Rerun an open query in Access 2007

Hi,

In Access 2003 I was able to place the "exclamation point" RUN button on my
Access toolbar so that I could easily re-run a query that I already had open
(rather than try to find it in a list of a few hundred queries).  The queries
I run usually ask for user input, so by re-running them I am able to give
different input.

Is there any way in Access 2007 to place a "RUN button" on the "Home" tab
toolbar?

--
Dan R

Changing the ribbon is quite a bit more work, but it's easy to customize the
Quick Access Toolbar.

If you really want to customize the ribbon, here's some leads:
    http://www.accessribbon.de/en/?Access_-_Ribbons
    http://blogs.msdn.com/clintcovington/archive/2006/12/08/msdn-article-on-creating-custom-ribbons-in-access-2007.aspx
    http://accessjunkie.com/faq_30.aspx

"DanR" <DanR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> In Access 2003 I was able to place the "exclamation point" RUN button on
> my
> Access toolbar so that I could easily re-run a query that I already had
> open
> (rather than try to find it in a list of a few hundred queries).  The
> queries
> I run usually ask for user input, so by re-running them I am able to give
> different input.
>
> Is there any way in Access 2007 to place a "RUN button" on the "Home" tab
> toolbar?
>
> --
> Dan R

0
Allen
1/17/2008 12:32:33 AM
Allen,

Thanks for the helpful information, including the links.

I think they are enough to help me plan my next step.

Dan

--
Dan R

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> Changing the ribbon is quite a bit more work, but it's easy to customize the
> Quick Access Toolbar.
>
> If you really want to customize the ribbon, here's some leads:
>     http://www.accessribbon.de/en/?Access_-_Ribbons
>     http://blogs.msdn.com/clintcovington/archive/2006/12/08/msdn-article-on-creating-custom-ribbons-in-access-2007.aspx
>     http://accessjunkie.com/faq_30.aspx

> "DanR" <DanR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > In Access 2003 I was able to place the "exclamation point" RUN button on
> > my
> > Access toolbar so that I could easily re-run a query that I already had
> > open
> > (rather than try to find it in a list of a few hundred queries).  The
> > queries
> > I run usually ask for user input, so by re-running them I am able to give
> > different input.
> >
> > Is there any way in Access 2007 to place a "RUN button" on the "Home" tab
> > toolbar?
> >
> > --
> > Dan R

Allen,

I read the articles to which you referred, and now am able to have a new Tab
on the Access Ribbon using the XML shown here:

<customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui">
  <ribbon startFromScratch="false">
    <tabs>
      <tab id="dbCustomTab" label="RK Custom Tab" visible="true">
        <group  id="grpReRun" label="ReRun">
          <button id="cmdQueryRunQuery" label="Run" imageMso="QueryRunQuery"
size="large" />
        </group>
      </tab>
    </tabs>
  </ribbon>
</customUI>

However, I don't know what events are available for "onAction" to tell
Access to re-run the Query that is "on top".

Do you happen to know what the "onAction" name is that Access 2007 uses for
"Run Active Query"?

I thought that the "Run" button would, by default, perform its usual
function, unless I specified some other function.  However, nothing seems to
happen when I press it.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Dan
--
Dan R

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> Changing the ribbon is quite a bit more work, but it's easy to customize the
> Quick Access Toolbar.
>
> If you really want to customize the ribbon, here's some leads:
>     http://www.accessribbon.de/en/?Access_-_Ribbons
>     http://blogs.msdn.com/clintcovington/archive/2006/12/08/msdn-article-on-creating-custom-ribbons-in-access-2007.aspx
>     http://accessjunkie.com/faq_30.aspx

> "DanR" <DanR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > In Access 2003 I was able to place the "exclamation point" RUN button on
> > my
> > Access toolbar so that I could easily re-run a query that I already had
> > open
> > (rather than try to find it in a list of a few hundred queries).  The
> > queries
> > I run usually ask for user input, so by re-running them I am able to give
> > different input.
> >
> > Is there any way in Access 2007 to place a "RUN button" on the "Home" tab
> > toolbar?
> >
> > --
> > Dan R

Sorry, Dan: I can't tell you specifics like that.

I have found that not all buttons work in all contexts.

Beyond that, the links I gave are the best leads I can suggest.

Or perhaps someone else will jump in who has attempted that.

