNo Link Child Fields: Account Link Master Fields: txtRelayAccount (text relay on FrmMain from frmSubVisit) Default View: Single Form The “Account” on frm...

Get query from Access
Hello, trying to do a query. So I do the following: Data->get external data->New database query, then from the Choose Data source, I choose MS 97 ACCESS DATABASE*, then I select the database. This brings me to the QUERY wizard-Choose columns When I double click on the table/query I want, it doesn't bring the columns to choose. It changes the + sign to - sign but nothing else. I try a different database, and on this one it does work. So not sure why only on one database it works. Any suggestions? Would appreciate it. thanks, Juan ...

Money 2002 will not run

Problems with MAPI when publishing outlook forms.
Greetings. I hope to get some help on this issue. Im currently running Exchange 2000 on my server. On my workstation I installed Outlook 2003 and I can create new forms and publish them to the organizational forms library. However - after a while, suddenly I cant publish an edited form. The error I get is "Unable to succesfully publish the form due to a MAPI error. The folder has not been enabled for use while offline" However - im not offline. Im working on the server and I can publish the form in another name. If I save the form to a .oft file and open it in a outlook 2000 - ...

Ways to Start a particular form?
1) I want to automatically open a particular form when the Access file (Access 2007) is opened. I would prefer doing this with a Macro. 2) I would also like to start a particular form what I click on a menu page to open it? Suggestions PLEASE? Question 1 - Create a macro named Autoexec with action OpenForm and the form as argurment. It will run every time Access is opened except when the SHIFT key is held down. Querstion 2 - What kind of 'menu page' do you have? -- Build a little, test a little. "BobC" wrote: > 1) I want to automatical...

Re: Workflow just wont run automatically, i have to run them manually
Yes, but i realized what i was doing wrong. I assumed [bad idea] that if i create a case and hit Save & Close the first time, taht the rule will run. In order for the rule to run automatically, it has to be Save, once it saves it, then Save & Close. Thanks for your reply. "Hi, Did you check the workflow monitor to see if the rules get triggered correctly and complete sucessfully ? Have a nice day, St=E9phane Dorrekens " --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://...

Outlook Still Running
I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make sure this does not happen? Thanks for your help -- Neil Remove ABCD from Email address to reply <neil154ABCD@earthlink.net> wrote: > I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit > out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still > running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make > sure this does not happ...

combo box in a query
Hi, Is it possible, do you think, to insert a combo box into the criteria section of a query? The user of the query will have a lot of units to choose from in the query and it would be easier for the user to have a drop down box to make a selection from. Can this be inserted into the query so that it appears and is functional when the query is run? If so...how would a novice go about it? Thanks, Regards, oic3120 Not directly, but you can enter a reference to a combo box as a parameter in the query. Create an unbound form with a combo box on it which lists all the possible values in o...

Very strange problems while running Great Plains on workstations
I notice that a few workstations in an office I support are having problems when they run Great Plains. Excel, Outlook, Word and Dynamics.exe are showing in the Application event log as being Hanging or Faulting. I also see Fault Bucket errors, but when I search online I cannot find any information online. Here is one of the Fault Bucket errors: 3:15:35 pm 28-Sep-06 Application Hang None 1001 N/A Fault bucket 296734104. Also, these workstations are experiencing problems printing PDF files. Has anyone out there seen this behavior and if so, how can these problems be fixed? Thank you, ...

Publisher 2000 will not run
I had problems with Publisher 98 not running which we=20 never did solve so I installed office 2000 to see if=20 Publisher 2000 would function. Same problem: The flash=20 screen pops up and then disappears. No program. Microsoft=AE Publisher 2000 Version 6.0 has encountered a=20 problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the=20 inconvenience. Howard, hi again, Have you tried opening Publisher in safe mode? Publisher retains all printer information within its publications. If you can open Publisher in safe mode, either regress or update your printer and video drivers. -- Mary Sauer MS MV...

Macro automatic run at open
Is there a simple way to have a macro automatically started when a workbook is open? Thanks Francesco Francesco, use the workbook open event, like this, Private Sub Workbook_Open() MsgBox "It Works!" End Sub To put in this macro, from your workbook right-click the workbook's icon and pick View Code. This icon is at the top-left of the spreadsheet this will open the VBA editor to the thisworkbook module, then, paste the code in the window that opens on the right hand side, press Alt and Q to close this window and go back to your workbook, now this will run every time you ...

Running diferent query with one command
I would like to run queries with just one botton and a date dispalyed in a form. If Sunday March 09, 2008, is dispalyed I would like to click on a button and run a query that will select emloyees that are scheduled to work on this day of the week along with other pertinent information already preselected by that query. Currenlty I am using 7 diferrent buttons to run 7 differnrent append queries but it is too confusing and I am sure there is an better way. Thanks Charles -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200803/1 Why 7 butt...

Using Forms to Update Worksheet Data
Thanks in advance for the feedback and sorry to those who read it in general questions. I have VBA form that I've created to display data to the screen using the following code (code only shows of few of the columns of data being loaded to form). Public Sub LoadLongInfo3(ByVal selectedProject As String) Dim databaseRow As Long Set reportsSheet = Sheets("Reports") Set resultsSheet = Sheets("Results") Set devdataSheet = Sheets("DevData") 'Find DataRows To Be Loaded Into Form devdataSheet.Activate devdataSheet.Cells.Find(What:=select...