removing blank fields in a query

I need to build a table using a old database. the field I want has some data
in them but can also have blanks. I do not wan the fields with blanks how do
I accomplish this.
--
Les

>>I do not wan the fields with blanks
Just omit that field.

Or do you not want records that have blank fields?
Use criteria of             Is Not Null       on the field.

--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little

"Les" wrote:

> I need to build a table using a old database. the field I want has some data
> in them but can also have blanks. I do not wan the fields with blanks how do
> I accomplish this.
> --
> Les
Les

Lets make sure we're using the same words the same way.  If you have an
Access table that has multiple fields (i.e., columns) and multiple records
(i.e., rows), then you could have a record with data in some fields and not
in others... and the next record COULD have data in the fields that were
missing in the previous record.

If you don't want the table to have fields with blanks, but some records
don't have blanks, what are you proposing to do?

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Office/Access MVP

"Les" <Les@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to build a table using a old database. the field I want has some
>data
> in them but can also have blanks. I do not wan the fields with blanks how
> do
> I accomplish this.
> --
> Les

0
Jeff

Tax Field Not Transferring
We currently have our salespeople working in orders, and once the order is complete, we transfer it to an invoice. When we perform these transfers, if there is any value entered in the Tax field, this value is not transferred onto the invoice. We always check the box labeled "Include Totals and Deposits," but that doesn't seem to do the trick. Also, we noticed that whenever the shipping method on an invoice is changed, the value in the tax field changes to 0. Is there any way to prevent either of these things from happening? ...

Removal

Remove Excel Icon ??

Remove lines with +++

Parse Suffix from Last Name Field
I have a last name field where the suffix like JR, SR, III, II, etc is part of the data. How can I parse the suffix and leave the last name? TIA On Fri, 7 May 2010 12:58:01 -0700, Bill B. <BillB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a last name field where the suffix like JR, SR, III, II, etc is part >of the data. How can I parse the suffix and leave the last name? TIA Not easily: what if you have LastName values like "de la Torre" or "von Beethoven"? You could use expressions like NewLast: Left(([lastname] & " ", InStr...

How to Remove SRS

Update Query
I have a table made up of fields A, B, and C. I want to update the data in the table such that the value in fields C is placed in field A, and field C is set to null. thanks for the help -seems like this should be very simple. -- Bill Gable On Tue, 15 May 2007 12:46:01 -0700, Big Dog wrote: > I have a table made up of fields A, B, and C. I want to update the data in > the table such that the value in fields C is placed in field A, and field C > is set to null. thanks for the help -seems like this should be very simple. Back up your table first. Create an update query. Upd...

Removing an item from menu

Change of field separator
When I open CSV files in Excel all data is put in one column. Can anyone tell me, where I change my set up, so I get another field separator? Please be specific, because my Excel is a Danish version, and sometimes I have a hard time following the English instructions. Thanks! Jane Hi you specify this in the Windows regional settings. Another idea: - rename your *.csv file to a *.txt file - now open it with excel. The Import wizard should appear and should allow you to specify a different delimiter "Janepige" wrote: > When I open CSV files in Excel all data is put in one co...

Copy field data to multiple places

ISV.config query
Hi, Im not a programmer and have limited experience with coding etc. However I wish to add a button to the account page/form via the isv config file. I want this button to get the website address of the company from the form and then use it to open the company website in a new window. Could anyone give me an indication of how to do this or even a sample bit of code...? This would be very helpful Thanks in advance Hi, The easiest way is probably for you to take a look in the isv.config file and just copy and paste. The test.gif and the url is just an example! Here is an example of...

Message title is blank
Using Outlook 2000, I have noted lately that when I reply to an email stored in my pst file, the information does not have a subject line or a message text from me as it supposed to have. It is just an envelope that is blank. Any idea what is causing this behavior and how to resolve this? It does not happen from my mailbox itself but only from my pst files that are stored on the network. ...

remove Fax from address book?

Need to remove selected characters

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

Removing password protection on a sheet

Populate Table with Fields from Another Table?
I have 2 tables, Claims and Transactions. They have a 1 to many relationship, 1 claim can have many transactions. The issue I am having is that we are working backwards. Instead of inputting a claim and linking the transactions to the claim, I am receiving a data feed of the transactions and need to populate the claim table. I have PK ClaimNumber in my claim table and have the same field within the transaction table. I am thinking I would need a Find Dups query to get the unique claim numbers from the transaction table and then append to claim table. Getting multiple feed...

How to Remove Yahoo toolbar

Inbox Email Show Blank From Field
Can anyone help with this problem please. Some Inbox email show a blank From Field. The messages are from internal users and are not spam. Also the from field is viewable in the preview pane and when opening the message but not in folder view. I've tried restting the folder view but to no avail. Also when the message is copied into another mailbox or a pst the From field remains blank in the folder view. Client is Outlook 2002 SP2. Server software is Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 Standard. Thanks, Phil ...

formula field: don't display anything when value is zero (using ;"
hello, I read this under the topic "How to get a formula field to total an entire table column, even if some cells in the column contain text or are blank" on the MVP-site and can't get it to work. I'm interested in the final bit, using ;"" Does anyone know how to do this? <start quotation>... Then in the total cell, press Ctrl+F9, and within the field braces {}, insert the following formula: { SUM(Table1 F:F) \# "#,##0.00;- #,##0.00;''" } “Table1” in the formula refers to the name of the bookmark you've marked the ...

on last enter start new blank form
is there a way to have a new blank form start after entering last input of information? Thanks in advance for the help! If you set the form's property to add new records, and add a <Save> command button, you should get "a new blank form". If you're asking how to have it happen without the <Save> button, how will Access "know" when you're finished entering data? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a produ...