Record Deleted

I am attempting to write a simple query and when I choose the information in
ascending order I am receiving an error message that states a record has been
deleted and will not provide the report. I'm finding that I'm receiving this
message on several already created queries. How can I correct this without
losing information? The only change has been the relocation of the file to
another folder.

Are you talking about the main .mdb file that's been moved?

Is the database split? If so, have you relinked the tables after moving the
file?

Do you have full permissions to the folder holding the file? Not just the
file; rather the entire folder.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"watza_matta_u" wrote:

> I am attempting to write a simple query and when I choose the information in
> ascending order I am receiving an error message that states a record has been
> deleted and will not provide the report. I'm finding that I'm receiving this
> message on several already created queries. How can I correct this without
> losing information? The only change has been the relocation of the file to
> another folder.

How do I add a record counter to my form
I would like to add my own record counter, like "Record # of #", to my form. How can I do this? Private Sub Form_Load() DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNext DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acFirst End Sub Private Sub Form_Current() Me.Caption = "Record " & CurrentRecord & " Of " & RecordsetClone.RecordCount & " Records" End Sub This code places the info in the form's title area. To place it in a Label, substitute Me.LableName.Caption for Me.Caption. To place it in a TextBox, substitute Me.TextBoxName.Va...

Record recording
I need help in creating an automatic record form a file to an individual record. Example: You would make a work order for three different employees the first employees work order enter name, date, location, time, cost, and then this information would automatically be recorded to a permanent work sheet record specific to that employee. I have tried to manipulate VLOOKUP for this but to no avail. Any clue or help would be greatly appreciated. -- cdixon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cdixon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=ge...

Re-install a database/company after deleting the DB in SQL EM.
Can anyone list all the tables that need to be cleaned out if a company database is deleted in Enterprise Manager before the company is deleted in GP? I have mistakenly done this and would like to clear everything out and set up that same database name again. No backup yet as it was a brand-new migration database ( a poor excuse I admit) that had the migration run on it. Thought we had it by clearing out the related company entries in the SY01500, DU0000xx, SY40500, SY40502? and a few more tables, but the new company setup still bombs on the very last step of the SQL setup (loading d...

Cascade delete
Hi, I need to find out if the cascade delete option is set on any of the tables in my database. Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers Mounilk Mounilk (mounilkadakia@hotmail.com) writes: > I need to find out if the cascade delete option is set on any of the > tables in my database. Any help is greatly appreciated. Look up the catalog view sys.foreign_keys in Books Online. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx Books Online for SQL S...

Help with sql which counts records
Could someone help me to extend this sql to include: 1. a count of txtsole where the field is a YES/NO field and I want a count of where the answer is YES 2. a count of txtmulti where the field is a YES/NO field and I want a count of where the answer is YES 3. a count of txtsole where the field is a YES/NO field and I want a count of where the answer is YES 4. a count of txtnbrparts where the field is a number field and I want a count of where the answer greater than 1 I think I need to extend the WHERE statement? SELECT tblhvdealspt1.txtablhybrid, Count(*) AS totals, tblhvdealspt...

How to restore a deleted Outlook 2003 contacts folder
I had first-level folders called bkgs_future, 0907, 0908. I deleted the first one, and for some strange reason the others disappeared as well (althought they weren't represented as sub-folders). When I right click on Personal Folders and select properties, then click on Folders it shows: Deleted Items\Bkgs_future\0907 Deleted Items\Bkgs_future\0908 But when I click on 'deleted items' it list various folders but not these ones. How can I retrieve these folders if they aren't visible in 'deleted items'? Why did it treat them as sub-folders when it didn'...

deleting rows
I have used excel for years and have never run across this problem. this is what I can do to get an error. 1. be in any file 2. save it 3. delete a row. 4. save it After #4, it meeses up and give me an error of Modver 8.0.1.4307 Offset 0018d268 APPver8.0.1.4307 Excel.Exe any suggestions? Thanks, cp try cleaning out temp dir, reboot computer -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software Granite Shoals, TX donaldb@281.com "charlie" <cpick88@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:032001c34b1f$82f1a610$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have used excel for years and have never run across > this...

