Query by Form Problem 06-19-07

I'm using QBF with about six different combo boxes using:
[forms]! [formmain]! [combo1] or [forms]![formmain1]![combo1] -like in a VBA
book.  This is so users can select criteria on a form with the combo boxes,
and when they are done, they hit the search button, and it opens up another
form based on the query just performed by the combo selection.

This worked for about three combo boxes, but when I added another one, it
freezes up and opens up a blank page.  It's supposed to open the new form
based on the query.

Is there a better way to do this?  I've looked exhaustively, so  help would
be greatly appreciated.

Timer for Queries?

Outlook Forms slow to load
All of the suddent, one of my customers is having an issue with his outlook client. His forms are taking 3 minutes to load. Any idea why this may be happening? Where are the forms he's trying to load? They wouldn't be halfway around the world, would they? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Boomer" <marionFSU@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171297633.827243.132230@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > All of the suddent, one of my customers is having an issue with his > outlook client. His forms are ta...

Erratic results from query criteria

Outlook Express 04-19-10
Outlook Express is placing an inbound email directly into the Deleted Items folder, but only email from a specific sender, it is not going into a spam folder, this is the Outlook Express version that shipped with Microsoft Office 2003. Can anyone help? Outlook Express does not ship with an Office program. It is not related to Office. This is an Outlook newsgroup. You should ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD71DF0C-ACBB-42BA-8336-4FD3ACC49BD9@microsoft.com... : Outlook Express is placing an inbo...

Excel Forms #5
Once I have created a form (for entering data in a spreadsheet)...is there a way to save the form for future use to avoid having to choose the columns each time I want to enter data? If you referring to Excel's Data, Form feature if you assign the name "database" to the list you do not have to select the list to use it with Data, Form. -- Jim "wheresleo" <wheresleo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA4C1EF6-FF2D-4EE3-837D-22814D6A9F34@microsoft.com... | Once I have created a form (for entering data in a spreadsheet)...is there a | way to sa...

The disappearing form
In using Access 2007, I have a database with five joined tables. I want to make a form, based on the "main table" and then four individual subforms. This works fine for the first of the four subforms, but when I add the second in design view, and then look at my handy work in Form View, all I have is a blank, white display, none of the controls are visible. This is the most complex form I have ever attempted and can not determine what is wrong. Please help. Paul If your form is blank, that generally means there was no data there to show. Make sure your control sour...

Update Query ?

Using Access form to assign values of variables in an Excel VBA program
I have created a VBA program for Ms Excel.But,to get desired results, every time, I go into the code to change the values of variables.Is there a way to get the values of variables stored in an Access table? YOu need to do a search for ADO method (ActiveX Data Object). There are plenty of example of code on the web. You need to add two references in your VBA to use the method. from VBA menu tools - References 1) Microsoft Access XX.X object library 2) Microsfot ActiveX Data Objects X.X library Use the latest versio of the two libraries on your PC. You will make a conn...

design query match anywhere?
In the design query I want to match the letters "ABC" anywhere in the column 'description'. I could not get instr to work by using: InStr(description, "ABC")) > 0 How else can I match ABC (upper and lowercase) to anywhere in my 'description' column? Thanks! Are you saying you put that InStr bit as a criteria under your Description field in the query designer? Try putting Like "*ABC*" as the criteria instead. Alternatively, you could add a computed field to the query InStr([Description, "ABC") and then put >0 as the ...

MDI childframe problems
To create a maximized mdi child frame I tried this: BOOL CChildFrame::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs) { if( !CMDIChildWnd::PreCreateWindow(cs) ) return FALSE; if (IsWindow(m_hWnd)) { ShowWindow(SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED); } return TRUE; } The window is opened maximized but the minimize/maximize/close buttons are missing. When I open a 2nd document and click on windows | tile the behaviour turns back to normal. Can someone tell what's wrong here? cs.style |= WS_MAXIMIZE didn't work either. It's opened in normal size. TIA, Hans Do this in ActivateFrame: void CChildFrame...

A phantom blank form opens with my form
I have a form that is used for data entry. When it opens there is a phantom blank rectangle that opens adjacent to the regular data entry form. The form is opened via VBA. I have the form set to data entry with additions set to yes. Once I enter data it dissapears. At other times it locks up everything where I have to use the task manager to close. What the . . . First thing I would do would be to see if there are updated Graphics drivers for my hardware. -- HTH, George "Programming Artist" <Programming Artist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2703E1...

recordset "over" 2 forms
I think this is a rather basic question and difficult to explain, but I'll try I have this form with 1 entryfield and 1 puhbutton In this entryfield I enter a name, or part of a name I click the pushbutton and another form opens, based upon what I entered in the first form The code for the pushbutton of the first form is: Private Sub Knop13_Click() If IsNull(Me!Naam_lk) = False Then If MsgBox("Je koos een naam", vbOKOnly, "Let op") Then End If End If If IsNull(Me!Naam_lk) = False Then Dim g As Form, f As Form Dim db As Database Set db = Cur...

