Report-not required to print if field is null-concatenated field q

Please tell me how to configure the field in a report not to print if the
value is null (simple concatenated field in query (ie [age 2] &" "&years
old).  The age field is not always entered, so in the report it reads "years
old", which does not look good!

In ControlSource property for field, try
=NZ(ColumnName,[Age] & ' years old','')
-- Dorian
eat for a lifetime".

"Anni" wrote:

> Please tell me how to configure the field in a report not to print if the
> value is null (simple concatenated field in query (ie [age 2] &" "&years
> old).  The age field is not always entered, so in the report it reads "years
> old", which does not look good!

Report Format

SQL 2000 Reporting Services Error for CRM 3.0
Hi Guys, I have encountered the following Reporting Servies error whenever we attempt to generate CRM reports from CRM outlook and web clients. Only the administrator groups can run the reports. Note that we have upgraded CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0. I have tried all my level best to grant the required permissions on the report folders. But still the error is there. Thank you in advance for your help. With kind regards, Gech Reporting Services Error ________________________________________ • An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details. (rsInternalError...

Outlook 2010
I have been trying to stop the From field to show when I create a new email in Outlook 2010. When I go the options tab - I have only the BCC field button to enable/disable the BCC field. I created a custom group in the ribbon and added the 'from field' button. When creating a new email, the button is dispalyed but it is disabled! How do I get rid of the From field To what view are you referring? Why do you think you would accomplish anything by doing this? It will have no bearing on what the recipient sees. -- Russ Valentine "esieens" <esieens@disc...

Printing clips the side of the document words
Hello, I've just installed all the updates for Windows XP that were required and others also and have Office 2003 with Outlook 2003. I've tried to print an email message and the words in the narrative are clipped on the right and left margins. The "TO" "FROM" "SUBJECT" and all the other header information is aligned correctly and the problem is only with the main text portion. When I print regular WORD documents, I don't have this problem and my printer can print directly to the edge of the paper (Laser). The formatting is coming from Outlook a...

Calculated Fields
Hi, Recently I started using calculated fields in word extensively. I write a lot of technical documents with a lot of calculation in them. Since all calculations are chain-like I am assigning values to variables and then use them. At the end of the document I end up with more than 100 variables which are difficult to track. So my question is how can I track my variables in Word (something like a panel where I can see them)? Is there any other efficient, or cleverer, way to complete my task? The following macro list all the docvariables with their values Sub ShowVariables(...

printing labels
I have a new computer with Outlook Express. I am trying to print labels for Christmas cards through Word 97. I get a message that says "You do not have access to this folder, see your administrator" Since I do not have an administrator do you have any ideas how to get around this? I thought maybe I could print labels from the address book but I can't find a way to do that, either. Thanks for any help. Mail merges use Outlook, not OE. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Sally" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01a201c3bb6a$0a1261...

Multi-Tier Commission Report
Has anyone developed an RMS report that allows Sales Rep commission to be calculated depending upon varying sales figures i.e. 1% comm up to sales of £300k, 2% comm between £300k-£500k and 3% comm above? If the commisson is by product you can set the products with an sql query to whatever percent you want and then with MS Access create a report with the products that sold at 1% and the product that sold at 2% and so on. But this is by product. Thanks for the post, unfortunately our commission is set by each individual Sales Reps "Total Sales" within a given peri...

report in access (Count)
If i have data in CSV file and it show like belwo Column1 Column2 ABCD Saturday ABCD Saturday EFGH Sunday ABCD Saturday MMM Friday ABCD Monday EFGH Monday I want report show like Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday ABCD 3 0 1 0 0 0 0 EFGH 0 1 1 0 0 ...

Hyperlink field in a subform
If I try to drag and drop (any type of file from a windows explorer window) into a hyperlink field on a form - it works. When that same form is a subform within another form the drag and drop does not work. Any ideas? My users prefer to use drag and drop to having to browse to the folder where the files reside that they want to use to set hyperlink.... ...

Printing

print two or more reports
I havea table that holds customer that requested a Brochure and the brochures they require I have 3 Different brochures. I have a report based on a query to print out brochure letter end of each day, but what i would also like to do is that i have 3 different brochure and customer might request just one or all 3 so i would like to print out the report that has the price list for which ever brochure they have requested What i would like is a button that will print out the brochure letter for the first customer and then print out the report with the price list that the brochure they requested...

Office 98 Word won't print keeps asking for chooser
I've had Word 98 set up on a Mac running OS 9.1 for years, working fine. I've just gone to a dual-boot machine with OS 9.2.2 and OS X, and I did purchase and install Office vX for the OS X volume. But I also installed Office 98 again in the OS 9.2.2 volume. Everything seems fine but I can't print (nor can I use Page Setup). No matter how many times I go to the Chooser and select the printer, Word keeps telling me to go to the Chooser and select the printer. Can anyone help me with this? MS won't support this software (even though it's the only version they have for OS 9, is...

Saving a SSRS Report
Hi When saving a CRM 4.0 SSRS report the system gives it a default name of guid + report format. Is there any way to change the default naming convention please. Regards CRM_2008 I'm not sure how to change the default naming convension, but if you are wanting to make the report URL addressible by name you could manually upload the report to SSRS. It would sit outside of the CRM report list, but it would be addressible by name which can be handy if you are often overwriting the report with new versions. "CRM 2008" wrote: > Hi > > When saving a CRM 4.0 SSRS ...