Selecting specific records
Is it possible to create a form with a "select" field (yes/no box), to select several items (say employees) and then output this information to a report with only the fields selected? -- Lori A. Pong How about multi-select list box? HTH -- -Larry- -- "Lori" <lpong@sternconstruction.com> wrote in message news:CAE5922D-92E5-4A01-83B2-6484024725C5@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to create a form with a "select" field (yes/no box), to select > several items (say employees) and then output this information to a report > with only the fields sele...

Multiple records in table to display single records
My table has 3 columns, A is account numbers, B is first name, C is last name. If an account has 2 owners, the account number is listed twice in C1, like this: A B C 123 Hank Jones 123 Ann Jones 231 Mike Smith 321 Jim John I want to query this table to display the names side by side if there is more than one owner, so that my data appears like this: A B C D E 123 Hal Jones Ann Jones 231 Tim Smith 321 Jim John Help please! Sorry, got the names mixed up! "Hurrikane4" wrote: > My table has 3 columns, A is account numb...

Unable to delete "sent" mail from folder
I am running Outlook 2000. Currently my Sent mail folder is approx. 58 meg. I am unable to delete or archive "sent" messages from as far back as October 2001. I get the message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error". This only happens in this folder. I suspect it may relate to relocating my .pst files from the server to my local folder "c:/docs&settings/myusername/local settings/application data/microsoft/outlook". Or it could relate to migrating from Outlook 98 to Outlook 2000 (which occured before I moved the .pst file). Any thoughts?...

How do I trigger an event on opening a record
I have an Access 2003 form where I would like to take an action (e.g. via an event procedure or macro) whwnever the user opens a record for editing (e.g. via the arrowed record selector buttons). Effectively what I want is something like an On Enter or On Open control but relating to a whole record. It seems that such a control is only available for (e.g.) a text box, which relates to a single field in a record. I thought there would be something in the Detail section of the form as I thought that section related to whole records (?) but there isn't such a control there. Any idea...

Deleted File Drop down Menu from Menu Bar

Excel Footer will not delete permanently
Excel 2000 insists on retaining an unwanted footer in the left footer window, even after being deleted and/or replaced. The unwanted footer is popped in automatically when the Print Menu or the Print Preview function is invoked. I've deleted all macros, Custom Views, and the Report Manager, to no avail. It appears to be popping in the unwanted footer from the MRU List in the footer window. 1) How do I eliminate this nuisance? 2) How do I delete the Footer MRU list? Thank you. ...

Object Source / Record Source
Hello I have created a database regarding the School System. I have created three forms (one form and two subforms) one main form is (Students) where i enter student's name, father's name, phone, address etc. now on the main Student form i want to place a subform. But the thing i want to know is: I want to make two buttons on my main form (Fees) and (Progress).. because i have two subforms (sbffees and sbfprogress) now the record source of subformbox should be controled with these two buttons. when i click the ( Fee) button the Source Object should be (sbf-fee) and when i c...

outlook deleted my emails???
all i did was move a folder with emails in it from one email account to another on outlook and the folder moved but not the emails in the folder...does anyone know where they have gone???? pleae help me Is your view of the contents of the folder filtered? Check View > Current View. Messages is what should be checked. "shazdibbs" <shazdibbs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFD9BBA6-7C1F-4387-B69E-66E1570CFA17@microsoft.com... > all i did was move a folder with emails in it from one email account to > another on outlook and the folder moved ...

How do I delete unwanted saved e-mail addresses
Alright here is the problem. I just started working for an agency about a week ago and until yesterday, I was always replying ads on craigslist about housing(looking for an apartment) and today, a coworker of mine had told me that stuff like that shouldnt be on my server, and everything I try sending out a mail and I wanna type in the address that starts with a P, it brings up all the personals from craigslist and I dont want to do. My question is how do i erase that or stop it completely? You can highlight an address in an auto-suggest dropdown and hit the Delete key to remove it &qu...