> Allen,
>
> I read the articles to which you referred, and now am able to have a new
> Tab
> on the Access Ribbon using the XML shown here:
>
> <customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui">
>  <ribbon startFromScratch="false">
>    <tabs>
>      <tab id="dbCustomTab" label="RK Custom Tab" visible="true">
>        <group  id="grpReRun" label="ReRun">
>          <button id="cmdQueryRunQuery" label="Run"
> imageMso="QueryRunQuery"
> size="large" />
>        </group>
>      </tab>
>    </tabs>
>  </ribbon>
> </customUI>
>
> However, I don't know what events are available for "onAction" to tell
> Access to re-run the Query that is "on top".
>
> Do you happen to know what the "onAction" name is that Access 2007 uses
> for
> "Run Active Query"?
>
> I thought that the "Run" button would, by default, perform its usual
> function, unless I specified some other function.  However, nothing seems
> happen when I press it.
>
> Your help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Dan
> --
> Dan R
>

> "Allen Browne" wrote:
>
>> Changing the ribbon is quite a bit more work, but it's easy to customize
>> the
>> Quick Access Toolbar.
>>
>> If you really want to customize the ribbon, here's some leads:
>>     http://www.accessribbon.de/en/?Access_-_Ribbons
>>
>> http://blogs.msdn.com/clintcovington/archive/2006/12/08/msdn-article-on-creating-custom-ribbons-in-access-2007.aspx
>>     http://accessjunkie.com/faq_30.aspx
>>
>> "DanR" <DanR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > In Access 2003 I was able to place the "exclamation point" RUN button
>> > on
>> > my
>> > Access toolbar so that I could easily re-run a query that I already had
>> > open
>> > (rather than try to find it in a list of a few hundred queries).  The
>> > queries
>> > I run usually ask for user input, so by re-running them I am able to
>> > give
>> > different input.
>> >
>> > Is there any way in Access 2007 to place a "RUN button" on the "Home"
>> > tab
>> > toolbar?

0
Allen
2/6/2008 12:23:55 PM
Hi, Allen.

I think I'm making progress.  I learned how I can get the name of the Active
Datasheet, so I wrote the small VBA function.  Now I just have to figure out
how I can get the function to be called when the user presses the "ReRun"
button.  For the button I have set

onAction="=modRerunActiveQuery.RerunActiveQuery"

where "modRerunActiveQuery" is the VBA module in which I have placed the
following Function:

************ Begin Function **********

Option Compare Database

Function RerunActiveQuery()
    ' This procedure will re-run the query associated
    '    with the Active Datasheet.
    '    DGR 2008 02 06

    Dim objDatasheet As Object
    Dim strActiveQuery As String
    Const conNoActiveDatasheet = 2484

    On Error GoTo RerunQuery_Err

    strActiveQuery = Screen.ActiveDatasheet.Name
    DoCmd.OpenQuery strActiveQuery, acViewLayout, acReadOnly

RerunActiveQuery_Bye:
    Exit Function
RerunQuery_Err:
    If Err = conNoActiveDatasheet Then
        MsgBox "No data sheet is active.", vbExclamation
        Resume RerunActiveQuery_Bye
    End If

End Function

************* End Function ************

I seem to be getting an error that it cannot find the Function.

The error message is:
Microsoft Office Access can't find the name "modRerunActiveQuery" you
entered in the expression.  You may have specified a control that wasn't on
the current object without specifying the correct form or report context.

Now I'll try to figure out how to get around this...

--
Dan R

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> Sorry, Dan: I can't tell you specifics like that.
>
> I have found that not all buttons work in all contexts.
>
> Beyond that, the links I gave are the best leads I can suggest.
>
> Or perhaps someone else will jump in who has attempted that.

> "DanR" <DanR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Allen,
> >
> > I read the articles to which you referred, and now am able to have a new
> > Tab
> > on the Access Ribbon using the XML shown here:
> >
> > <customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui">
> >  <ribbon startFromScratch="false">
> >    <tabs>
> >      <tab id="dbCustomTab" label="RK Custom Tab" visible="true">
> >        <group  id="grpReRun" label="ReRun">
> >          <button id="cmdQueryRunQuery" label="Run"
> > imageMso="QueryRunQuery"
> > size="large" />
> >        </group>
> >      </tab>
> >    </tabs>
> >  </ribbon>
> > </customUI>
> >
> > However, I don't know what events are available for "onAction" to tell
> > Access to re-run the Query that is "on top".
> >
> > Do you happen to know what the "onAction" name is that Access 2007 uses
> > for
> > "Run Active Query"?
> >
> > I thought that the "Run" button would, by default, perform its usual
> > function, unless I specified some other function.  However, nothing seems
> > happen when I press it.
> >
> > Your help is appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Dan
> > --
> > Dan R
> >

