Query for previous week, Sun thru Sat, from date field

I run a query for distribution via macro. I could use the 'between dates'
criteria, but is there a better way? I have code 'Between
DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())-1,1) And
DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),0)' that will pull data for the
previous month without using 'between dates'. Can it be modified for previous
week?
--
LMR

Between DateAdd("d",1-WeekDay(Date())-7,Date()) And
DateAdd("d",1-WeekDay(Date())-1,Date())

For today's date (April 9, 2010 that should return
   Between #3/28/2010# and #4/3/2010#

On April 11, 2010 (SUNDAY) that will return
    Between #4/4/2010# and #4/10/2010#

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

Leanne wrote:
> I run a query for distribution via macro. I could use the 'between dates'
> criteria, but is there a better way? I have code 'Between
> DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())-1,1) And
> DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),0)' that will pull data for the
> previous month without using 'between dates'. Can it be modified for previous
> week?
2
John

Will Excel tell me when a date is near?
Hi all, I was just wondering if Excel is capable of alerting its user when date is near or when it has arrived. I know that alot of calande programs will do this however those programs wont keep track of th other information I need. I am trying to keep a list of my buisness' clients and when thie insurance expires. I would like a pop up message or some other type o alert when a date comes near. I dont know if Excel can even do this. Any suggestions will help. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Here's a technique that I discovered a few weeks ago, and I am ...

Timer for Queries?

How to Calculate the Date and The Number
Guys, Please help me on how to do the below calculations. Date (YYDDMM) 080131 = it goes like this 8+1+3+1 = 13 is the answer Text 1000888 = it goes like this 1+8+8+8= 25 is the answer Thanks This function will do what you seek: Private Function GetSumOfDigits(varData As Variant) As Long Dim lngPos As Long, lngSum As Long lngSum = 0 If IsNull(varData) = False Then For lngPos = 1 To Len(varData) lngSum = lngSum + Val(Mid(varData, lngPos, 1)) Next lngPos End If GetSumOfDigits = lngSum End Function -- Ken Snell <M...

Erratic results from query criteria

add beginning of previous month to smartlist search
In most or all report options screens that ask for a date, there is an option for "beginning/end of previous month/period". Please add that to the list of available date options in SmartList's search filters. There is currently a "beginning/end of month/period", but no way to automatically refer to the previous month. Thanks. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, f...

Update Query ?

Sort by Hebrew Date
Does anyone know if (and how) Excel's sort by date function can be used to sort by Hebrew date rather than English Date? Excel can handle the year, but the months and days do not map directly. If you format the dates as integers in the form yyyymmdd, always using 2 digits for the month and day, the standard numerical sort might work. -- Gary's Student "Desperate Dan" wrote: > Does anyone know if (and how) Excel's sort by date function can be used to > sort by Hebrew date rather than English Date? > ...

field highlight
i have an account spreadsheet. with a column heading reading status. How can i tell excel to highlight all cells containing status "I" fo inactive in red, and status "A" for active in green -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You would use Format>Conditional Formatting for this. Select the column in question(I'll assume A). Format>Conditional Formatting>Formula is: enter =A1="I" Format>Pattern Red>OK Add =A1="A" Format>Pattern Green>OK Note: you can use up to three conditional formats(four if you count...

design query match anywhere?
In the design query I want to match the letters "ABC" anywhere in the column 'description'. I could not get instr to work by using: InStr(description, "ABC")) > 0 How else can I match ABC (upper and lowercase) to anywhere in my 'description' column? Thanks! Are you saying you put that InStr bit as a criteria under your Description field in the query designer? Try putting Like "*ABC*" as the criteria instead. Alternatively, you could add a computed field to the query InStr([Description, "ABC") and then put >0 as the ...

automatic date
Is there anyway that a specific date shall be entered automatically for example the computer shall search in the excel table if there is already a date as the 10 of the current month if not it shall input the date in a date field a cell each 10 th of the month after it past or on it ...

I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It seems to be when I have certain custom fields included in my view that the query errors out. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. Just wanted to add that I seem to get errors when there is a 0.00 amount in these fields... "TJ" wrote: > I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" > when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It se...

Removing a field From a Pivot Table
I'm working with a pvt table in excel. Right now there are several fields in the pvt table, including the month different entries are made and the account that made them. When i hit the show detail button in the pivot table i get the detail all of the entries grouped by month and by account on a separate sheet. I want to continue to do this, but i want to also be able to get a second view where i hit the show detail button and only see the detail grouped my account (month is either hidden or totally removed from this list of data in the pvt table and the rows that composed the different...

pass through query

a count field in a query?

why does Word display my field codes upon opening?
I am using Office 2007, and version 11 of Reference Manager. When I open my document, both the Reference Manager fields and the page numbers display with the cryptic words in [brakets]. I must Select All and 'toggle field codes' every time. Can I have Word open with the fields already 'toggled'? Office Button>Word Options>Advanced then uncheck the "Show field codes instead of their values" in the Show document content section of the Word Options dialog. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unle...

