Query Parameter - Between and and operator

I want to supply a parameter to a query to define the from date and to date
and retrieve data falling under this from and to date.

but, i do not want it to be prompted, as the same criteria is to be used in
more than one table.

so, i want to store the from date and o date in a temp table and related
this to the date field in different tables.

thanks

You could create a table (tblDateRange) with 2 date fields (datStart and
datEnd) and only one record. Then add tblDateRange to your query and don't
join it. Set the criteria under your date field to:
  Between [datStart] and [datEnd]

This works well for reports but doesn't allow editing of the results. If
editing is a requirement, you will need to remove the table and use a
criteria like:
  Between DLookup("[datStart]","tblDateRange")  and DLookup("[datEnd]",
"tblDateRange")
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Maran" wrote:

> I want to supply a parameter to a query to define the from date and to date
> and retrieve data falling under this from and to date.
>
> but, i do not want it to be prompted, as the same criteria is to be used in
> more than one table.
>
> so, i want to store the from date and o date in a temp table and related
> this to the date field in different tables.
>
> thanks

Timer for Queries?

Drillthrough report using "Jump to URL" quits working when Parent Report Parameter values are changed
I have a summary report that lists totals and the report has the ability to drillthrough to another "details" report by clicking the numbers on the summary report. The details report is rendered in a separate window using "Jump to URL" and passing the parameters from the summary report to the details report. This has worked fine for some time, but my problem is I need to modify the values of one of the report parameters that is used by the summary report and passed to the detail report. When I modify the parameter "value" and deploy the report the ...

Erratic results from query criteria

Update Query ?

design query match anywhere?
In the design query I want to match the letters "ABC" anywhere in the column 'description'. I could not get instr to work by using: InStr(description, "ABC")) > 0 How else can I match ABC (upper and lowercase) to anywhere in my 'description' column? Thanks! Are you saying you put that InStr bit as a criteria under your Description field in the query designer? Try putting Like "*ABC*" as the criteria instead. Alternatively, you could add a computed field to the query InStr([Description, "ABC") and then put >0 as the ...

I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It seems to be when I have certain custom fields included in my view that the query errors out. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. Just wanted to add that I seem to get errors when there is a 0.00 amount in these fields... "TJ" wrote: > I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" > when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It se...

pass through query

a count field in a query?

Saving Username and Pass with Web Queries
I am pulling data from a website that requires you to provide a usernam and password everytime you visit the site. Excel has cachin capabilities, but everytime you close excel and try and open up th spreadsheet again, it can't login. What is the fix for this? Thanks, Hend -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Bump! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Birthday query for many children in one record
I have a database for the church, it has one main flat table only. Each record for the parents have field for child1 name, child1birthday, child2 name, child2birthday, child3 name, child3birthday - up to 5 children. I am having difficulty trying to get a report to list the birthdays of the children like this parent name, child 1 name, child 1 birthday month etc. so you get something like this:- Parent John Smith, child Mary Smith January 3 Parent Fred Jones, child Bert Jones March 4 Parent John Smith, child Jane Smith March 6 Parent Harry Brown, child Jane Brown March 6 Parent Bert Taylor,...

Unresponsive Query Wizard
Hi there, I have an Excel 2003 user who is using a spreadsheet that pulls data from our SQL server. When he opens it and refreshes the data it is fine, it pulls the current data, but when he tries to edit the query, the Query Wizard does not appear, he can see it on the task bar, but when he switches focus using task manager everything is greyed out and nothing works. I have tested the file from my computer and it is fine, which suggests a problem with his machine or installation. Does anyone have any ideas? Cheers, Steve Dooza wrote: > Hi there, > I have an Excel 2003 user who...

This Operation Cannot Be Performed #4
Money 2003 been working fine for 2 years. 2 days ago, started giving error "This Operation Cannot Be Performed" only when exiting the program and only if a change was made (if no change is made, no error). No major changes made in last two days. MS Article ID : 300226 does not apply or help. Please advise suggestions. Thank you! Randy In microsoft.public.money, Randy wrote: >Money 2003 been working fine for 2 years. 2 days ago, started giving error >"This Operation Cannot Be Performed" only when exiting the program and only >if a change was ma...

Another simple query
Dear all, I have a table that contains first names and last names in different fields. Is there any way to write a query that will give as a result the first name and last name in the same field? I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance! SELECT [last_name_field] & ", " & [first_name_field] AS whole_name FROM [your_name_table] Change the field and table names to whatever your actual fields and tables are. Cheers, Jason Lepack On Apr 23, 9:47 am, Homer <peter.a.r...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Dear all, > > I have a table that contains first names an...