> > "Allen Browne" wrote:
> >
> >> Changing the ribbon is quite a bit more work, but it's easy to customize
> >> the
> >> Quick Access Toolbar.
> >>
> >> If you really want to customize the ribbon, here's some leads:
> >>     http://www.accessribbon.de/en/?Access_-_Ribbons
> >>
> >> http://blogs.msdn.com/clintcovington/archive/2006/12/08/msdn-article-on-creating-custom-ribbons-in-access-2007.aspx
> >>     http://accessjunkie.com/faq_30.aspx
> >>
> >> "DanR" <DanR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

I also learned how to put my new button on the "Home" tab provided by Access
(rather than create my own tab).  I learned this from website

http://www.accessribbon.de/en/index.php?FAQ:9

I'm still trying to figure out how to get my code to do what I want.  I got
rid of the "cannot find" the onAction VBA code by using VBA : Tools :
References and checking the box for "Microsoft Office 12.0 Object Library."

I'll try to keep this thread updated with my progress.

--
Dan R

"DanR" wrote:

> [...]
> > >  <ribbon startFromScratch="false">
> > >    <tabs>
> > >      <tab id="dbCustomTab" label="RK Custom Tab" visible="true">
> > >        <group  id="grpReRun" label="ReRun">
> > >          <button id="cmdQueryRunQuery" label="Run"
> > > imageMso="QueryRunQuery"
> > > size="large" />
> > >        </group>
> > >      </tab>
> > >    </tabs>
> > >  </ribbon>
> > > </customUI>
> > >
> > > However, I don't know what events are available for "onAction" to tell
> > > Access to re-run the Query that is "on top".
> > >
> > > Do you happen to know what the "onAction" name is that Access 2007 uses
> > > for
> > > "Run Active Query"?
> > >
> > > I thought that the "Run" button would, by default, perform its usual
> > > function, unless I specified some other function.  However, nothing seems

Ahhhh, sweet success!

Here is the XML code I finally ended up using, to put the ReRun button on
the Home tab:

<customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui">
  <ribbon startFromScratch="false">
    <tabs>
      <tab idMso="TabHomeAccess">
        <group  id="grpReRun" label="ReRun">
          <button id="cmdQueryRunQuery" label="Run" imageMso="QueryRunQuery"
size="large" onAction="RerunActiveQuery" />
        </group>
      </tab>
    </tabs>
  </ribbon>
</customUI>

And here is the VBA script I needed to close the Active Query and rerun it:

Option Compare Database

Public Sub RerunActiveQuery(ctl As IRibbonControl)
    ' This procedure will re-run the query associated
    '    with the Active Datasheet.

    Dim objDatasheet As Object
    Dim strActiveQuery As String
    Const conNoActiveDatasheet = 2484

    On Error GoTo RerunQuery_Err

    strActiveQuery = Screen.ActiveDatasheet.Name
    ' Close active window
    DoCmd.Close acQuery, strActiveQuery, acSavePrompt
    DoCmd.OpenQuery strActiveQuery, acViewNormal, acEdit

RerunActiveQuery_Bye:
    Exit Sub
RerunQuery_Err:
    If Err = conNoActiveDatasheet Then
        MsgBox "No data sheet is active.", vbExclamation
        Resume RerunActiveQuery_Bye
    End If

End Sub

--
Dan R

"DanR" wrote:

> I also learned how to put my new button on the "Home" tab provided by Access
> (rather than create my own tab).  I learned this from website
>
> http://www.accessribbon.de/en/index.php?FAQ:9
>
> I'm still trying to figure out how to get my code to do what I want.  I got
> rid of the "cannot find" the onAction VBA code by using VBA : Tools :
> References and checking the box for "Microsoft Office 12.0 Object Library."
>
> I'll try to keep this thread updated with my progress.
>
> --
> Dan R
>