Saving Username and Pass with Web Queries
I am pulling data from a website that requires you to provide a usernam and password everytime you visit the site. Excel has cachin capabilities, but everytime you close excel and try and open up th spreadsheet again, it can't login. What is the fix for this? Thanks, Hend -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Bump! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Birthday query for many children in one record
I have a database for the church, it has one main flat table only. Each record for the parents have field for child1 name, child1birthday, child2 name, child2birthday, child3 name, child3birthday - up to 5 children. I am having difficulty trying to get a report to list the birthdays of the children like this parent name, child 1 name, child 1 birthday month etc. so you get something like this:- Parent John Smith, child Mary Smith January 3 Parent Fred Jones, child Bert Jones March 4 Parent John Smith, child Jane Smith March 6 Parent Harry Brown, child Jane Brown March 6 Parent Bert Taylor,...

Unresponsive Query Wizard
Hi there, I have an Excel 2003 user who is using a spreadsheet that pulls data from our SQL server. When he opens it and refreshes the data it is fine, it pulls the current data, but when he tries to edit the query, the Query Wizard does not appear, he can see it on the task bar, but when he switches focus using task manager everything is greyed out and nothing works. I have tested the file from my computer and it is fine, which suggests a problem with his machine or installation. Does anyone have any ideas? Cheers, Steve Dooza wrote: > Hi there, > I have an Excel 2003 user who...

Another simple query
Dear all, I have a table that contains first names and last names in different fields. Is there any way to write a query that will give as a result the first name and last name in the same field? I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance! SELECT [last_name_field] & ", " & [first_name_field] AS whole_name FROM [your_name_table] Change the field and table names to whatever your actual fields and tables are. Cheers, Jason Lepack On Apr 23, 9:47 am, Homer <peter.a.r...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Dear all, > > I have a table that contains first names an...

Query query
I am trying to create a new field in which it shows the sum total of 10 fields (Charge Time, Charge Time 2, Charge Time 3, etc.); what is the easiest way to do this? -- Joe NewFieldName: [Charge Time] + [Charge Time 2] + [Charge Time 3] .... etc -- Good Luck BS"D "joet5402" wrote: > I am trying to create a new field in which it shows the sum total of 10 > fields (Charge Time, Charge Time 2, Charge Time 3, etc.); what is the easiest > way to do this? > -- > Joe I tried this, and it doesn't work. Is there something I'm forgetting? -- Joe ...

Finding the end of 4 week
Hello, I have given the task of preparing a time sheet with 4 weekly blocks. The very first block will start on the first monday of a month and go on for 4 weeks with ending on sunday. Then each further block will start with mondays (after 4 weeks). My problem is finding the end of 4 week and then the monday. To add to the problem each 4 week must be on a seperate sheet and would go for a year. Thanks for your help. If your start date is in cell A1 of sheet1, then the ending date is =A1+27 formatted for date. For the next sheet, use for the start date =Sheet1!A1+28 for the end dat...

Earliest Date via LookUp?
is it possible to select the earliest date from a list via vlookup?What should my formula look like? Many Thanks for your assistanc -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I guess you would have to sort the table with your variable and date ascending first and then use the vlookup function. ie =VLOOKUP("A",A:B,2,0). I would be tempted to automate the sort (possibly everytime you enter the formulae sheet). =MIN(DateRange) "Bush Kangaroo >" <<Bush.Kangaroo.15ivfe@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Bush.Kangaroo.15ivfe@excelforum-nospam....

group by query trouble
I'm trying to run a query that counts the number of people with hemoglobin of type SS, type SC, and then all others. There are about 12 different kinds of types. Basically I want a count for SS, a count for SC, and then a count that totals all the others into one count. Hopefully that makes sense. I'm using group by for the SS and SC which works great, but I'm not sure how to tell it to add up the others. I'm not a big fan of nested IIf statements, but this should work after you put in the proper field and table names: SELECT IIf([Hemoglobin]="SC","SC&...

To Query or not to Query??
Hello all - I'm a newbe to Access but have made great progress. I'm using Acess 2003. The db is up and running prefectly. Now I need to tackle the reporting. I have seen posts about reports and queries and am a little confused. Do I need to create a query to run my reports off of? I have a tabbed subform in the main form. There are seven tabs breaking up all the services we provide. Like "Promo Items", "Leads", "Client Printed Material","Internal Print Material" and so on. The main form has the User, Branch and Marketing Rep. I need to...

Do I have to enter a start AND end date for a task in Outlook?
I am getting a conflict when trying to sync between Outllook 2003 and Blackberry Desktop Manager. Error msg talks of a task having a negative duration and to check the start/end dates/times. when setting the dates, use the start date button. One click on a dtae there will enter the same data for start date and due date. If you want to have a period of time between the dates, use the start date button and wipe a period with your mouse on the little date navigator. -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a c...