query syntax error

SELECT [EventsID], [EventName] FROM Events WHERE (([Catagory]=(Event
Catagory[EvtCatID])));
The above is what I have in my query builder
Events is a fld  Datatype  autonumber
EventName is a fld  Datatype  text
FROM Events  iis the Table
WHERE   Cataory  is a fld   datatype  Number
Event Catagory  is a tbl
EvtDCatID  is a fld  Datatype   autonumber
The fld the result is to go in is
ChurchService  Datatype  number
Properties combobox  tbl query
rowsource is the above query builder
bound column  1  column count 2
column width  0",1"
Iget a syntax error with the where part that is in ()
What is the correction

SELECT Events.[EventsID],
  Events.[EventName]
FROM Events, [Event Category]
WHERE Events.[Catagory]= [Event Category].[EvtCatID] ;

--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"MaRSMAN" wrote:

> SELECT [EventsID], [EventName] FROM Events WHERE (([Catagory]=(Event
> Catagory[EvtCatID])));
> The above is what I have in my query builder
> Events is a fld  Datatype  autonumber
> EventName is a fld  Datatype  text
> FROM Events  iis the Table
> WHERE   Cataory  is a fld   datatype  Number
> Event Catagory  is a tbl
> EvtDCatID  is a fld  Datatype   autonumber
> The fld the result is to go in is
> ChurchService  Datatype  number
> Properties combobox  tbl query
> rowsource is the above query builder
> bound column  1  column count 2
> column width  0",1"
> Iget a syntax error with the where part that is in ()
> What is the correction

Event ID 8270, LDAP error for Exchange 2003
Hi, All: I just built a Win2003 AD with exchange 2003 as mail server. We have ca. 10 child domains located in different places. In Exchange 2003, I created RUS for all child domains. It seems working fine now. We can send/receive email from parent/child domains. But I keep getting hte following error messages from application logs: Event Source: MSExchangeAL Event Category: LDAP Operation Event ID:8270 LDAP returned error [20]. No Such Object when importing transaction dn. <GUID=D4EDD...> changetypr: modify member:add <GUID=...> DC=child domain, DC=domain, DC=org I also...

Timer for Queries?

Erratic results from query criteria

Workflow Error #3
When a case is created I would like an email to be sent with the reference number in it directly to the contact, rather than the account. Whenever I produce this simple workflow and choose "Contact" to recieve the email and start the workflow I get back Error Code 800404cc. back from the Workflow Monitor. Any help would be appricated! Thanks Judging by the error code, my guess is you are creating a case with an account as the customer, and since you have the recipient of the email as a contact, you get the unexpected type error. Are you trying to send an email to the primar...

Error Message
I have been using Outlook 2002 with no problems for over 1.5 years. Last week, I began to get the error message "Unable to complete the operation. A fatal error has occurred in Outlook." This happens when I open and type and email message (MS Word as the editor) and then hit send. The message does not send, and I get this message box. I have search the knowledge base with no luck. Can anyone help? ...

Error when trying to login.
We are using GP V7.5. When one of our users is trying to login she keeps getting 'A get/change first operation on table 'coProcess' failed accessing SQL data.' But when I check the user activity the user is logged in the system. When she tries to login again then she gets 'A get/change operation on 'SY_Current_Activity failed. A record was already locked' Everyone else seems to be able to login fine. That's the problem...delete her from the User Activity table and then have her log back in. She was logged in...and then somehow got kicked out of the syste...

Cannot use object linking and embedding error #2
Hi, I get an error when opening excel 2003 indicating "Cannot use object linking and embedding error". Does anyone have a fix for this? Could not find anything on it. Please let me know You may have the MSBlast virus See http://www.computing.net/office/wwwboard/forum/1185.html Cheers from North Yorkshire UK John P "Todd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09cb01c3d524$1fb9e000$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I get an error when opening excel 2003 indicating "Cannot > use object linking and embedding error". &g...

Update Query ?

design query match anywhere?
In the design query I want to match the letters "ABC" anywhere in the column 'description'. I could not get instr to work by using: InStr(description, "ABC")) > 0 How else can I match ABC (upper and lowercase) to anywhere in my 'description' column? Thanks! Are you saying you put that InStr bit as a criteria under your Description field in the query designer? Try putting Like "*ABC*" as the criteria instead. Alternatively, you could add a computed field to the query InStr([Description, "ABC") and then put >0 as the ...

Flash 10 OCX update causing System Error crash in vb6 IDE
Hi All Has anybody else experienced problems when using flash ocx controls in your VB6 app since the latest Adobe flash player update came out?? I **think** I was on v. 10e and everything was rosey, a little message appeared on PC startup saying do you want to update your flash player, clicked yes and then all my bloody vb6/flash apps stopped working!!! You can't save any changes to the code when a form has the flash ocx component in the form. It keeps crashing with a System Error. I'd kept the flash standalone installer for v10e, but couldn't even reinstall ...

I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It seems to be when I have certain custom fields included in my view that the query errors out. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. Just wanted to add that I seem to get errors when there is a 0.00 amount in these fields... "TJ" wrote: > I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" > when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It se...

Error Number 57121
Hi All, I have a problem with one computer that when a open one of my files on it and run the macro in it it will come up with an error message that says "Error Number 57121. Application-defined or Object-defined Error" though when I open it on another computer it works fine. The Computer that I'm having trouble with is using Office 2007 and my file was orginally made with Office 2003. The file was working on this computer until the begining of this week. Any Answers would be greatly apprieciated Jason Hi Jason, Have a look at the following site and see it...