> "DanR" wrote:
>
> > Hi, Allen.
> >
> > I think I'm making progress.  I learned how I can get the name of the Active
> > Datasheet, so I wrote the small VBA function.  Now I just have to figure out
> > how I can get the function to be called when the user presses the "ReRun"
> > button.  For the button I have set
> >
> > onAction="=modRerunActiveQuery.RerunActiveQuery"
> >
> > where "modRerunActiveQuery" is the VBA module in which I have placed the
> > following Function:
> >
> > ************ Begin Function **********
> >
> > Option Compare Database
> >
> > Function RerunActiveQuery()
> >     ' This procedure will re-run the query associated
> >     '    with the Active Datasheet.
> >     '    DGR 2008 02 06
> >
> >     Dim objDatasheet As Object
> >     Dim strActiveQuery As String
> >     Const conNoActiveDatasheet = 2484
> >
> >     On Error GoTo RerunQuery_Err
> >
> >     strActiveQuery = Screen.ActiveDatasheet.Name
> >     DoCmd.OpenQuery strActiveQuery, acViewLayout, acReadOnly
> >
> > RerunActiveQuery_Bye:
> >     Exit Function
> > RerunQuery_Err:
> >     If Err = conNoActiveDatasheet Then
> >         MsgBox "No data sheet is active.", vbExclamation
> >         Resume RerunActiveQuery_Bye
> >     End If
> >
> > End Function
> >
> > ************* End Function ************
> >
> > I seem to be getting an error that it cannot find the Function.
> >
> > The error message is:
> > Microsoft Office Access can't find the name "modRerunActiveQuery" you
> > entered in the expression.  You may have specified a control that wasn't on
> > the current object without specifying the correct form or report context.
> >
> > Now I'll try to figure out how to get around this...
> >
> > --
> > Dan R
> >

> > "Allen Browne" wrote:
> >
> > > Sorry, Dan: I can't tell you specifics like that.
> > >
> > > I have found that not all buttons work in all contexts.
> > >
> > > Beyond that, the links I gave are the best leads I can suggest.
> > >
> > > Or perhaps someone else will jump in who has attempted that.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
> > > Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
> > > Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
> > >
> > > "DanR" <DanR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Linking Queries To Compare Information
I have to queries that I am trying to link together. The problem is that when I link them, it is only showing records tht are alike with the linked fields. I need the link to compare and show all records so I can see the similarities and the differences between all the information in both queries. Is there a way to do this? Kennedys21 wrote: > I have to queries that I am trying to link together. The problem is > that when I link them, it is only showing records tht are alike with > the linked fields. I need the link to compare and show all records > so I can see the simil...

Open a new instance
How do I force Excell to open a new instance when I open more then one spreadsheet, instead of just opening another workbook?? Hi goto 'Tools - Options - View' and check 'Windows in taskbar' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Roger Settle" <RSettle@klfinancialgroup.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5a1301c42d58$0007ce20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do I force Excell to open a new instance when I open > more then one spreadsheet, instead of just opening > another workbook?? That didn't work. It made it to where I have 2 separate excel i...

Excel 2007 01-18-10
Have Windows 7 and Office 2007 Pro Plus. On certain files whether locally or on the network I try to open a spreasheet and the excel page goes white. Error"Microsoft Excel has stopped working" File will nopt open. have done diagnostics, repair install and a complete removal and reinstall of Office. Business contact manager 2003 will not uninstall. Any suggestions? ...

Open then minimize a form before a report opens
I have a "Deposit Detail" report which pulls data from the "Deposit detail" table based on the Settlement date which is entered in a "Choose Settlement date for report" form. I want to have Access work it so when I open the "Deposit Detail" report, the "Choose Settlement date for report" form opens before the report, allows the user to enter the date they want for the report, minimizes the Choose Settlement date form, then opens the Deposit Detail report, which will then detail all Deposit Details for the Settlement date chosen. I tried ...

Information on Access 2007
I have a question? I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to find information for Access 2007.. I have tried using help in Access 2007, but I can't find what I am looking for. I was wondering if there was some resource that would help me find the information I was looking for?? For example, where are background images on a report stored? Any help would be greatly appreciated... Marie "hmm1979" <hmm1979@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > information for Access 2007.. I have tried using help in Access > 2007, but I can't find what I am looking for. ....

Business Portal 2.5 Return opening a local copy of Great Plains
When upgrading to Business Portal 2.5 from 2.0 I was told by MBS tech support that due to security reasons, the feature to open a local copy of Great Plains was removed and I must connect using a terminal server. Please PUT THIS FEATURE BACK IN !!! This was a great feature and losing it will create more work from me. Here are some other reasons; 1) it is slower. 2) I have to log in 2 more times, first for WTS, second for Great Plains. 3) In order to log into Great Plains using WTS, I must first log out of my local running copy of Great Plains. 4) It is a security risk to open up WTS ...

outlook 2000 opens mailboxes, but not email
Outlook 2000 will show mailboxes but will not respond when trying to read or send. Did repair of Office 2000 Professional and Outlook 2000 but to no avail. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Ron <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Outlook 2000 will show mailboxes but will not respond when > trying to read or send. Did repair of Office 2000 > Professional and Outlook 2000 but to no avail. What happens when you try? -- Brian Tillman Hourglass stays on screen, CTRL+ALT+DEL to check status shows that Outlook is not responding and I have to end task. Operati...