Dynamic Report
Hello all, I am new to creating a dynamic reports and this is I hope a 1 time need. The table I have below is created dynamically the only things that are constants would be DBH and FLAG.. the other columns could be anything and any number of them. My question is I want this to be reflected on a dynamic report as well.. I have the code below where I have started but a few questions I have is 1. my recordsource does not estatblish 2. Anyone got an example of how to create the column headers which i am sure would have to be in a loop and textbox. 3. How to preview the report and then cl...

How to check Required Form Fields before Saving or Printing?
Hello, I know that required form fields issue have been considered many times, but I searched the Internet and I can't find the solution to my problem. I have few form fields in my documents. In each document there is a different number of form fields. All form fields in each documents are required. Employee needs to fill all fields and then save and/or print the document. What I need to do.. is to check before every Saving or Printing if all fields have been filled. If not, pop up a message with FieldName which is missed. How can I do this? I'll be very grat...

Printing incorrect paper size
I have a large format ink jet printer. I can print up to size 13" by 19" (Super B) paper. In many documents I create in Publisher 2003, even though both Printer Setup and Page Setup show Super B 13"x19" paper, what prints only fits in an 8.5"x11" area. When I return to the Page and Printer setup it shows 8.5"x11" Letter. I have to keep changing the settings repeatedly and saving in random order to get the document to finally print correctly. There are not settings on the printer itself to dictate paper size. And sometimes Publisher will prin...

Reproducible bug. How to report?
A simple bug. Easily reproducible. There just does not seem to be any way for knowledgeable file bug reports with Microsoft. If anyone who monitors this newsgroup can pass this on, feel free to do so. Using Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5703) Steps to reproduce: 1. Create a new message, format plain text. 2. In the body of the message type a url. The url should include substrings that are valid HTML character entity references. Example: ------> http://www.example.com/index.html? var=0&copy=1&regular=0&note=1&lt=0 <------- [Note: this contains entities "&co...

Performing Z Report Delete Entire Database!
Hi, I'm new to RMS and have been using it for only 1 week! I have another bigger problem than the one I posted yesterday. Each day I have to reuse the original backup to start my transaction for it ALWAYS delete my records when I perform the Z Report by end of the day! This is a pain for I loose all my previous records and obviously non of my inventory is track correctly and not to mention lost all my journal receipts records for I have to use the original backup each day. The problem occurs every time right after I performed the Z Report and after exited the POS/MANAGER it will n...

Excel Report Issue
I have created a parameter driven Excel query (using MS Query) that allows the user to enter a range of dates (to look up CRM Cases in a given time period). On a separate sheet I built a fairly simple PivotTable to display the query results. Right now, the users access it from their desktop, but I'd like to have it available in CRM's Reports section. Problem there is that when we open the workbook from within CRM, the workbook opens with a different name, and this breaks the PivotTable. Is there a way to change this behaviour? ...

How do I make colors print the same as Publisher document screen?
I have an HP inkjet 5100 series printer. IN photoshop, adobe and all other programs, the colors print fairly close to the colors on screen. Trying now to print from a publisher document and the colors are very different - olive becomes kelly green, pink become fushia, etc. It's not just saturation but different tones. How can I fix this? Is the document in CMYK? If so the colors won't be accurate to a home printer. Color balance your monitor? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "JudyL" <JudyL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Required Tech support(Exchange down)
Hi Microsoft! Please give me better suggestion that I m Exchange manager of my entire organization. My company is using Ms Exchange 2003. I m facing problem regarding incoming mails. When my Exchange down due to any reason (Power failure, disconnection, exchange down etc). my emails are return back to senders. These emails are not queued in my main ISP server’s Secondary DNS. My main DNS server(ISP) is not be able to store these emails temporarily. Kindly suggests me best solution Please look into the problem and advise me solution/remedy for the said problem. Your earl...

Read & print (float) double from filestream
Hi, How do I process (display) data from a file which has the type of DOUBLE ? The data in the file is for expl: "CD CC CC CC CC CC DC 3F", in Little Endian format. Thanks, Saya double d; CFile f; f.Open(...); while( f.Read((LPBYTE)&d, sizeof(d) ) { CString s; s.Format(_T("%d"), d); ...show s } f.Close(); (some details and error checking left as an Exercise For The Reader) joe On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 11:36:15 +0200, Saya <> wrote: > >Hi, > >How do I process (display) data from a file which has the type of >DOUBLE ?...

Latest Modification Date Automatically Printed
I am new to Excel and I have a pretty elementary question that I could not find an answer for. I want to indicate on the Excel spreadsheet when it prints out the last date I have modified the spreadsheet. I would like to have that printed out automatically, without my having to enter the date each time I change the spreadsheet. Any advice would be appreciated. Pedro -- To contact me directly by email, please remove the words "NO" and "SPAM" from the reply address above. Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveSheet.PageSetup ...

Put some RTFs in a printing document
Hi, I have to put some RTF documents in a document like in this picture: http://www.menci.it/Guests/Any/Snap1.gif How can I do that? Does exist an RTF render? I'm use VB on .Net 2005 ...

Accessing fields on Record Source without putting them on form/subform
I have a database designed to maintain family membership information. I have a mainform and subform. The subform draws data from tbl_family, which contains fields - household_id, family_member_id, and relationship plus others. Please note that Head of Household (coded AA) is one of the selections for Relationship field. On subform, each time the user selects a different person to be the Head of Household, the relationships for all family members reset to blank, except the one person just selected for head of household. Here is my working codes: ************ Private Sub cboRe...