Query query
I am trying to create a new field in which it shows the sum total of 10 fields (Charge Time, Charge Time 2, Charge Time 3, etc.); what is the easiest way to do this? -- Joe NewFieldName: [Charge Time] + [Charge Time 2] + [Charge Time 3] .... etc -- Good Luck BS"D "joet5402" wrote: > I am trying to create a new field in which it shows the sum total of 10 > fields (Charge Time, Charge Time 2, Charge Time 3, etc.); what is the easiest > way to do this? > -- > Joe I tried this, and it doesn't work. Is there something I'm forgetting? -- Joe ...

group by query trouble
I'm trying to run a query that counts the number of people with hemoglobin of type SS, type SC, and then all others. There are about 12 different kinds of types. Basically I want a count for SS, a count for SC, and then a count that totals all the others into one count. Hopefully that makes sense. I'm using group by for the SS and SC which works great, but I'm not sure how to tell it to add up the others. I'm not a big fan of nested IIf statements, but this should work after you put in the proper field and table names: SELECT IIf([Hemoglobin]="SC","SC&...

To Query or not to Query??
Hello all - I'm a newbe to Access but have made great progress. I'm using Acess 2003. The db is up and running prefectly. Now I need to tackle the reporting. I have seen posts about reports and queries and am a little confused. Do I need to create a query to run my reports off of? I have a tabbed subform in the main form. There are seven tabs breaking up all the services we provide. Like "Promo Items", "Leads", "Client Printed Material","Internal Print Material" and so on. The main form has the User, Branch and Marketing Rep. I need to...

Dynamic Query
Hi! I am trying to dynamically modify my pass-through query containing a procedure call with 2 parameters. When I run my access app, I get this error: "Object or provider is not capable of performing reuqested operation." Below is my access code: Dim varItem As Variant Dim strSQL As String Dim cat As ADOX.Catalog Dim cmd As ADODB.Command Dim strMyDate As String, dtMyDate As Date dtMyDate = CDate([Forms]![ySalesHistory]![Start Date]) strMyDate = Format(dtMyDate, "yyyymmdd") strSQL = "procCustomerSalesandPayments '" & s...

Linking tables in a query
I have a database that contains information on a certain number of individuals during different session. Table 1 'tbl_Tracking_Form1' has information on sessions 2,4 and 6. Table 2 'tbl_Tracking_Form2' has information on sessions 1,3 and 5. Table 3 'tbl_General_Info' has demographic information on all the individuals (those who will eventually attentd sessions 1,2,3,5,5 and 6). I need to create two reports. One (Report1) should display all the information on the individuals during session 2, 4 and 6 and another(Report2) that displays all the information on the i...

Query in Access 2007
I have linked via ODBC tables from another database. I have created a query to pull in two columns of information from the two tables in the query. I would like to add an extra column that is only created when the query is run, to dynamically number each row incrementally, depending on how many rows the query returns. If it returns 10 rows, then the first column should be numbered 1 to 10, if it returns 357 rows, then the rows should automatically incrementally number each from from 1 to 357. Try this but substitute your table and field names. Prim is your primary key. This can o...

web query query!
Hi All I've developed a worksheet that retrieves external data from a web page (stocks & shares info). At the moment I display the data at a certain cell in the worksheet so other cells in the sheet can calculate values of my shares. As I don't need the all the external data to be viewed (I only need one column of values), is there a way to extract the data I need from the web query without displaying it all in the worksheet? Thanks in advance Dave ...

query question
I want to be able to run a query i guess to populate the additional information fields in the customer properties. I sell certain items that have warranties and serial numbers and would like the product name (or discription) to display on the first field the date of purchase on the second feild, and the serial # on the third field. I would like to be able to run this query i guess on a weekly bases and be able to run t for all of my past sales as well. Victor ...

Missing parameter
I have a report, which incldes two sub-reports, which run off 3 queries. I get a paremeter error, where a field is required but missing.i can run the sub-reports by themselves, and the queries by themselves, but the main report container fails with this error. I have combed the fields in design view, listed the fields in VBA, checked group and sort, order by properties: the field is not used. So, how do I find it? Ron Ron Carr wrote: >I have a report, which incldes two sub-reports, which run off 3 queries. >I get a paremeter error, where a field is required but missing.i ...

MS Query: WHERE vs HAVING
When I use MS Query to bring data from an external source, Query usually translates my criteria into a HAVING statement, which results in my criteria being included in the GROUP BY statement -- which I do not want. I then have to manually change the HAVING to a WHERE, move the criteria up above the GROUP BY and edit the GROUP BY. I don't like to be bothered to do this, and have trouble explaining this technique to others. Is there a way to make MS Query default to WHERE instead of HAVING? Is there a way to influence which method is used for a particulary query? Thank you. ...

Is there a way to turn off the prompts of a make table query?
I merely want to update the table to be used as an export to Excel using TransferSpreadsheet. Each time it prompts for deleting old records and adding new records. Is there a was to turn off the prompts? Bottom line - I want to create an Macro to export the output of a query to an Excel spreadsheet. BobC, DoCmd.SetWarnings False 'Off Your TransferSpreadsheet line here DoCmd.SetWarnings True 'On -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "...

what is query
I have two table. Table1 : ID# name_of_staff Table2 : File_No (Auto number) Document_Name Forwarded_To The above two table have to connect together. This is a filing system for my day today papers which is each one is going to files after process. I will put File_No as I get from the secnd table on the respective papers to file. What is data type of ID# and File_No Kutty Unless the two tables have a common field they share, how will Access know which records belong together? I'm not seeing a shared field ... ...