query comes up blank

Could somebody please look at my query. I've looked and looked and tried
changing it all different ways, but I can't work out why I'm not getting any
data. My query includes the following field

Afternoon Shift: IIf([Sleepover]=True Or [ServiceDate]=[PhDate] Or
Format([ServiceDate],"ddd")="Sat" Or
Format([ServiceDate],"ddd")="Sun",0,IIf([EndTime]>Format(#8:00:00 PM#,"Short
Time") And [EndTime]<=Format(#12:00:00 AM#,"Short
Time"),Format([Hrs],"Fixed"),0))

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 20:26:01 -0800, Maresdd
<Maresdd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

That field - or any field - in itself cannot restrict any query to
return 0 records. Just delete the field altogether and you should
still get zero records. The problem is elsewhere, with a bad join or
an unexpected where-clause.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>Could somebody please look at my query. I've looked and looked and tried
>changing it all different ways, but I can't work out why I'm not getting any
>data. My query includes the following field
>
>Afternoon Shift: IIf([Sleepover]=True Or [ServiceDate]=[PhDate] Or
>Format([ServiceDate],"ddd")="Sat" Or
>Format([ServiceDate],"ddd")="Sun",0,IIf([EndTime]>Format(#8:00:00 PM#,"Short
>Time") And [EndTime]<=Format(#12:00:00 AM#,"Short
>Time"),Format([Hrs],"Fixed"),0))
-1
Tom

Timer for Queries?

Erratic results from query criteria

Update Query ?

A phantom blank form opens with my form
I have a form that is used for data entry. When it opens there is a phantom blank rectangle that opens adjacent to the regular data entry form. The form is opened via VBA. I have the form set to data entry with additions set to yes. Once I enter data it dissapears. At other times it locks up everything where I have to use the task manager to close. What the . . . First thing I would do would be to see if there are updated Graphics drivers for my hardware. -- HTH, George "Programming Artist" <Programming Artist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2703E1...

design query match anywhere?
In the design query I want to match the letters "ABC" anywhere in the column 'description'. I could not get instr to work by using: InStr(description, "ABC")) > 0 How else can I match ABC (upper and lowercase) to anywhere in my 'description' column? Thanks! Are you saying you put that InStr bit as a criteria under your Description field in the query designer? Try putting Like "*ABC*" as the criteria instead. Alternatively, you could add a computed field to the query InStr([Description, "ABC") and then put >0 as the ...

I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It seems to be when I have certain custom fields included in my view that the query errors out. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. Just wanted to add that I seem to get errors when there is a 0.00 amount in these fields... "TJ" wrote: > I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" > when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It se...

pass through query

Blank Pages #3
I created a document that contains three pages. The document has subheadings for each group of data. These subheadings (cells) are shaded with different colors to separate (color-code) each group. When printing the document, the first three pages print correctly; however, there are three blank pages following which contain the colored cells only...no data. How do I remove the blank pages? Thanks, in advance, for your help. Ann, highlighted only the area that you want printed and then gone to File/Print Area/Set Print Area. This will then only print the area you have highlighted. Tha...

a count field in a query?

Saving Username and Pass with Web Queries
I am pulling data from a website that requires you to provide a usernam and password everytime you visit the site. Excel has cachin capabilities, but everytime you close excel and try and open up th spreadsheet again, it can't login. What is the fix for this? Thanks, Hend -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Bump! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Birthday query for many children in one record
I have a database for the church, it has one main flat table only. Each record for the parents have field for child1 name, child1birthday, child2 name, child2birthday, child3 name, child3birthday - up to 5 children. I am having difficulty trying to get a report to list the birthdays of the children like this parent name, child 1 name, child 1 birthday month etc. so you get something like this:- Parent John Smith, child Mary Smith January 3 Parent Fred Jones, child Bert Jones March 4 Parent John Smith, child Jane Smith March 6 Parent Harry Brown, child Jane Brown March 6 Parent Bert Taylor,...

Unresponsive Query Wizard
Hi there, I have an Excel 2003 user who is using a spreadsheet that pulls data from our SQL server. When he opens it and refreshes the data it is fine, it pulls the current data, but when he tries to edit the query, the Query Wizard does not appear, he can see it on the task bar, but when he switches focus using task manager everything is greyed out and nothing works. I have tested the file from my computer and it is fine, which suggests a problem with his machine or installation. Does anyone have any ideas? Cheers, Steve Dooza wrote: > Hi there, > I have an Excel 2003 user who...

Another simple query
Dear all, I have a table that contains first names and last names in different fields. Is there any way to write a query that will give as a result the first name and last name in the same field? I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance! SELECT [last_name_field] & ", " & [first_name_field] AS whole_name FROM [your_name_table] Change the field and table names to whatever your actual fields and tables are. Cheers, Jason Lepack On Apr 23, 9:47 am, Homer <peter.a.r...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Dear all, > > I have a table that contains first names an...