Help
I am using Exchange 5.5 SP4 + IIS 4.0. OWA often stops response after installing the Mailbox Manager, says - error 'ASP 0115' Unexpected error /exchange/CHS/logon.asp A trappable error occurred in an external object. The script cannot continue running. When this happens, I can't stop and restart WWW publishing service with Control Panel, the only way is to reboot the whole NT system. Have stopped the mailbox manager service and reapplied SP4, but just useless. Pls help! Thanks! I've never heard of that happening. You might try reinstalling Exchange to reinstall OWA. ...

pass through query

Pivot Table Summary Error?
Greetings, Sorry, wasn't sure which subforum to post this in, as there's nothing dedicated to pivot table. My dilemma is as follows: I have a spreadsheet where data is entered daily. For my example, just imagine a spreadsheet with three columns: date, date, delay. Two date columns are used for the pivot table. The pivot table is displayed with month and weekly ranges as the row headers. There is a field in the pivot table that is summarized as a MAX of one of the source data columns. Now, the problem I am coming across is the monthly summary MAX is not c...

a count field in a query?

Birthday query for many children in one record
I have a database for the church, it has one main flat table only. Each record for the parents have field for child1 name, child1birthday, child2 name, child2birthday, child3 name, child3birthday - up to 5 children. I am having difficulty trying to get a report to list the birthdays of the children like this parent name, child 1 name, child 1 birthday month etc. so you get something like this:- Parent John Smith, child Mary Smith January 3 Parent Fred Jones, child Bert Jones March 4 Parent John Smith, child Jane Smith March 6 Parent Harry Brown, child Jane Brown March 6 Parent Bert Taylor,...

8270 Error
Hi I’m kind of new at administering an Exchange server. We run a 2000 network with Exchange 2003 as our mail server. It is also a DC. I have repeatedly emptied out the application error log because it overflows with this error. It shows up in the log 3 times and repeats every 5 minutes for hours I’m talking 10+ Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeAL Event Category: LDAP Operations Event ID: 8270 Date: 10/29/2004 Time: 10:23:40 PM User: N/A Computer: (Server Name) Description: LDAP returned the error [32] Insufficient Rights when importing the transaction dn: CN=Recipient ...

Saving Username and Pass with Web Queries
I am pulling data from a website that requires you to provide a usernam and password everytime you visit the site. Excel has cachin capabilities, but everytime you close excel and try and open up th spreadsheet again, it can't login. What is the fix for this? Thanks, Hend -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Bump! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Why am I getting virus protection error when load excel file
I just upgraded to excel 2003. When I try to old or new file I've create, I get virus file detection error Hi! Have you recently run these files through a virus checker? Just thought... Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try using Tools/Options/General and uncheck Macro Virus Protection which detects any macro in a workbook - even if it is yours -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Gary, This is ambiguous. If you get an Excel warning to the effect of "This workbook contains macros. Macros can be bad...," this is normal if the workbook...

Unresponsive Query Wizard
Hi there, I have an Excel 2003 user who is using a spreadsheet that pulls data from our SQL server. When he opens it and refreshes the data it is fine, it pulls the current data, but when he tries to edit the query, the Query Wizard does not appear, he can see it on the task bar, but when he switches focus using task manager everything is greyed out and nothing works. I have tested the file from my computer and it is fine, which suggests a problem with his machine or installation. Does anyone have any ideas? Cheers, Steve Dooza wrote: > Hi there, > I have an Excel 2003 user who...

report error msgs
hello.. i have a report that would require the user to select a date range... if the date range is invalid, some fields would show Error# ...and i don't want this. how can show an error msg evrytime the date range is invalid... ??? thank you.. -- ai® Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200705/1 On May 15, 12:06 am, "ai_enjoi via AccessMonster.com" <u33509@uwe> wrote: > hello.. > i have a report that would require the user to select a date range... if = the > date range is invalid, some fields wo...

Another simple query
Dear all, I have a table that contains first names and last names in different fields. Is there any way to write a query that will give as a result the first name and last name in the same field? I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance! SELECT [last_name_field] & ", " & [first_name_field] AS whole_name FROM [your_name_table] Change the field and table names to whatever your actual fields and tables are. Cheers, Jason Lepack On Apr 23, 9:47 am, Homer <peter.a.r...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Dear all, > > I have a table that contains first names an...

CRM Install error caused by SRS/MOSS integration?
Doing an install of CRM 4.0 in a development environment running SQL 05 and MOSS 07, each on its own virtual machine. The pre-installation checklist returns only one error, which is a 401: Unauthorized error when trying to access SRS. Trying to browse directly to the report server or report manager while on the application machine results in an access denied error again. On the SQL machine, where SRS is installed, browsing to the report server brings it up without issue. However, when I browse to the report manager site, I get the error: “The operation is not supported on a report ...

Query query
I am trying to create a new field in which it shows the sum total of 10 fields (Charge Time, Charge Time 2, Charge Time 3, etc.); what is the easiest way to do this? -- Joe NewFieldName: [Charge Time] + [Charge Time 2] + [Charge Time 3] .... etc -- Good Luck BS"D "joet5402" wrote: > I am trying to create a new field in which it shows the sum total of 10 > fields (Charge Time, Charge Time 2, Charge Time 3, etc.); what is the easiest > way to do this? > -- > Joe I tried this, and it doesn't work. Is there something I'm forgetting? -- Joe ...