Opening Specific Workbook
How can EXCEL be made to open a particular Workbook, rather than a blank one? Have your command line shortcut point to that file. See help on "startup switches" OR store the file in your XLSTART folder OR store the file in the folder designated at Tools>Options>General "at startup open files in" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 17:06:33 -0700, "Old Red One" <oldred1@charter.net> wrote: >How can EXCEL be made to open a particular Workbook, rather than a blank >one? > ...

Add one to counter query
Hi What query will ad one to a numeric field in a table? Will it work even if field is initially null? Thanks Regards On Aug 11, 8:52 pm, "John" <J...@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote: > Hi > > What query will ad one to a numeric field in a table? Will it work even if > field is initially null? > > Thanks > > Regards Sounds like you're expecting Access's AutoNumbers to act like a sequence in Oracle where you can do something like Counter = SequenceName.NextVal There is no analogous table-level function in Access. You could use DMAX([Numeri...

Formatting currency query
At the moment my spreadsheet has figures in such as 303 and 528. These numbers represent thousands. So 303 means £303,000 and 528 means £528,000. How can I quickly change the basic figures to represent the currencies as above? Thanks. Custom Format of �0",000" Use Alt + 0163 to enter the � sign. Note: value will not change, just the format. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 09:37:00 -0700, C Tate <CTate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >At the moment my spreadsheet has figures in such as 303 and 528. These >numbers represent thousands. ...

Can't open excel on network drive, it said somebody has opened it
I tried to open an excel file on network drive, it says "XXX.xls is locked for editing by abcd", then with options to open "read only", "notify" or cancel. obviously, even that person said to lock also can't open. I can open readonly and save as new file, however, I can't move or delete old file. Any idea what went wrong. I googled it, it seems to be problem with file server. thank you. If you contact your system adminstrator to close the file on the network, it should be ok to re-open. Alternativley you could copy the file, rename it, then start us...

can not rerun Make table query
I set up a make table query to get a List of Jobs that I care about scheduling for the month - at the end of each Day I would like to update and Over write this with a New list of Jobs that I care about - the make table that I am creating is calls JobstoSched when I try and rerun the make table query it gives me an error- You can't delete the table JobstoSched; it is participating in one or more relationshiops. I went to the relationships window an delted the only line there was. I am using this table to populate a dropdown list of jobs to sched. - not sure why I can'...

Lookup currentdb queries in tbl
Hi All, I want a combo box to list all the queries in the current db so the query can be selected and opened using a button within a form. I've created a Tbl for the Qry's to go in... I've got a combo box on my form that reads the tbl list... that works I cant link the tbl list to the db query list. Ive read around the subject and it says something about Modules!!? Any help would be much appreciated -- GMan You've apparently decided on an approach ("combobox listing queries")... Now, what business problem are you attempting to solve? (there ...

File is saved on opening #2
No, I deleted all macro's and there's nothing in ThisWorkbook or Sheet1 -- Roadi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Roadie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=593 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27563 If you open excel in Safe mode, does it still happen? Close excel windows start button|Run excel /safe Then File|open your file. Roadie wrote: > > No, I deleted all macro's and there's nothing in ThisWorkbook or Sheet1. > > -- > Roadie > -...

Why am I prompted to allow to open a trusted site in IE8
When I open certain web pages (e.g.sourceforge) I am always prompted (multiple times !!!) if I really want to open this site which is already in my "Trusted site" list. See snapshot: http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2660/ie8prompttoallowtrusted.png Does that make sense? I included a domain in my trusted site list in order NOT to be prompted about such a mess. So why am I asked anyway? How can I really suppress such crap? Paul Paul Tander wrote: > When I open certain web pages (e.g.sourceforge) I am always prompted > (multiple times !!!) if I really ...

Office 2000 upgraded to 2007 HELP SORTING IN ACCESS
OH MY GOODNESS!!! I know I'm behind on releases, but what a flippin' nightmare!! The learning curve for this release is going to be interesting. Anyway... When opening my Access database, all of my queries are grouped by type, then sorted alphabetically. How can I change the sort to be ONLY alphabetically. I have the queries labeled for the order in which they are to be executed. I want to see them in this order, regardless of type of query. PLEASE HELP!! After looking at this software, I'm sure I'll be here often asking what anyone highly familiar w...