I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It seems to be when I have certain custom fields included in my view that the query errors out. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. Just wanted to add that I seem to get errors when there is a 0.00 amount in these fields... "TJ" wrote: > I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" > when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It se...

Problems importing from DBF to Outlook
I've been importing records from my business database (Foxpro DBF) to Outlook's Contacts database for about a week and have run into a snag. One of the fields contains the contact's email address, and although it appears to import over to Outlook with no trouble, when I highlight a given Outlook record and select the New Message to Contact icon, I get the following error: "Error creating new mail! This may be caused due to an incorrect e-mail address for a contact or an invalid name for a distribution list." Since I have no distribution list, I assume the problem inv...

weird WM_QUERYENDSESSION problem
Recently, I had a problem reported to me with (non-admin) operators unable to log out of our server systems. I tracked this down to the "Default IME" window associated with several applications (different each time) responding to WM_QUERYENDSESSION with FALSE. I went to the trouble of writing a test app that enumerated top-level windows and sent them this message just so I could check. Imagine my suprise when I found it wasn't even a window that we'd created for ourselves that caused the problem. Now we can fix this problem by turning off advanced text input services, becau...

Transparent form with hourglass?
I want to have a maximized form that is transparent. In the center is a label with some text. I could not figure out how to have a waitcursor displayed on the form. Does anyone know how to do that with a transparent form? As an alternative, I tried setting the opacity to something low like 5%. The waitcursor worked but I could not see the label text in the middle of the form. Thanks for any help you can provide. ...

pass through query

Passing Values from One Form to Another Including a Combo Box
Hi, hope someone can help with passing two values from one form to another by way of a command button. I have spent a week on various code taken from this site, but still no luck. Please ... someone help!! The form I am passing values from is called PATIENT HISTORY-Form. On this form, I need to pass a date from a field called DateSFESigned and I also need to pass information collected from a Combo box, Combo91. The command button is called Command119. The form that the values are being passed to is called Personal Habits- Form. Thank you in advance for any help on this matter. Maurita ...

problem reading newsgroups
Hello All...For some reason, I am no longer able to read newsgroups with Outlook 2003. I then tried it with IE6 by going to 'Tools' and 'Read News' but to no avail. I went to the Microsoft KB but didn't find anything specific to help me.Anybody have any ideas? Thank you for your time. Reply was.....Look at this article to see if might help. If not, post back.http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en- us;q171190 Next reply.....DonL, Thank you for your reply. Couple of things; first, I'm using Outlook not Express. That shouldn't make much of a di...

a count field in a query?

Saving Username and Pass with Web Queries
I am pulling data from a website that requires you to provide a usernam and password everytime you visit the site. Excel has cachin capabilities, but everytime you close excel and try and open up th spreadsheet again, it can't login. What is the fix for this? Thanks, Hend -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Bump! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Birthday query for many children in one record
I have a database for the church, it has one main flat table only. Each record for the parents have field for child1 name, child1birthday, child2 name, child2birthday, child3 name, child3birthday - up to 5 children. I am having difficulty trying to get a report to list the birthdays of the children like this parent name, child 1 name, child 1 birthday month etc. so you get something like this:- Parent John Smith, child Mary Smith January 3 Parent Fred Jones, child Bert Jones March 4 Parent John Smith, child Jane Smith March 6 Parent Harry Brown, child Jane Brown March 6 Parent Bert Taylor,...

Form Not Opening Right
I am using the following code from to open a form from another continuous form. DoCmd.OpenForm "frmDhallAddExpiredRefRecy", , , , acFormAdd, , [DHallID] = Me.DHallID However, the form opens except that the DhallID does not transfer. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? The DhallID is an autonumber field. -- Thanks As Always Rip Ripper wrote: > I am using the following code from to open a form from another continuous > form. > DoCmd.OpenForm "frmDhallAddExpiredRefRecy", , , , acFormAdd, , [DHallID] > = Me.DHallID >...

Space problem with .NET 2.0
I am loading an XML file and applying the XSLT using .net 2003 (C#). XSLT will add Space character in the xml. I am using the entity value for space character &#32. it works fine in .net 1.1 whereas in .net 2.0 the space character is not showing up in the xml at all. Any idea why this works in ..NET 1.1 and not the .NET 2.0 parser? However, if I use the entity (&#160) then it works well for both .net 1.1 and .net 2.0. Is this a known issue? Any suggestions on why the space is not showing up with .NET 2.0 would be appreciated. Gaurav wrote: > I am loading an XML file and ap...

local and external address problem
Hello I've got one problem with exchange 2000 At configuration Outlook 2000 with use Exchange Serwer and outisde mail account. During sending a massages in this outside account(it's a default mail box), massage was marked as exchange local name (for example user@exchange.local) In result the receiver see local address and don't know what is sender external account (address) When I try force sending massage with external address (in field from) exchange write the error " you have no permission to send massage uses this account". How can we resolve this? Thanks for he...