Recorset not updateable in a crosstab query

I have created a crosstab query based on just one linked table using the
Access wizard and when I finished I get the erro "The recorset is not
updateable", clicking on OK it shows me the tahe results in the corresponding
table, but if I try to see the structure of the query it shows me the
structure mask but saying that in the expression "Format([DPC]:"aaaa")" there
to many closing brackets.

I copied the table to the current DB to avoid any links problems but the
result is the same.

Can anybody tell me how to solve the problem?

Thanks very much in advance

Michelangelo

Hi -

I am not clear on exactly what your problem is.  When do you get this error?
It should not be as a result of the wizard, but - does one of the fields in
your source table have that display Format for it?  If so, see if removing it
and running the wizard again solves the problem.  It's a bit of a shot in the
dark, I know, but it's the only way that I can see that the crosstab wizard
would encounter a Format.

What do you mean by "the structure mask" of the query?  Can't you just open
the query in design view?

HTH

John

--
John Goddard
Ottawa, ON Canada

J_Goddard
3/19/2010 2:19:34 PM
Crosstabs will be "not updateable" so you won't be able to use it to change
or add records. Still I don't know why you are getting that error when
creating it. How is the table linked? ODBC?

Are you trying to view the query in the normal design view or SQL View? SQL
view is the way to go. In fact go to SQL view and copy and paste the SQL here
so we can better see what is going on.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"michelangelo" wrote:

> I have created a crosstab query based on just one linked table using the
> Access wizard and when I finished I get the erro "The recorset is not
> updateable", clicking on OK it shows me the tahe results in the corresponding
> table, but if I try to see the structure of the query it shows me the
> structure mask but saying that in the expression "Format([DPC]:"aaaa")" there
> to many closing brackets.
>
> I copied the table to the current DB to avoid any links problems but the
> result is the same.
>
> Can anybody tell me how to solve the problem?
>
> Thanks very much in advance
>
> Michelangelo

Update for MS Money 2005?

Problem with Script Updating

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Update question

SELECT query as subquery to APPEND
I am trying to use a SELECT query as a subquery to an APPEND query to create a dynaset on the fly and append it into tblEmployeeProduction from the click of a button on a form. The only thing is that my SELECT query takes one parameter and because of that I am unsure how to set up the APPEND portion of the query or if it can be done at all. Here are the opening lines of the SELECT's SQL: PARAMETERS forms![frmSetEmpHours]![txtDate] DateTime; SELECT [FirstName] & " " & [LastName] AS Name, forms!frmSetEmpHours! txtDate AS ProductionDate, 'Do more stuff here.............

How update entity in post update?

Any way to make the web query refresh to be done in the background?
currently when refreshing the data ... the mouse pointer will be bus and nothing i can do until it finish ... any way to set it so that i can do in the background without distrubing my interaction ? Thank if anyone can help .. Regards -- kitste ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kitster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1495 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26912 ...

latest update too MSCFV2

Dynamic Menu update

online updates for money2003(not updating)

Payroll Update

[ANN] Excel X security update

Cannot update table--only does SQL insert
Hi, just another newbie type of question.... i have a new window with its own table. i'm doing a "copy from window to table" &c, and it works fine to insert data the first time. however, i can tell from the SQL Profiler that when I try to modify the data, it does not do an update--it tries to do another insert (and of course, can't). Is there something I should be setting in Dexterity somewhere to make the table updatable, or do I need to manage this with PassThroughSQL? thanks in advance. Table operations are covered in detail during the Dexterity Training, pl...

Cannot Update office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel When I try to update office a message appears saying that a version of the software needed to udate microsoft office is not available. What is this and what can be done to correct it I have the same problem with Tiger 10.4.11. "efrosini@officeformac.com" wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel > > When I try to update office a message appears saying that a version of the software needed to udate microsoft office is not available. What is this and ...

automatically update field
Hi I have a combo box with two columns - product & stock code. When I select a product I want the the stock code column which I have in my table to automatically populate. Is this possible to have on the actual main table? -- Thank you for your help Yes - you could use the AfterUpdate event of the combo to set the value of the control bound to the field holding the stock code. But - why ? You already have the stock code so it seems you want to store it again (twice in the same table or - even worse - in another table). Both of these are very bad ideas. You should use the rel...

Client method called by RegisterStartupScript is firing but UI isn't updating
Can somebody look at the below code and tell me what I am doing wrong. I am uploading files and need to report back to the client when each upload has completed. for(i=0;i<=Request.Files.Count;i++) { int percentComplete = (int)Math.Ceiling((double)(i + 1) / (double) Request.Files.Count * 100); string message = string.Format("{0} of {1} uploaded", i + 1, Request.Files.Count); ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript(this, this.GetType(), "progress" + i, @"do_progress('" + message + "','" + percentComplete + "');",...

Exchange updates?
Maybe I'm getting blocked at the firewall or something, but is there a process similar to Windows update that will tell you all of the recommended critical Exchange updates that need to be applied to your server? TIA WSUS. Andrew "SilverICE" <SilverICE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0926995-3D51-43A0-B537-57476FD63E6D@microsoft.com... > Maybe I'm getting blocked at the firewall or something, but is there a > process similar to Windows update that will tell you all of the > recommended > critical Exchange updates that need to be ap...

Money Plus Premium Update Last Night?
When I logged in to money today I got the converting file message. That usually means an update was applied. Did anyone else see this? I'm currently running Money Plus Premium version 17.0.125.1415. The only version of Money where an update would require a conversion of a data file was Money 2005. So, this actually likely means that you're opening an older file or restoring a file/backup created with an older version. If you start Money using a shortcut, see if that shortcut is actually pointing to a specific file or it is only launching msmoney.exe -Mark "Zach Ro...

Recorset not updateable in a crosstab query
I have created a crosstab query based on just one linked table using the Access wizard and when I finished I get the erro "The recorset is not updateable", clicking on OK it shows me the tahe results in the corresponding table, but if I try to see the structure of the query it shows me the structure mask but saying that in the expression "Format([DPC]:"aaaa")" there to many closing brackets. I copied the table to the current DB to avoid any links problems but the result is the same. Can anybody tell me how to solve the problem? Thanks very muc...

Problems Updating to Visual Studio 2008
I've previously used Visual C++ 4 and have now updated to Visual Studio 2008. In Visual C++ 4, I used the Class Wizard with its five tabs: Message Maps, Member Variables, OLE Automation, OLE Events, and Class Info to define an application. This structure doesn't seem to exist in Visual Studio 2008. Can anyone explain, or point me to information about, how I can get to the same functionality in Visual Studio 2008? I'd also welcome any suggestions for a book I might purchase that explains how to use Visual C++ as implemented in Visual Studio 2008. Gordon P "Gordon P...