CRM Client for Outlook Causing Extra Access to Mailbox
We've installed CRM client for Outlook on machines running Office XP SP3. We are also running Symantec Anti-virus for virus protection. When we access the mails in the Outlook, we found that the Outlook hang up for some time under the following conditions: 1. Whenever a mail with large attachment(s) is selected and immediately the mouse is focused and clicked on another mail. 2. When multiple mails (some with large attachments) are selected. When believe that the behaviour is related to the access of the mail by the CRM add-in, and caused the anti-virus software to scanning the lar...

Queries to lookup a value
I have a situation where what I want to do is: Combo Box one [Field 1] shows all the options e.g.: (Fruit, Meat, Breaed) Combo Box two [Field 2] shows all the options that have been limited by [Field One] e.g.: (Apples, Pears, Oranges) Combo Box three [Field 3] shows all the options that remain after filtering by Field1 and Field2 Once I have that I want to have a form field that Looks up [Field4] and puts it in that form field. This is to be able to say give me fruit, apples, fuji, and then put in the unit price field the correct cost. I could really use help on this!!! Thanks Searc...

Access 2003 Runtime
I have a package used by about 20 people in my company running on Access 2003 Runtime. Some of the forms have hyperlink fields. When we ran on the Access full version, we could right click in those fields and edit the hyperlink text. We do not appear to have that ability in the runtime version. We need to be able to edit the hyperlink name so that it appears as something meaningful. How can I do this? "theBruceGuy" <theBruceGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5930136-BE38-4379-A799-3824A147E216@microsoft.com... >I have a package used by about 20 peopl...

Double window opens
Whenever I open a office document, I get two windows opening. The first is the actual document I need, the second is a blank page that's greyed out, with no infomation on it. How can I stop this "ghost" window that oipens?? Graham What version of Office are you using? Does that only happen when you open the document from Windows Explorer or does it also happen when you open the document by going to Word and doing File | Open... Does it happen in Word and Excel and PowerPoint and...or just in one of those? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tow...

MS Money 2007 Online Manual is Atrocious
Any pointers to where I can download an instruction manual to MS Money 2007? The one on the MS Site is the worst ever! I can only open it in a small window that is not able to be resized. There is a table of contents, but no index or search. Had I known that the instructions were going to be so poor, I would have never purchased the program. Am I the only one having difficulties with the instructions? Pat You can get the book Microsoft Money for Dummies "komobu" <curranpg@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1162681192.806031.74770@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Any poin...

"Publisher cannot open the file" error
When I try to open a Publisher 2003 file in Publisher 2007 I am getting a "Publisher cannot open the file" error message. I've seen all the comments about SP2 and the Hotfix but I've tried the Hotfix and uninstalling SP2 but neither helped. I can open some 2003 but not all and the weird thing is that I used to be able to open the files without any issue. Any suggestions would be welcome. I had the same issue (you may have seen my previous post) and ended up submitting a paid incident to Microsoft. In short, if you open certain publisher files from previous versions be...

Deleting Worksheet in excel = 2003 / 2007
How to delete worksheet in excel 2003 / 2007 Hi, Right click on the sheet tab and select delete -- Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP www.ashishmathur.com "Sandeep" <Sandeep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54942EE8-CEE8-4DC9-A7DE-8139D0BCEA0E@microsoft.com... > How to delete worksheet in excel 2003 / 2007 ...

Using Window.open Method in asp.net
Hi, I am new to ASP.Net , I want to open new window of specific size and without toolbar , I m using window.open method of javascript but my browser doesn't show this window. There is message popup is blocked. I hv also tried to allow popup through settings. Can any one help me, is there any alternate of Popup window. Regards, Hardik Shah. "hardik shah" <mcahardik@rediff.com> wrote in message news:O3KDa4rhKHA.6136@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I am new to ASP.Net , I want to open new window of specific size and > without toolbar , I m usi...

cannot open any links
HELP! When I click on a URL or picture in the email msg on Microsoft Outlook, the "Locate Link Browser" box pops up asking for Executable Files . I don't know what happened, but this started yesterday and I don't remember changing anything. How do I chg it to normal. Thanks! :-) Point it to IEXPLORE.EXE or reset your web browser as the default again in Windows. For details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/8 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add...