Query query
I am trying to create a new field in which it shows the sum total of 10 fields (Charge Time, Charge Time 2, Charge Time 3, etc.); what is the easiest way to do this? -- Joe NewFieldName: [Charge Time] + [Charge Time 2] + [Charge Time 3] .... etc -- Good Luck BS"D "joet5402" wrote: > I am trying to create a new field in which it shows the sum total of 10 > fields (Charge Time, Charge Time 2, Charge Time 3, etc.); what is the easiest > way to do this? > -- > Joe I tried this, and it doesn't work. Is there something I'm forgetting? -- Joe ...

group by query trouble
I'm trying to run a query that counts the number of people with hemoglobin of type SS, type SC, and then all others. There are about 12 different kinds of types. Basically I want a count for SS, a count for SC, and then a count that totals all the others into one count. Hopefully that makes sense. I'm using group by for the SS and SC which works great, but I'm not sure how to tell it to add up the others. I'm not a big fan of nested IIf statements, but this should work after you put in the proper field and table names: SELECT IIf([Hemoglobin]="SC","SC&...

Duplicate messages coming into inbox
We had a problem with 7040 messages re-coming into our inbox from June 2009 through April 2010 this past Saturday. We had turned our computer off for the first time in 30 days. We are using 5 different email accounts within the same version of Outlook and only the MSN email account gave us duplicates. We called their support and they said there was no server outage or anything that might have caused this duplication. Now we're trying to find the Outlook set up that might be causing the problem. All of our email settings use POP/STMP in Tools/Account Settings on the Email tab....

To Query or not to Query??
Hello all - I'm a newbe to Access but have made great progress. I'm using Acess 2003. The db is up and running prefectly. Now I need to tackle the reporting. I have seen posts about reports and queries and am a little confused. Do I need to create a query to run my reports off of? I have a tabbed subform in the main form. There are seven tabs breaking up all the services we provide. Like "Promo Items", "Leads", "Client Printed Material","Internal Print Material" and so on. The main form has the User, Branch and Marketing Rep. I need to...

Blank rows
Hi I have a summary table looking at rows in another table i.e. =a13,=a14,=a15 etc etc When the corresponding cells are empty I am left with blank rows on my summary table. Is there any way of eliminating the row automaticall when a blank cell is looked up. Thus will straighten my summary table up and reduce the blank rows so I only have those with data in showing? Thanks Brian Apply a filter to the column returning data - select non-blanks from the filter pull-down (or if these are numbers select Custom | Not equal to | 0), and this will display only those rows with data in them. Hope...

blank sender name & topic
Please help, i received unsolicited email which have blank sender name and topics. izzit a outlook bug or virus. the following info is retrieve from the email. Microsoft Mail Internet Headers Version 2.0 Received: from RAYANPROXY ([195.146.59.57]) by seemail.seem.com.my with Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.0.2195.6713); Sun, 5 Sep 2004 10:06:19 +0800 X-Message-Info: 07FP02HCcilcp22N8ggZXPrBGZ2fC7lyXMscE3X667 Received: (from moorish@195.146.59.57) by eaten6[1 thanks * best regards, Yhng It has nothing to do with Outlook, it is simply spam. Get SpamBayes and train it - soon you will be a happy...

Dynamic Query
Hi! I am trying to dynamically modify my pass-through query containing a procedure call with 2 parameters. When I run my access app, I get this error: "Object or provider is not capable of performing reuqested operation." Below is my access code: Dim varItem As Variant Dim strSQL As String Dim cat As ADOX.Catalog Dim cmd As ADODB.Command Dim strMyDate As String, dtMyDate As Date dtMyDate = CDate([Forms]![ySalesHistory]![Start Date]) strMyDate = Format(dtMyDate, "yyyymmdd") strSQL = "procCustomerSalesandPayments '" & s...

Office 2008 Coming January 2008
From the Entourage Help Blog post: MacBU GM Craig Eisler posted a new release date for Office 2008 for Mac today on the MacMojo blog. Office 2008 for Mac will be available in the US in mid-January 2008 (planning for Macworld) and global general availability will occur in the first quarter of 2008. In addition, because of the �all out press� to get Office 2008 released, you will not see final versions of the RDC client or file format converters until sometime after Office ships. �Sneak peaks� of Office 2008 are going to be offered starting in September. Subscribe to the blog to get the latest...

Linking tables in a query
I have a database that contains information on a certain number of individuals during different session. Table 1 'tbl_Tracking_Form1' has information on sessions 2,4 and 6. Table 2 'tbl_Tracking_Form2' has information on sessions 1,3 and 5. Table 3 'tbl_General_Info' has demographic information on all the individuals (those who will eventually attentd sessions 1,2,3,5,5 and 6). I need to create two reports. One (Report1) should display all the information on the individuals during session 2, 4 and 6 and another(Report2) that displays all the information on the i...

Query in Access 2007
I have linked via ODBC tables from another database. I have created a query to pull in two columns of information from the two tables in the query. I would like to add an extra column that is only created when the query is run, to dynamically number each row incrementally, depending on how many rows the query returns. If it returns 10 rows, then the first column should be numbered 1 to 10, if it returns 357 rows, then the rows should automatically incrementally number each from from 1 to 357. Try this but substitute your table and field names. Prim is your primary key. This can o...

web query query!
Hi All I've developed a worksheet that retrieves external data from a web page (stocks & shares info). At the moment I display the data at a certain cell in the worksheet so other cells in the sheet can calculate values of my shares. As I don't need the all the external data to be viewed (I only need one column of values), is there a way to extract the data I need from the web query without displaying it all in the worksheet? Thanks in advance Dave ...

query question
I want to be able to run a query i guess to populate the additional information fields in the customer properties. I sell certain items that have warranties and serial numbers and would like the product name (or discription) to display on the first field the date of purchase on the second feild, and the serial # on the third field. I would like to be able to run this query i guess on a weekly bases and be able to run t for all of my past sales as well. Victor ...