Outlook client 'View in CRM' does not open the record
My 'View in CRM' button is not opening the CRM record. Pop-up blocker is turned off. Any other ideas? Thank you very much! Suzy ...

Record Count 10-02-07
Experts, I'm trying to dynamically stored the record count from a subform into a field on my form. Now I have to look at the record count on the subform and manually entered the count into a field on form. There must be a better way. Please help! In the Control Source property of a text box on the main form: =[SubFormControlName].[Form].[recordset].[RecordCount] Where SubFormControlName is the name of the subform control, Not the name of the form that is the Source Object of the subform control. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Shiller" wrote: > Experts, >...

MCI recording silence, but Sound Recorder records OK.
Hello everybody, This code using MCI is working fine in many PCs, but one (in which only a long silence is recorded): // // OPEN // sMsg.Format("open new type waveaudio alias %s", m_sWavName); mciError = mciSendString(sMsg, lpszReturnString, 256, NULL); (...) sMsg.Format("status %s mode wait", m_sWavName); mciError = mciSendString(sMsg, lpszReturnString, 256, NULL); (...) sMsg.Format("set %s format tag PCM", m_sWavName); mciError = mciSendString(sMsg, lpszReturnString, 256, NULL); (...) sMsg.Format("set %s channels 1", m_sWavName); mciE...

Deleting a File in Code
I am trying to figure out the code to delete a file from code within Access. I have the file location/name, I'm stuck trying to come up with the code. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Sharkbyte Check out the kill method in the Help file. Lars "Sharkbyte" <sharkbyte1@hotmail.com-> schreef in bericht news:9A960A9A-7395-4670-84A0-4DDA39942DB4@microsoft.com... > I am trying to figure out the code to delete a file from code within > Access. > I have the file location/name, I'm stuck trying to come up with the code. > > Any help is...

Control the number of records shown in a report/subreport.
I've posted this question before and when I follow the advice, I keep getting a circular reference error. So I'm hoping that if I post some more info, I may get insight as to what is going wrong. I have a report (BartS1report) it uses a query (BartS1Report). This report as a subreport (BartS1Sub2) that uses the query (BartS1). The report lists the customer name, address, and systems serviced. The subreport lists the systems serviced. The reports are connected through the Master/Child links Customer ID and the ServiceAddress. When there are more than 20 systems per ...

New Record
I have a form/subform. I have an event that opens a popup. I select from a list on the popup that copies the value onto a txtbox on the Main form and the popup then automatically closes. In the same code I place the focus in the subform to begin adding data to a new record. The problem I 'm having is that when the focus is set in the sub, there are two lines. The top line, which is the one I'm entering data in, does not automatically put the autonumber in for the ID that links the tables, but the record below it does, which is one that I'm not using. When I fill in the...

What determines the order in which records are viewed
Hi all What determines the order in which records are viewed in a table If I import data or create a new table from a query regards, Garry ...

Recording last modification of records
I have found out how to record the date and time of the last modification to a record, which is great. Can I also record the user that made the changes? If so,how? Something like this can give you the network login name. http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0008.htm -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "splitz" wrote: > I have found out how to record the date and time of the last modification to > a record, which is great. Can I also record the user that made the changes? > If so,how? ...

Deleting Contracts
When trying to delete a cancelled contract I'm geting the following - "THE STATUS OF THE CONTRACT DOES NOT ALLOW THIS ACTION" I need to delete test data. How do I delete contracts from CRM? You cannot do this in a supported way, but if you are happy with SQL Query Analyser I think you could run UPDATE statement on the MSCRM database to SET statuscode and statecode for the cancelled contract to a state where you can delete the contract through the CRM user interface Take a backup first, though "MKM" <musha1@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1121688971.896...