Removing text from part of a field

Good morning,

I have a table with a field that contains the following:
PAGE_03
PAGE_03A
PAGE_01

I need to create a query that can remove the text "PAGE_0" from the field.

Thanks,

Fred

Mid([YourFieldName],7)

--
Rick B

"fgwiii" <fgwiii@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Good morning,
>
> I have a table with a field that contains the following:
> PAGE_03
> PAGE_03A
> PAGE_01
>
> I need to create a query that can remove the text "PAGE_0" from the field.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Fred

0
Rick

Pasteing In text into a current text box
When I cut text from a website and attempt to paste it into a current text box, Publisher 2003 defaults to create a new text box instead of inserting it into the preexisting one. How can I fixt this? Firstly you do not say which version of Publisher you are using. Secondly when you copy a webpage you are copying HTML. Use menu EDIT > Paste Special > Unformatted Text or paste into Notepad which will remove all the formatting and then re-copy and paste into Publisher. "��MS-Publisher��" wrote: > Firstly you do not say which version of Publisher you are using. ========...

Convert Text To Valid Date
I have text field of [Yr] and [mth] and sample records as follow [Yr] [mth] 2010 01 2010 02 How to convert the two fields as a valid year & month date Thanks hi, On 20.04.2010 12:17, zyus wrote: > I have text field of [Yr] and [mth] and sample records as follow > > [Yr] [mth] > 2010 01 > 2010 02 > > How to convert the two fields as a valid year& month date SELECT DateSerial([Yr], [mth], 1) As SampleDate, * FROM yourTable mfG --> stefan <-- On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 03:17:01 -0700, zyus <zyus...

Tax Field Not Transferring
We currently have our salespeople working in orders, and once the order is complete, we transfer it to an invoice. When we perform these transfers, if there is any value entered in the Tax field, this value is not transferred onto the invoice. We always check the box labeled "Include Totals and Deposits," but that doesn't seem to do the trick. Also, we noticed that whenever the shipping method on an invoice is changed, the value in the tax field changes to 0. Is there any way to prevent either of these things from happening? ...

Removal

Remove Excel Icon ??

Unable to use SetFocus on boolean field
I have a boolean field in one of my forms and it does not appear to have the Crm javascript method SetFocus implemented or at least calling that method results in an error. The method is in the crm sdk listed under the available methods for all field types. The methode does work for textbox fields. so: crmForm.all.some_textbox.SetFocus(); >> works crmForm.all.some_boolean_field.SetFocus(); >> throws an exception Possible Bug? -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD) Lead Developer Aviva IT www.aviva-it.nl ------=_NextPart_0001_3FA405FE Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encod...

Resizing row height to dynamically fit height of text box
Is there a way to link the height of a text box to the height of a row so that as you type text into the text box and the text box's height increases, the row height will also increase? I know That by setting the "Move and size with cells" option you can make the TEXT BOX height increase as the ROW height increases, but I'm looking to do the opposite (i.e. make the ROW height increase as the TEXT BOX height increases). Not too complicate things too much, but I was also hoping to do this within a protected sheet. "Jon" wrote: > Is there a way to link the...

Wrap text and row autofit
Hello, If Wrap text is enabled for a cell, the row autofit function works properly. But if I merge 2 or more cells in a row, then autofit doesn't work. It sets itself to the height of 1 row even if the contents require more than 1 row's height. Pls help. Note: Excel 2003 version. thanks, GK GK Rows with Merged cells will not Autofit. Just one of many problems with merged cells. You need VBA code to do that. Here is code from Greg Wilson. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim NewRwHt As Single Dim cWdth As Single, MrgeWdth As Single Dim c As Range, cc As ...

Conditional Formatting Text!!
Hi I want to conditionally format some text in a spreadsheet using formula: I have column A1 with: 4a Be 3a To 4c To 4b Be 4c Be 5c Be 5c To 6a Be etc... What I want to do is for all cells which contain "5a Be" "5b Be" 5c Be" "4a Be" "4b be" and "4c Be" to be highlighted in Red - is there a formula to put all of them into one formula - If("5a Be" or "5b Be) etc.. Thanks Kiran "Kiran" <kiran.vithal@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1143053337.964222.63000@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi > ...

Parse Suffix from Last Name Field
I have a last name field where the suffix like JR, SR, III, II, etc is part of the data. How can I parse the suffix and leave the last name? TIA On Fri, 7 May 2010 12:58:01 -0700, Bill B. <BillB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a last name field where the suffix like JR, SR, III, II, etc is part >of the data. How can I parse the suffix and leave the last name? TIA Not easily: what if you have LastName values like "de la Torre" or "von Beethoven"? You could use expressions like NewLast: Left(([lastname] & " ", InStr...

Remove lines with +++

IF Function with Text values
Hi, I can't seem to get the IF formula to work with my spreadsheet. I have two colums one with user login the other with surname and i need to pick the surname out of the user login and i can't get the IF true or false to pick out the surnames, any help very much appriciated. Hi use something like =VLOOKUP("user_id",A1:B100,2,0) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany .. wrote: > Hi, I can't seem to get the IF formula to work with my spreadsheet. I > have two colums one with user login the other with surname and i need > to pick the surname out of the u...

why text only on my in-coming emails?
why am I getting text only on my in-coming emails? Hello Happy, What version of Outlook are you using? -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenote.html > why am I getting text only on my in-coming emails? > Do you have the option set to read all standard mail in plain text? It's under Tools > Options > Email Options. -Peter "Happy Jack" <Happy Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B76EED14-D933-4379-A75C-145590477C86@microsoft.com... > why am...

Text Boxes on Tabbed pages in Form
I have an entry form for a database, and it has 8 tabbed pages. I have recently added 2 new text boxes in order to record and gather more information. However, as I go through the tabbed pages, the 2 new boxes I created show on every page. I noticed that when I click on the page tab, all the other boxes and fields that change from page to page have a black box, seemingly to show that they are grouped. I then when to Format and tried to group in my two new boxes, but that is not an option. I was wondering what can be done so I can have my newly created items only appear on the first...

Update Query
I have a table made up of fields A, B, and C. I want to update the data in the table such that the value in fields C is placed in field A, and field C is set to null. thanks for the help -seems like this should be very simple. -- Bill Gable On Tue, 15 May 2007 12:46:01 -0700, Big Dog wrote: > I have a table made up of fields A, B, and C. I want to update the data in > the table such that the value in fields C is placed in field A, and field C > is set to null. thanks for the help -seems like this should be very simple. Back up your table first. Create an update query. Upd...

How to Remove SRS

remove Fax from address book?

Hints/tips text block for Word
I need a text block for hints/tips to slot into body text, preferably with a symbol like a lightbulb or pointing hand. Thanks You could define a style using the lightbulb or pointing hand as a "picture bullet." Or you can anchor a graphic to a paragraph in a dedicated style and save the empty (or dummy) paragraph as an AutoText entry (building block in Word 2007). -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Ciceronian" <Ciceronian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B59E0C...

Copy field data to multiple places

Removing an item from menu

Excel TEXT formatting
Hello, I want to use TEXT function in excel to format a number like -99.9854 to xxxxxx-99.9854 where 6 x's are 6 trailing white spaces. The number is in the range -99999.9999 to -0.9999. Any body can help please? KIS On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 16:15:50 -0700 (PDT), kis <kisitanggang@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I want to use TEXT function in excel to format a number like -99.9854 >to xxxxxx-99.9854 where 6 x's are 6 trailing white spaces. The number >is in the range -99999.9999 to -0.9999. Any body can help please? > >KIS > > > > Maybe it&#...

Need to remove selected characters